Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

+19
Khrona Lockheart
Ilsinea Fireleaf
Skarain
Xyros
Iriel Silversong
Gesh
Muzjhath
Morgeth
Lexgrad
erwtenpeller
Dolerien
Vaell
Sonitus
Emrys
Xen-tau
Krogon Devilstep
Magaskawee/Anaei
Drustai
Sadok
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 2 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Ethalira sunspark the best conjure in Azeroth... *cough* the Conjurer Arch magi of the Kirin Tor , won't be able to make it either ( I'm out till End of August)
I mean The Frost Witch Morningray won't make it
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 2 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by Sadok Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:02 pm

This is one week from now!

As a reminder, it will be held in the Undercity's Magic Quarter (more specifically inside the Temple of the Damned) on the 22nd of August at 20:30.

Currently scheduled talking points are an Update on the Conclave's relations with the Kirin Tor, and a discussion on ways in which the arcane can be weaponised to aid the Horde war effort. And don't forget to bring your own talking points to the Conclave - things are intended to be free-flowing and lively.

If you require a calendar invite, contact Sadok/Marzek ingame, reply to this post (along with the character you require the invite on), or PM me.

For the eldritch arts! For the Horde!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:31 pm

I would love an invite for "Delidah" and "Zombini". Not sure on which character I will show up. Most likely Delidah.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyros Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 am

I would love to come to this second event as well!

Xyros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Xyros wrote:I would love to come to this second event as well!

Good to hear, Xyros!

The Horde Arcane Conclave is tonight at 2030 - held in the Temple of the Damned in the Undercity's Magic Quarter.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Have fun, you red side of the coin.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Jahzeem (Zombini) will be there, and bring any free members of the Shatterskull Marauders' Circle regiment.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:37 pm

The Second Session of the Conclave has come and gone! Thanks to everyone who turned up and participated.

The Third Session will be held in Silvermoon on Wednesday 12th September at 2030 - the exact meeting place, along with the minutes from the Second Session, will be posted in this thread in a day or two once I've gotten my act together!

Until then, here's a screenshot of tonight's proceedings:
[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 2 Conclavetwo
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Let our message be heard! Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Looks like a great turn-up! Is anyone able to cast spells welcome now by the way? As I spot a few pallies there as well. Very Happy Would love to add a little bit of divine influence... and sniff out all those wonderful different kinds of magic. Hmm.
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Emrys wrote:Looks like a great turn-up! Is anyone able to cast spells welcome now by the way? As I spot a few pallies there as well. Very Happy Would love to add a little bit of divine influence... and sniff out all those wonderful different kinds of magic. Hmm.

The intent and composition of the Conclave remains arcane-focused. Indeed, the only non-mage/warlocks there were the Shatterskull delegation (there to deliver a warning rather than participate in the typical business of the Arcane Conclave) and Kristeas, who has a background in arcane theory and philosophy - he was there to contribute to the arcane discourse rather than present an alternate divine discourse.

I don't mean to sound exclusive, restrictive or anything such, but for the Arcane Conclave to retain its thematic purpose and not get watered down, non-arcanists will remain the vast exception rather than the rule. It is after all an 'Arcane' Conclave and I intend to remain close to that vision.

Hopefully that seems reasonable, at least.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Perfectly reasonable ^^ I will probably bring my warlock again next time then, when I do not have a splitting headache! Or reform my mage into a somewhat more geeky, booksmarts kind of lady. Just wanted to inform on what was allowed.
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm

It's called the "Arcane Conclave", not the "Magicians Bazaar" or something.

Although now I do want a "Magicians Bazaar". It sounds like fun. >_>
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Don't worry, a proper arcanist will be brought!

I'm thinking of this character concept of having a more D&D like wizard that studies a lot and can conjure up awesome spells as long as she has a book for it (I also was never able to get the hang of mage pvp so I would be somewhat reluctant to make a sorcerer that can fling spells with ease @.@ ) may take that into development and bring such a char next time. ^^
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:42 am

I made it for 5 minutes on Malzar (Shadow Mage) but I was too busy tonight to be able to stay for any moderate amount of time, which sucks! Looked great, though. Keep it up!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyros Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:35 am

It was an interesting event and I am looking foward to the future sessions, and different new RPevents this might lead to!

Xyros

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Had a lot of fun, of course. Nice to see people chatting away and enjoying themselves. The random nelf dying was also a fine addition!
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilsinea Fireleaf Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:02 pm

There already has been a bigger turn-up the second time then the first time, so that's a good sign.

By the next meeting we'll probably discuss some Pandaria related subjects.
Ilsinea Fireleaf
Ilsinea Fireleaf

Character sheet
Name: Ilsinea Fireleaf
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello there!

The thread's opening post is updated with details of the Third Session, to be held in Silvermoon on the 12th of September. I've also compiled minutes from the Second Session below. Enjoy!

From the hastily-scribbled notes of Sadok Sharptongue (personal note: coerce Apprentice Gorta into attending Third Session to spare oneself the irksome binary duties of minute-taking and chairing the incessant rabble Enclave):

The Second Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave, held in the Magic Quarter of the Undercity on the twenty-second day of the eighth cycle at half-past the eighth horn.

Attendance comprised of:

- Sadok Sharptongue (chair)
- Arryn Karloke Goldhawke
- Ilsinea Fireleaf
- Xavier Silverblood
- Tya
- Lin’ith Veil
- Gregorias
- Mathrodar Blacksling
- Kristeas Sunbinder
- Moneyfix Sparks
- Solanum Devilsgrave
- Morgeth Feralheart
- Six non-arcanists of the Shatterskull warband (led by Zombini and Hikka Redeye)

There were also three late arrivals:
- Unidentified Sindorei female wearing Kirin Tor colors
- Unidentified Ssssssssindorei female with a sssssssserpentine drawl (possible relation of Rasonal Dranger)
- Feltrand Ravensun

Discussion:

• Before the Conclave officially began, several non-arcanists of the Shatterskull Marauders made their presence known, wishing to communicate a warning pertinent to the Conclave. Redeye translated following Zombini’s inarticulate attempts at something resembling orcish: she warned of a dangerous individual known as Illisara, who had targeted both the Shatterskull caster regiment and various magic-users in Silvermoon.
  • It was explained that Illisara’s organisation ‘The Ashen Ascendency’ had hired members of ‘The Sixty Thieves’ to aid her in her goals - her motive was unknown, but she remained highly dangerous in spite (or because) of this. Feralheart claimed this Illisara had previously assailed her, and brusquely proposed ripping her spirit from her rectum. Redeye claimed that the Shatterskulls possessed a supposed list of possible victims that might find themselves targeted by the Ashen Ascendency - those affected would be notified discreetly at an unspecified later time.
  • With that said, the Enclave began in earnest. Noting the plethoric quantity of unfamiliar faces, Sharptongue asked the various members of the Conclave to introduce themselves, stating name, affiliation and arcane specialties. After initial confusion over the advanced concept of introductions proceeding counter-clockwise, this was done.
  • Sharptongue enquired as to whether any progress had been made in regards to the prior session’s intent to contact the Kirin Tor. Fireleaf revealed her efforts had yielded ‘no mutual interest’ - Sparks voiced his outrage at such a statement. Tya claimed Dalaran would remain stubbornly neutral unless faced with a direct threat. Veil agreed, claiming recent belligerence under Hellscream may have left the Kirin Tor less eager to partner with the Horde - she then suggested directly contacting the city’s Sunreaver faction. Considering Dalaran’s vast resources, a second attempt at forming a working relationship was agreed upon. Silverblood would communicate with a former mentor affiliated with the Sunreavers, whilst Sparks would use his contacts in the Dalaran High Tinker Council.
  • Gregorias spoke next. He offered the Vaults of Undercity as a place to store various artifacts and magical items. Sparks queried whether he could rent ten square miles to Gregoria’s surprise - he clarified that this was for particular items alone rather than mass storage. An unidentified elf (wearing the colors of the Kirin Tor) made the same offer on behalf of House Lightrunner, but Gregorias was insistent the vaults were superior.
  • A ssssssecond unidentified elven female wished to sssssspeak. Enunciating with a peculiar drawl, she sssssspoke at great length without ssssssaying much of ssssssubstance. Devilssssssgrave and Sssssssilverblood urged her to get to the point - ssssssshe explained that ‘the College’ could assssssssist in contacting the Sssssssunreavers, and it was agreed that ssssssshe would ssssssspeak to Ssssssilverblood following the ssssesssssssion to further dissssscussssss thissssss.
  • Silverblood had a statement of his own concerning the relationship between the Magisterium and other arcanists of the Horde - he offered their assistance but the implicit understanding that this cooperation would be returned in kind. Sparks also offered the aid of the Tinker Houses.
  • A rather-late male Sindorei next wished to speak. Introducing himself as Feltrand Ravensun, he claimed to be excited to see so many of a ‘non-magical nature’ gathered. Sharptongue queried him on this remark - he clarified that he spoke of the Shatterskulls. Sparks and Ravensun then began to argue about the others’ respective knowledge of magic, but Sharptongue asked that they resolve their differences following the meeting rather than bickering during it.
  • Sharptongue next queried the location for the Third Session - Fireleaf suggested Silvermoon, which won a consensus. Afterwards, Ravesun offered use of Dalaran, but questions were raised to his status in the Violet City, especially in relation to the previously-discussed stalled negotiation with the Kirin Tor. Sharptongue then announced that the Third Session would take place in Silvermoon on the twelfth of the ninth cycle.
  • Zombini of the Shatterskulls wished to speak once more after the Conclave had adjourned - he asked for any questions concerning Illisara. Sunbinder claimed a representative of the Ashen Ascendancy had spoken at the last Silvermoon Council, and Zombini said he would discuss this privately afterwards. Devilsgrave queried whether the Horde were being exclusively targeted - Zombini was uncertain but claimed that his warband would not assist Alliance victims.
  • There were no further matters.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 am

Again, a great recap!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm

As a reminder, the Third Session will take place one week from now at 2030 on the 12th of September, and will be held within the Hall of Respite in Silvermoon's Royal Exchange district.

I strongly encourage any attending to bring their own issues/questions/speaking points to the Conclave. Topics that will likely arise include:
- An update on the Conclave's relations with the Kirin Tor/Sunreavers.
- The newly-arrived pandaren, their relation to the Horde and to the arcane, and their potential inclusion in the Conclave.
- The arcane and fel's place in the Horde war effort.

If you require a calendar invitation and do not yet have one, contact Sadok/Marzek ingame, send me a PM or post in this thread with your mage/warlock's name.

Blood and Thunder!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm

I believe Delidah already has an invite, and I look forward to introducing her to the conclave!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Damn, another one I'll miss. Sad I did enjoy the first one, and hope to finally see you again at the fourth.
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Should we be discussion Garrosh' stance on warlockery and magic?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:10 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Should we be discussion Garrosh' stance on warlockery and magic?

It's bound to come up, and it's certainly worth discussion.

Speaking of which, this is tonight. 2030 at the Hall of Respite within Silvermoon's Royal Exchange district. Bring your magi and warlocks, and let's have marvelous adventures! Or at least discuss the marvelous adventures to come. Smile
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next