Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

+61
Lini
Terenus
Dolerien
Clarke
Gesh
Thondalar Stormleaf
Allonia_Miral
Drustai
Flo
Seranita
Nexiax
Anivitas
Tantzui
Shanyuan
Shriukan
Sadok
Skarain
Menori
Adry
Samian/Bismack
Haen Strongwind
Grufftoof
Manathon
Raenmar
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Vardrek/Burgen
Rargnasha
Iriel Silversong
Officer High Morale
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
Coppernut
Lavian
Ledgic
Kadnir
siegmund
Kozgugore Feraleye
Amaryl
Izzifix
Shaelyssa
Krogon Devilstep
Cid
Ixirar
Zaraj
Lexgrad
Zouyo
Helmut
Ruby
Zinkle Figgins
Paia/Jenit
Kittrina
erwtenpeller
Muzjhath
Demurral
Rmuffn
Sanara
The Z
Coppersocket
Ralegh
Vaell
Thelos
65 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Is a De-buff.

There, solved.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Zouyo Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Moving right along...

We’ve recently taken another look at the rate of Honor gains in various Battlegrounds, and have concluded that current Honor gains in several Battlegrounds are currently too low. To that end, we’ll be making several changes to the way that Honor bonuses are rewarded in those battlegrounds, as follows:

In Arathi Basin, Battle for Gilneas, and Eye of the Storm, we’ll be increasing the frequency at which you’ll be rewarded bonus Honor based on the points your team has earned. Currently, you earn bonus Honor every 260 points (or 200 if that battleground is the current Call to Arms) in these battlegrounds. As a part of this adjustment, we’re going to lower the number to 130 (or 100 during Call to Arms).

We’re also making a similar change to Silvershard Mines. Currently bonus Honor is earned for every 265 points (or every 160 if Silvershard is the current Call to Arms). After the change, you’ll earn bonus Honor every 200 points (or 130 during Call to Arms).

Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks are getting a slightly different treatment. Because these matches tend to take longer than the above Battlegrounds (which directly effects the rate at which you earn Honor from playing them) we wanted to make some changes to speed them up a bit. To do this we’re going to apply the Focused Assault debuff 1 minute after both flags have been picked up, which is 2 minutes earlier than it does currently. Once it’s begun to apply, it will continue to increase at the current rate of 1 stack every minute. On top of that, we’re adding a new bonus at the end of the match: For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

Lastly, in Strand of the Ancients, we’re doubling the bonus a team earns for destroying a gate (or preventing it from being destroyed).

These hotfixes are currently in production, and will be applied as soon as they are ready. We’ll have an update in the official Hotfix blog once they’re active. We look forward to seeing you on the fields of battle!

From my interpretation, I doubt this hotfix affects reputation gains as they are not trying to change that, only honor gains.
Correct, these fixes only apply to Honor gains.

Will this be in rated as well?
The Focused Assault change applies to Rated Warsong and Twin Peaks matches as well, yes.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah, if you really want to argue about whether or not an ability is CC, take it to its own thread please.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Why are people like Cid even eligable to post anything regarding PVP? Jesus Cid, be quiet. PVP isn't your game.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:38 pm

More honor should be easier for alts and whatnot, good!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Mind listening to Ledgic about staying on topic, Clara? Wink 

Either way, I like the BG change, it is sorely needed. Hopefully it gives incentive to people to actually do the objectives rather than staying in middle of map farming kills like bots as they do now.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Cid wrote:Mind listening to Ledgic about staying on topic, Clara? Wink 

Either way, I like the BG change, it is sorely needed. Hopefully it gives incentive to people to actually do the objectives rather than staying in middle of map farming kills like bots as they do now.

You'd be surprised to find out how many of those people -are- actually bots, and thus won't change behavior at all.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Cid wrote:Mind listening to Ledgic about staying on topic, Clara? Wink 

It's 'k. Already reported myself.

Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 pm

True, there's always a bot problem. Always has, always will. But I think you'd be surprised as well over how many that goes middle to farm kills, causing the team to lose the match, because they think it brings on more honour than completing objectives and win. Sure, it gives a few honourpoints here and there, but the bigger gains is to just complete the objectives, win the BG and collect the rewards, am I right?

Not to mention how many that tells people off for giving them advice/tactics how to play the BG as well... Sheesh, what happened to common courtesy and politeness? I used to listen to Marthius and his speeches with respect before the Wintergrasp battles, feeling the excitement over how the plan was set in motion and pride to see the Horde retreat most of the time. Now it just feels like something was lost along the road.

Hopefully this income change will fix that part. Hopefully people will begin to study tactics for the BGs when WoD launches.

EDIT: Yes, I read what you wrote below, Ix. I only added to the point that there are also those that think that killing stuff in middle is to win, and tells off all others who correct them.

Last edited by Cid on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Did you read what I said? Like 90% of the middle farmers are bots.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:41 pm

BGs definitely need to award more honor. I'm currently getting PVP gear for my shaman and I'm doing it farming heroic dungeons to turn justice points into honor points, it makes no sense Neutral

By the way I wish I could still join BGs as a group, I had so much fun with premades. I hope joining Ashran with a group of friends will remind me of doing old school AV with my guild!
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Warlords of Draenor Developer Interviews
There were a few developer interviews at the recent press events, so today we are taking a look at interviews with Ion Hazzikostas from Yogscast.

Warlords of Draenor Starting Experience
Everyone will have a starting experience in Warlords of Draenor, which will take place before the gameplay in the recent videos.
The normal experience takes place at the Dark Portal, having you go through to stop the impending Iron Horde invasion. You aren't able to defeat the Iron Horde, but you do stop the imminent threat.
Characters that are boosted to Level 90 will have a slightly different experience, with most of the skills removed from their bars and then having abilities unlocked again as they play.

Garrisons
Garrisons should give you access to portions of other professions without making the people that actually have the profession useless.
The mounts in your garrison's stable will be mounts that you own, based on the ones that you use the most.
Garrisons have a new NPC AI system that allows NPCs to behave less like the scripted NPCs we have now.
For example, the Blacksmith could wake up and go to work, work at his forge and become thirsty, eventually taking a break and going to the tavern, and ten finally going back to the barracks to sleep.
This improved AI was made necessary when the team decided to allow players to select where they place buildings in their garrison, making it impossible to pre-script and pre-place all of the NPC interactions.
This system might be used with NPCs in cities and other places in the future.
The location of buildings in your garrison is mostly for personal choice, as the gameplay element of garrisons is selecting which buildings you want for your limited plots.
The team is aware of the problem with the farm in Mists of Pandaria and doesn't want players to feel the need to have garrisons on their alts just to funnel resources to their main.
Players will want to check in with their garrison once per play session, maybe when they log in or out. It won't be a place to idle like cities currently are, as there is no auction house or bank.

Raiding / Misc
There aren't any plans for Mythic only bosses in the Patch 6.0 raids, but there will be some Mythic only elements of the fights, similar to the extra phase on Heroic Garrosh. Mythic only bosses will continue to be added when they make sense.
Ra-den didn't work out as intended. The boss wasn't tested publicly to ensure it remained a surprise and Ion wasn't able to spend as much time as he would have liked watching the internal testing sessions. This resulted in some loopholes in the fight making it live and Ra-den being easier than intended.
The team is aware that the timeline in older content is a little bit inconsistent, but updating the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King content would take away from Warlords of Draenor development.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:54 pm

So our most used mounts will be the ones to appear in the stable... Intriguing. And loving the idea for smarter NPC AI.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...Holy shit... *looks at the characters who haven't reached 90 yet on my account but are above level 60* ...Now I don't know whether or not to level them if THAT is included in the 90 level thing...
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:21 pm

The profession boost is very cool, well done Blizzard
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I guess that'll bum some people out, I never was one to excited about that feature. Especially when done by your guild members helping you out in quests and other silly 'shortcuts' like that.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blizzard wrote:That’s a lot of big changes for healers: reduced throughput, more triage, less powerful “smart” heals, weaker absorbs, fewer spells, and a new focus on efficiency decisions. We’re confident that we can apply lessons learned from previous expansions to make this the best healer experience yet: more dynamic, engaging, non-punishing, and frankly a lot more fun.

On paper these seem like reasonable changes, I look forward to know more from those who'll test them.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Word of Glory cast time! Nooooo! Sad
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:15 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Word of Glory cast time! Nooooo! Sad

Next you'll tell me they're nerfing the 9-procs-in-a-row Divine Purpose!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:27 pm

YES. YESSSSSS...

-finnaly- they address the actual sodding problem with pvp.

-healers-.

HURRAY!

Laughing 
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:49 pm

I wish they'd bring downranking back already.

Healing was twice as interesting when you still had to think which rank you should use.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:28 pm

From what I know and remember, the issue was that at the end down-ranking was a no-brainer. Thanks to scaling the difference in healing/damage you did was 1-3% compared to cost that was around 80% or something.
Maybe not that extreme, but from what I remember downranking was in most cases a no brainer towards the end.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:50 am

I've noticed a lot of people are not happy about these changes, except for restoration shamans like me, who have been playing this way for years Laughing 

(let's hope they don't screw up with smart healign though, since we shamans rely a lot on that)
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:37 am

"Use rank 1" isn't an interesting choice. Because, seriously, that's all it amounted to in vanilla.

In TBC it was a slight, tiny bit more interesting because you didn't downrank -everything-. However, all that -really- happened was that utility spells cost like 20 mana. You don't really need the 24 extra seconds duration on roots when they're capped at 10 seconds anyways.

Downranking was an interesting concept but a really, really bland mechanic.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:36 am

I guess I, too, have my nostalgiagoggles, like everybody else...Oh, would but [feature X that was around at the time I enjoyed the game most] return, then everything would be as good as I remember!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next