Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March

+35
Paia/Jenit
Odgan / Keag
Samian/Bismack
Dyone
Vardrek/Burgen
Thondalar Stormleaf
Feral / Blackfall
Tantzui
Allonia_Miral
Calisar
Amaryl
Helmut
Rae Wulfgnar
Ixirar
Zinkle Figgins
Officer High Morale
Terenus
Sanara
enderas
Obataiye
Scrimjaw
Lavian
Rin-Lin
Krogon Devilstep
Elrua
siegmund
Littlepip
Kyph
Eldiros
Rargnasha
Cid
Urièl
Baji
erwtenpeller
Skarain
39 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 4 Empty Re: Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Why not just make it like one big AB attack and defend positions and determine the overall outcome at the end?

A small example of a similar thing JP did with the DoL vs Cult of Shadow.

"Home bases (unconquerable):
- Alliance: Dalson's Farm
- Horde: vestments on the northeast border of Andorhal

Campaign points of interest (conquerable):
- Old camp: Horde controlled. (won in prologue 1)
- Graveyard: Horde controlled. (won in prologue 1)
- Writhing Haunt: being contested tonight.
- Gahrron's Withering: being contested tonight.
- The Mine: may be claimed by DoL if they RP it out tonight. (won in prologue 2)

Unused regions:
- Andorhal: phasing blocked.
- Felstone field: phasing blocked.
- Mender's Stead: neutral ground controlled by "Argent Crusade".
- Road to Eastern Plaguelands: controlled by the Northern Vigil.
- Scholomance: controlled by Army of the Damned
- Chillwind Camp: controlled by The Lordaeron Alliance.

Winning conditions
To gain a region, a faction must conquer it by offense and then defend it for another round.
Each region gained at the end of this event counts towards the Campaign.

Balance rules
- The difference between two factions may go as high as 30% in numbers... rounded UP. So if one faction has 8 players, they can face up to 11 enemies. Only level 85 players will be considered in this counting.
- If one side scores 3 consecutive wins, then the balance is turned by 10% in favor of the loosing party.
- If one side scores 4 consecutive wins, then the balance is turned by an additional 10% (for a total of 20%) in favor of the loosing party and the loosing party may launch an extra attack.

These rules are designed to give both sides a good fight, balancing both numbers and performance.

Rules
- The defending party may build its line of defense.
- The attacking party may attack only if an OOC ready signal is given.
- No player may be positioned on a location that's unreachable by foot! (I -will- be strict on this rule!)
- Landmounts may be used by all sides
- No ressurections are allowed. Only after a raid warning is given may players ressurect and reform.
- Attacks may only come from a viable direction. Check the campaign map.
- When a region is lost/conquered, then the winning faction -must- defend it the next round and the loosing faction -must- try to recapture it.
- Each faction attacks in turn.
- Each faction attack three times, unless balance rules grant one extra attack.

Introduction story

As the forces of the Forsaken amass in their base, a loud horn is blown in the hills. Shrieks and shouts come from the towers. The Alliance is attacking!"
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 4 Empty Re: Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March

Post by Urièl Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:37 am

Maybe wrong thread mate,were on Northrend campaign ^^if you refer to this one then id say nope,since inran its takeing count of the major events happening togheter with the results(I think horde its a little step ahead atm,especially after Venture bay battle of today).
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:54 am

Nah. It was the right thread. He just posted a suggestion how the battles could be done and outcome of the Campaign decided. I am not denying that the above have some good points, and i will take them in consideration the next time i organize something of this scale. In the end, it falls to gear and tactics.

I do apologize for lack of Map Updates, but we had slight 'technical difficulties' when our Map-maker got consumed by the dreadful "Real Life". Meanwhile, i am working on getting a replacement map up before Saturday evening

The current draft plan for the weekend is:
to have small, 8-10 man groups in the various battles rather than 35 v. 35 battles. No flying mounts. No corpse-running before all dead. No combat ressing (Druid, DK). No Corpse-camping, giving the opponent time to ress. The normal rules for RP-WPvP all apply.

Saturday:
Relics! - Alliance and Horde goes into securing the various digsites around the zone and hoard the relics dug by archaeologist to themselves.

Sunday:
The Bloody End - Alliance and Horde wildly attack each other encampments and roam around the wilds in each other. The ban to attack Westguard Keep is lifted, and the wounded and non-combatants are best to be hiding in the cellar (keep prison) or flee from the zone if they wish to avoid the possibility of being attacked.

The skies will be crimson and the ground red of the blood of our enemies! The very trees of the North shall weep before the violence to come. Towards the Bloody End!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:57 am

nom nom - bring it on:) looks good

Back to top Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 4 Empty Stormwind Assassins - Day 5

Post by Kyph Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:38 am

(the events described here happened on Thursday, 5th day of the presence of the Assassins in Northrend)

'Are you going to let me finish the story or what?', Kyph said, irritated.
The young apprentice petrified. An annoyed eye was glaring at his. Instinctively he looked at where her other eye should be only to meet a leather patch, so he quickly stared at the bottom of his mug.
'Y-yes, s-sorry', he muttered.
'Good'. She repressed a smirk.
'So there I was, following my routine patrol, when I arrived at Conquest Hold to come across the largest blood elf regiment I had seen in weeks, stationed in the base; I thought the whole damn Sunreavers had moved to Grizzly Hills until I started spotting detachments from other Horde factions as well.'
'I managed to avoid the outer guards to cross the exterior walls and saw many of those elves guarding the entrance of the main building alongside regular Warsong troops.'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'Using the tumult of the wolf cavalry as they were passing by I got one the guards from behind, hid the corpse, and used that thin gap in their defenses to go inside. I was not prepared for what I saw: they had three prisoners, two night elves -one seriously wounded- and a human upstairs.'

'I tried to get out the way I got in but there were now too many guards blocking the accesses to the stairs, so instead I climbed down the balcony. I rode east looking for the closest Alliance encampment when I located an Allied army crossing the bridge just south of Amberpine Lodge. I immediately talked to the officers who received my intel with interest as their mission was precisely to free those prisoners. I decided to join the task force, since those hostages could have vital information to decide the outcome of the campaign in Northrend.'

'Initially they tried the diplomatic approach. One thing was being at war and the other causing a bloodbath just to recover three people.'

'Needless to say, that didn't work out very well, and it quickly escalated to a tense standoff at the gates of the fortress.'

'What the Horde didn't know was that, meanwhile, a small stealth group was using the clash as a diversion to get inside. With most troops concentrated around the south gate, crossing the north wall and avoiding the few guards in the fortress was trivial. The hard part, however, would be getting the prisoners out.

'Just as we were deciding how to proceed, the battle cries start-'
'Excuse me. Madam? We're closing.' It was Joachim Brenlow, the bartender.
Kyph hesitated, then silently nodded. As the young rogue gasped in disappointment, Kyph stood up, quickly drained her drink, grabbed several silver coins from her pockets and left them on the table.
'Sorry, kid. Maybe some other time.' And she walked away.
Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet
Name: Kyph
Title: Stormwind Assassins Trainer

Back to top Go down

Northern Pines - RP-PvP Campaign, 17-23 March - Page 4 Empty Stormwind Assassins - Day 6

Post by Kyph Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:24 pm

(the events described here happened on Friday, 6th day of the presence of the Assassins in Northrend)

Report on the Battle for Venture Bay

A large regiment was tracked going south from Conquest Hold to reinforce Venture Bay, currently under Horde control, likely because of leaked information about the Alliance army already marching to assault this position. Two assassins were dispatched in the field to disrupt their operations eliminating key personnel and gathering critical intel.

The Horde quickly adopted defensive positions in preparation for the Allied offensive.

The Alliance charged, but quickly lost momentum as Horde frost mages caused havoc among their forces.

In the confusion, the assassins struck, taking out strategic targets.

Despite the valiant efforts of the attacking army, the allied troops were repelled.

They gathered for further counter-offensives to retake the harbour but all attempts were unsuccessful.

Finally, the Horde moved to secure the lighthouse which gave the Alliance a respite to regroup. They marched once more to battle, but the Horde was victorious and the base remained under their control.

Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Fantastic reporting Wink great job!
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 am

Saturday, 23th of March

After the late afternoon clashes near Westguard keep between the Alliance and the Horde several scouts, mounted units and other enthusiasts made their way to the south seeking various ways for payback and diverting Horde forces from key Alliance areas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Alliance pushed a small team into New Agamand, where they caused truble until the arrival of the main Horde force, while shortly holding the initial force back they were overwhelmed and forced to push back and decided on a hit and run strategy.

While a small number of scouts kept harrassing new Agamand just to keep the Horde in place the rest of the group headed off into the direction of Vengance landing and Winterhoof. The plan was for the forces to confuse the possition of the Alliance with spliting up and harras the local Horde towns. While not any noticable victory and being pushed back by the Horde even later at Vengance landing the Alliance seemed to be pleased by even attacking a Taunka caravan along their way, regrouping up in the Hills after, battered, bruised and satisfied the Alliance continued with mainly scouting and tossing a few torches about yet nothing major.

With the helpful diverting of Horde forces Westguard keep, Explorer's League digsites and other Alliance towns were able to catch a short breath, only for the fighting to again continue later on in the night.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:25 am

Luinias Bloodspear, with the letter in hand, sent it to Uriel Coldsteel, added with a note of her own.
"I am not, nor will I ever be, one of your men, Coldsteel. It seems that the Gnome was out of his mind."

The letter reads as follows:
"I am sorry that the goons under my command grabbed another of your men as a prisoner of war. What happened to just killing eachother on the battlefield like in the good old days, hehe? This one should not be too roughed up. Serve it a meal or something, though. Remember that we need to look out for eachother. Take care.
Helmut Spoon, Spymaster of the Alliance
"
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://gou-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:28 pm

I wish you all best of luck on this last war day..
And hope to see you all return back safe and sound.. Stormwind has grown sillent without you all Smile
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Great week, campaigns bringing people together in "unused" zones are always so incredibly fun.
I made a strawpoll for the next campaign to just get a concensus on what people would like.

Though Uldum is apparently a phasing hell.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by enderas Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:45 am

i just wanted to say thinkas all for a realy great and fun Week i hope ther will be more campains up cos this one was fun  Very Happy
enderas
enderas

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 am

Aye, thanks all for some great fun! Looking forward to the next campaign.
And a special thanks to Inran and other people who aided him, for devoting quite some time, and likely some headache in service for the community! <3
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 am

Here some of what happened to Uri dureing the campaign!!

1st day,tagged with unexpected allies,he scouts Valgard.

Dominion scouting patrol gathered near Westguard keep

Gathering in defence of the Taurens

Diplomatics of both sides discussing the release of prisoners

An interesting encounter in a lonely night

Venture bay battle

Make "friends" not warcraft!

Night before the battle

Give your all....for the Horde!

Last edited by Urièl on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:15 am

Fun times.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:18 am

At least we got the chair.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks for a great campain! I have not had one boring moment all through the campain, with pvp battles, tons of good RP! Cheers for everyone making this happen Very Happy
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:30 pm

The campaign was a lot of fun.

For the next one, I think we should have a tug of war where every other day we're moving to different zones, rather being pushed back or pushing forward. The area did get a bit stale towards the end.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Obataiye Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:Great week, campaigns bringing people together in "unused" zones are always so incredibly fun.
I made a strawpoll for the next campaign to just get a concensus on what people would like.

I'd like to point out Stranglethorn is very much in use. M'kay? tongue 

But back to the Topic!

Had a great week! It was loads of fun and I will be looking forward to future RP-PvP!!
Obataiye
Obataiye

Character sheet
Name: Obata'iye
Title: Headhunter of the Empire, Champion of Legba

http://www.secondgurubashiempire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyph Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 pm

I'd like to thank everyone in Northrend this last week. I came across this campaign half by accident half because of a very patient organizer that thought a very small guild of crazy people might have something to offer, and the few of us that did show up had a lot of fun thanks to everybody else.
Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:20 pm

I would also like to thank everyone, with special thanks to the organizers of this Campaign for probably the best event in a LONG time! thank you, people!!!!!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

How's the mood for an RP-PvP Campaign sometime in May?
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrimjaw Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Aye kudos to the organisers, really fun week Smile

Here's my screens of the last battle of Westguard keep.

Scrimjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Nice - May campaign Smile)) maybe it can be discussed/kicked off at the Horde gathering at Silvermoon on 27th April? (Which is on day 4 of the Silvermoon festival).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Scrimjaw wrote:Aye kudos to the organisers, really fun week Smile

Here's my screens of the last battle of Westguard keep.

You had me really confused when we found you at that small caravan/campfire right on the border of Grizzly hills/Howling fjord. You were all alone but decided to open on our large group o_o.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next