Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2

+5
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Odgan / Keag
Anivitas
Manathon
Coppersocket
9 posters

Go down

[Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2 Empty [Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 pm

This thread is a general interest thread, to view how many from the community that would be interested in this kind of event.
Now, what IS this kind of event?

What I've had in mind for some months, is a pure Gnome-only event, that will give the Gnome community, on this and (possibly) other servers something to do together.
Right, let's explain the event itself.

The idea I had is creating a Gnome raid into Ulduar, or rather, 'another section' of Gnomeregan, still untitled, as I've not figured out what reason we'd head down there etc yet.

But basically:
First, we'd clear out all of the PvE content in Ulduar, everything aside from possibly Yogg, depending on if people want him dead or not.

Second, We'd gather up inside Ulduar, ignoring the outside part of it as Gnomeregan is after all, underground.
The Gnomes in question would have to go through RP trials, such as disarming traps, taking on Trogg parties that would test the mettle of the group. (As we'll try to keep it lore-friendly and actually keep the Troggs very strong compared to Gnomes. Lore-wise it takes around five Gnomes just to down a single Trogg, so yeah. could expect some hard fights unless the Rolls get in your favor)
Turn on/off machines, fight off Lepers, fight plague blobs etc. What you see in Gnomeregan, you can expect to face here. It'll be there, and if I manage to pull the event off as good as I hope (I'll probably need help with some DM'ing, but that can be arranged.) the challenge will be hard, but fun.

The Gnomes could be a random Gnome, or your own Gnome, that's entirely up to you. As for the main bulk of the Gnomes entering I'd suspect be part of, or at least affiliated S.A.F.E. or possibly revive G.E.A.R.S. or G.A.S. for a closing chapter for them.

If there's enough interest here, I'll sit down, think through how to pull this event off, give it some story, get to work to plan the event itself and it's events, then announce it on the realm forums, and possibly on the WoW RP forums as well, and invite some cross-realms over to join the fun.

There will obviously be a level requirement, as you need to be able to enter Ulduar to be able to join.
Another thing that isn't necessarily required, but advised is to have gear that would actually be reasonably Gnomish. That doesn't mean you have to go level engineering, just getting something that'd you'd feel would hit the criteria for a Gnome. Considering the event itself won't have any real mobs, but DM'd ones, you can wear anything of any armor class and weapon class.

And yes, due to the difficult of this events, characters -WILL- die. I'm thinking of having a 'reinforcement number', meaning that people will be given a set amount of lives. This can be either that we have the supplies to revive your character x amount of times, or that your character dies and is replaced by a new Gnome in the next fight. Therefor you should be cautious about bringing your own character into the event, unless you actually want to give him/her a proper challenge while trying to reclaim that section of the homeland.

This'll, like most other events, will naturally be completely IC, so that naturally means if your character dies during the event, well, s/he's dead. So could be a way to kill off any Gnome characters you have, if you're feeling reckless.

Feel free to raise ideas of your own, and if you're wondering why Ulduar and not Gnomeregan? Because Ulduar is simply prettier, and since I don't want it to actually be in the main quarters of Gnomeregan (since I doubt it's as small as it's portrayed in the game) I though we'd just RP out Ulduar as another section of it.
While, looks-wise, it'd be a lot more logical to be in Gnomeregan, I think we'd all appreciate the looks of Ulduar a lot more than the dull environment of Gnomeregan.

And yes, this is a Gnome-only event. Long legs are too stupid for this.
And remember this is a Level +80 event. Nobody below is able to enter, thus nobody below said level is accepted to the event.
Items to make you LOOK like a Gnome are -not- permitted.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

[Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2 Empty Re: [Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2

Post by Manathon Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Yessssssss

I'll make sure to bring Xildon, be it IC or not. If he is to die, it might as well be for the glory that is Gnomeregan!

Also! Could poor, misguided people that don't have gnomes still portray NPCs if they are in the possession of http://www.wowhead.com/item=54651 ?
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

[Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2 Empty Re: [Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm

As the duration is 30minutes and the CD is 4 hours, I'm going to say absolutely not, however for any Gnomes that wish to use it in specific vented regions, they're free to do so.
and No, using Burgy's hat won't change this either. We're not pirates nor ghosts.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm

*Wipes away a single tear and puts Burgy's hat back in the pointless file*
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:20 pm

It's to promote Gnome roleplaying after all, if people could get in that easily, it'd not be to the Gnome community's benefit. We need people who are willing and interested in Gnome RP in general, not people who roleplays a Gnome for a single day just for one specific event. Sure, it'd bring in more players, but can't have more than 24 people anyway. (-1 as I'll be there, obviously)

Even if we don't reach that high number, we'd still have a dedicated few.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:26 pm

That is a good point! Be sure to roll your lasting gnomes, people.
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 pm

[Interest Check] Operation Gnomeregan version 1.2 Naamloosrh
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Will you make it a cross-realm venture by the way but still host it on DB? I'd say throw it up on the realm forum/cross-realm RP forum to offer any other gnomish compatriots an opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 pm

I will, yes. Any Gnome RPer is welcome as long as they're actually Gnome RPers and can follow the guidelines of the event.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 am

After a lil' talk with Xildon, I'll also bring one of my two Gnomes over for this if it happens, either my DK, Hegin. Or Gizbo my Gnome warlock.
If I'm allowed to partake in this awesome looking event.
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 am

Looks good. Smile
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:44 pm

I want to come on Tyron! He may be the complete opposite to a Gnome but how you gonna' reach the high spots?!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Copper. I think we can work out a lucrative reason why we'd venture down there... Very Happy
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Swatti Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Looks awsome! I'll be there (depending on the date)
Swatti
Swatti

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Right, may as well write since I haven't updated anything yet, that this is still going to happen, it may take some time. Got some IRL stuff to take care of then I need to try sit down and plan this out with someone, as I am going to need help if we want to get this going.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swatti Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm

I'd be happy to help out with planning if you need it Very Happy
Swatti
Swatti

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Right, I need to try refuel this somehow. That's not one of my greatest virtues.
Rather, it's one of my worst.

Let's see what I can come up with. I'll call for a small meeting In-game, OOC, where we (who are interested in planning the event) will sit down and look through what we could do.

We're also going to need a group of people to help us clear everything but Yogg. We don't need many, seeing as the content is already quite easy.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Sent out a few invites to those Gnomes I recall the name of (and has been mentioned here) that are available.

If you know any Gnome Rpers that may be interested, this eralm or otherwise, please refeer them to my Battletag.

Spoiler:
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 am

Helmut will be there!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down