Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

+33
Millana
Quin
Antistia
Raviran / Reynar
Morgeth
Rasonal Dranger
Sir Lancelot
Cid
Kristeas Sunbinder
Mordazan
Zinkle Figgins
Melnerag
Zhakiri
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Jomir
Tírius
Gogol
Unathi
Geldar
William Helmsley
Gabriel Delaney
Mandui
Gunnell
itsy
Cathee Norris
Mallea/Trollmeat
Lavian
Valerias
Eloresh
Thonian/Gashwille/Markyth
Magaskawee/Anaei
Chrystan
Meralynn / Ashla
37 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. - Page 5 Empty Re: The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:40 am

Zinkle Figgins wrote:
Yet the event has been seen as purely OOC by many.

Regarding not having informed you, why should have we? To have us steamrolled, once gathered dozens of people? And trust me, I don't write this to claim that you would, but because I know some of the things, let's say, that happened in the background.
And also, did anyone inform us that Bloodwind, Disciples and KoA guys were going to become the new guards, not giving us enough time to contact them and know their policy about arrests, imprisonment and punishment?

If they didn't, then they should have. I'm not writing this to be hypocritical, in actual fact I'm just rather peeved that I missed out on this, which is why we should've had more and better OOC communication. Isn't that what this forum is for?

And to comment on the 'steamrolling', when for starters...I think you would've outnumbered us, with the amount of shady guilds I've heard were involved, not to mention the Bloodhound Gang, you would've still outnumbered us.

--

To Tirius, I wanted to be 'prepared', so I wouldn't have missed it and in turn given you a better reception and more RP. It's win win, OOC organization is a win win situation. So do it.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

The discussion about the Shields gathers here. - Page 5 Empty Re: The discussion about the Shields gathers here.

Post by Tírius Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:50 am

Nygarth wrote:
To Tirius, I wanted to be 'prepared', so I wouldn't have missed it and in turn given you a better reception and more RP. It's win win, OOC organization is a win win situation. So do it.

Well then I can completely understand why you're annoyed. I ended up missing the main bulk of the event too, and I was somewhat disappointed I couldn't make it as well. I'm sure that if we'd warned you a week in advance, you would've pulled together a force greater than ours - I recall reading a matter of minutes ago a post stating Bloodwind has 60 active members; that's more than we had when we put all of our men together, not to mention the Arathorians and other guilds acting as guards. To be honest, we just wanted to avoid being completely obliterated by a massive force of armed soldiers that were conveniently around at that specific time Razz I'm surprised by all the OOC drama, I mean, is it -really- that important? It was a single one hour event :S Imo, people need to relax about the whole thing; the vast majority of those involved seemed to enjoy it, and I've received whispers in-game from people stating they had a good time.
Tírius
Tírius

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:54 am

Agreed on the most part, Tirius. Bloodwind has 60 active members, but a fraction of them are active RPers and thus guards...So I don't really think it would've happened, but I suppose it might have and the event might've been ruined. I just wish I was there, I'm sure it was enjoyable even if fustrating for the guards and/or criminals.

It is annoying though, logically IC, we would've all been there, most likely predicting and preparing for an influx in crime since the Shields left...It's just so annoying when realism ingame, is defeated by realism inlife.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tírius Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:57 am

Aye, that's true. Realistically all the guards would've been in place - we just didn't want to risk having a lot more guards than normal to deal with, potentially stopping us from really getting anywhere. So I guess to some extent it was a lose-lose situation for us.
Tírius
Tírius

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:58 am

Hence my quip at selfishness, but I suppose it's fair enough. You just wanted to have fun and take advantage of the situation. I just wish I was there, Nygarth in a proper guarding situation...I can imagine him just waltzing in and hacking people, not caring about proper procedure ;P
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:01 am

Nygarth wrote:Hence my quip at selfishness, but I suppose it's fair enough. You just wanted to have fun and take advantage of the situation. I just wish I was there, Nygarth in a proper guarding situation...I can imagine him just waltzing in and hacking people, not caring about proper procedure ;P

You guys turned highlanders, altar boys and PvPers into guards and it's us those who take advantage from situation?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:03 am

Desperate times, calls for desperate measures.

In essence, they called upon the two most militaristic human guilds (with the absense of the Shields), and a guild that in the past was the main guarding group. Not so long ago, it was DoL and the Shields that worked together alot, so they're hardly altar boys.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:06 am

Nygarth wrote:Desperate times, calls for desperate measures.

In essence, they called upon the two most militaristic human guilds (with the absense of the Shields), and a guild that in the past was the main guarding group. Not so long ago, it was DoL and the Shields that worked together alot, so they're hardly altar boys.

I wouldn't dare to be so harsh if I didn't see them in action.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:06 am

They're obviously out of touch Wink

As I said, I just wish I was there.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:09 am

Holy crap guys, I've never seen a flame/whine/harsh discussion/whatever thread grow this long so fast O.o

I havn't read the discussion, so I can't comment on anything there.

I had loads of fun at the event yesterday and I know the participants from the Sphere had aswell. I was great to attend to an event as guests. Can't wait for the next one Smile

Special thanks to Lexius for going along with a beat-up :p

Last edited by Mordazan on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:10 am

Nygarth wrote:They're obviously out of touch Wink

As I said, I just wish I was there.
Don't get me wrong, good RPers and everything, but being a guard is just not for everyone, as these past days demonstrated and as the concerned people tasted.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 am

Unfortunately, due to lack of information and common courtesy. I never had that chance. Thanks for that.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:12 am

Netherian Helmsley wrote: It is fairly sad how people seem to care more about their personal prestige and comfort than making an effort to create more quality RP for the general population. This seems to be a tendency on the server as of late, and until recently I believed it was largely a horde phenomenon.

Is this the part where I smack you with a white powdered glove and say "Guns at dawn"?
Not that familiar with noble fancy stuff.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:14 am

Wow, lots of flames in this thread. All I can say is I enjoyed the event despite me logging in right in the middle of it, being confused as hell at start. But I managed through observation and improvisation skills. I dragged a wounded dwarf to our embassy for treatment, I guarded the door to said embassy in case any rioteers tried to break in. I had loads of fun!

I can honestly not see why all this hate came up at all. I can only agree with what Gogol said:
"Personally I consider the entire "criminal-event" as a IC one, and that it should not be ignored.
As long as the RP rules are accepted and respected, why would it not be okay.
Seen those argue against this that them selves have more than one IC character.

Do I like the Shields? Yes."

So why the hell are you being such whinebags about it? A fun event was had, lots of action to be found, excitement in good amounts. Why so whiny?
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:17 am

Just to clarify, for my own personal confirmation.

My grief, is with not being able to join in...Not the event, or whatever other people whined about :3 It sounded like a ton of fun, so organization with both parties would've spread the fun.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:56 am

This drama thread got officially pwnd by me!

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thonian/Gashwille/Markyth Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 am

Well played, sir. Well played, indeed.

Character sheet
Name: Thonian the Tyrrean
Title: Vanquisher of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:40 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Netherian Helmsley wrote: It is fairly sad how people seem to care more about their personal prestige and comfort than making an effort to create more quality RP for the general population. This seems to be a tendency on the server as of late, and until recently I believed it was largely a horde phenomenon.

Is this the part where I smack you with a white powdered glove and say "Guns at dawn"?
Not that familiar with noble fancy stuff.

Well yes, but only here:

Sue me for being out of touch with things, I am speaking mostly from experience with the campaign not so long ago.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:44 am

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:47 am

Entirely too many things to quote so I won't be doing that. First of all, someone mentioned that "replacement guards were arranged", while that is true, it isn't the whole truth. We had to organize ourselves given very little time. It has been said "but there was a thread about the shields leaving Stormwind", true, there was, but acting on that ICly would have been metagaming. So we had 2-3 days warning from a chance encounter to muster people and have them online. As a result, ignoring or not, I myself would not have been able to attend yesterday due to IRL commitments. People are also going ballistic over me (and others) assuming that some of the motivation behind this stuff is Shields propaganda. I'll put one more piece of evidence, if you want to call it that, on the table. Known criminal RPers have been going around ICly saying stuff like "it was much better when the shields were around" and alike. Someone might care to comment on that as to me it seems to make no sense from an IC standpoint. And people are wrong to assume that the event was OOC, OOC inspired, I believe, was the expression used, I still see it as such for various reasons I have pointed out. I will still stand by that, as if you simply wanted the event to be fun, I do not see why you would not inform the other side that something will be going on, which in turn would very likely spawn greater amounts of people to participate and appreciate such an event. So to me it feels like the reason behind not informing the other side is to have increased success. If there is another reason though, please do point it out.

As for crime guilds not being informed about the replacement guards, I will take some criticism on that despite there being little time and me being busy to the neck with both in-game and IRL stuff. An issue of the Roaring Lion was posted on it, though, unfortunately no sooner than an hour or two after the Shields had left. Perhaps it could have been done sooner, but as said people have other commitments as well and we did have very little time to prepare.

Lastly, Kristeas, I much prefer swords.

Last edited by Netherian Helmsley on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: William Helmsley
Title: Lord Helmsley's heir

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:49 am

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:

This has offically made me happier. Gunnell, can this be our themetune when we're alone in those bushes? cat
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Netherian Helmsley wrote:
Lastly, Kristeas, I much prefer swords.

And you call yourself noble? *sniffs* I suppose I shouldn't have expected more from a human brute *flicks hair looking fabulous*
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:And you call yourself noble? *sniffs* I suppose I shouldn't have expected more from a human brute *flicks hair looking fabulous*

Would never trust a blood elf to not turn around and plant one in my back after the first couple of steps.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: William Helmsley
Title: Lord Helmsley's heir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Well, I suppose a Human would know more about backstabbing than me, your people have experience after all.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:55 pm

I like where this is going..

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next