Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

+37
Ledgic
Calisar
Finnabhair
Maelmoor
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Solanum
Raenmar
Krogon Devilstep
Sadok
Emrys
Bloedneus
Skarain
Coppersocket
Larnira
Sharyssa/Adenah
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Grim
Thelos
Xen-tau
Eodan
Khendran
Samian/Bismack
siegmund
Rmuffn
Loot
Timna
Valestrion
Ara
Rammius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kozgugore Feraleye
Thrakha
Cid
Gilran
Shriukan
41 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 2 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Rmuffn Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:53 pm

I have a theory that we can have a campaign that takes place before the bombing.

A sort of Plan A, the Horde attempts to physicly crush Theramore, probably won't make it.

So the Lore kicks in and Plan B, the bomb fucks up everything, no IC chars has to die, they can have left after the Horde retreated.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 2 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Khendran Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:44 pm

That's actually more or less how it goes in the story. The Horde tries to first attack Theramore by conventional means, the overwhelming numbers force the Alliance to send in vast reinforcements, including high-ranking officers and veterans. Though in the end, the Alliance is pushed into the center of Theramore, Garrosh orders the Horde to retreat and drops the manabomb.

The battle could focus on the first part, where the two factions wage war by conventional means. The Alliance guilds present could represent a cut-off force that is unable to retreat to Theramore with the rest, and has to watch its destruction from a distance before fighting their way out of the pocket? You don't see surrounded troops often in RP (perhaps because the survival rate tends to be bad...), it could be an interesting change with the dwindling supply situation forcing the troops to live off the land, some of the plant and wildlife being unedible, causing sickness and loss of morale in the Alliance camp. At the same time, the Horde would probably be drunk on victory, partying hard in the marshes and harassing the pocket to keep the Alliance on toes.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Khendran wrote:That's actually more or less how it goes in the story. The Horde tries to first attack Theramore by conventional means, the overwhelming numbers force the Alliance to send in vast reinforcements, including high-ranking officers and veterans. Though in the end, the Alliance is pushed into the center of Theramore, Garrosh orders the Horde to retreat and drops the manabomb.

The battle could focus on the first part, where the two factions wage war by conventional means. The Alliance guilds present could represent a cut-off force that is unable to retreat to Theramore with the rest, and has to watch its destruction from a distance before fighting their way out of the pocket? You don't see surrounded troops often in RP (perhaps because the survival rate tends to be bad...), it could be an interesting change with the dwindling supply situation forcing the troops to live off the land, some of the plant and wildlife being unedible, causing sickness and loss of morale in the Alliance camp. At the same time, the Horde would probably be drunk on victory, partying hard in the marshes and harassing the pocket to keep the Alliance on toes.

Here we go!
I say it's time to start planning for both factions to have it in time for the scenario release!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm willing to lead and organize the Alliance part of this event, been talking to Erahn to get it on the road seeing as little has been done so far.

I would like guilds to give me a poke if interested. I'll poke you lot in turn through game should I meet you.

Hoping to gain interest!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 pm

I have been told a battle has been planned already. Perhaps it's concerning a different phase or something, but I've been told as much anyway.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Eodan wrote:I'm willing to lead and organize the Alliance part of this event, been talking to Erahn to get it on the road seeing as little has been done so far.

I would like guilds to give me a poke if interested. I'll poke you lot in turn through game should I meet you.

Hoping to gain interest!

Indeed, in the lack of knowledge regarding the Fall of Theramore I decided to take it upon myself, and an Alliance counterpart, whom I choose to be Eodan, to try and establish something that would take place just before the actual bombing (as I am lead to believe happens in the official lore book).

However.

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:I have been told a battle has been planned already. Perhaps it's concerning a different phase or something, but I've been told as much anyway.

If this is so, I'd like to know who it is that organize this, and if it is indeed a different phase or not. So that events doesn't clash!
After all we only need one, but there should atleast be one at all, too! Smile
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Far as i know, since i'm invited to it. Larina and Gilran are the main organizers of it, ally side.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 pm

On what date? The Crimson Imperium is interested to join this on Horde side.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I sugest you ask those who are organizing it, but the general date is around a week from now, give or take.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Aishling wrote:On what date? The Crimson Imperium is interested to join this on Horde side.

Contact either me or Gilran, though since I'm merely helping Gilran with Horde-side I suggest you ask Gilran first!
But if you can't find him I'll give him your message too. Either works.

I'm found on 'Varrgosh'.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:31 am

Right, I will hop on my Alliance char from time to time then. -points at Alderil-
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 am

For the Theramore event, every alliance or Horde RP guild is welcome to attend. Just whisper Erahn/Varrgosh on Horde side and Larnira or Gilran on Alliance side.

Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 am

I regret not having a proper character to attend this event on. I will probably end up re-tailoring Thelos trough AddOns as a generic Exodar Anchorite so I can at least participate in the PvP half of the event. Please keep me updated!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:05 pm

The Marauders will be taking part. Varrgosh has joined our ranks to help facilitate this.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Oh crap. I forgot to add: Theramore will be phased if you do the Scenario. So we can't use Theramore directly if we wanna include everyone. That is why I had thought of Southern Barrens. I guess we'll have to prod around to see where the borders of the phase are.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Or, just make sure everyone has finished the scenario. Shouldn't be too hard, nor take too long.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:53 pm

That's the problem. After you do it, you see destroyed Theramore and as I understand, we will RP and fight out the moment before the mana bomb, hence why it's a problem, unless everyone wants to ignore a giant purple crater in town.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Shriukan wrote:That's the problem. After you do it, you see destroyed Theramore and as I understand, we will RP and fight out the moment before the mana bomb, hence why it's a problem, unless everyone wants to ignore a giant purple crater in town.

Indeed. So either we don't directly use Theramore (which we probably wouldn't anyway), or people will have to wait with scenario.. I reckon the former is the more appealing choice.

I'll check with Gilran however once I'm online!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Ooooh alright, gotcha.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:20 pm

After quickly taking a look myself, I guess we can march through the Theramore Highway and have our fight before the phasing barrier (duh)
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Thelos wrote:I regret not having a proper character to attend this event on. I will probably end up re-tailoring Thelos trough AddOns as a generic Exodar Anchorite so I can at least participate in the PvP half of the event. Please keep me updated!
I'll be doing the same. One of the debenefits of rping a character belonging to a neutral faction! Going to have Brian the generic mage for this event.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Shriukan wrote:After quickly taking a look myself, I guess we can march through the Theramore Highway and have our fight before the phasing barrier (duh)

Where exactly does the phasing barrier end?
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Keep me informed. As Grenier Blackwrath, would be odd if I wasn't there, in a fashion or another.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:03 pm

*NOTE* Has anyone actually read the entire Book? Tides of War something!!

I need to know if the Horde attack prior to the bomb is a surprise attack or not.

Thank you in beforehand!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Gilran wrote:
Shriukan wrote:After quickly taking a look myself, I guess we can march through the Theramore Highway and have our fight before the phasing barrier (duh)

Where exactly does the phasing barrier end?

We'll have to wait until tomorrow (if EU realms get it opened right away like in the US this evening) or wednesday to see it.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next