Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March

+35
Paia/Jenit
Odgan / Keag
Samian/Bismack
Dyone
Vardrek/Burgen
Thondalar Stormleaf
Feral / Blackfall
Tantzui
Allonia_Miral
Calisar
Amaryl
Helmut
Rae Wulfgnar
Ixirar
Zinkle Figgins
Officer High Morale
Terenus
Sanara
enderas
Obataiye
Scrimjaw
Lavian
Rin-Lin
Krogon Devilstep
Elrua
siegmund
Littlepip
Kyph
Eldiros
Rargnasha
Cid
Urièl
Baji
erwtenpeller
Skarain
39 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 2 Empty Re: Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:39 am

Kyph wrote:

Oh, and if anyone needs to add anything roguish (either faction) let me know and I'll try to arrange it.

I think thats what Helmut would be organising. I am sure you two can work something together. Smile
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 2 Empty Re: Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March

Post by Kyph Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:55 am

Clara Dawson wrote:
Kyph wrote:

Oh, and if anyone needs to add anything roguish (either faction) let me know and I'll try to arrange it.

I think thats what Helmut would be organising. I am sure you two can work something together. Smile

Right! I just meant that if I'm online and anybody needs anything just /w!
Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet
Name: Kyph
Title: Stormwind Assassins Trainer

Back to top Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 2 Empty Stormwind Assassins - Day 1 report

Post by Kyph Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Three notable events have occurred today.

- Guards at Venture Bay notified of the presence of a giant bat flying over the base currently contested, and after confirmation of being a Horde scout -a troll druid- an agent was sent immediately. The spy was located observing from the top of the mast of a ship, so the rogue climbed from behind and dealt with him before he could get support from other Horde units in the area. Inspection of the corpse showed insignias from the Blood Wolf Clan.

- Contact with another agent sent to monitor the activities at Vengeance Landing was lost. Last information indicated the disembarkment of troops from the Horde faction known as Thirst, but no further details have been received, so everything indicates the agent has been compromised and is now dead or worse.

- High activity has been observed at Conquest Hold. A large detachment from the Shaterskull Marauders was seen, although it was not possible to obtain details about the reason for the presence of this task force. However a small delegation was followed by one of our assassins leaving the fortress towards Camp Winterhoof, intercepting them shortly before reaching their destination. One of the ambassadors was killed and the assassin left the scene with only minor wounds, however unable to retrieve any documents. Further monitoring of the activity at the Taunka outpost from the hills revealed the nature of the travel: the Blood Knight Order is already operating in the Fjord, as four of their paladins had a meeting with the delegation for several hours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Kyph on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Cheers for an interesting scouting report, Kyph. Added to the Campaign Progression, under 16th day.

Communication Channels:
Alliance - /join WarFjord
Horde - /join NorthrendCampaign

Expect action tomorrow.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:01 am

Nice RP and duels tonight, evened out quite a bit more than I'd thought it would do.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:22 am

Love the report, Kyph.
I will have one, with screens, from the BKO's POV up later.
Currently on my phone, just wanted to appreciate the report! Very Happy
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://gou-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrimjaw Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Hey, during the day or at low activity times I may be found just patrolling the roads. Ill try to make sure that anyone I find has seen me before I attack. Want to say that it was cool to see a big RP event like the meeting before the fight tonight and the little party after at conquest hold.

If this is just the first night... jeez the rest of the week will be awesome Smile

Scrim.

Scrimjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 pm

That was a painful night for the Alliance.

But we will learn!

We will adapt!

And the horde will die.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Campaign Progress - 18.3:
Alliance forces finally arrive to Howling Fjord. The Horde, having arrive days earlier made use of this advantage and raided Valgarde early in the evening. While they were unsuccessful in entering very far within the camp, it show how ill-prepared the Alliance was, when a small raiding party could so easily enter their main naval port in the area. Due of its vulnerable position, Alliance forces relocated to Westguard Keep. During their travel, they were assaulted again by Dominion, but this time the Alliance emerge victorious, being much more numerous than the warband.

While the Horde and Alliance were having tactical meetings of their own, the Horde was scouting the surroundings of Camp Winterhoof and Venture Bay. Soon after the Alliance was finished with their meeting, the Horde attacked Westguard Keep. The battle raged for several hours with neither side having an edge, but towards the end the Horde proved more tenacious and pushed through the Alliance lines and managed to pillage within the interior of the keep before being pushed out.

Westguard Keep walls are left darkened and the fields before the gates are soaked in blood. The Alliance may have lost this day but the War have merely started.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for everyone for the first day. Although the Alliance got their asses kicked, most of the feedback from both factions was positive when excluding some stealthy visits of earlier and the raiding of the interior of buildings.

The map will be updated tomorrow.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:34 am

Cheers everyone.
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Obataiye Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:37 am

The RP-PvP was fun today, and It was good to see that whenever we Gurubashi's join these things, we don't lose Razz

Looking forward to more epic battles!

Last edited by Obataiye on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Obataiye
Obataiye

Character sheet
Name: Obata'iye
Title: Headhunter of the Empire, Champion of Legba

http://www.secondgurubashiempire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by enderas Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:10 am

and cheers to all who need repair after on the ally side i had tons off fun rp tonight Very Happy 

hope more will seek me out to get ther gear upgraded and fixt  Smile 
enderas
enderas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 am

Crap, does this mean I geared up my Horde DK all for naught if you guys are already winning? Here I thought you'd be outnumbered again.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:56 am

Last night was epic!! :3
Shame I had to go around 11 - went to lvl my Mage, so she can join in soon enough :3

I'll fix screenshots later!
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://gou-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 am

yes, yesterday was great fun! shame I couldn't be of more use at ingame mechanics since my mage is merely 80.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Main Post & Map Updated.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenus Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm

The skirmishes between Dominion and The Alliance this afternoon have been great fun, really enjoying this event so far.
Terenus
Terenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Gotta change Gramot's motto from ''What I do best is doing what I do myself.'' to ''What I do best is what I do with others.''

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 2 Empty Stormwind Assassins - Day 2

Post by Kyph Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:35 pm

As it is well known, waiting at airports for several hours causes brain damage. Here's the result of my last seizure in front of my laptop (hopefully I won't bore you to death; if TL/DR there's always the screenshots!)

The old man sat back and sighed in satisfaction as he added his last notes to the manuscript. "This time you've outdone yourself, Ortell", he said to himself. It was seven months ago when he first saw what turned out to be a travel log, brought by an adventurer seeking answers about the Twilight cult. Most of the pages were damaged, when not stained with drops of blood and mud, but from the calligraphic code his trained eyes only needed a glance to know it was no Twilight document. Nonetheless –or precisely because of this- he was intrigued and managed to convince the visitor to lend him the notebook for a week first, then a month, and again and again until he gave up and never came back.

But Ortell had not forgotten, oh no. He would spend most of his spare time working on these pages, fascinated and more decided than ever to try to find answers - even if he wasn't sure what the questions were in the first place. And after all that time he had finally made it. Sure, most of the text was missing, and without a proper corpus some passages were -he decided- truly indecipherable, but nobody would've been able to go as far as he had. As the daylight was dying he lit a candle and started reading, once more, the transcription he had gotten so familiar with.

We're getting closer to the coast. Except for the cold heavy rain in shaky waters, poor food and even worse company, it hasn't been such a bad trip. It still beats those two days hiding between gear wheels inside a Zeppelin for that job in Grom'gol. Hell, my back still hurts just by thinking about it. As we approach the harbor I begin to see Alliance war banners of the many factions gathering at Valgarde. The outer walls are severely damaged from what I assume has been a recent assault attempt, as the stench of funeral pyres fills the air. A small detachment guards the East while most of the Alliance army starts marching towards Westguard Keep. Mere rumours of Horde activity in the continent have quickly become large scale operations all over Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord. War in the snow, once again.

I've decided to inspect the terrain myself. It's been long since the last time I worked in Northrend and although I've been studying reports of the activities of the locals since my brief stop in Menethil, these now seem outdated by the recent events.

My first stop is New Agamand. As expected a large Horde army is stationed there.

As I try to estimate their numbers a thin column of smoke gets my attention. I leave my horse and follow the perimeter on foot across the woods. To my surprise, outside the Forsaken garrison I locate a group sitting around a campfire. Detailed inspection through my binoculars identifies two different factions; diverse mounted troops from Dominion seem to have just approached the encampment where a few Tauren and Pandaren initially immersed in some kind of ritual have stopped to receive them. It looks like they are trying to have them join their military forces without success so I wait until the cavalry leaves to get closer.

As I start walking towards the camp they notice my presence and quickly take defensive positions, so I raise my hands not without discretely attaching one of my daggers up my sleeve first. I allow myself to be seen clearly but stop walking when some of the Tauren start growling menacingly at me; I'm now close enough to notice the unequivocal tribal garments of Path of Dawnchaser, a peaceful faction however reputed for also having formidable warriors, so I decide I have all the information I need and start retreating. As I begin to walk away they seem relieved, although I still get some suspicious looks while I disappear into the foliage.

Back on my horse I start riding North, towards Camp Winterhoof, as recent reports had showed troop movements in the area. I find trails on the path but they seem cold leads and the harsh weather of Northrend has wiped most of them by now. I then travel West to make a brief stop at Westguard Keep to feed my mount and inspect the state of the frontline, only to find I have to avoid Horde units as the fortress is already under siege. I take a minute to leave my horse at the stables and then run towards the northern walls where most of the combat is taking place. I'm told several guards have been killed by horde infiltrators crossing the bridge, so I offer my help with the counterespionage to the local batallion, which in the midst of the chaos they accept without asking too many questions. We are successful in neutralizing several enemy agents but not without losing more valuable men to ambushes near the cliffs.

I reluctantly introduce myself to the battalion general at the command center, a gnome called Helmut who happens to be the military leader of the Task Force "Wild Tempest", core of the defense. Although I'm well aware of their reputation, and I've become personally familiar with their campaigns in Silithus, I receive his presence with skepticism; as much as I appreciate the strategic value of gnomish inventions I've always had trouble respecting them in the field, and this gnome in particular seems no exception, especially after quickly dismissing my complaints about the urgent need to deploy gunmen to cover the hole the North bridge was. I try to keep my temper and smooth things out with what probably was just an unfortunate rough start by agreeing to join one of their scout parties, and then leave when officers from other units start gathering around us.

As I hear news of a large Horde regiment marching from the South, I get back on my horse to try to gather some first hand information. I travel South myself and then use the Ancient Lift to reach the Tuskarr village of Kamagua, where the locals seem unaware of the most recent military events happening in the continent. While casually talking to one of the inhabitants of the isle using my love of fishing as an excuse to gather potential intel, I notice I’m slowly being surrounded by the group from Path of Dawnchaser I had met earlier this afternoon. They’re less hostile this time as they see I’m welcome among the Tuskarr, although some of them still look distrustful. I wave at them in what I hope looks like a peaceful gesture, feeling like at any time someone’s gonna start dancing with worgs, and once I’m confident they no longer perceive me as a threat I ride away, back to the keep.

Westguard is under attack again. Wave after wave the Horde is repelled, but each time they get dangerously closer to the gates, to the point that I have my doubts about our chances; if Westguard falls, the access to Grizzly Hills will be seriously compromised. In order to assess the situation a scouting party is finally assembled, and which I join. My first impression is ambivalent, seeing a heterogeneous group of both inexperienced and seasoned rogues and druids. Just as we are about to leave the fortress Horde forces push the front gate again, but the defensive line holds long enough for us to get through.

We ride South to study the defenses of the two main Forsaken bases in the Fjord; New Agamand and Vengeance Landing. We hide our mounts in the woods near New Agamand and infiltrate into their base, now only lightly guarded, which confirms the Horde has mobilized most of their contingent in East Northrend to lay siege to Westguard. While leaving New Agamand I get the feeling we are being followed, but cannot confirm it visually and the rest of the company doesn’t seem to share my concerns. At Vengeance Landing we have to deal with some guards after one of the rookies makes them aware of our presence. I’m unsure whether the noise has alerted anybody else. We then take the lift where ((the rest of the passage is too damaged to be read))

By the time we get back to Westguard, following the road from Camp Winterhoof, the situation is desperate. After an intense battle the defensive line is finally broken and Horde units run rampant into the buildings closer to the South gate. They are eventually dispersed but the devastation is evident; besides the alarming body count among the Alliance forces, most of the defensive structures have been partially or totally destroyed, and even the inn, where most of the wounded had been allocated when the infirmary was overrun, has suffered heavy damage.

As I sit by the wreckage of one of the inner barricades, wondering about the future of this harsh land, I recognize the man walking towards me. My second in command is finally here, and with him more of my men with news of the military campaign taking place all over the region. We slowly walk away from the rest and look for a discrete place where to discuss what the next move of the Assassins will be…

OOC: <3 Helmut and everybody else organizing
Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:16 pm

Kyph you'd make a great war correspondent
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Impressive stuff! good to see the campaign is creating lots of diverse, wonderful RP.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Kyph makes me want to play my rogue again..
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:23 am

Westguard Keep: is considered a "safe zone" for the Alliance and the Horde guilds have agreed not to attack roleplayers found inside the Keep Walls.
Added to the list of rules. It was agreed with the Horde to provide low levels and people less interested in PvP a place to stay at. To compensate, the Alliance is mobilizing itself more often and ended up clashing multiple times with the Horde. The score of Big Battles goes 5-3 to the Horde.

Main post updated with the events of Tuesday. Was a fun day with many eventful battles and happenings. The Horde even had the nerve to snatch the Zeppelin patrolling above sea West of Westguard Keep. Needless to say, the Alliance were not very happy about it and mounted an operation of vengeance... with slight difficulties in deciding the name for it:

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 am

Thats my giiirrrll! <3 Anne.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:19 am

That was the most amazing chat I've ever read! <3
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next