Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

+33
Millana
Quin
Antistia
Raviran / Reynar
Morgeth
Rasonal Dranger
Sir Lancelot
Cid
Kristeas Sunbinder
Mordazan
Zinkle Figgins
Melnerag
Zhakiri
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Jomir
Tírius
Gogol
Unathi
Geldar
William Helmsley
Gabriel Delaney
Mandui
Gunnell
itsy
Cathee Norris
Mallea/Trollmeat
Lavian
Valerias
Eloresh
Thonian/Gashwille/Markyth
Magaskawee/Anaei
Chrystan
Meralynn / Ashla
37 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. - Page 6 Empty Re: The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Well, I suppose a Human would know more about backstabbing than me, your people have experience after all.

I would like to call in a witness who may not agree, you may know of it, its name starts with an M.

Anyhow let's not go further off topic.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: William Helmsley
Title: Lord Helmsley's heir

Back to top Go down

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. - Page 6 Empty Re: The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 pm

I don't have to be worried that you bought the witness, you humans are to cheap and greedy for that.

And I think this thread needed a breather.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Alright. Try to keep the thread clean of youtube-clips and witty images, keep a good tone, and so forth. All that stuff that's kind of self-explanatory.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:05 pm

I like my witty images better that the shitty argument here.

Roleplayers are 10% of WoW users, we are besieged by OOCtards from all sides, and yet some idiots still argue over RP events.

WTF?

Stop biting each other and just ENJOY THE FUCKIN' GAME!
Is it really that hard?

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Grugni/Rhodgar/Drakenhof wrote:I like my witty images better that the shitty argument here.

Roleplayers are 10% of WoW users, we are besieged by OOCtards from all sides, and yet some idiots still argue over RP events.

WTF?

Stop biting each other and just ENJOY THE FUCKIN' GAME!
Is it really that hard?

10%? I find that hard to believe, 10% on RP/RP-PvP servers maybe, but less than 50% of those are RPers I'd say. And well, it should not come as a surprise that there are tons of "tards" among RPers as well. People will always disagree and therefor there will always be conflict.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:19 pm

I love how people pull % numbers out of their ass like that. Rolling Eyes

Yeah not getting involved in this arguement though. I wasn't even there guarding it. Just flaming their clothes to who attacked me. Razz
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 pm

I really am suprised that most people think that OOC knowing of everything that is going to happen is to be kept on both sides, ain't that just boring?

I mean, did the guards ever /w us "Okay we're now going to charge into you're bar with like 20 men and arrest everyone suspicious" before doing that? RP is all about suprises, seeing where it will end up.

I only ask for permission when i am about to kill someone or do major damage, like cougin an eye out. Being able to control things eventually gets boring and you lose all fun in RP.

If shields dont want to inform the council about they're -vacation-, then they dont have to. It's more interesting to see what will the council do now that the shields have left.

Ignoring something that has happened allready IC is just being a poor loser. Just because you're not happy about the outcome does not mean you have any right to just ignore it and move on. You will just have to survive it and start restoring / rebuilding things up IC.

P.S. If this drama prob was allrdy solved then sry, i just read the first two pages as i am lazy....

Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Having all minor details known is boring, yes, knowing that something will be going on so that people have the opportunity to set aside time to be online is another thing entirely. Especially seeing as it was a friday night and many people are likely to have other plans.

Additionally, I have yet to hear any response to the fact that criminals were spreading IC Shields propaganda. Anyone care to do so?
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Netherian Helmsley wrote:Additionally, I have yet to hear any response to the fact that criminals were spreading IC Shields propaganda. Anyone care to do so?

I can. They want us back and love the RP with us. I'm happy to hear they glorify us.

<3 you guys.

Anyway, from what I understand everyone is taking the event ICly and everyone had alot of fun, except for the people that weren't involved, such as Netherian, Julia etc. etc. That only means that -if- they were involved, they would have had fun too.

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:32 pm

It is also OOC behavior. Either that or they feel the Shields leave them more alone, which reeks of corruption.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Netherian Helmsley wrote:It is also OOC behavior. Either that or they feel the Shields leave them more alone, which reeks of corruption.

Or, y'know, they just find the replacement guards poor and bad and love to make a mockery of them by stating their failure as compared to the Shields, in their eyes, making further fun of them? They make fun of us all the time too, apparently this is very effective for you.

I'm not stating the replacement guards ARE bad, I'm stating in the eyes of the criminals they might be and that is why they get mocked so hardcore?

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Never said it bothers me or that I care in that sense. I just find it ridiculous, having "worse" guards would be celebrated by any sensible criminal.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:
Netherian Helmsley wrote:It is also OOC behavior. Either that or they feel the Shields leave them more alone, which reeks of corruption.

Or, y'know, they just find the replacement guards poor and bad and love to make a mockery of them by stating their failure as compared to the Shields, in their eyes, making further fun of them? They make fun of us all the time too, apparently this is very effective for you.

I'm not stating the replacement guards ARE bad, I'm stating in the eyes of the criminals they might be and that is why they get mocked so hardcore?

Guarding was never for me anyway. Rolling Eyes

Did this back in the DoL days on Venora. It quickly lost its charm.

Though I can say in the shields absence I have enjoyed toying with Thelthas everytime he has been brought in. When you return.....Can I keep him? Sad
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Just going to wade in here real quick, don't want nothing to do with this, really, but it has an effect on moral too, you shouldn't forget that Neth.
That it is harder to think of a IC reason for someone doesn't mean there's an OOC reason.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Netherian Helmsley wrote:Never said it bothers me or that I care in that sense. I just find it ridiculous, having "worse" guards would be celebrated by any sensible criminal.

It's common mockery. We deal with it ALL the time, except we instantly fine them and kick their ass.

Anyway, we'll try to show some moderation in the future. However, the whole point of the organized crime-wave was that it came as a hard-core suprise, that the guards were unprepared and that we were taking advantage of the situation by not telling them. We weren't even interested in a clash with ALL the guards who had then pre-prepared themselves, that would be stupid. Plus telling the guards OOCly beforehand would have lead to metagaming as they would have ICly prepared, wich is not realistic, since it should come as a huge suprise.

Also, according to you the Shields are being glorified. So what? So what if we are? It's all just in-character roleplay and should be kept to that in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:40 pm

So let me ask, if a massive surprise peasant riot came to stab your character to death with pitchforks, you would be cool with that and let it happen?
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Netherian Helmsley wrote:So let me ask, if a massive surprise peasant riot came to stab your character to death with pitchforks, you would be cool with that and let it happen?

No character deaths were created without OOC affirmation. Wounded, yes. Death? No. And IF people died, that would be by their own choice.

Anyway, according to you we should discuss ALL roleplay before hand, because a fight might always lead to someones character getting hurt? So no-one can attack anyone anymore? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:43 pm

I like how you are both quite in the middle of some rather controversial rp and then go to bash eachother. I was going to call you douchebags but I think hypocrites would be more suitable
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 pm

It is annoying though, logically IC, we would've all been there, most likely predicting and preparing for an influx in crime since the Shields left...It's just so annoying when realism ingame, is defeated by realism inlife.
-Me

Aye, that's true. Realistically all the guards would've been in place - we just didn't want to risk having a lot more guards than normal to deal with, potentially stopping us from really getting anywhere. So I guess to some extent it was a lose-lose situation for us.
-Tirius.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Stating Sophyra's reason for 'backing' the shields. Imagine you are an evil temptress, and you have a choice of supporting or wanting gone the guard regiment of drunk, naked-dancing, fun-having, easy-to-impress lads. Better than those puritan Disciples! (ps: Sophyra also supports Arathor, for same reasons Very Happy)
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Quin wrote:I like how you are both quite in the middle of some rather controversial rp and then go to bash eachother. I was going to call you douchebags but I think hypocrites would be more suitable

Care to elaborate?

As for the post above. I never said that. I am however saying that large scale events generally turn out more enjoyable for all parties if they are aware of it happening beforehand.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Now you're just being silly. They may damage things and people, but they don't kill unless the victim agrees to.

EDIT: Wow, many posts that came while I was writing.

Last edited by Cid on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Cid wrote:Now you're just being silly. They may damage things and people, but they don't kill unless the victim agrees to.

I was exaggerating to make a point.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Netherian Helmsley wrote:Care to elaborate?

As for the post above. I never said that. I am however saying that large scale events generally turn out more enjoyable for all parties if they are aware of it happening beforehand.

Except you weren't a party and Julia wasn't a party.

Also, the people that WERE actually involved with the event and an active party seemed to have enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Nygarth wrote:
It is annoying though, logically IC, we would've all been there, most likely predicting and preparing for an influx in crime since the Shields left...It's just so annoying when realism ingame, is defeated by realism inlife.
-Me

ICly all 100 Shields would be online always. ICly all 80 members of all crime-guilds would have been online and the whole thing would have been EVEN bigger. So the same thing stands, you cannot have everyone online at all times, this counts for both sides. Guards -and- criminals.

Also for those involved, it's pretty dramaish yeah, but it's in no way a flame fest in my eyes, just a discussion. But since people have different opinions, that they most likely won't change, it's just opinion v. opinion and both sides laying down arguments.

Last edited by Mansfield Ath on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next