Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

+31
Shaelyssa
Halya
Elízabéth Moren
Zinkle Figgins
Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch
Arathoran
Gallandria
Ixirar
Garlokk
Cid
Muzjhath
Jayse
avaiel
Lini
Zhakiri
Nayan
Jomir
Ledgic
Dorik Thunderbelly
Nassulra / Dobkins
Wubeh
Geldar
Raelo/Lucanor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lexius
Gogol
(Goggy) - Exilius
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Cathee Norris
Krogon Devilstep
35 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Geldar Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm

I for once agree with Seiken fullheartedly, it all comes down to communication. A battle can be as IC as people want, involving as much RP elements and PvP elements as people desire. Making things more complicated is not always a good thing :p
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Muzjhath Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Well Seiken, as an example everytime I on Marogg have to pull out my PvP set for PvPing in character I cringe. Because it is ugly (my opinion), because it's nothing that Marogg would use if he could chose. But with the kind of wPvP battles I've experience with it's the only "real" choise if I want to be anywhere near useful.
Same with the fact that I can't use my RP weapon (again, if I want to be useful), that I incidentally spent a lot more time grinding for than my Quel'Delar. Or if I go mutilate a dagger in the Main Hand.

About limiting attacks. Never tested it, but well. I can see the fun in not allowing some attacks, or fully limiting it to auto attack. In how you can make formations that one or two skills can break otherwise. Can make it a lot more fun for most parties involved that they can line up like we get to see in cinematics without one or two warriors charges in and Skillstorms, with a combat rogue running in behind to Skill Spree and leave the nice dual lined shooting formation lying dead.

As Muspel said, you could do combinations of things for filling both kinds of urges in one event. As while I for IC purposes hate putting the PvP gear on my orc, I do greatly enjoy the battles (generally). If I on the other hand could get the PvP with more Roleplay DURING the battle than pressing my yell macro's, and to use my nice shiny axe that I visited the first boss in MgT over twenty times for. That's just awesome.
I know that you don't have a problem with no one using Resilience gear, you've stated that several times. But to get the first thing, the Roleplaying more than using Macro's. Atleast to a bigger degree, to get that you need to severly limit outgoing damage to more than what gear you use.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:43 pm

I must say I am surprised some people make such a big deal out of the fact that people tried something different and something new during a event for one evening. Btw a quistion, didn’t they simply used the old rules during the other evenings of the event?

So they experimented one evening with a different set of rules instead of the ones that have been used for the last past what is it...5 years or so? I think it’s good people tried something new, something different. It might actually draw new people to world pvp. I actually applaude their boldness of trying something else. Despite the fact if it works or not. It’s good to try new ways now and then. Besides did the ones who object so much to it even gave it a chance or tried it? Or just yelled before hand that it was DULL AND AS BORING AS WATCHING PAINT DRY! Let’s be honest isn’t doing the same thing year in year out not as... DULL AS WATCHING PAINT DRY?

Also some events like Doriks one last several days now. Why not rotate the rules used for each day or at least one day. Giving room for new idea’s to use and try. But also enjoy the old style on other days of the event. If a new idea is indeed is as DULL AS WATCHING PAINT DRY it will die out eventually anyway as people will walk away from it. As I don’t think anyone likes to WATCH PAINT DRY!

Also on a side note. I don’t see how it motivates people to try out your way by calling them lazy and telling them they should better leave for another realm. Same by the way counts for calling people e-peen strokers.

Anyway what I am trying to say is, don’t be so harsh and condeming at people who like to try something else. And try to be a little open minded...
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:08 am

I like watching paint dry...

The scent... the beauty.. the calmness...
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:09 am

Bodypaint, perhaps.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 am

Wink
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 am

O _ o''

kek
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Seriously, I couldn't give much less about what people carry in events, as long as they carry proper gear for the right event, as in RP-gear for RP-events (including RP-PvP, so no excuses or wailing)!

Sure, I carry late game Frost-Worn Plate set with several enchants and gems to it, to equalize the odds and to survive against those PvP-geared, but keep in mind that set (unenchanted) has no stats whatsoever except armorvalues. For RP, understanding and happiness, skip PvP-gear in RP-PvP battles.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Cid wrote:Seriously, I couldn't give much less about what people carry in events, as long as they carry proper gear for the right event, as in RP-gear for RP-events (including RP-PvP, so no excuses or wailing)!

Sure, I carry late game Frost-Worn Plate set with several enchants and gems to it, to equalize the odds and to survive against those PvP-geared, but keep in mind that set (unenchanted) has no stats whatsoever except armorvalues. For RP, understanding and happiness, skip PvP-gear in RP-PvP battles.

Even before I knew of rp-pvp-gear battles I enchanted my gear, always did it.
Just to have a slightest surviveablity when ganked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:41 am

This whole discussion is pointless, if the battle was organised as a rp-pvp battle you wear your rp gear and if its w-pvp you wear pvp gear. Simples. If people have a problem with it they can just not turn up. Communication doesn't come into it at all, its not the leaders' fault as the problem lies with the select few who choose to not follow the rules being set down which are frankly not hard at all.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Out of curiosity, what about characters that make a clear distinction between civilian clothes (Your regular Stormwind clothes or whathave), ceremonial armor (armor chosen for the looks) and battlefield armor (pvp gear)? You know, for all those charaters that keep all their gear IC?
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Garlokk Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 pm

They adapt and stop thinking the majority will bark when they whistle.

Garlokk

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:19 pm

Garlokk wrote:They adapt and stop thinking the Majority will bark when they whistle.

Minority.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:31 pm

LFM RP PVP battle! Need >2k Gearscore! /w for inv

Seriously though, if I'm in a guild or other sort of community, and they put a rule like that ("Have to use bad gear cause the other side CBA to get equivalent amount of quality gear") I don't show up, simple as that.

I had one experience with these kinds of events, and that's plenty. I remember in TBC, some battle between NG and OOTRB. We were told that the battle would be restricted to RP gear because we outnumbered them. I brought my mix of T1/T2 gear and went to Ashenvale to meet up with the rest of the elves.

First disappointment, I saw that apparently only my side of the battle was restricted. Several orcs were wearing T4, S1, S2, etc. etc. gear.

Second disappointment... I was being 1shot by every DPS class. Having lifebloom tick for 200 fully stacked wasn't really sufficient to give me even the slightest chance of survival. Well, anyways, after 20 or so minutes of being killed repeatedly I had to leave the scene out of frustration.

This is just me though. But really, imo, and RP PVP battle is a mix of RP and PVP. Not an RP battle. I find the RP gear restricted PVP events to be just as dull and uninteresting as /e fights.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm

The problem is the the ablity's in wotlk have been scaled to do to much damage for RP gear to withstand.

Edit: but at the end of the day it's what ever the host of the event wants.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Just wait for when Cataclysm when the new stuff will have so much hp and whatnot that the current stuff is 'RP' by then XD

What'll be worse is, those with vanilla and tbc mixed stuff will have all the less health, and some whom use lvl 20 swords like I do, won't keel anyone. :<
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 am

The issue is a never ending topic, some are using former season pvp gear as rp gear, and some use pve gear.. It's no big deal. I agree with Krogon, using a lvl 80 epic item as your rp weapon, because of it's looks gives sence. If I had Shadowmourne I would use that, together with some evil gear for Rp. and well badluck for the hordes I met in rp-pvp world events, just shows your willing to go far to look good.
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 am

Yes, because a paladin with a Shadowmourne' lookin weapon and befitting gear would '' Show your willing to go far for big-peen. Very Happy
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

I personally have two sets of gear for roleplay.

When roleplaying as the leader of the thieves, my gear is basicly full warrior relentless arena gear. Because it looks badass to be frank, and suits the character. Ditch's weapon of choice is his replica runeblade (a Quel-delar). Now, I don't use THIS particular set of gear to gain an unfair advantage over people IC, I use it because it has the looks I deem appropriate for my character. The fact that it is -also- the exact same gear I wear when I head into the arena, is irrelevant.

When disguised, hiding the fact that I'm the leader of the notorious gang of criminals, I wear a Horde army outfit. The vanilla PvP set, the blue one, basicly. You guys would probably call this "fairer", those of you that are very much against real gear being used in WPvP events.

But this is where a problem arises. If I'm fighting, and am not disguised at the time, I'm roleplaying my character in his PvP gear, which is also his RP gear. He's come to a war-zone, and has therefor equipped his very best gear. Am I cheating? I would say I'm not cheating, and if someone on the wrong of Felcrak gets cleaved in half due to inferior gear and no other factors, then that would be unfortunate.

THIS is why I don't really believe you can specify what people can and/or can't wear, because what's IC falls down to opinion. However, I agree that it can make things unfair. So, I'd conclude that the way to make things fairer is by restriction. Auto-attacking, only casting fireballs, etc. Attacking people of a similar level and/or gear level to yourself. This could still make things fun, without causing huge obama-speeches about gear.

I realise this would still have it's flaws, but RP-WPvP events always will, and it will always have to be an imperfect work around. Though, I do think this is the best way.

Verdict:
Just because you CAN faceroll everyone, don't. If you're kicking everyone's ass, maybe pretend to get disarmed and run in with some fisticuffs, to improve everyone's overall enjoyment. A certain few people need to remember that RP isn't about being the best, nor winning. It's about storytelling and fun for everyone, which doesn't neccesarily mean putting 8k DPS on a level 47.

Not that anyone cares about my opinion, or anything. Very Happy
- lé Ditch

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.michael.wood

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:28 pm

The whole 'copy of blahabalah' is not really a valid explaination. It's just now'a'days to excuse for simply that, E-peen and to be at best possible condition and capability to win the fight. Neutral

And I don't think any self' respecting or fine Kingpin' would ever be satisfied with a 'copy' They'd only accept the best. Smile
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Well it's not really got anything to do with e-peen for me, I don't give a damn about how much virtual testosterone I have XD. I don't call it a copy, I call it a rune-blade, and it's big and expensive, because he's a rich guy.

Before he was rich, he use one of the level 77 green northrend swords, because it looked brutal and cheap. Now he's rich. My point.

So, no excuses. To be frank, the main arena I started doing arena in the first place was to get relentless warrior gear for roleplay, because it looks cool. Not for e-peen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Abit offtopic, but does Felcrak have a crick in the back or something on that avatar? Sure as hell looks like it.

Makes me wanna go back to tauren, awesome animations, they have. *Yodanod*
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Nah, if you imagine his sword as a pole, he looks more like a pole-dancer imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch wrote:When roleplaying as the leader of the thieves, my gear is basicly full warrior relentless arena gear.

A thief in big, clunky armor... *stares*

I see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:
A thief

More of a crime-boss really. The amount of crime and dirtywork Ditch actually takes part in is minimal. So, if you're implying that the clunkyness of his armor somehow impairs his ability to thieve properly, then you'd be right.

But he doesn't need too anyway. So, I see your point, but it's kinda irrelevant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next