Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

+31
Shaelyssa
Halya
Elízabéth Moren
Zinkle Figgins
Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch
Arathoran
Gallandria
Ixirar
Garlokk
Cid
Muzjhath
Jayse
avaiel
Lini
Zhakiri
Nayan
Jomir
Ledgic
Dorik Thunderbelly
Nassulra / Dobkins
Wubeh
Geldar
Raelo/Lucanor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lexius
Gogol
(Goggy) - Exilius
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Cathee Norris
Krogon Devilstep
35 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Geldar Sat May 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Chase wrote:
Jomir Howlhammer wrote:This just solves every problem on this topic

Expect those who can't be bothered levelling up to max level to complain about being much, much worse than everyone else. I expect "We shouldn't wear any gear in the official slots but only gear in the vanity slots so no one has any stats" whines to come up by the people who can't be bothered investing time into their characters but still want to be considered as badass as everyone else. :/

Such double standarts should be ignored and put aside as hypocrisy to be honest. Theoreticaly speaking, if this occurs with the Vanity slots and the case you described above, I raise this question to you:

Why would anyone need to agree and not only that but not use their hard earned gear just because there would be a handfull of people who wont move their fingers even to acquire basic gear which would give them enough survivability to enjoy the full extend of such events because they are lazy or do not have time to get it, and not only that but want to be 'badass' and to be achive that they need to lower everyone else to their level of gear?

One of the answers that comes to my mind in this situation with the Vanity slots is the following: Tough luck, stop beeing lazy and spend a few hours in Battlegrounds because the new system gives you a retarded amount of honor. I honestly grinded all the gear needed for my mage in a handful of AV`s and I am the very definition of casual and lazy when it comes to gear.

Disclaimer: From what I have noticed from many guilds both on Horde and on Alliance, all their members have quite similar gear when it comes to quality (we`re speaking about level 80`s charecters) so I do not see what the problem is really, those that do not have the gear required are just a handful of people and I am sure that if they invest some more time even if its 2-3 BG`s a day they will catch up PRETTY damned fast with the new system.

And now PS: Also for the fact that in certain events between the Horde and Alliance there will be a heavy RP scenario which needs to be followed the Vanity slots will help alot for the immersion as people will visually have the same gear. It really all comes down to the rules laid by the organisers, not the gear people have/do not have. As after all, its just a matter of perception. If you want to have fun on a event, be it wpvp or a RP(pvp) event, what matters is the mindset you go to the event with. If you go in with a mindset to have fun, it doesnt matter as you will have fun no matter the outcome, but if you go with a mindset that you have to win no matter what, you will only get frustrated when things do not go your way. Be it with PvP gear, or with RP gear.

So, verdict: Chill the fuck out, follow what the organisers lay infront of you as a plan, if you cant handle it stay away and dont cause a mess and ruin the fun for everyone else, be it a PvP event, a RPPvP event, or a RP event. People are here to enjoy the game, not constantly deal with the shitstorms unhappy people who like to victimise themselfs cause because they are bad at everything or are too lazy to improve themselfs in any way possible.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Rp or PVP gear discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Rp or PVP gear discussion thread

Post by Arathoran Mon May 03, 2010 8:01 am

Geldar Speaks the Truth, you should listen to him Very Happy
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7