Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Tuesday, 16th of Aug, Path of Conquest, Camp RP

+8
Eloresh
Shaelyssa
Evesia
Sorayah
Muzjhath
Eodan
Drustai
Jeanpierre
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] Tuesday, 16th of Aug, Path of Conquest, Camp RP Empty [A] Tuesday, 16th of Aug, Path of Conquest, Camp RP

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 am

Greetings,

In order to increase the camp RP fun, I exchanged some ideas with guildies and elves, but few came to fruition. As Tuesday will be the last or one of the last nights in the camp without battle planned, I'd still like to try two ideas. If there is a reason this can't be, please, let us know.
Also, because this is last minute, expect this topic to get updates throughout the day! I just want to start calling people's attention while I can.

21:00 - Part 1 - Rugby
A small rugby match. Basically, we'll set up 2 virtual goals where the teams have to try to get their ball in place. The ball will be represented using a raid icon "circle". The game will be simple, using macro's to roll and offering simple attack and defend actions. There will be a referee who is permitted to add rules or judge situations as he/she deems fit.
All participants must use these macro's to play along.

I have the macro's ready, but I would like to playtest them before publishing them. This is to avoid faulty code being spread.

The rugby will work as follows. The game operates through the use of raid icons:
- Circle: denotes who has the ball.
- Star: If the ball is tossed to another player, the target is marked with star.
At all times, there is only a star or a circle, never both. Additionally, players can "crash" into eachother, at which point the game is put on hold. This happens when the circle or star are replaced by:
- Cross: denotes who has the ball, but is crashed into the ground.
- Skull: denotes who crashed the ball carrier in the ground.

The purpose is to carry the "circle" up to a certain point to score a point, like rugby.

The game works through macros. These macro's simulate the behavior of the abilities mentioned below. These macros are 'spammable', meaning you can hit them as often as you like until you succeed in your action. To counter the spammable nature and increase the randomness of the game, each ability is subject to 'chance' rolls. These rolls force players to repeat their actions until they succeed... This indirectly implies that chance of success denotes the time required to successfully complete an action.

Participants each have 5 abilities.

Attack
A well planned attempt to catch up the opponent and steal the ball.

Rules:
- Must target the player carrying the ball (circle) to work
- Must be within 10 yards distance
- Macro imposes a 5% chance of stealing the ball.

Pass
You toss the ball away to another player.

Rules:
- Must target the player you toss the ball to
- Must be within 28 yards
- Macro imposes a 33% chance of being able to toss the ball.

Accept
The ball is passed to you and you accept it gracefully... or less gracefully.

Rules:
- You must be the recieving player
- The macro imposes a 33% chance of accepting the ball per try.

Intercept
You make an attempt to intercept a pass.

Rules:
- Must target the "recieving" player, marked with star.
- Must be within 11 yards of the recieving player.
- Macro imposes 20% chance of success at intercepting.

Careless Tackle
Whatever the case, that player is going down! If he happens to have the ball, then that's a smart thing to do.

Rules:
- Target -ANY- player.
- Must be within 10 yards distance.
- Macro imposes a 20% chance of success.
- IF the victim holds the ball (circle), the player is stopped. Otherwise a foul alert is given.

Notes:
If several players rudely tackle the player with the ball, only the first one to succeed will get a "rigtheous" stop. The other one risks a foul.

Referee
A referee has the uber power to stop the game. With a simple blow on the horn, the ball is summoned to his or her hand.

These are the macros, so far:
Spoiler:

22:00 - Part 2 - Campfire songs, campfire talks

This is more an invitation than entirely planned by my side. We could gather what forces we have and have each "culture" or group present a song, or a tale. JP will have a tale or song prepared and perhaps open the event. People can then raise a hand, (or whisper me) to request a chance for them to speak/sing.

Is it a tale of your favorite hero? Is it a Dwarven drinking song? Brief or long... All are welcome!

JP

Last edited by Jeanpierre on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

[A] Tuesday, 16th of Aug, Path of Conquest, Camp RP Empty Re: [A] Tuesday, 16th of Aug, Path of Conquest, Camp RP

Post by Drustai Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 am

Looks very interesting!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

[A] Tuesday, 16th of Aug, Path of Conquest, Camp RP Empty Re: [A] Tuesday, 16th of Aug, Path of Conquest, Camp RP

Post by Eodan Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 am

Careful, JP. Tuesday is the 16th, Wednesday is the 17th!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:50 am

Fixed. Thanks Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 am

No worries. Looks like a great event though, I hope people will respond!
Shame we couldn't go, getting invaded by them deadies and all. *Shakes fist*
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:53 am

JP, for the rugby. Using a raid for the players and a Leather Ball (the LWing throwable kind) can work wonders. Chat with Gnash about "battleball". Just beware that the macros can make it spammy.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:05 am

I'll certainly consider picking up that chat, but I doubt I can get that done before tonight. So.. It will be a poor man's game with a virtual ball.
Yes, we will be working with a raid, since all players will need to see eachother's icons. I'll avoid the spammy bit though Smile

But I think I'm on to something. I just wish I had a macro for checking a -short- range. The shortest distance check I could fit in a macro so far is 9.9 yards. It could do.. I suppose.. But it will increase the size of the field we'll need.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 am

Rugby doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in IC, but part 2 definitely sounds lovely. I should be there!
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:31 am

Updated the OP with the rugby system. I have the macro's ready but they need to be playtested first before I release them.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Evesia Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 am

Sounds like a good event.
Evesia
Evesia

Character sheet
Name: Evesia Moonflame
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Wow it looks like you put a lot of effort into the rugby bit. Good job Smile it looks great!!!!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Well... It's a test lol. But perhaps it can offer an Elf a chance to giggle and run with the ball after stealing it from a silly Human, right before getting ungraciously tackled by a Dwarf. Who knows!

Maybe cheer brutality will prevail.. Maybe tactics will win.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Jeanpierre wrote: But perhaps it can offer an Elf a chance to giggle and run with the ball after stealing it from a silly Human

No thanks!!!!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 pm

O.O Rugby... and I have to miss it... *cries as if there was no tomorrow*
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Did I say rugby? Oh dear.. I meant a civilized ball-sport to increase the cooperation and team spirit among the troops... It's supposed to be... gentle.. lol
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Who said Rugby is not gentle? liars, all of them.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen. Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

Last edited by Geneviève on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Hmm Rugby.. Travel Form.. or Tree of Life (try and tackle those!!) I am sad I cannot be there now.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Rugby sucks
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:07 pm

And American Tossball (played by tossers Razz) is a a bad game!
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Dreth wrote:Rugby sucks

Between your hatred to the Lordaeroneans, and now this. Sir. I am disturbingly wanting to kill you.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Drefurion wrote:Hmm Rugby.. Travel Form.. or Tree of Life (try and tackle those!!) I am sad I cannot be there now.
want you back Sad
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 pm

The macro's are tested and posted in the OP.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:57 pm

MMMMMMM. RUGBY MMMMMMM.

Shae and Kih'rin know what I mean.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh baby do I

Spoiler:
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next