Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

+31
Shaelyssa
Halya
Elízabéth Moren
Zinkle Figgins
Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch
Arathoran
Gallandria
Ixirar
Garlokk
Cid
Muzjhath
Jayse
avaiel
Lini
Zhakiri
Nayan
Jomir
Ledgic
Dorik Thunderbelly
Nassulra / Dobkins
Wubeh
Geldar
Raelo/Lucanor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lexius
Gogol
(Goggy) - Exilius
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Cathee Norris
Krogon Devilstep
35 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch wrote:
Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:
A thief

More of a crime-boss really. The amount of crime and dirtywork Ditch actually takes part in is minimal. So, if you're implying that the clunkyness of his armor somehow impairs his ability to thieve properly, then you'd be right.

But he doesn't need too anyway. So, I see your point, but it's kinda irrelevant.

Are you flagged at all times, just out of curiosity?

Back to top Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm

This was a discussion about RP/PvP gear in WPvP events, I don't really see why I need to be interrogated. But yes, I am flagged for RP at all times, if that's what you were getting at.

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.michael.wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch wrote:But yes, I am flagged for RP at all times, if that's what you were getting at.

I meant PvP, actually. It would seem a bit more reasonable to have PvP gear as RP gear if that was the case, in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Oh, right, I thought you meant RP flags on FlagRSP or summin'.
Yes, I'm always flagged, even when RPing. If there's some spontaneous raid on wherever I'm hanging out, I'd rather get ripped in half than blueshield it, tbh. Razz

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.michael.wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Felcrak, you just gained 10+ muffin points.

Said muffinpoints are redeemable for 1 snickers bar each.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch wrote:When roleplaying as the leader of the thieves, my gear is basicly full warrior relentless arena gear.

A thief in big, clunky armor... *stares*

I see.

He can afford this, I haven't yet met someone bold enough to question a suspicious big, bad sword-wielding tauren Very Happy
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Damor/Zinkle wrote:
Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch wrote:When roleplaying as the leader of the thieves, my gear is basicly full warrior relentless arena gear.

A thief in big, clunky armor... *stares*

I see.

He can afford this, I haven't yet met someone bold enough to question a suspicious big, bad sword-wielding tauren Very Happy

"Big, bad sword-wielding tauren" and "thief" are two sets of words that just don't seem to go together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm gonna steal your purse WITH A BLADESTORM ORORORORORORAR!

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:10 pm

rp gear battles cause drama.

discuss.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:12 pm

I have been in and orginaised several of rp geared battles, without any drama at all.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Krogon wrote:rp gear battles cause drama.

discuss.

I disagree with this.

Rather, I'd say, "People who claim that their PvP gear is their RP gear cause issues when an event is supposed to be RP-PvP."

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Gogol wrote:I have been in and orginaised several of rp geared battles, without any drama at all.

That.

And on a side note, RP geared battles are perfectly fine, as are PvP geared battles. Is not the battles that cause the drama, its people.

And as for what Felina said, my PvP gear is my RP gear. TBC/Vanilla pvp gear suits my paladin best aswell as the Grand Marshal set, so go figure. But if the battle was strictly RP gear, i would remove trinkets/rings/necks etcetera to compensate for using a set of PvP armor(even if highly outdated one). And not to mention not use my REAL PvP gear which is Wrathful.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Geldar wrote:And as for what Felina said, my PvP gear is my RP gear. TBC/Vanilla pvp gear suits my paladin best aswell as the Grand Marshal set, so go figure. But if the battle was strictly RP gear, i would remove trinkets/rings/necks etcetera to compensate for using a set of PvP armor(even if highly outdated one). And not to mention not use my REAL PvP gear which is Wrathful.

When not RPing, I'm usually either in PvP gear or PvE gear. When I do RP, I tend to switch quickly into PvP gear, since it seems more IC than my mismatched PvE set. In the past, during PvP events, it was never specified nor asked that I switch into RP gear, except for once (since we outnumbered Alliance, we were asked to tone it down and I put on my Vanilla/TBC mixed RP set). If I'm asked to wear RP gear, I'll definitely go for it, but none of the low-level PvP gear, just because I don't have it. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:48 pm

I practicly wore a kilt, a warsong axe and a wolf mask the day I rejoined OotRB. WPvP occured. I did fine. (Might have had rings and stuff, but still, compared to being nearly naked!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Vargosh/Trave/Thandros wrote:I practicly wore a kilt, a warsong axe and a wolf mask the day I rejoined OotRB. WPvP occured. I did fine. (Might have had rings and stuff, but still, compared to being nearly naked!)

latest orcish fashion, the kilt... told you they'd catch on!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 pm

For the orc who wants to look manly...

...Yet still enjoys a fresh breeze through the groin!

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:For the orc who wants to look manly...

...Yet still enjoys a fresh breeze through the groin!

i like to be close to the spirits... of air... thems make the space between ma thigh's nicely chilled!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Spoiler:
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:44 pm

discuss.

Like Geldar said. It's not the events itself that cause drama but the people partcipating in them. There have been all different kind of events which ended in "drama".

A lot could be prevented if people approah each other with some respect, listen to each other and are willing to compromise when needed and not start with finger pointing.
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 am

Lexius wrote:

discuss.

Like Geldar said. It's not the events itself that cause drama but the people partcipating in them. There have been all different kind of events which ended in "drama".

A lot could be prevented if people approah each other with some respect, listen to each other and are willing to compromise when needed and not start with finger pointing.

and such arguments and communication problems are caused by constant squabbling over gear ;o

"he's wearing something pvp'ish"
"i dont like his weapon"
"his gear is still level 80 stuff"
"but our gear is level 40 and your's all 60"
"he wont change his gear"

RP gear rule sets cause the aggro through being difficult to enforce and equelize and everyone disagreeing on what is and isnt rp gear <_o' which is silly, becuase nobody has the right to say who's gear is and inst IC.... which bug's me most of all.

as usual i have no problem with the 'rp gear' rule sets. i do however loathe people telling me if my gear isnt IC or not... and whining when someone is wearing rp gear of a 'higher level' and complaining about balance, which is another argument. all RP gear cant be inherently balanced across all classess, specs and visual appearance.

DRS mountainers wear level 30 gear for rp, if i recall. Rargnasha, an orc prot warrior, wears level 70 plate for rp gear because he likes the look of the set (purple and red lawbringer).

so i'd say the lack of communication and arguments are directly related to the inability of RP gear to bring the 'balance' that people seek, and peoples refusal to understand that it never will be 'fair'... and mostly makes inbalance greater is what leeds to the lack of communication then the arguments.

RP gear battles would work, if people didnt tell each other who should wear what, becuase of 'balance' concerns. then again, everyone would run around in full tier 10 and Relentless then... and so the circle continues.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:21 am

Krogon wrote:
Lexius wrote:

discuss.

and such arguments and communication problems are caused by constant squabbling over gear ;o

"he's wearing something pvp'ish"
"i dont like his weapon"
"his gear is still level 80 stuff"
"but our gear is level 40 and your's all 60"
"he wont change his gear"

RP gear rule sets cause the aggro through being difficult to enforce and equelize and everyone disagreeing on what is and isnt rp gear <_o' which is silly, becuase nobody has the right to say who's gear is and inst IC.... which bug's me most of all.

as usual i have no problem with the 'rp gear' rule sets. i do however loathe people telling me if my gear isnt IC or not... and whining when someone is wearing rp gear of a 'higher level' and complaining about balance, which is another argument. all RP gear cant be inherently balanced across all classess, specs and visual appearance.

DRS mountainers wear level 30 gear for rp, if i recall. Rargnasha, an orc prot warrior, wears level 70 plate for rp gear because he likes the look of the set (purple and red lawbringer).

so i'd say the lack of communication and arguments are directly related to the inability of RP gear to bring the 'balance' that people seek, and peoples refusal to understand that it never will be 'fair'... and mostly makes inbalance greater is what leeds to the lack of communication then the arguments.

RP gear battles would work, if people didnt tell each other who should wear what, becuase of 'balance' concerns. then again, everyone would run around in full tier 10 and Relentless then... and so the circle continues.

Sure there are ingridients for drama. But like a chef it’s your own choice to use those ingridients or toss them asside and use different one’s and make a better and nicer tasting dish...so to speak.

I saw you in this thread before coming down hard on people having a different opinion then you. Instead of keeping civilized tone you started to express yourself in a way saying those which did not carry your opinion should consider rerolling another realm. That’s not what I call appraoching the other one with respect. Which is actually something that bugs me. Also you yourself brought the issue up. No one else did. Now that in itself is not a problem. But the way you chose to bring it up made others felt offended and pushed in a defensive role. Which makes ingridients for, you guessed it, drama. Here some examples of what I am talking about:

Krogon wrote:
I for one hate it, loathe it, and am digusted that other players get to decide if what i'm wearing is IC or OOC.

Blessed were the days when lazy people got killed in pvp as they deserved due to a lack of pvp gear, becuase they WERNT real fighters compared to those who did put the work in for the gear and were real fighters, logic prevails.

and whats this? we may potentially be restircted on what skills we can and cant use, and have to restrain ourselves in battles now? hell no, thats another stupid idea that will create further imbalance for some classes over others. War is not about restraint, going easy or making it fair. Army's are built around having the best weapons and tools possible to make the enemy dead all that much quicker, so give me one reason IC my orc would go easy on his foe's? Logic prevails again.

all this nonsense so battles seem more 'epic' ... and last longer? ... Auto-attack for a warrior is not epic, melee for a mage, is not epic.

in short, this nonsense makes world pvp more complicated, boring and harder to organise, so it occurs less.

solution? Grow a spine and earn your victory's, gear up, try harder.

Krogon wrote:

again, thats dull as hell, go emote fight in stormwind if thats what you want ;D

its an RP-pvp server. see... its in the name. if you so fondly dont want -actual- pvp, try argent dawn, or blue shielding.

You are pointing fingers here and accusing people of being lazy, having stupid idea’s and not being real fighters. On top of that you tell them they should consider leaving the server. However your goal seems to be to keep rp-pvp events fun. But how do you expect to have it be fun if you go call the other players lazy and stupid. You think that will make them see your point and understand why a different approach then their own is fun? No of course not. It drives them into the defensive and that is what causes drama. Also on a personal note. I found the lazy argument which I heard you use before ironic. Is it fair to call someone lazy after a long day of work or school to use the little spare time they have left to do something they actually like (for example rp) instead of forcing themselves to grind for some better gear? Anyway there are a lot more examples I could find of you approaching the other posters in a offensive and in my opinion disrespectal way. I probably could also find examples of other posters acting in simular ways perhaps even towards you. Anyway, this what I actually meant in my post you qouted. It are the people creating the drama not the event itself. The choices you as player make (or not make) is what creates the drama or not.

Anyway now I am getting tired. Maybe I’ll throw in some more input if I think of some more. I hope however you understand the point I am trying to make and don't feel offended by it. As that's not my intention.

Last edited by Lexius on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:54 am

My vote to this topic is using your actual gear.

Dont like fighting people with better PvP gear than you?
Well thats your fault for not earning it yourself.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:07 am

That just sounds like an argument for using RP gear in the first place. Frankly, I think its a circumstantial thing; to be decided on an event-by-event basis. Very much depends on how planned the results of a battle are.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:44 am

Oh wow, I never thought people would get so worked up about this topic. Personally, I always thought the role-play that occurred prior and after the battle was always more fun than the actual battle itself. I enjoyed the planning, the scout groups, the meetings and then the recuperating, the attending to the wounded and the meetings again way more than the one minute or ten minute in-character battles. So for me, I don't really mind being the first to die or the last to die in RP-WPvP events.

Actually, in our RP-WPvP events in Kalimdor, I used to sometimes do them in role-playing gear so I can understand why people would prefer wearing role-playing gear rather than PvP gear because it does invoke a more immersive "feeling".
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:58 am

Elízabéth Moren wrote:My vote to this topic is using your actual gear.

Dont like fighting people with better PvP gear than you?
Well thats your fault for not earning it yourself.

You miss the whole point
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next