Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Project] Hero Class Initiative.

+17
Seranita
Allonia_Miral
Charlie Blazesong
Gilran
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Zaraj
Muzjhath
Ledgic
Amaryl
Raene
Rae Wulfgnar
Beladon
Thelos
Vardrek/Burgen
siegmund
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[Project] Hero Class Initiative. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Project] Hero Class Initiative.

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Hmyes, but practice proves otherwise, doesn't it? Death Knights are not more powerful then the other classes in the game.

You know why?

Because we're all heroes, bro.
We all are.
<3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[Project] Hero Class Initiative. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Project] Hero Class Initiative.

Post by Vaell Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:26 pm

We do play the hero, but the game points to having 1 - 40 odd heroes in both factions. Most of WoW is a single player RPG experience. There are not thousands of heroes running around, if you actually believe that then you're incredibly naive. It literally makes no sense. There would be a million unanswered questions.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Try not to think about it too much.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:31 pm

I prefer to do the complete opposite. Overthink it! Try and pinpoint exactly what the world is and where your character fits into it.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Vaell wrote:I prefer to do the complete opposite. Overthink it! Try and pinpoint exactly what the world is and where your character fits into it.
The world my character inhabits isn't any bigger than the characters he interacts with.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Vaell wrote:I prefer to do the complete opposite. Overthink it! Try and pinpoint exactly what the world is and where your character fits into it.
i think your probably going to struggle there.. of all the games that ever existed wow has the most contradictions.., the biggest veriaty in the way lore can be interprited and in some casses such a lack of lore that one can do anything with it

so thus.. good luck ^.^
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 pm

This is like alcoholics anonymous...

I TOO HAVE ROLEPLAYED A BLADEMASTER! And now I roleplay an ex-Blademaster.

I don't care if people want to roleplay a hero class, its no different to me than someone wanting to roleplay a skinny human or stupid gnome.

I think to enhance it you need to actually roleplay it out though, you can't just say "Oh. My dwarf is a mountain king." if you dont look like one, or roleplay like one.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Vaell wrote:There are not thousands of heroes running around, if you actually believe that then you're incredibly naive.
Maybe not thousands, but not one King brought down Onyxia. Not one Warden brought down the Betrayer. Not one Paladin brought down the Lich King. Not one Shaman brought down Deathwing, and it certainly wasn't one 'Hero' who brought down a Warchief.

It's always commented that during every fight, every boss battle, every attack, every instance, and every scenario, Heroes were there to do these acts alongside the Champions who speak for us in the cinematics. Which is why if someone says "I helped Maiev bring down Illidan", or "I was there to see what truly happened to Bolvar Fordragon", I'm not even going to bat an eyelid, and I'll just accept it.

Certainly these things must happen, otherwise who would be there to tell the lighties in the Cathedral that Benedictus was a tool, and Bolvar is actually the Lich King?
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 am

People were there during the fight, but it's often stated a small group of heroes (they refer to the raiding party) brought down Illidan etc.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:39 am

o.o That's... What I just said.

That these small groups of heroes, soon add up when repeatedly, these small groups of heroes seemingly disappear afterwards and new heroes take their place for the next instance boss, or raid boss.

There's a loooooooot of bosses out there that have formed over the years, easily in the hundreds. If you need a minimum of a 5 man pug instance group, that's a lot of heroes when it all adds together.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 am

He said it before you said it, you just didn't read the whole post no one mentioned just one hero being in raids.

One belives for it to be more or less the same heroes over and over. And another that heroes are many more but just more spread out. Up to personal thoughts i supose.

The word hero here being thrown about is just confusing, so other types of hero related things were thrown about now.

Also this:

"Hero class" meant that the DK started at higher level (and also with a lot of blue gear and so on). We thought it made sense for the DK story because you're treated as a high-level character and veteran of past events. We didn't think that made as much sense for the monk, especially when there were so many low-level pandaren running around, and the (perhaps flimsy) justification for non-pandaren monks learning how to be monks from the pandaren. We might very well use hero classes again if it makes sense for a future class though." — Ghostcrawler - The Term "Hero Class".
But to the point the trhead isn't about any heroes it's about "Classes" if you may that are not the generalized basic class given to you to play. So a discusion about that might be best in another thread.

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:17 pm

last night I had a few (too many) Drinks with a friend i haven't seen in a while.

When i am suitably less hungover (dead) I'l read through all these posts, though judging by the first few i read theres been some very interesting input.

please do keep it all coming!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Damn you should have called Wulfgnar on Skype, we'd have a new NO QUARTER-style video by now
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4