Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

+19
Khrona Lockheart
Ilsinea Fireleaf
Skarain
Xyros
Iriel Silversong
Gesh
Muzjhath
Morgeth
Lexgrad
erwtenpeller
Dolerien
Vaell
Sonitus
Emrys
Xen-tau
Krogon Devilstep
Magaskawee/Anaei
Drustai
Sadok
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 5 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by Xen-tau Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 am

((Was this intercepted? Is it shared or just background information?
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 5 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 am

Good times.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am

Aishling wrote:((Was this intercepted? Is it shared or just background information?

((Background information and a slight OOC teaser for a minor change to tomorrow's arrangements. Apologies for not giving the context.))
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 am

((Ah, okay! About Dalaran and the Horde, perhaps it is wise to postpone that to the next meeting! You're in Silvermoon/Quel'thalas, I don't think it's wise to stay speculative on what's happening in Dalaran in Quel'thalas. Because Silvermoon should either have Sunreavers walking about or not. And since the Sunreavers were surprised by the attack, it "happened" right away. There were no tensions, just a Jaina going mental... I think it's wise that we either decide it did (not) happen yet, or that we completely skip the topic.))
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 am

(( Delidah will be there to represent the interests of the Kor'kron and general things-that-go-boom. ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 pm

This is tonight! North Sanctum at Eversong Woods at 2030 - in keeping with the theme, mages and warlocks only, please.

For IC reasons, Sadok will not attend - I will be coming along on Voza however, to fill a temporary chair/Kor'kron overseer role for the night. Given Sadok's exile, it is my hope tonight to find someone willing to take on the IC (and crucially, OOC) position and responsibilities of Conclave chair. If nobody is willing, Voza will take the Conclave to a new era of darkness and cruelty, but that's an absolute last case scenario - I personally detest the idea of hot-shotting a position from one of my characters to another (especially one that's "new" to the Conclave).

Bring your own topics and speaking points to the table as ever! Likely speaking points are listed on the front page, but the Eversong plague is likely something that will also come up, be it in simple exposition or working on a magical solution to curing and prevention in cooperation with local guilds and people.

Aishling wrote:((Ah, okay! About Dalaran and the Horde, perhaps it is wise to postpone that to the next meeting! You're in Silvermoon/Quel'thalas, I don't think it's wise to stay speculative on what's happening in Dalaran in Quel'thalas. Because Silvermoon should either have Sunreavers walking about or not. And since the Sunreavers were surprised by the attack, it "happened" right away. There were no tensions, just a Jaina going mental... I think it's wise that we either decide it did (not) happen yet, or that we completely skip the topic.))
I'm not too familiar with Silvermoon RP myself, but I've seen at least one elf talk about the Sunreaver attack already. I won't specifically push the topic, but if it comes up, the disclaimer to be less than certain was to prevent something like:
Mage A: "Dalaran has kicked the Sindorei out! It has allied with the Alliance!"
Mage B: "What? I don't believe you!"
Mage A: "Fool! Everybody knows! It happened weeks ago!"

I know we had a similar point of contention over pandaren and Pandaria itself a couple of months back.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Delidah will not be able to make it. She got killed.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:05 pm

<.<
>.>
Where have all the Kor'kron gone and where are all the orcs?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:<.<
>.>

I read that to the tune of the first two lines of I Need A Hero. Pretty please tell me that was intentional.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Is it a good idea to have the Conclave in Eversong right now, what with the plague?

And sorry, I can't make it Sad Working.
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Sadok wrote:
Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:<.<
>.>

I read that to the tune of the first two lines of I Need A Hero. Pretty please tell me that was intentional.

Ofcourse it was intentional.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:43 pm

The Sixth Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave has come and gone!

I'd like to thank everyone that attended, but especially Solanum, who filled in as temporary Chair of the Conclave after Voza's true nature began to show itself. He did an admirable job, and discussion largely centred on the Eversong Plague and the Kor'kron.

Voza's Report (a slightly different take on session minutes) will be posted here in a day or two - he'll have trouble remembering things after his first copy of notes were taken! Smile
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Solanum Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 pm

I regret not having read the agenda for the event, and thus not being aware IC what the points of discussion were to be.

I did enjoy the roleplay though, and am looking forward to the next meeting, though I am uncertain if I will make my appearance on Solanum considering recent events.

I'm looking forward to the report!
Solanum
Solanum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Official Kor'kron correspondence written on the back of another letter to... conserve paper supplies. Definitely not because blank paper couldn't be found. No sir.

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 5 Vozareportcopy

Voza’s Official Report for the Attention of Legionnaire Grimgash, concerning the Arcane Conclave - the Sixteenth Day of the First Month, Quel’thalas.

In attendance:
Voza (Kor’kron Overseer), Izaa, Moneyfix, Vurnin, Eztral, Solanum (Session Chair), Crothu, Siual, Gromgeth, Aishling, Kristeas (called in during the session by Chair).

Discussion:
  • Voza first asked the names and affiliations of all in attendance. This was so that they might get to know one another better, and assuredly not so that their names would be forwarded to Orgrimmar and logged on a private registry of suspected dissidents. Some were uneasy, but all in attendance gave their (presumably real) names.
  • Voza stated that he had been sent to oversee the Conclave, and that all were accountable to Hellscream. With temerity, Moneyfix was quick to note that the Kor’kron hold no power or position in the Conclave, drawing murmurs of agreement. Siual stated that the founding principles of the Conclave made it a strictly magical and apolitical organisation, and Solanum said that he had come to speak with fellow arcanists, not heed the commands of the ‘hairless ape’. Voza despairs that Hellscream should be insulted so.
  • Moneyfix claimed that even if the Kor’kron had power, Sharptongue (not in attendance) remained Chair. Voza stated that an Enemy of the Horde cannot be Chair, and both orcs agreed with him. Solanum asked how many truly believe Sharptongue to be disloyal to the Horde, but Voza noted that opinion was irrelevant - if the Kor’kron say he is a traitor, a traitor he is.
  • A substitute chair had to be selected. Voza humbly and graciously volunteered himself, claiming he would show the others how to be Horde - this was met with a less than favorable response. Siual suggested Solanum, and while Aishling noted he had his hands full already, Solanum was willing to chair this meeting, and see what lay ahead for future sessions.
  • Solanum asked if any had magical matters they would speak of. Voza inquired as to the Eversong Plague, and the possibility of using magic in its treatment and prevention. Solanum noted that fire was effective against the Plague. This drew mixed reactions, as the orcs relished the prospect of incineration, Vurnin and Siual noted the prospect of the fire raging out of control, and Aishling queried whether fire would make the Plague airborne.
  • Siual next noted research done by Magister Abulos, concerning utilising the energy of the Sunwell in conjunction with runestones and Arcane Sanctums to contain the Plague. He claimed Kristeas Sunbinder would know more, and the elf was indeed outside - he was summoned inside by Solanum (figuratively rather than literally). Sunbinder discussed the plan, noting that the fusion of arcane and divine magics in the Sunwell would weaken the affliction.
  • Kristeas noted that while there was no cure, it would be only a matter of time until one was found. Crothu asked how many had contracted the Plague, and Sunbinder answered three. He said there had been no deaths thus far, and no reports of reanimated wildlife.
  • Solanum was concerned as to the likelihood of more attacks, but Aishling noted such a topic would be better suited to the Horde Gathering. The origin of the Plague was briefly discussed, as some believed it to be stolen from the Forsaken, and others noting the possibility of a direct Forsaken attack. Crothu noted it could have been a natural occurrence, which provoked outrage from incredulous elves.
  • Solanum inquired if any had suggestions as to prevent further attacks. Voza suggested scrying orbs mounted upon buildings, which largely fell on deaf ears; Solanum then himself proposed mana barriers around infected areas, similar to Dalaran’s containment sphere. Voza noted such a barrier would need a strong power source to be sustained for long durations, and Siual raised the prospect of siphoning energies from the Sunwell for such a task.
  • Beginning to move to final matters, Solanum asked whether there was a method to contact Sharptongue. Gromgeth claimed he could contact him, but would not reveal how - this provoked curiosity and mild suspicion from some (especially me). Voza snarled that there would be contact with honorless traitors and enemies of the Horde - Eztral remarked that under Hellscream’s rule, everyone would be an enemy of the Horde before long. Gromgeth nonetheless promised he would speak to Sharptongue.
  • The location for the next Conclave was next raised. Voza was keen to advocate Orgrimmar, ‘safest place in de Horde’. Siual proposed Thunder Bluff to escape the Warchief’s immediate influence, and Gromgeth lambasted him for behaving as though Hellscream was an enemy. Solanum nonetheless stated the Conclave would next head to Orgrimmar, as a show of loyalty to Hellscream.
  • With matters concluded, Voza thanked the Conclave for airing their thoughts so clearly for him. Eztral asked why the troll ‘lapdog, taking key and note’ was permitted, but Aishling claimed the guards of the Warchief were always welcome. Solanum asked to look at the notes Voza had been taking all the while - Voza tried to leave quickly, but was stopped by Aishling and threatened by Siual and Eztral. Trapped within the Sanctum, he surrendered his notes and left angrily - these listed his threat assessment evaluation, as detailed below... after having to write it again.

Threat assessment evaluation:
Voza (me!): Most loyal and respectful friend of Hellscream and Kor’kron there ever was.
Izaa: Hurts Voza’s feelings with taunts.
Moneyfix: Anti-Kor’kron anarchist with no respect for authority.
Vurnin: Hesitant about giving name. What does he have to hide?
Eztral: Repeatedly speaks in deadmon tongue. Open criticism of Warchief.
Solanum: Disdain for Warchief. Wishes to contact an enemy of the Horde.
Crothu: Self-proclaimed Hellscream loyalist. Trustworthy.
Siual: Limp-wristed idealist.
Gromgeth: General pro-Kor’kron sentiment, but seems to have contacts with known enemies of the Horde. Very suspicious.
Aishling: Said little either for or against Hellscream, but forcibly prevented Voza from leaving! Dissident.
Kristeas: Largely neutral. Typical politician.

Conclusion:
This so-called Arcane Conclave is filled with dissidents and anarchists with no respect for Kor’kron or Warchief, and the worst of these are the most influential. Moneyfix, Solanum and Siual in particular are to be considered legitimate threats, and Gromgeth’s disturbing links to traitors should be further investigated. Voza or Crothu should be forcibly installed as Chair to set a good example, and organisation should be militarized to serve the Warchief.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Until a new Chair is elected by popular vote, all future sessions of the Horde Arcane Conclave will be chaired by the Thalassian Councillor of Knowledge, Abulos Sunwing. The Seventh Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave will take place upon the 17th of February at 2030. Once more, the Conclave will return to Quel’thalas, this time at the Farstrider Retreat in Eversong, where the eminent mages and warlocks of the Horde will be discussing pressing magical matters.

Agenda:
1)Election of a new Chair: A vote will be called to elect a new Chair of the Conclave after the demise of the traitor Sharptongue. The Chair will be recognised by popular vote, and take control of the Conclave’s agenda at the next session.

2)The Dalaran Situation: With the Sunreavers adding their strength to the magi of Silvermoon, and the Kirin Tor seemingly bowing to Stormwind, what does this bode for the future?

3)The Eversong Plague: Now under control, the culprits must be hunted down and defeated. Does the Conclave have any suggestions on how best to do this?

4)Open Forum: Any other matters that need to be discussed immediately.

For the Horde!

((I'll invite everyone who has been at the meetings, but if I miss you, pm me for an invite. ))
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:59 pm

I have a mage again, so I'll definitely be there.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Are you sure the Kor'kron won't object to that? The Kork-troll seemed like the kind of person that really wanted it in Orgrimmar this time around.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Orgrimmar is also fun!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5