Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

+37
Ledgic
Calisar
Finnabhair
Maelmoor
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Solanum
Raenmar
Krogon Devilstep
Sadok
Emrys
Bloedneus
Skarain
Coppersocket
Larnira
Sharyssa/Adenah
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Grim
Thelos
Xen-tau
Eodan
Khendran
Samian/Bismack
siegmund
Rmuffn
Loot
Timna
Valestrion
Ara
Rammius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kozgugore Feraleye
Thrakha
Cid
Gilran
Shriukan
41 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 5 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by siegmund Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Gilran wrote:To inform and spread some details. The fight will be on the Theramore Highway where the Alliance forces would try keeping the horde off the bay. In the middle of the fight, the Mana bomb will drop which will cause our Imminent retreat to the ships. Since the Theramore will be bombed and we would get infected with arcane radiation in case we would run past the Theramore. Therefore, we will escape with a few ships on the shores of Dustwallow, however since there are not any ships in-game scattared around the shore we'll retreat to the ship near the Northwatch keep but you'll have to imagine that we are aboarding a ship in Dustwallow.. - A little bit of imagination will be required. We'll have the objective to hold off the ship for let's say a few minutes and then we would sail off, while being troubled by the Horde ships. Then I guess we could have some roleplay on the ship as we ICly sail towards the Eastern Kingdoms..

And that's basically the plan in a nutshell.

I like it. Anyone opposed? *Prepares exploding chickens*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 5 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Vaell Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 pm

You can speak to someone near Theramore to "Unphase" it. We could have all the guilds march out from the old city...!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammius Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Heys quick note for the Alliance. You can be able to change the phases of Theramore if you wish. So we can RP inside the un ruined Theramore if we wish before the PVP begins. Then after the PVP, we can ask the glowing lady to change it back to the ruined city Smile
Rammius
Rammius

Character sheet
Name: Valten Grimaldus
Title: Lieutenant of the Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 pm

I can confirm that this works for the Horde too. Simply speak with Zidormi at the beginning of the southern highway bridge leading up to Theramore, and you can revert it back or forth. If everyone who's done the scenario does that, everyone should be in the same phased zone (and in a fully refurnished Theramore).
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 am

Awesome! Good to know.

Though when i try it it sais: Requires Expainsion: Mists of Pandaria :<

Last edited by siegmund on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 am

Vaell wrote:My only issue is, I thought the attack on Theramore was a surprise attack. Not to mention how close Org is to Theramore in comparison to Stormwind, so how would this whole defence thing work? I thought Theramore was fucked because it didn't have many troops defending it?

Theramore was better defended, because the Horde waited for quite a while. Northwatch Tower(Was it) had been overrun by surprise, after that the Horde started to provoke and wait for as many troops the Alliance could rally.

So, Theramore might not have been taken yet... but I think you cán say Northwatch has fallen already and the Horde troops are there IC...
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:05 am

Aishling wrote:
Vaell wrote:My only issue is, I thought the attack on Theramore was a surprise attack. Not to mention how close Org is to Theramore in comparison to Stormwind, so how would this whole defence thing work? I thought Theramore was fucked because it didn't have many troops defending it?

Theramore was better defended, because the Horde waited for quite a while. Northwatch Tower(Was it) had been overrun by surprise, after that the Horde started to provoke and wait for as many troops the Alliance could rally.

So, Theramore might not have been taken yet... but I think you cán say Northwatch has fallen already and the Horde troops are there IC...

Aye, the war-meeting last night was 'three days' before the march on Theramore (saturday) if we're going by book timeline, that means we're right on track and Northwatch fell yesterday afternoon. So right now Garrosh is sitting in Northwatch loling at dead alliance.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

Bob made it out there last night,finding a rat arsed Greyclaw but no wife or child sadly.*Retires to the pub to relive some painful memories*

Ha! we'll be happy to see Theramore burn
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 am

Okay, small little problem with this 'turn back phasing', you HAVE TO HAVE Mists Expac to undo the damage.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 am

bugger >< this is indeed a problem.But I thought we were going to fight outside of Theramore.The area around the marshs is the same so Very Happy
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:39 am

Kyrby wrote:bugger >< this is indeed a problem.But I thought we were going to fight outside of Theramore.The area around the marshs is the same so Very Happy

Was just a option to not have to use our imagination that Theramore still stands. But ya we'll fight in the marsh, fun fun fun all around.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 am

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Okay, small little problem with this 'turn back phasing', you HAVE TO HAVE Mists Expac to undo the damage.
I've yet to buy it but I managed to unphase it... How strange. Did they change it in the patch this morning?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 am

Vaell wrote:
Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Okay, small little problem with this 'turn back phasing', you HAVE TO HAVE Mists Expac to undo the damage.
I've yet to buy it but I managed to unphase it... How strange. Did they change it in the patch this morning?

Most recent US patch notes: http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/7207170
Interacting with Zidormi in Dustwallow Bay no longer requires Mists of Pandaria.
Not sure if the patch has been applied in the EU yet, but if it has, Vaell would be correct.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:08 am

Sadok wrote:
Vaell wrote:

Most recent US patch notes: http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/7207170
Interacting with Zidormi in Dustwallow Bay no longer requires Mists of Pandaria.
Not sure if the patch has been applied in the EU yet, but if it has, Vaell would be correct.

It hasn't yet. I just tested.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:03 pm

I just tested and it works fine.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Well that's odd, I had two people without Mists try it, denied. I have mists, denied. Seems temperamental.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Well as I don't have Mists and I can switch back and forth between the phases, it's clearly random. I wouldn't really depend any RP on it, or there can be the odd people who will be bummed when they can't participate because Blizz can't make a thing work as it's intended to. Sadly the Alliance now has to pay for it.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Quests
From http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170.

Perhaps the only difference is not having the scenario finished?
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Finishing the scenario is what triggers the phased Theramore in the first place, so that's not the issue, me thinks.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:13 pm

So...

Anyone going to put up any of the details about this event at some point? like the order of battle, rules, plan in general? would be appreciated.

and dont worry about times/locations, got that covered.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Erahn will have all the details about how the battles will take place, rules are the ones in general: No corpse-camping and mid battle ressurecting.

And the plan in general:

The fight will be on the Theramore Highway where the Alliance forces would try keeping the horde off the bay. In the middle of the fight, the Mana bomb will drop which will cause our Imminent retreat to the ships. Since the Theramore will be bombed and we would get infected with arcane radiation in case we would run past the Theramore, we will escape with a few ships on the shores of Dustwallow, however since there are not any ships in-game scattared around the shore we'll retreat to the ship near the Northwatch keep but you'll have to imagine that we are aboarding a ship in Dustwallow.. - A little bit of imagination will be required. We'll have the objective to hold off the ship for let's say a few minutes and then we would sail off, while being troubled by the Horde ships.

Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Thankyou for the clarification Gilran. o/
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:16 pm

I suppose you realise it's not exactly in line with what's been described in the book? The Horde forces had retreated to a safe distance when all the Alliance was (assumed to be) back inside Theramore's walls to drop the bomb on them all.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Well yes, while it might not be really according to the book, our characters will would be killed should we retreat back to Theramore Icly.

However, I think can be done the like this: During the fight, the Horde forces would suddenly retreat, while we would be celebrating a "victory" or well trying to understand what happend, a big boom would be heard (The bomb) which would devestate Theramore, would cause our retreat to the ship, being then followed by the Horde forces.

What's your view on that, Koz?

Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Seems reasonable enough. I think it might just be important to have an intermezzo from the fighting by the time the bomb will ICly be dropped, as to build tension or to, at least the people that would want to do so, offer a chance to RP out their reactions properly, instead of it taking place in mid-combat. With that in place, I'd say fair game. I suppose some Alliance people aren't in the mood to be turned into arcane dust yet.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next