Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Moonhammer

+27
Kil'drakor
Krogon Devilstep
Mikasa
Odgan / Keag
Mandui
Muzjhath
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Raviran / Reynar
Jomir
Raelo/Lucanor
Kozgugore Feraleye
Mallea/Trollmeat
Rhenchu
Magaskawee/Anaei
Nayan
Geldar
Spyre
Gesh
Tso/Feloreth
Shaelyssa
Gogol
Aerandier
Raelan
Rasonal Dranger
Kristeas Sunbinder
Antistia
Dorik Thunderbelly
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Operation Moonhammer - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation Moonhammer

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun May 23, 2010 10:39 am

-If- the orcs join in (I've a feeling I'd better confirm with the dwarves about our involvement OOC), it seems like a lot of guilds that are currently signed up for the Plaguelands campaign will be joining in so far. Since it's so close by, I reckon it -would- make sense if we would just haul our buttocks over to the Bulwark or wherever would be most suitable afterwards. Could make the voyage there an event, even!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 am

It shouldn't be hard if we drag out "operation moonhammer", might need a good twist in the plot.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sun May 23, 2010 11:05 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Orcs might be gotten AND it seems the gnomes have joined the dwarves aswell.

We have not joined the battle, I merely asked Dorik if it'd be ok if we did some scouting for our own purposes now the elves are occupied. We might join if the Dwarves ask us but I doubt that's gonna happen.
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun May 23, 2010 11:06 am

Well, we don't know that >.>
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sun May 23, 2010 11:48 am

Seems the Winterblades are in the regio as well, for reasons of their own, maybe the Sunfure Elite can arrange something with them and incorporate it in the big picture? I believe I was told the two guilds organized events in the past, that way we all get our share of the action?

What do the Winterblades/SFE think of this?
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun May 23, 2010 12:41 pm

All ur base belong to us
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun May 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, only the ones we don't use.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Mon May 24, 2010 2:42 pm

When's this gonna end? Ironforge be all dead now that DRS be up north.
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Mon May 24, 2010 3:13 pm

So this is why it was so east for me and a pali to charge headlong through Loch Modan and Dun Morogh, right into Ironforge...
(that, or because there were only about 100 people online in the whole realm Very Happy)
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:52 am

Chapter 4: Final Stand
With the steady march East continued, the Dwarves and their Night Elf allies now have the spires of Tranquillien in sight. The Blood Elves and their allies prepare to meet the invaders with a hail of arrows and elven steel. All that remains now is the shrill, clarion call to battle...

Operation Moonhammer - Page 2 Battlemap4moonhammer.th
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:53 am

Bandu thoribas!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:54 am

Aside from OOCtards blueshielding I had fun, even with dying most bouts of yesterdays battle.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 am

Epilogue: The Dead Field of Battle
As the final sounds of battle die out, an eerie quiet settles over the Ghostlands. Operation Moonhammer has ended, now both armies tend to their fallen and wounded and prepare to go home at last...

Operation Moonhammer - Page 2 Moonhammerend

I must say I am pleasantly surprised at the last battle.Operation Moonhammer is hereby concluded, thanks to everyone who attened and made this possible, thanks to Sin Belore, The Cult of Shadows, Orcs of the Red Blade, The Sunfury Elite, Nature's Grasp, Stormwind Intelligence, Winterblade Sentinels, Geldar and his lot, Gogol and everyone else who I forgot to mention. Hope you all had fun during the operation.

P.S: We shot the OOCtards when they entered the Contested Plaguelands.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:50 am

P.S: We shot the OOCtards when they entered the Contested Plaguelands.

That and the last battles alongside with the RP afterwards were the best parts of the event, thanks to all participants, Orcs, Belves, Forsaken, Humans and Dwarves aswell as the two odd draenei.

Nothing like camping some Goons for 15 minutes the moment they get flagged. Mmmm. -rubs himself with some Goon blood-
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Next time when Goons are around and you see one lone alliance charge in the horde group, don't kill it! The poor thing didn't lose its mind and charging in to solo all of you, it's trying to get the damn Goon! And I did eventually :3

Anyways! Was a really nice event, I highly enjoyed the clashes each time. For those wondering what Bloodwind was doing there: seeing that the horde had gathered 30+ peeps and the alliance standing with 16, I decided to have Mandui join them and I called 6 more RPers from the guild to come along, in order to even out the chances a little. I don't think that 16 vs. 33 would have been fun for either side. And still, the hordies managed to wtfpwn us twice! Very Happy

Awesome event, would join anytime again.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Aye was nice battle yesterday!
Had alot of fun!
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Was sum funneh event dere!

Tho' you need to tell those warriors to spec either Fury or Arms, god Prot is a pain in the behind Neutral
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Mikasa wrote:Was sum funneh event dere!

Tho' you need to tell those warriors to spec either Fury or Arms, god Prot is a pain in the behind Neutral

mission accomplished.

Spec prot boys!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Mandui wrote:Next time when Goons are around and you see one lone alliance charge in the horde group, don't kill it! The poor thing didn't lose its mind and charging in to solo all of you, it's trying to get the damn Goon! And I did eventually :3

Anyways! Was a really nice event, I highly enjoyed the clashes each time. For those wondering what Bloodwind was doing there: seeing that the horde had gathered 30+ peeps and the alliance standing with 16, I decided to have Mandui join them and I called 6 more RPers from the guild to come along, in order to even out the chances a little. I don't think that 16 vs. 33 would have been fun for either side. And still, the hordies managed to wtfpwn us twice! Very Happy

Awesome event, would join anytime again.

I'm having some trouble with this though. Despite it being fun, some people on our side of the fence --including me-- felt it was a bit weird to have 'Bloodwind come to the rescue', if I may. We went to quite some In Character effort in rallying guilds to repel the dwarves and elves from the Ghostlands, and to be honest I felt a bit cheated, as it seemed just as you said --"we're outnumbered, let's call in some people just for balance's sake" when that shouldn't be the point of what was, in my view, an In Character battle with In Character justifications for being there.

It's nothing personal, but I was a bit bitter about this at the time.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:08 pm

You still outnumbered us in some matches anyway. Not to mention your overkill use Protection warriors[Hi Morgeth <3].

Anyway what I meant to say is....

Grow up.

I loved the RP after the final battle. I may or may not have flashed to some dwarves to prove my feminism.....I wonder what did happen to poor Illdranor. However it was awesome to have comedic yet serious RP mixed together at the end. Well done for organising it, DRS.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Geldar had promised aid from Stormwind well before the battle, He, Gogol and Koz had a discussion about it I recall. Their presence there was IC. Both sides gathered more allies as the heat of the war increased. Anyway, I am pleased with the overall outcome.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Gnash wrote:

I'm having some trouble with this though. Despite it being fun, some people on our side of the fence --including me-- felt it was a bit weird to have 'Bloodwind come to the rescue', if I may. We went to quite some In Character effort in rallying guilds to repel the dwarves and elves from the Ghostlands, and to be honest I felt a bit cheated, as it seemed just as you said --"we're outnumbered, let's call in some people just for balance's sake" when that shouldn't be the point of what was, in my view, an In Character battle with In Character justifications for being there.

It's nothing personal, but I was a bit bitter about this at the time.

To me that just kind of reads "people who pvp actively should be excluded from rp-pvp events". I'm sorry if I'm being too blunt but it just seems a bit weak really. Besides, what's the fun of an event where either side has literally no chance because of numbers?
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: William Helmsley
Title: Lord Helmsley's heir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 pm

I think some certain people should lay off on the aggressive use of words here, as there's absolutely no reason for it. No one needs growing up or any of the like for stating an (in my eyes perfectly normal) opinion. Yes, I talked with Gogol and Geldar along with Morgeth about it the night before, and even though we came to some kind of a conclusion (if you could call it that), I can't say I was too content about certain aspects - most of which weren't necessarily pointed towards anyone in particular, but more like the way things are typically handled out here.

Not to mention your overkill use Protection warriors
I find an overkill of healers - paladins in particular - far more annoying than warriors, really.

Aside from what few "questionings", I think it's safe to say the Horde managed to enjoy themselves still without too much whining going on. Something which, might I say, am somewhat proud of considering how I know things can be far worse, knowing people (and the kind that play this game).
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:54 pm

now now, let's not turn this into a flame thread "he was Ic, he wasnt" or whatever. really is no need.

though if i may venture to say, when a guild invades or lands in an enemy area by sea, cut off from aid by such a distance... with no warlocks, per say, to summon in aid, or mages to open portals... its generally rather hard to get a crack regiment of 'anyone' who deems themselves as RP'ers into the situation with any great speed or numbers considering the distance and obstacles, as well as time restraints

So my question is this... why should DRS have equell numbers, deep behind enemy lines, hundreds of miles from alliance territory, seperated by ocean, without magical means of 'transportation' whilst facing an obviously ever growing defence force summoned by the Blood elves a good week beforehand that travelled by local and acceptable means as shown to be a 'standard' by movements made by both sides earlier in the campaign.

because dag'nabbit, this dun gone confused ma hypocricy bone.

fortunately i hear the actual Battle itself was quite enjoyable, shame i missed it for work. good event dorik.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

My comment referring the Grow up was the usual Bloodwind whine. Not the first I heard about that! However besides the point. The event was fun and I did enjoy it do not get me wrong. Even those times we'd all die [Darn you Morgeth, don't abuse the Ovelia made soul shard].

And thanks for holding back while we eliminated the goon...Even if Mand got killed for it once. Very Happy. I enjoyed making IC crack gloom jokes which I never really get to often. And the hunter traps we had flying all over the place was a nice chuckle. Very Happy
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next