Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

+31
Shaelyssa
Halya
Elízabéth Moren
Zinkle Figgins
Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch
Arathoran
Gallandria
Ixirar
Garlokk
Cid
Muzjhath
Jayse
avaiel
Lini
Zhakiri
Nayan
Jomir
Ledgic
Dorik Thunderbelly
Nassulra / Dobkins
Wubeh
Geldar
Raelo/Lucanor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lexius
Gogol
(Goggy) - Exilius
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Cathee Norris
Krogon Devilstep
35 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Zhakiri Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:28 am

Lexius, please add something to the topic rather than spanking Krogon, which can be done in a PM. I want to read about RP or PvP gear discussion, not how much of a bad orc Krogon has been. Much love.

--

Personally I see this as a rather delicate topic. As Krogon did say constructively RP gear still varies highly in stats even if not end game gear. DRS in the level 30 stuff, doesn't mean that everyone in the fight needs to wear level 30 stuff.

So the question arises what level/statted gear can be considered RP gear? Anything under level 80 just seems childish to me as the same overwhelming benefit can be given to a unit for using level 70 gear against such sets that the DRS use.

Thus to me sets like the end game PvP gear, which both look good and can be easily obtained for a rather uniformed effect in your forces, are just as legitimately used.

I do however agree that it is the set that looks good, nothing else is visible and therefore such gear like rings/necklace/trinkets and everything else that isn't visible...That even ranges to the legs for robe wearers, should and could be taken off to simply give the wearer the look and not the -extreme- stat advantage.

Besides I agree with Shaelyssa. The RP in RP-PvP doesn't happen during the fighting, the fighting is the PvP aspect, the RP is from scouting, planning, warcouncils, gathering your forces, retreating, charging forth, giving out medals, healing the wounded and much much more.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Nayan Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:29 am

Elízabéth Moren wrote:My vote to this topic is using your actual gear.

Dont like fighting people with better PvP gear than you?
Well thats your fault for not earning it yourself.
Gimme tribal troll-looking PvP gear and I'll give you a point. Atm, the most fitting gear is SSO badge rewards, so yeah. I won't look like robocop or a juggernaught, don't see a point in it. I would, if it was a non-RP, plain PvP realm. Generalising is bad, don't do it Wink
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 am

Nygarth wrote:Thus to me sets like the end game PvP gear, which both look good and can be easily obtained for a rather uniformed effect in your forces, are just as legitimately used.

I do however agree that it is the set that looks good
Here I have to disagree with you. Atleast when it comes to the rogue gear, the Paladin Gear actually looks somewhat Paladin like.
The rogue gear looks horrible, Deadly and below looked okay, but with Furios with those flying shoulders, and the big red spots?
The flying gem in the forehead, from most sets, just what?
I find the rogue PvP sets after the deadly version to look worse than T9 rogue shoulders (aside from those a decent looking set) and the T10 rogue set (which I find looks horrible.. flaming head sack what?)
While I use it to PvP, and sometime is forced to use it in big Wpvp battles where I am ICly, I more or less always do an emote along the lines of: "/e is still in the gear he used a minute earlier".

So while you find endgame PvP gear to look good, and thing that thus everyone should use it. Everyone else does not. I rather have an Unballanced battle with different levels of gear, than get forced to use PvP items to have a chance.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:09 am

I agree with Marogg. Most end game pvp gear imo, with the exception of warlocks, looks horrible and is not something I'd willingly choose to RP in.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 am

Nygarth wrote:Lexius, please add something to the topic rather than spanking Krogon, which can be done in a PM. I want to read about RP or PvP gear discussion, not how much of a bad orc Krogon has been. Much love.

It was my full intention to add something to the discussion. He raised the subject about rp-pvp events and drama. I replied to that. It was not my intention to spank him as you call it. My intention was to open his mind to how during events drama can actually can come to excistance.

Anyway I hope we can leave it at that. As it's also not my intention to derail this topic completly. Wink
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 am

Nayan wrote:

Gimme tribal troll-looking PvP gear and I'll give you a point. Atm, the most fitting gear is SSO badge rewards, so yeah. I won't look like robocop or a juggernaught, don't see a point in it. I would, if it was a non-RP, plain PvP realm. Generalising is bad, don't do it Wink

Yup. And this discuission is childish. Im merely putting in what I think with no giant sentance or fancy words. As in my opinion the Rp-PvP events should be in PvP gear, so I said that, nothing more needed to be said.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Elízabéth Moren wrote:
Nayan wrote:

Yup. And this discuission is childish. Im merely putting in what I think with no giant sentance or fancy words. As in my opinion the Rp-PvP events should be in PvP gear, so I said that, nothing more needed to be said.

Actually, it's good if you write up why you think that. Wink

Wouldn't be much of a discussion otherwise.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Elízabéth Moren wrote:
Nayan wrote:

My dear Elizabeth. That's not all you said. You also said: "Dont like fighting people with better PvP gear than you? Well thats your fault for not earning it yourself." which implies that everyone who carries the opinion that rp gear should be used instead of pvp gear doesn't have proper pvp gear. Now that might be true for some of the players but I doubt for all of them. Also this is an RP-pvp realm. Not just pvp. So it's also nice if the people during such a event wear something that from an rp point fits your char. Edit: And that's something I think everyone has to decide for him or herself (something which I agree on with Krogan). However you have to keep in mind when picking an armor set...do you choose it cause it looks and fits your char or do you pick it because it has better stats?
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Ataris wrote:
Elízabéth Moren wrote:
Nayan wrote:

Actually, it's good if you write up why you think that. Wink

Wouldn't be much of a discussion otherwise.

Pyramid quotes are awesome.

And sure. Because then you wont have some people running there asses around in level 40 gear, then comes along someone in full T6 and owns them. Its alot more balanced to use your actual gear.

And Lexius, I just think they should bring there own gear, and if the other side has better gear then them, thats noones fault but there own.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Elízabéth Moren wrote:And sure. Because then you wont have some people running there asses around in level 40 gear, then comes along someone in full T6 and owns them. Its alot more balanced to use your actual gear.
Then, what is your "actual" gear?
Is it your PvP gear?
Is it your PvE gear?
Is it your RP gear?
Is it any of your other 5-60 RP sets?

Just saying "use your actual gear" is really nonsaying.
When I think of Marogg I think of him either in the gear he used as the Enforcer of the Sixty Thieves, Which was a mix of mostly around level 6 items, epic level 70 leggings yes, but no chest piece.
But I think more and more of him in the tribal looking leather armor I use for him now. As it make's him look like an orc in leather armor.
So in that way I would actually say that my set of ~69-78 level gear is my "actual" gear.

If you then see your PvP gear as your "actual" gear your statement is still false as we both wear "actual" gear but the rift is still there.
Whereas had you told me to come in my pvp gear I would show up in my mix of deadly to relentless.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Marogg wrote:
Elízabéth Moren wrote:And sure. Because then you wont have some people running there asses around in level 40 gear, then comes along someone in full T6 and owns them. Its alot more balanced to use your actual gear.
Then, what is your "actual" gear?
Is it your PvP gear?
Is it your PvE gear?
Is it your RP gear?
Is it any of your other 5-60 RP sets?

Just saying "use your actual gear" is really nonsaying.
When I think of Marogg I think of him either in the gear he used as the Enforcer of the Sixty Thieves, Which was a mix of mostly around level 6 items, epic level 70 leggings yes, but no chest piece.
But I think more and more of him in the tribal looking leather armor I use for him now. As it make's him look like an orc in leather armor.
So in that way I would actually say that my set of ~69-78 level gear is my "actual" gear.

If you then see your PvP gear as your "actual" gear your statement is still false as we both wear "actual" gear but the rift is still there.
Whereas had you told me to come in my pvp gear I would show up in my mix of deadly to relentless.

Now that was just abit retarded. ''What is your actual gear?'' Is the 'point' of that. Fine, dont like that term? Your best gear. There. Happy?
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Yo Marogg...Every single piece of gear in the game is subject to your own opinion of whether it looks good or not.

The point I was trying to make was that the gear, is a set, that for some people looks pleasing. Rather than trying to match a set together yourself, Blizzard has done it for ya! Why not use it?

Unbalance. Well I'm sorry but unless you are all restricted to gear that is of a certain Ilevel then it is -always- going to be unbalance thus it's childish to dictate that only under level 80 gear can be used when the same effect can be generated with any gear vs other gear.

Get rid of all the invisible gear and only show the set pieces that you want to and your stats are gimped enough anyhow. I think your HP would be an easy indication about your offpieces anyway, so people shouldn't yell for drama seeing it.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi kids, your favourite (lol) Ordo Malleus Inquisitor brings you revelations from the God Emperor and Blizzard corporation concerning the future of this dispute, if you would be so kind to see this thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12899881675&sid=1

The basic idea which is behind this sugestion I will try to explain with a few words: Vanity slots for gear, basically to solve all those issues between who should wear RP or PvP gear this idea sounds pretty interesting, but to the point. Imagine wearing your actual gear in the real item slots, then on the side you have the exact amount of same vanity slots which you can make a set with the desirable gear which appeals to your taste.

Understand so far? No? Very well. Basically, the gear you decide to place on your charecter in the vanity slots will be the one you see visually on your charecter whilst you will still get the benefits from your real gear which you are wearing in your regular slots.

While in fact some people will still have some superiourity over others because level of gear, kind of gear and etcetera, then it all comes down to what you have spent effort for acquiring. All in all I like this suggestion if its implemented in Cataclysm because then not only people will have battles in RP gear so to speak, but the battles themselfs will last longer because you use actual gear underneath. And as for the fact people might still feel its unfair to use actual gear underneath, well tough luck, because even with actual gear under your vanity slots you could still play out the RP scenarios laid forth by the organisers without engaging in little or any PvP what so ever during the WPvP event. bounce
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Geldar wrote:Hi kids, your favourite (lol) Ordo Malleus Inquisitor brings you revelations from the God Emperor and Blizzard corporation concerning the future of this dispute, if you would be so kind to see this thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12899881675&sid=1

The basic idea which is behind this sugestion I will try to explain with a few words: Vanity slots for gear, basically to solve all those issues between who should wear RP or PvP gear this idea sounds pretty interesting, but to the point. Imagine wearing your actual gear in the real item slots, then on the side you have the exact amount of same vanity slots which you can make a set with the desirable gear which appeals to your taste.

Understand so far? No? Very well. Basically, the gear you decide to place on your charecter in the vanity slots will be the one you see visually on your charecter whilst you will still get the benefits from your real gear which you are wearing in your regular slots.

While in fact some people will still have some superiourity over others because level of gear, kind of gear and etcetera, then it all comes down to what you have spent effort for acquiring. All in all I like this suggestion if its implemented in Cataclysm because then not only people will have battles in RP gear so to speak, but the battles themselfs will last longer because you use actual gear underneath. And as for the fact people might still feel its unfair to use actual gear underneath, well tough luck, because even with actual gear under your vanity slots you could still play out the RP scenarios laid forth by the organisers without engaging in little or any PvP what so ever during the WPvP event. bounce

...i came
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

So, it's just the system from Lord of the Rings Online basicly.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Seems like it, but who really cares? The foundations to business and marketing are stealing/using other people`s ideas whilst polishing and making them better. If this is implemented as this suggestion has brought really big interest from both the dev` team, but also from the community for all I care we will get a awesome feature, personally cant wait to raid or do battlegrounds while wearing full judgement.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:46 pm

Geldar wrote:Seems like it, but who really cares? The foundations to business and marketing are stealing/using other people`s ideas whilst polishing and making them better. If this is implemented as this suggestion has brought really big interest from both the dev` team, but also from the community for all I care we will get a awesome feature, personally cant wait to raid or do battlegrounds while wearing full judgement.

...do want Blademaster set for all sorts...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:47 pm

I just said it to form a simpified image in peoples minds, who had played LotRO.

But, yeah, we'll go with whatever.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Would be pretty cool actually when a wpvp event occurs and the opposing sides wear gear traditional to their military system. Orcs beeing half naked blademasters/grunt like sets, humans beeing with the imperial plated set or the Liuitenant commander sets, would really distinguish the the armies and open awesome opportunities.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Or armor by ranking. Footsoldiers wear vendor plate, while their one or two present commanders wear a pvp set. That would really give the commanders a boss-feel.

Would be awesome, but I would not see it happening, as people are usually refusing to play anything less than a badass hero snowflake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Koroko Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Geldar wrote:Would be pretty cool actually when a wpvp event occurs and the opposing sides wear gear traditional to their military system. Orcs beeing half naked blademasters/grunt like sets, humans beeing with the imperial plated set or the Lieutenant commander sets, would really distinguish the the armies and open awesome opportunities.
Archal wrote:Or armor by ranking. Footsoldiers wear vendor plate, while their one or two present commanders wear a pvp set. That would really give the commanders a boss-feel.

Would be awesome, but I would not see it happening, as people are usually refusing to play anything less than a badass hero snowflake.

I have roleplayed in another game with a similar system for PvP and it was some of the greatest fun I can remember having. The game mechanics are still in place and overall quality of gear is levelled out - it becomes more about numbers, military tactics and attending ranks than one full pvp set'd warrior bladestorming everyone before any epic battling can occur.

However such a system also a) promotes great desire in its members to rise in rank, which can be a very dangerous thing and b) requires a lot of work to 'level out' the appropriate gearscore between the ranks, not to mention all guilds having to adhere to a similar ranking system.

To be honest I'm not sure such a system could be implemented between guilds as, so far, I've seen far too many needless arguments over rather petty things on these boards (i've only been here 2 days geez) and I figure that a consensus would be very difficult to come to. My fond memories of how such a system worked are also somewhat nostalgia tainted; remembering the infighting over ranks and whatnot that eventually led to its downfall. Not to mention the core problem being same faction PvP being prohibited therefore eliminating any actual roleplay from occuring during these events besides Blizzard's stock of fairly cheerful but hardly brilliant /emotes. With the upcoming battle.net change this may not be a problem but who knows.

I'm all for the implementation of a system as suggested in the quotes above but I wouldn't want to touch it's creation or its running with a yard stick :)

Last edited by Koroko on Sat May 01, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Koroko
Koroko

http://defiaseu.wikia.com/wiki/Koroko_Nightwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sat May 01, 2010 1:23 am

Krogon wrote:
Geldar wrote:Hi kids, your favourite (lol) Ordo Malleus Inquisitor brings you revelations from the God Emperor and Blizzard corporation concerning the future of this dispute, if you would be so kind to see this thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12899881675&sid=1

...i came

This.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sat May 01, 2010 10:17 am

This just solves every problem on this topic
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat May 01, 2010 10:25 am

Jomir Howlhammer wrote:This just solves every problem on this topic

The Emperor protects. -nod-
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Sat May 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Jomir Howlhammer wrote:This just solves every problem on this topic

Expect those who can't be bothered levelling up to max level to complain about being much, much worse than everyone else. I expect "We shouldn't wear any gear in the official slots but only gear in the vanity slots so no one has any stats" whines to come up by the people who can't be bothered investing time into their characters but still want to be considered as badass as everyone else. :/
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next