Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

+33
Millana
Quin
Antistia
Raviran / Reynar
Morgeth
Rasonal Dranger
Sir Lancelot
Cid
Kristeas Sunbinder
Mordazan
Zinkle Figgins
Melnerag
Zhakiri
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Jomir
Tírius
Gogol
Unathi
Geldar
William Helmsley
Gabriel Delaney
Mandui
Gunnell
itsy
Cathee Norris
Mallea/Trollmeat
Lavian
Valerias
Eloresh
Thonian/Gashwille/Markyth
Magaskawee/Anaei
Chrystan
Meralynn / Ashla
37 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. Empty The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Hello there everyone!
Please keep this thread free from flaming, immaturity and drama. Let us have a nice, mature discussion about the past things that happened. First of all let me explain what we did and why.

1.) We left Stormwind for a short duration of time to have an expedition

Biggest reason:

To have some fun, different kind of RP with our guild. Being a guard in the city is fun, indeed. But it easily gets repetetive. Other guilds may do things that offer them a change from the everyday RP, why shouldn't we? It also makes sense IC that a soldier regiment has survivability training and similar to keep the soldiers in shape. Please do not punish us OOC for what we are IC! We deserve some fun too, don't we?

What went wrong:

Maybe I should have contacted the council about this some time ahead and given them a heads up. I am sorry, I actually didn't think about that. And once I got into the planning and Mansfield and I started to talk it over OOC we got so excited that we wanted to go ASAP. It was an OOC mistake, maybe.

Second biggest reason, though not even a FIFTH the size of the first:
We often receive complaints IC and OOC on how we play guards. Most of those complaints, especially the IC ones, are that we are being too rough. We admit that we realised that other guilds would guard the city while we were away and that we thought that it could be a nice side-effect to show them what it is like to be in our shoes.

What went wrong:
Well, I can't really see that we did anything wrong here. Not having those feelings would be weird, wouldn't it?

2.) We made a criminal alt guild.

Biggest reason:
The thought was actually pretty nice behind this. We thought that with the main guards out of town criminals would take their chance and dance on the table. We wanted to be a part of this as it sounded like fun. So we made an alt guild and an event to be criminals together with our friends in the guild and RP together with our friends in the main criminal guilds too, as we have good OOC relations with them.

What went wrong:
Well, obviously no one may tell anyone else that they may not roll alts or RP a certain kind of character.

Basically we were very careful to tell everyone that RP rules would still fully apply whatever they did. Obviously some parts of the community did not understand our motives. I must say that I am disappointed on how people reacted on this. The last thing we wanted was drama about this.

We are having a damn good time on our expedition and bonding very, very nicely and build relations IC. (ahahaha)
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. Empty Re: The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Reposting to what even lead to this unneeded discussion of proper RP.
I believe the main issue was we didn't run it by the council and didn't get their approval for anything we did because they were unaware.

Julia wrote:*Julia reads her letter while walking the calm streets of Stormwind*

Tonight? Nothing more then usual far as I've seen. The guards we put in are doing a good enough job.

*She shrugs and sticks the letter in her pocket*

OOC: Yes I'm not going to acknowledge the events tonight as I don't find them anything else then OOC. Glad to hear that people had fun but I still don't think that changes that fact.

OOC:

Julia: Hur hur, lets ignore ALL crime-guilds. <The Dark Sphere> <The Forlorn Cartel> <Rapid Pirates> <Ravenholdt Syndicate> and 10 more people. Oh, lets also ignore <The Old Town Syndicate> <Kingdom of Arathor> the <Disciples of Light> <The Chapter of holy Anethion>.

They all RP'd with the event and had fun, it was COMPLETLY IC in -every- way. But I guess if you don't run stuff past the council it's going to be ignored by our RP overlords? There was no metagaming, no poweremoting, full IC planning.

Also, isn't the whole Bloodwind campaign, like EVERY SINGLE GUILD on the server leaving SW for a week to do W-PvP leaving the WHOLE city unguarded too? As in unguarded like.. no-one was in SW for AGES? Why don't people sent an IC letter: "Bloodwind hosting a warcampaign leaving the city unprotected, because they took every single good-guild on the server with them, leaving SW literally, with not a single guard!". <-- An example, I loved the Bloodwind event but I find it a lil silly the Blazing Shields are apparently SO important to RP that they cannot host events w/o apparently abandoning the city.

We are having alot of fun on our campaign.

Cheers to the OOCers!:

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. Oocerswat.th

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabriel Delaney wrote:I've had it with your immature attitude Blaight. Do you get a hard on from mentioning Bloodwind in every whine post you make? We have 60 active members, you seem to have issues with 1 or 2 but you keep mentioning the guild as a whole.

Think about that next time you contact us when you're being man handled by the horde.

You are completly right and I apologize, I'll remove the Bloodwind part. I did go out of line because each time Bloodwind seems to be involved in the anti-us thing, you guys have an awesome guild with awesome planned events and we thank you for all the aid you provided us. Those 1-2 major elitists in your guild should indeed not bring the whole thing down, as I am unrighteously tagging your whole guild. I'll try to avoid it.

Mallea/Trollmeat wrote:Tad arrogant, but carry on.

Yeah, sorry. Such things really just piss me off. All we do and try to do is stimulate and make non-stop awesome RP, but just because we don't play by the councils' rules they feel the need to flame and insult us whenever they get the chance, IC and OOCly. It's really tiring since we ARE a good guild that does super much good things, I recieve nothing but compliments from the RP community personally, but except of course the council.

Mallea/Trollmeat wrote:That comment wasn't directed at you, don't worry!

------------------

We just want to be able to RP our things and events too. If <Bloodwind> <Kingdom of Arathor> -and- <The Disciples of Light> in coalition with <Cell> and some <Dwarven Rifle Squad> all together cannot replace the work <The Blazing Shields> does then I find that very silly. We left, you guys assigned a TON of new guards, even more people then we have in our guild, so where is the real issue? In what way is this event OOC? I dont understand all this hatred.

Last edited by Mansfield Ath on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. Empty Re: The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

Post by Chrystan Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:38 pm

Just like to say I LIKE the Blazing Shields a lot, even if IC Dahian finds them a bit... Simple.

And I personally thought it gave some great RP tonight and having the guards go away shook things up really well, and as I posted in my thread, this could lead to some great follow on RP, if people are interested, not to say we ahve to kick Shields out. If nothing else, the Council could be corrupt and just take money off the Shields so they can stay as Guards, I don't know, but thought it would be fun.

I thought your little alt-guild was fun tonight I really did, and I enjoy any P with the Shields myself, you've made a good guild there!
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Dahian wrote:Just like to say I LIKE the Blazing Shields a lot, even if IC Dahian finds them a bit... Simple.

And I personally thought it gave some great RP tonight and having the guards go away shook things up really well, and as I posted in my thread, this could lead to some great follow on RP, if people are interested, not to say we ahve to kick Shields out. If nothing else, the Council could be corrupt and just take money off the Shields so they can stay as Guards, I don't know, but thought it would be fun.

I thought your little alt-guild was fun tonight I really did, and I enjoy any P with the Shields myself, you've made a good guild there!

Thank you. That was our whole point. That IS our whole point.

All we want to do is supply the people with RP, lots of RP. And we usually manage quite well. We've hosted alot of public events, attended alot of RP things. We just don't feel the need to run it by the council, because we do not see ourselves as the councils' lapdogs. We are our own guild, our own RPers and we can organize whatever event we want, whenever we want, and we don't even need approval in my eyes, because it's RP. And everyone is free to RP as they wish. As long as we keep it realistic, within the law and keep it fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 pm

The only thing I have to say about that event was that it was just like the riots, level 1 alts to mask the IC identities of others. However I really cannot be bothered to aruge therefore I wasen't present and don't have all the details.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Thank you Dahian!

But i can't see any reasons to why the Shields would get any blame for this IC. I actually don't think anyone should get the IC blame except for that filthy pack of criminals!
Because why should you blame the Shields for not being there when so many other guilds were assigned with the guard duties? Wouldn't the crime spree be their responsibility then? Smile

*wrote the above part with a smile and not in any ways meaning it offensive*
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:The only thing I have to say about that event was that it was just like the riots, level 1 alts to mask the IC identities of others. However I really cannot be bothered to aruge therefore I wasen't present and don't have all the details.

There was not a single level 1 in the whole event. At all. The lowest levels was one level 7 and one level 8. The rest were all high levels of respectable and well-known and long-lasting crime-guilds, save for the crime-guild we made with MOSTLY level 20+ players w/ defias masks etc and even some level 70's. All w/ proper flag RSP's, descriptions, GHI's and background stories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thonian/Gashwille/Markyth Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:51 pm

I liked this event a lot, Thanks to The Shields, Ravenholdt, Forlorn Cartel, Rapid Pirates, Dark Sphere etc etc. I had a very good time when Rping this. Got a real feeling of chaos and despair when I walked around the city, trying to help. I really don't see what the problem was. I heard someone write in /1 (Several times I might add) that this was going to happen and it was bad, everyone were going to power emote and so on and so forth! I won't deny that some did, but that always happens when lots of Rpers gather.

What I missed was the guards, they seemed to come after most of the event was done. But this is nitpicking. I enjoyed this event very much and I will thank you to all who planned/participated.

Character sheet
Name: Thonian the Tyrrean
Title: Vanquisher of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 pm

I want to share my point of view of the situation, and I repeat, it is MY, and only MY point of view:

ICly: Being the Shields, the main guard-squad on the city, makes you guys have rights, and obligations too. One of them, is secure the city, no matter how you do it, that is your job, right? You guys after all RP guard-mode on. I of course am not saying that you guys cant make events of your own, and leave the city when ever the fuck you want, of course you can, but when you do so, you should also take the consequences of your actions (yes, I know guards from other guilds were left behind, but it seems that was not enough, and the consequences go to you guys, SW main guards guild), dont you think?

OOCly: All this drama, mansfield, came cause of your "fine and well chosen words" when you replied to Julia, and all the next posts, thats all. At least that is how I see it, you didnt think what you were writing, and the effect it was going to have. Not only that, not only you directly "attacked" Julia, you also went against all Bloodwind, and the council itself. I dont know why or where does this hatred come from, you know my relation with you OOCly is good (that is what I think at least...) and so it is with a lot of other council members (separate IC from OOC...). Dont pack everyone in one group, and think before you write something that can cause a hell lot of drama...

Oh by the way, this is not a post against you guys, (actually, im a big fan of the shields, even if you dont believe it...) its more like a point of view from someone from the outside, that wishes to share his point of view of the situation, and help all this drama fade away...
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:00 am

Shields get the blame IC'ly from Dahian because he can't beleive that they left to go on a trip when it's not like they have nothing to do normally!

It's not meant in any sort of Shields bashing way of course!
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:08 am

Actually, I'd just like to second everything that Eloresh said, 'cause I feel the same way. There's no 'the council thinks' in this situation, either, because we all have our very own opinions and feelings. Please remember that!

As to the event tonight (which is the only thing I want to get into right now >>), I was surprised that it went well, but what I saw of it -- which admittedly was only the crazy madness in the Blade -- was actually reasonably okay, interesting, and provided RP. Apart from the emote-spam madness which is somewhat inevitable, and one or two people ignoring emotes and injures even when prodded, there are no complaints from me. I like seeing the Blade live up to its rough reputation!

Oh and whoever was playing that redrobed warlock ringleader bloke, thank you for whispering me. I appreciated the chance to talk it over!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 am

The fun I got out of this was being on my warlock ICly during all of it. So I got to roast the buggers who tried to assault me. I don't even know who the shields-on-alts-were so I can't comment on them. Very Happy
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:12 am

Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:I don't even know who the shields-on-alts-were so I can't comment on them. Very Happy

Um yeah, me either.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:12 am

Aniane/Rohwyn wrote:
Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:I don't even know who the shields-on-alts-were so I can't comment on them. Very Happy

Um yeah, me either.

I believe that would be the Bloodhound gang.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:12 am

Aniane/Rohwyn wrote:Oh and whoever was playing that redrobed warlock ringleader bloke, thank you for whispering me. I appreciated the chance to talk it over!

That would be me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:14 am

Btw stop poking me on your BW hate. It gets old. :Sad
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:39 am

I don't see there being any reason behind the event what so ever, then to glorify the Shields and making it seem like Stormwind is completely defenseless without them, which is why I find the event to be an event based on OOC.

That is my opinion only, not the Councils and whether that is true or not well.. This is how I feel. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:51 am

Julia wrote:I don't see there being any reason behind the event what so ever, then to glorify the Shields and making it seem like Stormwind is completely defenseless without them, which is why I find the event to be an event based on OOC.

That is my opinion only, not the Councils and whether that is true or not well.. This is how I feel. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Or just.. people having fun roleplaying?

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:53 am

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:
Julia wrote:I don't see there being any reason behind the event what so ever, then to glorify the Shields and making it seem like Stormwind is completely defenseless without them, which is why I find the event to be an event based on OOC.

Or just.. people having fun roleplaying?

People having fun in video games??? Get the fuck outta here son
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:53 am

Yes that was totally the intention. That's why only one side got to be let in to plan it, or have a word about it, or even say whether or not they thought it was a good idea.

I remain unconvinced.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:56 am

I think that, considering the rarity with which the Shields leave the confines of SW, an event in which the criminal elements of the city take advantage of their departure is perfectly resonable. Of course it glorifies the Shields to an extent, but no more than, say, the DRS campaign in the Ghostlands glorified the Rifles. And while these events do show their organisers in a positive light, they're always primarily set up for fun all around.

And from what I've seen, fun was had.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 am

but if you want to be unconvinced then by all means carry on
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 am

Julia wrote:Yes that was totally the intention. That's why only one side got to be let in to plan it, or have a word about it, or even say whether or not they thought it was a good idea.

I remain unconvinced.

See here it comes again: Why do they have to plan it with the "other side"? Why does everything have to be done out and the events scripted beforehand? Why do they have to get YOUR opinion on whether you think THEIR rp event is a "good idea" or not? It sounds to me like people had fun, and that's all that really matters.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 am

Because otherwise it is forcing your RP on someone Razz Like they tell us we do to them.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:59 am

Get me America on the line, there's a conspiracy going on here that makes 9/11 look like a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next