Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

+19
Khrona Lockheart
Ilsinea Fireleaf
Skarain
Xyros
Iriel Silversong
Gesh
Muzjhath
Morgeth
Lexgrad
erwtenpeller
Dolerien
Vaell
Sonitus
Emrys
Xen-tau
Krogon Devilstep
Magaskawee/Anaei
Drustai
Sadok
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 4 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:16 pm

* Loads up a whole sack of crappy replica mana-bombs *

BRING IT!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 4 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by Sadok Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 pm

We're back!

After the slight inconvenience of being captured and roughed up by the Alliance, Sadok will be chairing the Horde Arcane Conclave once more on the 12th of December at the usual time. This time, we're returning once more to the Temple of the Damned within the Undercity's Magic Quarter. Speaking points will be announced in a couple of days, but as ever, you're encouraged to bring your own matters to discuss.

Note: After a series of disruptive incidents involving non-arcanists, attendance is now formally limited to magi and warlocks only. If the Arcane Conclave interests you but you're not a mage or warlock, I'd strongly encourage you to roll an alt of either class and attend. You'll be able to engage more effectively with the discussion and we'll all have a more rewarding arcane RP experience!

If you'd like a calendar invite and don't yet have one, whisper Sadok ingame, send me a PM or post in this thread with your mage/warlock's name.

Last edited by Sadok on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 pm

5th of December is a dutch holliday. I would kindly request you reconsider Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 pm

I can put it back to the 12th, if that's a better date.

Putting it a week earlier is too short notice, and I'm loath to move it from Wednesday (since it'll clash with other councils/events).
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

If other people agree with that, then that would be cool. Otherwise just do it the 5th. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

After talking to a couple of Dutch people, I'm reasonably satisfied that Sinterklaas is a big enough deal to reschedule.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Magnificent Magi and Wicked Warlocks, in exactly one week's time the Fifth Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave will be held within the Undercity Magic Quarter's Temple of the Damned - that's the 12th of December at 20:30 realmtime.

Points of Discussion might include:
- The Kirin Tor and the Horde - With tension still rife in Theramore's aftermath, will the Violet City continue its neutrality, or are the Horde on the precipice of making a new, powerful enemy? ((Given the ambiguity around when the 5.1 Dalaran developments will occur ICly, a speculative and uncertain tone is appreciative.))
- Pandaria and the Arcane - More knowledge of Pandaria and its races emerges by the day. Do the Southlands hold any new developments for arcanists, be they in new magical cultures, prizeless apocrypha or devastating weapons?
- War on Pandaria - Conflict in the Southlands has reached fever-point. How can the Conclave aid the Horde war effort? ((This Conclave will be held during the Jade Fist Campaign - it stands to reason that we can and should use initiative to deploy our own plans to thwart the Alliance and aid the Horde. RP surrounding this should extend beyond the Conclave.*))
- Bring your own matters for discussion, as always!

NB: For the first time, I am formally limiting attendance to magi and warlocks only. If the Conclave interests you, I strongly urge you to please bring your mage and warlock (or roll one if you don't have either). I cannot enforce this either OOCly or ICly (beyond 'I'mma beat you up', which is highly undesirable), but would ask compliance with this request - it is an Arcane Conclave, after all.

*For various reasons, the Fifth Session will not be held in Pandaria. Chief amongst them is finding a truly suitable location - the Horde-specific camps are either heavily phased or not specifically-arcane themed; and neutral areas like the Seat of Knowledge do not ICly lend well to pro-war Horde gatherings, however nice they might look. It is very possible the Sixth Session will be in Pandaria, but it's not iron-clad yet.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Greetings and Salutations green skin.

The Cult of the Damned is potentially sending it's own eyes and ears to your conclave, be prepared as the Supreme Leader needs to see all of his minions.

On behalf of the Supreme Leader I send his regards.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Sadok wrote:*For various reasons, the Fifth Session will not be held in Pandaria. Chief amongst them is finding a truly suitable location - the Horde-specific camps are either heavily phased or not specifically-arcane themed; and neutral areas like the Seat of Knowledge do not ICly lend well to pro-war Horde gatherings, however nice they might look. It is very possible the Sixth Session will be in Pandaria, but it's not iron-clad yet.
Shouldn't be a problem for the magical community to arrange quick-travel anyway. The conclave could be held in any major city, and no attendee should have a lot of trouble getting there within half a day. Wizards!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:55 am

Isn´t there a possibility that we can hold this in Pandaria? Problem is that there is a warcampaign and I have heard quite a few are going to attend, including myself. I would love to join this, but my character is in Pandaria fighting...
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Aishling wrote:Isn´t there a possibility that we can hold this in Pandaria? Problem is that there is a warcampaign and I have heard quite a few are going to attend, including myself. I would love to join this, but my character is in Pandaria fighting...
Sadok wrote:*For various reasons, the Fifth Session will not be held in Pandaria. Chief amongst them is finding a truly suitable location - the Horde-specific camps are either heavily phased or not specifically-arcane themed; and neutral areas like the Seat of Knowledge do not ICly lend well to pro-war Horde gatherings, however nice they might look. It is very possible the Sixth Session will be in Pandaria, but it's not iron-clad yet.

The Jade Fist campaign and the Arcane Conclave will not be mutually exclusive, and I personally intend on attending both. But due to various reasons including lack of a suitable location (within Jade Forest, for instance, Honeydew and Grookin are phased, and other locations are neutral or inappropriate), lack of notice for a change in location and subsequent confusion, the Conclave will be held outside of Pandaria. Nonetheless, it will indeed be war-centric, and I expect plans to be hatched that can then be enacted during the remainder of the RP-PvP campaign.

If you're keen on attending, I'd encourage you to make use of some of the travel links that we can infer have now been established (be it ships or portal anchors), or to suspend disbelief somewhat in the same conditions that precipitated attending Horde Gatherings and the ilk. It's not ideal, that much I will admit, but I consider it a best-case scenario all things considered.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:54 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem for the magical community to arrange quick-travel anyway. The conclave could be held in any major city, and no attendee should have a lot of trouble getting there within half a day. Wizards!
Just sayin'. Portals.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 am

This is tonight! 2030 at the Temple of the Damned (where the mage/warlock trainers are) in the Undercity's Magic Quarter. We'll be taking discussing current events and devising cunning stratagems for laying waste to the Alliance during the remainder of the Jade Fist Campaign.

Sadok wrote:Points of Discussion might include:
- The Kirin Tor and the Horde - With tension still rife in Theramore's aftermath, will the Violet City continue its neutrality, or are the Horde on the precipice of making a new, powerful enemy? ((Given the ambiguity around when the 5.1 Dalaran developments will occur ICly, a speculative and uncertain tone is appreciative.))
- Pandaria and the Arcane - More knowledge of Pandaria and its races emerges by the day. Do the Southlands hold any new developments for arcanists, be they in new magical cultures, prizeless apocrypha or devastating weapons?
- War on Pandaria - Conflict in the Southlands has reached fever-point. How can the Conclave aid the Horde war effort? ((This Conclave will be held during the Jade Fist Campaign - it stands to reason that we can and should use initiative to deploy our own plans to thwart the Alliance and aid the Horde. RP surrounding this should extend beyond the Conclave.*))
- Bring your own matters for discussion, as always!

NB: For the first time, I am formally limiting attendance to magi and warlocks only. If the Conclave interests you, I strongly urge you to please bring your mage and warlock (or roll one if you don't have either). I cannot enforce this either OOCly or ICly (beyond 'I'mma beat you up', which is highly undesirable), but would ask compliance with this request - it is an Arcane Conclave, after all.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Crapperdoodles, Sadok. I have a late-night meeting at 8. I'm not quite sure when I'll be home, but if this is still going on I'll pop in on Delidah.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm

The Fifth Session was held this evening, with a surprisingly low turnout. Thankfully, those that did participate were both both active and engaging, and the subsequent session was perhaps the best magical discussion the Conclave has seen yet. At the end, we came away with a series of initiatives that should hopefully provide some juicy RP-PvP during the remainder of the Jade Fist Campaign. As ever, here are the minutes:

From the notes of Sadok Sharptongue (minimal circumlocution required):

The Fifth Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave, held within the Temple of the Damned in the Undercity’s Magic Quarter on the twelfth day of the twelfth cycle, at half-past the eighth horn.

Attendance compromised of:

- Sadok Sharptongue (chair)
- Moneyfix Sparks
- Abulos Sunwing
- Siual Greydusk
- Aishling Silversun

Preferatory notes:
  • While waiting for any final members of the Conclave to arrive (few did, incidentally), the subject of conversation inexplicably turned to romance. A goblin tinker, elven magister and orcish arcanist discussing the psychopharmacological effects of a hypothetical ‘sha of love’ sounds more like the preamble to a lewd joke rather than a magical gathering of integrity and seriousness. Quite the shambles.
  • In the period leading up to the Conclave’s commencement, the importance of the Jade Forest front in the Pandaria war was underlined by Sharptongue, who stressed its pre-existing native infrastructure, sea-links and bountiful resources (namely lumber and indigenous warriors).
Discussion:
  • As the session began, formal introductions were not deemed necessary due to the familiarity of each Conclave member to one another.
  • Sharptongue laid out the single important matter that the Conclave might help to address - how the gathered arcanists might together use their magical specialties to aid the Horde in conquering the Jade Forest front. This matter dominated the next horn and a half of discussion.
  • Sunwing first spoke of the prospect of a communicative network utilising scrying stones. He claimed this as an improvement over messengers, due to increased efficiency and reduced chance of being waylaid by Alliance or native threats. He claimed Silvermoon might have the appropriate stones available as soon as a day’s time.
  • The possibility of Alliance magi intercepting the signal was noted, to which Sharptongue suggested the use of an argot code unintelligible to outsiders. The associated vernacular is currently in development, and will be distributed to any appropriate persons versed in the use of the scrying stones.
  • Sharptongue briefly raised the idea of using illusion magic to disguise scouts, sending them into Alliance encampments. The lack of sufficiently-trained illusionists combined with the Alliance’s counter-magic defenses rendered the plan unfeasible, however.
  • The next matter proposed was establishing a short-range portal gateway within the Jade Forest, using a succession of temporary anchors - their benefit might include faster response to enemy incursions, or the ability to bypass enemy garrisons. Its emanations would be detected by the enemy before long, and so defense would prove vital, however.
  • The first difficulty laid in establishing a power source, however. Though Sunwing offered to use an adapted surge-needle device to divert the local ley-lines’ power to the anchors, the area’s unfamiliarity meant there was no knowledge of the location of these ley-lines.
  • Discussing their options, the prospect of asking natives for ley-line locations was dismissed as possibly bringing upon unwanted suspicion. Sunwing claimed the mogu were magically-minded, and though inactive engrams had been seen by Sharptongue the night prior during scouting, they were too hostile to be of use.
  • Finally, an arcanometer was suggested - a mechanimagicological device capable of measuring ambient arcane energies and thereby extrapolating the rough location of ley-lines in the proximity. Though a more exhaustive process, it might hopefully enable the process to be conducted with minimal hostile interference. Sunwing claimed he could acquire an arcanometer within a couple of days.
  • Silversun next made a more incendiary proposition (in multiple senses of the term) patterned on the Scourge acquisition of Stratholme. Speaking of a heavily-fortified barricade, she wished to place an illusory enchantment upon low-yield mana bombs, disguising them as vital supplies and allowing them to be placed within the Alliance encampment until the moment of detonation. While Sunwing and Greydusk objected on ethical grounds, Sharptongue noted that it would breach the terms of war agreed two nights prior.
  • With mana bombs ruled out, alternate explosives were suggested. Normal explosives were deemed not effective enough, but Sharptongue raised the prospect of a force that might drain the energy of their enemy - two mogu relics seized the night prior after a fight with the Alliance. The source and true effects of the relics were unknown, however, and it was agreed that one of the relics might he handed over to the Reliquary for immediate examination.
  • Sunwing claimed he would use his Council position to attempt to fast-track the relics’ examination, after which tense words and expressions were exchanged between him and Silversun. Perhaps more Silvermoon politics this orcish mind cannot understand, or perhaps an elven mating ritual.
  • With no matters remaining, the session was adjourned, but the measures agreed will be followed up in the days to come - the distribution of scrying stones, collection and examination of the relic, and readings made with the arcanometer. It is my private hope that the Conclave proves itself useful in the battles to come - unfortunately, the events of Theramore have turned many fearful or suspicious of the arcane, rather than appreciating its true worth and potential in this war.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 am

*Looks down on his ley-line map of Pandaria*

*Burns it*.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm sorry I couldn't make it after all. The meeting went on late.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:25 pm

The Sixth Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave returns to Quel'thalas on the 16th of January at 20:30! Emanating from the North Sanctum in Eversong Woods, the magi and warlocks of the Horde will once again gather to discuss pressing matters.

Bring your own topics for discussion as ever! Talking points might include:
- Jade Fist Fallout - The battles in the Jade Forest allowed the Conclave to coordinate militarily for the first time, with arcane-based stratagems pursued. Some were successful, others less so - the Conclave will review this and decide the way forward for future campaigns.
- The Kor'kron and You - The Horde is changing, be it for better or for worse. With a dispute over the use of arcane-based bombs in Jade Forest, and the theft of a powerful frostwyrm heart by a Kor'kron-aligned agent, can the arcanist refuse an order to employ unstable, unethical magics? Should he? And to what extent can non-arcanists in the Kor'kron truly understand the magics they wish others to harness? [Disclaimer: The Horde Arcane Conclave unequivocally supports beloved and glorious Warchief Hellscream - in the interest of loyalty, sedition and dissent will be reported to the relevant authorities.]
- The Kirin Tor and the Horde (holdover from Fifth Session) - With tension still rife in Theramore's aftermath, will the Violet City continue its neutrality, or are the Horde on the precipice of making a new, powerful enemy? ((Given the ambiguity around when the 5.1 Dalaran developments will occur ICly, a speculative and uncertain tone is appreciative.))
- Pandaria and the Arcane (holdover from the Fifth Session) - More knowledge of Pandaria and its races emerges by the day. Do the Southlands hold any new developments for arcanists, be they in new magical cultures, prizeless apocrypha or devastating weapons?

Note: Due to a personal SNAFU, I've lost the list of people that get repeat-invited to Conclave events. If you're still missing an invite in a little while, post in this thread with your mage/warlock's name and I'll get you a calendar invite!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:15 am

Hmm.. The Kor'kron and you...

Might want to come by on Delidah and risk losing her head :3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 pm

The Sixth Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave is exactly one week from today! Calendar invites have been sent - if you're missing one, post in this thread with your mage/warlock's name.

Hope to see you there!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I hope to be able to come and represent the interests of the TRUE horde.

On Delidah.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Invite:

Modious, Lether, Siogga, Gerleck & Vurnin, Seezen, Tyver, Elina, Barneby and finally Struensee.

The dead will represent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Invite:

Modious, Lether, Siogga, Gerleck & Vurnin, Seezen, Tyver, Elina, Barneby and finally Struensee.

The dead will represent.

Done and done!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Gracelynn, Schikt, Eztral, Shadowsear. As well, please. Just all our apothecaries/casters in the guild, may as well have them attend to observe you scum :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 am

Private correspondence concerning the Sixth Session:
[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 4 Conclaveletter

Last edited by Sadok on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next