Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

+27
Cid
Drustai
Lavian
Amaryl
Arabella Greene
Helmut
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Cathee Norris
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Thondalar Stormleaf
Krogon Devilstep
Sohan
Azarion
Rmuffn
Raelan
Feydor
Sullee Swiftspeech
Samian/Bismack
Rae Wulfgnar
Lexgrad
Larnira
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
Skarain
Littlepip
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. Empty [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:04 pm

This is a Work in Progress (WIP) Meaning that it might or might not happen, this is also something that the public has to decide if it should happen since its a really, really big project!

The will happen in Easter!

Virus was inspired from this. Even thought I didn't know about that it really existed in real life before now...

Operation Blood mist city is a "terrorist" attack planned out by Martha Duskbringer behind the back of Zander, its mainly about using her Blood Mist Bio-weapon to harm the citizens of Stormwind.

What the Blood Mist is:
The Blood Mist Bio-weapon is first of all very much like a virus, meaning it is incredibly difficult to cure. Because of that I advice if your not into staying in a chapel or in a hospital you stay away from the event since it will completely make you go insane.

As for what it causes:
- Virus infects the heart trough the lungs, meaning if you don't breath it in you will stay alive.
- The blood takes the virus into the heart, if it reaches the heart it will be to late and you will be infected, so no use using blood magic to clean the heart after infection.
- Virus forces the heart to go out of control.
- Virus will make the heart beat increase in speed and make the infection go into the blood stream, there it would quickly start moving around the body until it reaches the brain.
- After the blood is infected and it starts moving around in the body and up to the brain, you would start hallucinating, what you would usually see is the following: *Every one around you explodes with a red flash, suddenly every one around you including non-infected would be turned into undead chickens and rabbits, it is really up to yourself what you will see.
- The Virus would also lower your visibility and the world around you would be covered in a dark red mist.
- The Virus would heat up the blood in the body, limiting the body movement and slowing the infected down.
- It could create pain.

Weakness:
The Blood Mist Virus travels trough the air and is very visible, any form of wind magic can blow it away but as long as the Barrels filled with blood remains its useless, recommend burning away the blood. Freezing it down would not be permanent, as soon as that blood starts melting the blood would heat up again and once again release the mist.

How the Virus is transferred from person to person:
[/b]- It cant be done, the only way to get the virus is trough breathing in the Blood Mist virus at its source, the barrels filled with blood. Because the Blood Mist virus only multiply in the infected blood that the barrels caries around.

The Blood Mist Bio-Weapon will be spread around the city in barrels, they cannot be smelled because of glass inside the barrels, they cover the side with a thin layer making sure nothing of smell gets out of the barrels, so don't even think about "Smelling" it out Worgens. There is nothing peculiar about the barrels like the mark of the Scourge or any Shadow magic in them, its only a virus created manually, they was placed around Elwyn forest to make sure the little of shadow magic that was used in creating it leaked slowly out.

If you want to see where the barrels was hidden: A letter to sullee

Currently happening:
Currently being hunted down and delivered into the city by the Cartel.

Needed OOC:
- People who can lead the Project, possibly more then one.
- Role-players that want to go trough this and might see their character die.
- The Regiment.
- The Disciples.
- The Cartel.
(- The Black Hand?)
(- The Three Hammers?)

Once again, this will only happen if enough people agreed with the Event, this event will only harm people.
It is up to YOU if your character will die, get harmed or be there if the event should happen.

Hope it doesn't sound to OP or godlike and remember.. No Meta-Gaming!

From Martha Duskbringer.

Last edited by Martha Duskbringer on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 8 times in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Skarain Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Sounds interesting and best of luck with your project, although i would re-word "incredibly difficult" to cure, instead of "close to impossible". Remember the Plague of Undeath. It was extremely dangerous and deadly, but it to could be cured through both alchemy and Light, as long as done before the victim died, if i remember right. It creates its own Roleplay when the players attempt to come up the cure or ways to counter the disease (or virus, whatever you wish to call it).

Just a friendly tip. I approve the event and effort of creating Roleplaying otherwise! Smile

Last edited by Skarain on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Considering half of mankind fell to a plague because of the poorly managed distribution of food, I'm not sure how viable this event sounds. It'd be incredibly difficult to spread a virus like this around Stormwind.

Considering the implications of a virus that "would be incredibly hard to heal" would have such a massive impact on Stormwind (it would wipe out a large number of the population) I could only accept something like this if it was created through Blizzard's lore. You're practically dismantling the heart of the Alliance in one swift virus.

I think it'd be safe to assume that every single barrel coming into the city is checked.

Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Thanks to Vaell and Skarain, you two seems eager for the event Very Happy

Added three options on how the Virus should be transferred from Person to Person and made the Virus "Incredibly difficult to cure" Instead of "Close to impossible". Thank you Skarain for that.

As for Vaell... That's why Martha told Sullee to smuggle the goods inside, not being rude but that is why you should check out A letter to Sullee.

Last edited by Martha Duskbringer on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Good luck with the event(though considering that I ussually play on my dk means that he won't be harmed in any way, not sure about Tuo or Gren).

I think it'd be safe to assume that every single barrel coming into the city is checked.
*shrug* It's a conjecture like any other. To be honest, I don't see the control over the goods entering the city so complete or so 'safe'. I mean, it is not even in modern times in western countries, I highly doubt that in a fantasy setting like that of wow, there is a true control of 'every single barrel' entering a capital city. Sounds ridiculous. Especially if said barrels don't show at first glance anything odd/wrong.
Secondarily, we must remember that Plagues in Middle Ages were common and very asking on the numbers of the population(it's estimated that the Black Death of the XIVth Century killed half of the European population), so I find it quite normal that such a Plague would hit Stormwind, which is Middle Agey at least for what relates food and hygiene conditions..

To avoid though the worst issues(as in really getting half of the population wiped out) it's easy to think about countermeasures as soon as the plague it's discovered. Considering that the Light works, among many other things, as a sterilizer and a purifier of sorts, it's not hard to think that the Holy community would try soon to contain the plague and in short, sterilize the whole city using the Light. Of course, that needs great organization and good sense of the group, and this is where I think they'll fail.

I'd ask Martha though to be more precise on the nature of the plague: is it a real virus, a spell encased in the mist, or something else?
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Good luck with the event, i would be willing to play a SI:7 working to catch you like always Very Happy
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Longknife/Decurius wrote:I'd ask Martha though to be more precise on the nature of the plague: is it a real virus, a spell encased in the mist, or something else?

The blood is, as I said earlier in the text. Not Spell encased.
Its a real virus, the Red Mist it creates is from the boiling hot blood in the barrels, when the virus enters the body the first thing it will do is heat up the blood, slowing down the body movement and the reaction time of the body, not to mention it would hurt... I should write this down. Thanks Richard! o/
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I would use a bacteria rather than a virus just for a great range of reasons, for one there is no tech/science in Azeroth likely that can even understand what a virus is.

I would make it as deady as Skar suggests with the addition it is wind blown and cant last long out of the presence of a body. So it is a useful RPly lever that means you are not shutting down the whole city for weeks or anything. Obviously the exact details should be left to IC research but in principle if you dropped it in bar x then it would need to be contained for a night or something. making loads of RP for all.

Finally remember no plague, is ever 100% deadly and 100% contagious, if it was so it would munch one town and die out. Plagues need survivors if they are to spread.

Feel free to PM me, I will help plan if you like. Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:25 pm

This is the main reason I love posting in the forum, there is many people that wants to help and even more people gives me ideas to make the "virus/Bacteria" More friendly to Roleplayers.

I would use a bacteria rather than a virus just for a great range of reasons, for one there is no tech/science in Azeroth likely that can even understand what a virus is.

I might change it, but it isn't likely since I love that the virus should be very difficult to cure.

Finally remember no plague, is ever 100% deadly and 100% contagious, if it was so it would munch one town and die out. Plagues need survivors if they are to spread.

There is a vote going on right now, check out the options and then just say a number. When enough players have voted I will go for what they thought I should go for to make it all much more fair.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:32 pm

there is a true control of 'every single barrel' entering a capital city. Sounds ridiculous.
One: It's not the middle-ages, it's a fantasy setting, you do realise they have magic, right? Their facilities to cure things are actually far greater than our modern world because they can resurrect dead people with magic. Sounds ridiculous, right?

But the reason it is safe to assume that they would fund the checking of barrels is because, as I said, half of mankind was pretty much wiped out from a plague created by their enemies doing the exact same method. The Humans are a paranoid lot as it is and it's such a simple thing to do that you have to wonder, why wouldn't the undead be doing it if it were so simple?

Spreading an incredibly dangerous plague around the capital of the Alliance is god emoting as far as I'm concerned. You're slaughtering thousands of people and yet there will be no mention of it past "Council" and player lore.

It would be fun to try and combat it but it shouldn't be in the capital, even if the cartel agreed to smuggle it in (If they did, they're the worst businessmen in history! The first people to die are their drug abusers!) it should be controlled for the sake of canon lore.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:35 pm

On the other hand Vaell, Humans are stupid XD. Scourge are dead and with them are the fear of barrels. Now people are afraid of arcane bombs.

For a real life version, who is afraid of ww3 any more?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:43 pm

I have to agree with Vaell. And all disease/magic/curses can be cured by shamans/Lighties/druids, there is also potions designed to cure such as well, so I imagine the fantasy world has some knowledge of how things work.

"For a real life version, who is afraid of ww3 any more?"

With the threat of undead still taking over parts of Alliance territory there will still be the fear of the plague, because its still happening. It never stopped, unlike real lifes World Wars. There is still the threat of terrorism, thats why our airport security has gone up.

"I might change it, but it isn't likely since I love that the virus should be very difficult to cure."

As fun as it is for you, spending weeks doing healing rp on tons of Role players to save their characters from death, is not so much fun. We've already had a virus break out at least three times already!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Now I want to ask those who are really interested in this, because of balancing out the Roleplay I will give an options to people that will completely change the RP, this will be one of the most important things in the roleplay so choose wisely

How the Virus is transferred from person to person:
(Option 1) Only trough blood to blood contact.
(Option 2) Blood that touches the ground creates a small amount of Blood mist, if someone breathes that inn they will be infected
(Option 3) It cant be done, the only way to get the virus is trough breathing in the Blood Mist virus at its source, the barrels filled with blood.

It will make it easier for people who will be saving characters from death knowing that they have had a choice, I personally want to go for Option 3 because it would balance things out, but it is up to you people.

Last edited by Martha Duskbringer on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Lexgrad wrote:On the other hand Vaell, Humans are stupid XD. Scourge are dead and with them are the fear of barrels. Now people are afraid of arcane bombs.

For a real life version, who is afraid of ww3 any more?
Well, considering the Forsaken showed them that the plague is still very much alive, I don't think humanities paranoia/awareness of their enemy has been diminished. For a real life version, how many people still look at muslims and think "TALIBAN?!"

The thing is that, though I'm all lights green for a server wide event, I think it needs to be server focused instead of something that would have such massive implications to Blizzard's canon lore.

EDIT: That isn't to say you can't do that, I'm just warning you that a lot of people will look at this as a loller event.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Communists are human - Taliban are human. People are not afraid of the taliban due to nukes. Further proof, what ever happened to the threat of "dirty bombs".
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Ok... Have a feeling we are going a little Out of topic here so please go back to the event instead of whatever this is going to..
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Considering my previous encounter with the biological warfare, please please please just try to make it fun for everyone and not just for yourself
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Make the disease an STD and let it spread through ERP..
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 pm

That is going to be difficult, really hard to to.. But most likely I wont be the one leading it, since I have never been the leading type. I em just the one with the idea's, or the evil scientist as some would call it.

I em trying my best to make it balanced, but I em afraid as long as I em the leader it will always end up being stupid so I will need someone else that can lead it..

Maybe Raenmar, Skarain or even Drustai would be interested.

Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:Make the disease an STD and let it spread through ERP..
Hehe, Erpes. xD

Last edited by Martha Duskbringer on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 pm

You are an evil genius, Sullee. A fat evil genius.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:35 pm

I dub thee "Blood mist", you shall from now on be called, Erpes!
(Joke)
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Rae Wulfgnar wrote: We've already had a virus break out at least three times already

Sorry, but this.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Not too shabby idea, a bit over the top. But certainly ambitious.

Server needs more widespread rp. And a catastrophy isn't too bad. Just don't make it unstoppable.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:08 pm

No worries, I won't do that.
Who knows maybe I will one day strike Orgrimmar or Silvermoon city next.. I have no idea how I will do that but, Meh *Shrugs*

Also another note to the people, its not a plague. A plague would spread rapidly from person to person, killing most people in its quake, The Blood Mist virus is a Bio-Weapon that wont spread from person to person, only from the infected blood in the barrels, they wont multiply any other place then that.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarion Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Big ass nope from me. Not that I can stop you. I don't mean to sound offensive, but from past experience with you I just don't think you'd be suitable for something so catastrophic.
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Name: Azarion
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next