Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

+31
Shaelyssa
Halya
Elízabéth Moren
Zinkle Figgins
Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch
Arathoran
Gallandria
Ixirar
Garlokk
Cid
Muzjhath
Jayse
avaiel
Lini
Zhakiri
Nayan
Jomir
Ledgic
Dorik Thunderbelly
Nassulra / Dobkins
Wubeh
Geldar
Raelo/Lucanor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lexius
Gogol
(Goggy) - Exilius
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Cathee Norris
Krogon Devilstep
35 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:11 pm

There isn't much rp if I can run to a group of rangers and attack them without being stopped.
Yes, a fight in full rp gear would look nice, but it unbalances the battle far more than pve/pvp gear. It's not exactly hard to get some ilevel 232 stuff.
The wpvp i've been in, atleast in my eyes, always turns into something like wintergrasp/bg's. And it's not the gear, it's the fact that once the fighting starts, the only kind of tactic that exists is "kill X and Y, Kill the healerz!".
Has it ever been tried that the "commander" stands back and yells orders?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Well if you are to auto-attack, surely they shouldn't kite either, since that is pvp tactics, :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Vargosh/Gorge/Thandros wrote:Well if you are to auto-attack, surely they shouldn't kite either, since that is pvp tactics, :p

if your holding only a rifle and a Blademaster is running toward you, with deathly intent in his eyes... you dont stand there waiting for him, you shoot and run Razz thats tactics and a bit of common sense, much like my Blademaster wouldnt jog around letting people shoot at him, he'd charge and cut things up.

i dont mind rp gear!

just dont lower the tone further with this auto-attack nonsense, or i -will- be stamping someone with the title " 'x' the World pvp slayer"
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I have to say, Muspel, the kind of fighting you want works in organised duels, emote-fights and what not, but in W-PvP, it's just not going to be that interesting. If I wanted to stand behind a bunch of warriors, standing completely still while carefully taking shots at my targets... Well, I'd do PvE, wouldn't I?

The main appeal of PvP is the intensity of the fighting, the individual tactics and the overarching strategies. Trying to tie PvP down with rules takes away a great portion of the appeal. To me, this includes RP gear.

Different classes scale differently with gear. Some people might not have RP gear that even has a -little- of the stats they would normally have at their level. As a result, fights in "RP gear" are even less balanced than if people just use their "regular" gear.

As an example, on my Shaman, her RP gear is 80% the same as my PvE set, because these items look really good for a Shaman's RP gear. An Orc Warrior RPing a Grunt might on the other hand wear level 30-40ish Leather (to mimic Orgrimmar Grunts) for their RP gear. Now, even if he stacks "of Stamina" on all of these items, including enchants, he still won't gain more than a thousand health.

In my RP gear I can pull 10k Lava Bursts without procs or totems on a target without resilience. The Orc warrior in question, wearing nothing but low-level RP gear, would have, perhaps, 14k total health, which means I could nigh-instantly two- or three-shot him.

So okay, that might be realistic. I mean if a powerful Shaman throws an enormous bolt of molten superheated lava and lightning at an Orc, he'd probably die really quickly too. And on my part, that might be fun, since I can then do other things while he's deader than disco. The problem, of course, is that something like that isn't fun for the Orc. It'd be little more than ganking, over in a second and certainly not provide any worthwhile RP... Unless the Orc player just decided that his character should die a horrible, burning death, y'know?

Hell, PvP is never going to be realistic. And good thing, that. If it were, you'd get shot once by a stray bullet and be instantly incapacitated, spending the next 2 months in a hospital before dying of infection...
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Merandil wrote:I have to say, Muspel, the kind of fighting you want works in organised duels, emote-fights and what not, but in W-PvP, it's just not going to be that interesting. If I wanted to stand behind a bunch of warriors, standing completely still while carefully taking shots at my targets... Well, I'd do PvE, wouldn't I?

The main appeal of PvP is the intensity of the fighting, the individual tactics and the overarching strategies. Trying to tie PvP down with rules takes away a great portion of the appeal. To me, this includes RP gear.

Different classes scale differently with gear. Some people might not have RP gear that even has a -little- of the stats they would normally have at their level. As a result, fights in "RP gear" are even less balanced than if people just use their "regular" gear.

As an example, on my Shaman, her RP gear is 80% the same as my PvE set, because these items look really good for a Shaman's RP gear. An Orc Warrior RPing a Grunt might on the other hand wear level 30-40ish Leather (to mimic Orgrimmar Grunts) for their RP gear. Now, even if he stacks "of Stamina" on all of these items, including enchants, he still won't gain more than a thousand health.

In my RP gear I can pull 10k Lava Bursts without procs or totems on a target without resilience. The Orc warrior in question, wearing nothing but low-level RP gear, would have, perhaps, 14k total health, which means I could nigh-instantly two- or three-shot him.

So okay, that might be realistic. I mean if a powerful Shaman throws an enormous bolt of molten superheated lava and lightning at an Orc, he'd probably die really quickly too. And on my part, that might be fun, since I can then do other things while he's deader than disco. The problem, of course, is that something like that isn't fun for the Orc. It'd be little more than ganking, over in a second and certainly not provide any worthwhile RP... Unless the Orc player just decided that his character should die a horrible, burning death, y'know?

Hell, PvP is never going to be realistic. And good thing, that. If it were, you'd get shot once by a stray bullet and be instantly incapacitated, spending the next 2 months in a hospital before dying of infection...

^ what meran-lol said.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 pm

To be honest, when the events are organised it should be decided if people should use pvp or rp gear, no matter what that may be. Enforcing any ruleset that 'everything should be done in rp gear' is silly. For instance, all my rp gear is either tbc-pvp gear or wrath one, what then? :p
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:59 pm

TBC pvp gear looks so much better than the current clownsuits :<

And even if everyone used their pvp gear as RP gear, the geared few would still stomp everyone.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:06 pm

we seem to have wondered off the point regarding "auto-attack only" ...again.

Alas.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassulra / Dobkins Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Cut wrote:TBC pvp gear looks so much better than the current clownsuits :<

And even if everyone used their pvp gear as RP gear, the geared few would still stomp everyone.

Ye, maybe. But people who actually pvp needs their moment to shine.

I'd just say, which Krogon also mentioned the other day in the Cult chat.
Get back the two rules only.

No coprserunning during combat
No Corpsecamping

And lets actually have some fun with wpvp.
Nassulra / Dobkins
Nassulra / Dobkins

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:24 pm

You're all korky due to not having amazing sets and design tastes like I.

Alas, you clinge to yer superman pyjamases and stroke that E-peen by dominating the lesser or more RP oriented ones!

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 2 Kryptonite
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassulra / Dobkins Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:You're all korky due to not having amazing sets and design tastes like I.

Alas, you clinge to yer superman pyjamases and stroke that E-peen by dominating the lesser or more RP oriented ones!

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 2 Kryptonite

Well the more rp orintated one's will be able to shine during regular rp, and people who do alot of pvp will have a place to shine too Wink

That said i think wpvp was awesome once, until it became something we did three times a week.. I miss campfire rp (Which is why i'm doing weekly, different and weird event's in the cult now) Sad
Nassulra / Dobkins
Nassulra / Dobkins

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Ye, maybe. But people who actually pvp needs their moment to shine.

Of course, But while we shine, other people get angry over getting destroyed in pvp, its not fun getting steamrolled(Or so I've been told).
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:17 pm

...again, de-railed from the point i was making.

forget gear, it happens and is part of what goes on, using rp gear.

Cut, imagine your only allowed to use auto-attack, opinion?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Could be fun.

Of course I'll miss my gap-closers and whatnot, but could live with it.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 pm

the servers gone insane = /
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:13 pm

RP-PvP ain't about *winning* or *owning* the other side, I don't participate in W-PvP to *win*, in fact aside from some minor honor you don't even gain anything from it. It's to RP a battle, so I will wear that Mountaineer uniform even if it's crappy.

Everyone can get RP gear, not everyone can get PvP gear, and what about the low level ones? They shouldn't come then?
Besides, both sides have agreed to stick to RP gear, wich worked fine plenty times before, provided everybody sticks to it.
You don't like it? Nobody will force you to attend and you are free to go do some BG's and arena's.

As for the auto-attack only, that was a short experiment set up to test out the seige mechanic where ranged exchanged shots from up wall and melee hold the gates, to make it *last* as sieges should be and to give more time for some RP inbteween; it's after all hard to type when you need to press a lot of buttons.

If the other side wants pure PvP gear, fine. But if not, I'll use my RP outfit no matter what, then I'll get mass AoE'd or two-shooted in style.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Whether it's RP gear only or not should simply be set by the person organising the event, simple as that. If people do not like this sort of arrangement, simply avoid the events where it doesn't suit you.

With regards to the "auto attack" situation, well. Sure it'll make things last longer, but it isn't as if the opposing forces collide once and its over, in my experience of our wpvp events at least. At the same time however, I honestly don't see the problem. If the person organising the event wanted to try the auto attack only side of things, then surely those that want to be involved should simply follow that. If you don't like it, don't bother showing up *shrug*

It's really of little consequence if you ask me, it'll make the battles -longer- but if the forces clash a few times during said event, well. I fear it might make it drag out a little too long, but thats only a potential outcome.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:26 am

The experiment proved the auto attack system doesn't drag on and both sides had fun
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 am

Thing is, if we have a rp-pvp battle, shouldn't it be at least a bit like a battle instead of two roflstorms colliding like in BGs? No offense against BGs at all, it's quite fun and I do it a lot myself, but it's another kind of fun then I'd like to have in my rp, including rp-pvp. In a rp-pvp battle I'd like to have the feeling of a real battle going on with two forces colliding, where the battle goes forth and back and where there's room for tactics, movements etc. No, you wouldn't be able to stroke your epeen by bladestorming through your enemy, and no it wouldn't come to who has the best pvp skills, but yes, imo it could be great fun, not the BG kind of fun but more the rp kind of fun which I think everyone on this forum agrees actually is fun.
And like Gogol said, after the rp-gear battle, I see no reason not to finish it with an actual pvp battle to finish it.
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 am

One could mix it up, some real fightnin then the nex clash is maade in RP clothes and abit softer. Alas, bloodshed and awesome In character, battle'field scenery.
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am

I'll still do ic w-pvp events with my awesomesauce shoulders etc, tyvm. Feel free to steamroll me, who cares really xD Chill out, it's skirmishes, you're not dying irl or "losing" much. Razz
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

1) Dont Corpse Camp
2) no Res Killing.

The Holy duo-rule of W-pvp, thats all folk need and ever have to of needed. anything else is... ... ... ... a mess of arguments about realism in a Fantasy Universe.

Last edited by Krogon on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 am

Krogon wrote:1) Dont Corpse Camp
2) no Res Killing.
^ that

I know the finger itches, but really, there's no fun in twoshotting someone who just ressed and heads back to regroup with the rest. You fuck over their game and make w-pvp less fun, by doing that, so grats on contributing negatively to w-pvp.

Same goes when an event is over and one of the two teams decides it'd be fun to jump over the other while they are leaving. It's not, really. Only shows what a sore loser you are and nothing else Smile

PS: for the sake of clarity, "you" was not adressing someone in particular Razz
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Krogon wrote:1) Dont Corpse Camp
2) no Res Killing.

The Holy duo-rule of W-pvp, thats all folk need and ever have to of needed. anything else is... ... ... ... a mess of arguments about realism in a Fantasy Universe.

That's the same thing brah. Neutral

1) No corpse camping
2) No corpse running during battle

afaik

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 pm

the corpse running one is nonsense =0

as far as i'm aware there was never any rule of the such until of late ... from somewhere.

When southshore Vs Tarren mill battles raged, you had people bouncing back and forth between both ressing, eating/drinking then jumping right back into it. like with most battles, through the covenant war in 2006, and the vanguard war in 2007/2008 and to some degree 2009 from all i've seen.

the no res-killing rule allowed people to 'corpse run' withouit fear of being two shot upon ressurection to allow them chance to eat/drink as mentioned above, and jump straight back into a fight.

this allowed battles to flow, and last longer becuase players would pop back up, so battles would drift 'around' a not too far away graveyard. so ironically, allowing corpse running keeps a battle going longer, with a fast relentless pace of an actual 'warcraft' battle.

wonder if i can find any old screenies to show it... ... ... *Searches*
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next