Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

+19
Khrona Lockheart
Ilsinea Fireleaf
Skarain
Xyros
Iriel Silversong
Gesh
Muzjhath
Morgeth
Lexgrad
erwtenpeller
Dolerien
Vaell
Sonitus
Emrys
Xen-tau
Krogon Devilstep
Magaskawee/Anaei
Drustai
Sadok
23 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 3 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:33 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Should we be discussion Garrosh' stance on warlockery and magic?

*lets out a kor'kron cough* You may discuss the graciousness and glory of the warchief's decision! I will FINALLY be attending an Arcane Conclave tonight. I look forward to it!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

[H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30 - Page 3 Empty Re: [H] Arcane Conclave - Sixth Session 16th January 20:30

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:41 am

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:Should we be discussion Garrosh' stance on warlockery and magic?

*lets out a kor'kron cough* You may discuss the graciousness and glory of the warchief's decision!
Oh, yes. Delidah is very excited about it all Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Lot of discussion going on on this meeting, and I got to try out my new character Mayaine Very Happy Thank you for hosting this once again Sadok!
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:20 am

Man, I was so tired and busy during the meeting... which was why I retreated early. I did have fun, but it was very... VERY... hectic. ^^"
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:13 pm

What comes of allowing Orcs in really Aishling :p
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:16 pm

It was mostly the gobs I think, and especially Delidah's warmongering Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Lexgrad wrote:What comes of allowing Orcs in really Aishling :p

It was an orc running things, actually!

Whatever the case, this particular session of the Conclave certainly had some spirited discussion, occasionally verging on mean-spirited, but I think everything held together rather nicely by the end of things.

As ever, the minutes from the Third Session will be available in a day or two once I've put my notes in order, as will details of the Fourth Session, which may take place a week or two later than usual due to some personal commitments - it'll certainly be held by the end of October at the very latest.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:45 pm

After a slight delay, here are the minutes from the chaotic Third Session. I will have details of the Fourth Session in a few days - I'm currently brainstorming ways to handle the Conclave's ever-increasing popularity and high numbers (just compare attendance between the first and third sessions), along with keeping discussion free-flowing but civil.

From the hastily-scribbled notes of Sadok Sharptongue (a lone island of judicious acumen in a vast sea of empyreumatic iniquity):

The Third Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave, held within the Hall of Respite in Silvermoon City on the twelfth day of the ninth cycle, at half-past the eighth horn.

Attendance comprised of:
- Sadok Sharptongue (chair)
- Gregorias
- Ralanthus Acarian Litussis
- Warano Lightslash
- Sylvaelynn Sin’talah
- Nathaira (unidentified serpentine elf from the Second Session)
- Feltrand S. Ravensun
- Ilsinea Fireleaf
- Crothu
- Moneyfix Sparks
- Mayaine Solarflare
- Aishling Silversun
- Narcissa Carrow
- Delidah Fizzlecrack
- Shayla Bloodsin
- Izaa Scorchwench
- Frizleproket
- Whizzpopp Crackpan
- Morgeth Feralheart
- Kristeas Sunbinder
- Tya
- Unidentified vagrant (elf female)

Discussion:

• Personal note: the complexion of the Conclave is changing. Whilst a large number of elves at the Silvermoon session is no doubt expected, the number of orcs has slowly decreased as the number of goblins (short greenskins with correspondingly-short tempers) has increased. My first hypothesis was that said orcish arcanists had shrunk in the wash, but that was proven untrue. I must remember to investigate further at a later point.
  • The first matter raised was one of continuity. Sharptongue inquired as to any further progress in the Conclave’s ongoing diplomatic relations with the Sunreavers, and through them, the Kirin Tor. Unfortunately, neither of the selected envoys (Devilsgrave and Silverblood) were present. Solarflare claimed she would seek an update from Devilsgrave in between sessions.
  • Silversun spoke next. A number of requests had been made to access Silvermoon’s arcane libraries - whilst this would usually be innocuous, several describing themselves as ‘pandaren’ had been amongst the requests. She asked what should be done about these requests, unfamiliar with the race and not wishing to risk the safety of “Quel’tha-- the Horde” (shrewdly played, elf).
  • Gregorias was quick to claim that these ‘pandaren’ were members of the Horde, but others had heard word that they fraternized with the Alliance. Reactions were plainly mixed: Crackpan and Sparks saw no issue, claiming research was research no matter who or what they were; Solarflare wished to sate her curiosity by dissecting one; Nathaira recommended cautioussssssnessssss; others were confused by what exactly a ‘pandaren’ was.
  • As Silversun continued to ask guidance, others were plainly not interested by the matter at hand, voicing their apathy brusquely - Fizzlecrack wished to change topic, and Crackpan suggested holding her own Conclave (with a buffet), and Gregorias claimed it was a political matter rather than one concerning the Conclave.
  • Sharptongue quickly asked those gathered to be to be patient, keep to one matter at a time and allow Silversun closure on her matter. In the end, it was to decided to seek clarification with authorities in Orgrimmar as to the status of pandaren, and what their rights and privileges should be in regards to access of arcane resources.
  • The matter concluded, Fizzlecrack spoke next. She read from arcane-oriented propaganda encouraging magi and warlocks to enlist in the war-machine, promising them newfound freedoms. Many applauded the edict, lauding Hellscream and the coming times of war; others remained silent and dour. Carrow, a vocal dissenter, claimed Thrall’s ideals were being slowly eroded.
  • At this point, Bloodsin and Silversun left, the latter having been requested elsewhere. A few others quietly left shortly thereafter, possibly as a result of the Kor’kron edict (or perhaps just boredom).
  • Nathaira next ssssssspoke, describing discriminatory laws affecting warlocks and magi alike. She demanded that Silvermoon review these laws. The reaction was not sympathetic however, with several telling her to propose these reforms in the political arena rather than the Conclave, and others claiming there was no discrimination of magi in Silvermoon. Sharptongue agreed with the consensus, stating the Conclave neither could nor would attempt to interfere with Silvermoon’s governance, and that the matter would best be raised at the next Silvermoon Council.
  • Sharptongue returned to the call to arms, enquiring how arcanists might aid the war effort in particular. Crothu simply suggested immolating the enemy, whilst Fizzlecrack proposed combining exothermic explosives with magic - Sparks and Ravensun claimed such incendiaries were basic, and that arcanists should consider more advanced techniques. Indeed, Ravensun suggested abjurational shells on front-lines and Solarflare described using teleportation magics to move armies and fleets.
  • As ever, the problem was a matter of imagination versus logistics, especially where translocation and portals were concerned. Another issue was arcanists amongst the enemy - Ravensun claimed the Kaldorei might easily decrypt a proposed ley-based communication network. Sunbinder countered that the night elves’ arcane knowledge was several millenia outdated, but Gregorias claimed there was no way to be sure of that.
  • Sharptongue went on to propose the use of illusion cantrips for reconnaissance and espionage, with the end-goal of allowing an entire army to pass into an enemy city undetected until the time of attack. Solarflare and Crackpan noted that masking scents would be an issue, especially where tracking hounds and Gilnean lycanthropes were concerned - Crackpan suggested rolling in dung for the authentic human smell. Finally, Sharptongue suggested that the Conclave might further hypothesize and research ingenious arcane warfare by the time the fourth session came.
  • Finally, Gregorias requested aid with his ongoing research against the Ashen Ascendancy. He wished blood samples from the Conclave to analyze common traits and find out why the mage-hunters were targeting certain arcanists. Litussis was skeptical, requesting the testing apparatus’ blueprints, or at least to peruse his notes, but Gregorias could not produce them. Feeling Gregorias’ request either disingenuous or futile, very few gave samples.
  • There were no further matters.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:33 pm

You guys seemed to have great fun. I am myself left pondering if i should still continue hold the Arcane Conclaves on Alliance. First meeting was lot of interest, after that it kinda faded. Maybe in MoP, maybe, maybe...
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Skarain wrote:You guys seemed to have great fun. I am myself left pondering if i should still continue hold the Arcane Conclaves on Alliance. First meeting was lot of interest, after that it kinda faded. Maybe in MoP, maybe, maybe...

A shame to hear that - the Alliance magic community always seemed to be a lot of fun, and I certainly appreciate all the hard work you've put in thus far. As you say, hopefully attendance picks up for MoP.

After some deliberation myself, I have updated the original post with details of the Fourth Session, to be held within the Hall of the Brave in Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor on the 24th of October! That's right, the Cleft of Shadow can no longer contain the awesomeness that is the Horde Arcane Conclave!

Hope to see you all there when the date rolls around!

Last edited by Sadok on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:33 pm

I will do my best to attend on the genious Delidah. Perhaps this time I'll have time for her to present her geno-magical research Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:58 pm

The MoP level rush has mostly subsided, and so it's time to get back into the swing of things.

In one week's time, the Horde Arcane Conclave returns to Orgrimmar, this time to be held within the uppermost chamber of the Hall of the Brave within the Valley of Honor!

All Horde-aligned magi and warlocks are invited to attend. You are welcome to bring any matters of your own to the Conclave's attention, and speaking points will likely include (time permitting):

• Chair of the Conclave: Motion of Confidence - Returning to Orgrimmar for the first time since the First Session, the position of chair is up for claims. Will Sadok receive another motion of confidence, or will he be challenged by a hungry new contender? The challenger will choose whether to contest along the lines of popular vote or honor-duel. ((In the name of democracy, anyone can choose to challenge Sadok for chair of the Conclave - if you are successful, you take all IC and OOC responsibilities associated with the position.))
  • The Ethics of Arcane Warfare - The mana bomb deployed at Theramore has set a dangerous new precedent. Is the mana bomb too far or only the beginning? What should the role of magic be within future military operations? And should arcanists personally place limits upon their powers or stretch their imagination to the limit in search of further ways to weaponise the arcane?
  • Update on Sunreaver relations (delayed from Third Session) - In light of their role at Theramore and the changes within the Kirin Tor, should prove rather interesting.
  • Pandaren and the Arcane - In the past weeks, the Houjin Pandaren have become an increasingly familiar sight within the Horde. Will the Conclave see its first pandaren arcanists, and how does pandaren understanding of magic differ from the other peoples within the Conclave?
  • And more!

Anyone without a calendar invite for the Fourth Session on the 24th of October should contact Sadok/Marzek ingame, send me a PM or post in this thread with the name of their relevant character.

Hope to see you all there!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 pm

You know where to send my invite :3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:34 am

This is tonight! 20:30 realm-time at the war-room atop the Hall of the Brave in Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor.

Come on down and we'll have a merry old time!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 am

Yay!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Had a blast! The low attendance actually made it more enjoyable for me, we could actually have some conversations. Good stuf!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Had a blast! The low attendance actually made it more enjoyable for me, we could actually have some conversations. Good stuf!

Good to hear! For the next Session I shall take further pains to curb attendance, including but not limited to: not telling anyone where it will be held; announcing the event ten minutes after it concludes; and restricting attendance to female dwarf warlocks only.

I kid, of course! The Conclave indeed seemed to have better, more satisfying discussion with a few less in attendance, despite some of the assorted hullabaloo!

Minutes from the Fourth Session will be up in a day or two as ever.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khrona Lockheart Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:26 pm

I was quite pleasantly surprised to find you RPing in the Hall of the Brave where the Kor'kron Vanguard usually do xD, I was always told "Theres no RP in Orgrimmar" But I always find so much there!

I would have stayed and attended, but I don't have any alts, just Khrona xD and he is no mage, but nor is he religious.. forever in limbo x____x

I love Defias Brotherhood <3
Khrona Lockheart
Khrona Lockheart

Character sheet
Name: Khrona Lockheart
Title: Master

http://Blood-Aegis.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Minutes from last week's Fourth Session follow!

From the well-maintained, cogently-articulated affichage of Sadok Sharptongue (a bastion of astucious sagaciousness plunged into an amaranthine chasm of inane imbecility):

The Fourth Session of the Horde Arcane Conclave, held within the Hall of the Brave in Orgrimmar on the twenty-fourth day of the tenth cycle, at half-past the eight horn.

Attendance comprised of:
- Sadok Sharptongue (chair)
- Crothu
- Delidah Fizzlecrack
- Chrysojin
- Eedor
- Tamika
- Moneyfix Sparks
- Abulos Sunwing
- Solanum Devilsgrave
- Ilsinea Fireleaf
- A number of non-arcanists (malcontentment to follow)

Preferatory Notes:

• While preparing the room for the Conclave, Sharptongue was halted by several members of the Kor’kron and instructed to vacate the premises, which they laid claim to. After seeking out and discussing the matter with one Khrona, a compromise was reached that would allow the Conclave to meet that evening with no further harassment. (Disgruntled aside: perhaps the Kor’kron should remember that in a post-Theramore world, the arcane may be the answer to the Horde securing victory in the war. Allowing the Conclave undisturbed time and space to discuss matters is therefore imperative.)
  • When the gathered arcanists began to introduce themselves, the one known as Tamika claimed to belong to the Ashen Ascendancy, a renegade mage-hunting organisation the Conclave have previously been warned of. After initial shock and anger, Tamika clarified that she was from the Ashen Ascendancy, an identically-named but otherwise unrelated splinter group. I have therefore personally concluded that the Ashen Ascendancy should seek a change of name to avoid confusion with the Ashen Ascendancy.

Discussion:

• The first matter raised was one of continuity, from the Second Session (delayed at the Third Session). Neither of the selected envoys to the Kirin Tor (Silverblood and the ‘snakelady’) were in attendance, but Devilsgrave had heard that progress was lacking. Sparks described a stir amongst the Kirin Tor as of late - Jaina Proudmoore’s return to Dalaran, and the rumored death of the Kirin Tor’s leader at Theramore, had served to whip the Violet City into a fervent disdain for the Sunreavers and the Horde in general. With the Conclave’s chance of establishing a diplomatic relationship with Dalaran in heavy doubt, it was decided to discontinue further attempts to contact the Kirin Tor - the Horde would have to rely on its own resources alone.
  • The discussion continued further. Tamika made an inflammatory remark that Theramore was ‘somewhat neutral’ and thus never a ‘real’ enemy for the Horde. Devilsgrave expressed disbelief at the notion, and Sparks stated the Alliance were using Theramore’s harbors to invade the Southern Barrens. Tamika nonetheless claimed that the victory at Theramore had resulted in making an enemy of Dalaran - Chrysojin claimed that such was but speculation, and that none could know how the Kirin Tor will act. Tamika went on to accuse Hellscream of conspiring to murder Rhonin, and called him a ‘fool’. Sharptongue cautioned Tamika against accusing the Warchief of foolishness within Orgrimmar’s walls - she issued a short apology.
  • The second issue was somewhat related. Sharptongue opened a discussion on whether the mana bomb used at Theramore was the future of arcane warfare, or whether it was a step too far. While Fizzlecrack enthusiastically praised the mana bomb, Devilsgrave termed it a ‘horrible abuse of our art’, especially when at the command of bloodthirsty generals. Sharptongue noted that the deployment of the bomb had saved lives, by shortening the battle and through future psychological warfare.
  • A tauren non-arcanist interjected (one who had clearly not grasped the basic concept of an Arcane Conclave) that the Theramore bomb was rumored to have used a powerful focusing iris, one now in the hands of the Kirin Tor.
  • Then high drama occured: Tamika expressed disdain that one of the non-arcanists who had chosen to stand in the back (for some inexplicable reason) was pointing an arrow at her. Sharptongue asked the non-arcanist, a Shatterskull troll called Redeye, to put the weapon away or leave - the troll would not relent, claiming that Sharptongue held no authority over her. Sharptongue then appealed to the troll’s superior, Chrysojin, claiming it was a grievous enough offense to tolerate the presence of non-arcanists at the Conclave - for them to disrupt proceedings with violence was entirely unacceptable. Chrysojin ordered Redye to put away the bow - this was done begrudgingly.
  • The discussion continuing, Sunwing remarked that it may be impossible to create another bomb of such power. Fizzlecrack claimed to be conducting experiments to duplicate the bomb’s effect, and asked whether the Conclave would like a demonstration. For the sake of Orgrimmar not becoming a smoldering crater, she was however advised not to.
  • The next matter was raised by Devilsgrave - he asked for a capable scryer, and claimed it was time to engineer a strategy against the Ashen Ascendancy. With Tamika present, however, Chrysojin questioned the merits of such discussion. Tamika claimed Silvermoon had found her innocent, but Redeye spoke of Silvermoon ‘suckin’ so hard dem own yeast-infected cocks’ (a brusque remark to say the least).
  • Tamika then voluntarily removed herself so that discussion might take place. Though unorthodox and high-risk, the prospect of tracking down an ‘Illisara’ through blood magic was raised. A hemomancer of the Shatterskulls were suggested as the best candidate, with Sunwing also willing to do such. It was stated that the scryer would be at risk of being tracked down themselves, and so would need protection. Fireleaf and Devilsgrave claimed to know some that would be willing to help protect the scryer, but Chrysojin would not accept anyone but Shatterskulls to protect a Shatterskull scryer. It was agreed in the end to further pursue the proposed blood-scrying stratagem.
  • In a final matter, the position of Chair was in question, the Conclave having returned to Orgrimmar for the first time since the First Session. None wished to contest, however, and Sharptongue received a full vote of confidence for the next three sessions, or until circumstances dictated otherwise (a tragic zeppelin accident was suggested).
  • There were no further matters and the session was adjourned.

Postscript:

• It is my intent to formally exclude non-arcanists from all subsequent sessions.
  • I should not have to properly explain why those with no love or knowledge of the arcane should be permitted entry to the Arcane Conclave of this Horde. Nonetheless, my decision comes as a result of various uncivil incidents started and perpetrated by non-arcanists (particularly in this Fourth Session) that have disrupted and nearly entirely derailed the discussion at hand.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Sadok wrote:(a bastion of astucious sagaciousness plunged into an amaranthine chasm of inane imbecility)
Word-of-the-day toilet paper?

---

Jokes aside, I always love reading your hyper-detailed transcripts <3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm

I now have an arcanist, when's the next meeting?!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Grim wrote:I now have an arcanist, when's the next meeting?!

I'll announce details in due course. Might be a teensy bit tricky in the short-term due to current Red Blade plot complications, but there'll definitely be a session before November is over, at the very latest.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 pm

Hold one in Pandaria! The Jade Temple Library is perfect Wink
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:10 pm

The Alliance is happy to "stumble" into the place if held there. Twisted Evil
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Skarain wrote:The Alliance is happy to "stumble" into the place if held there. Twisted Evil

We can discuss magic...

... with liberal use of magic.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next