Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Project] Hero Class Initiative.

+17
Seranita
Allonia_Miral
Charlie Blazesong
Gilran
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Zaraj
Muzjhath
Ledgic
Amaryl
Raene
Rae Wulfgnar
Beladon
Thelos
Vardrek/Burgen
siegmund
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Project] Hero Class Initiative. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Project] Hero Class Initiative.

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:52 pm

erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[Project] Hero Class Initiative. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Project] Hero Class Initiative.

Post by Azmariel Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:59 pm

I thought that a Witch Hunter was a cleric that specialized in killing female Gilnean druids...

Oh, and cause havoc on the streets of Stormwind just because Holy Light.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Well, there isn't really an equivalent of warhammer-style witch hunters in world of warcraft lore. But that doesn't have to stop you from role-playing one. Just get a rifle and recite prayers a lot.

Done.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Didnt the chapter have witch hunters?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:07 pm

My point exactly. Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Garrosh called Sylvanas a bitch. Just sayin'
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:21 pm

o.O oh no!! not a chaptarian! how the hell did that sneek up on me!! o.O *cowers*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:49 pm

I don't know if that fits in with this thread exactly... (as it was more aimed toward warcraft universe classes) But who knows, maybe its viable?

...Questions you'd have to ask are, which of the core classes would you use? hunter/paladin?

What trinkets/tools/props could work? maybe throw vials of holy water? lightforge frag grenades? so on... so forth.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Which of the core classes would you use? hunter/paladin?
Hunter, Rogue or Warror. Preferably hunter. Paladins can't use guns.

What trinkets/tools/props could work? maybe throw vials of holy water? lightforge frag grenades? so on... so forth.
Anything that works to affirm the theme. Combat is the least of your worries, you'll be spending 90% of your RP time out of combat. You want to make sure you're playing your hunter/warrior/rogue as pious as you would a holy priest. That's really all you really have to do to make it work.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:16 pm

A fire truck.

Bare with me. A fire truck with a water tank full of holy water, so she can use the water-cannon to spray the heretical infidel masses--

...what? can't I have a joke? D:
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:23 pm

You know what's a nice in-game equivalent of a fire truck?

A water elemental.

A holy. Water. Elemental.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:23 pm

That gets summoned from a rune on the gun!
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:I don't know if that fits in with this thread exactly...  (as it was more aimed toward warcraft universe classes) But who knows, maybe its viable?

...Questions you'd have to ask are, which of the core classes would you use? hunter/paladin?

to clarify on this more I actualy rp both paladin and hunter equaly as it greatly depends on where monny is, who she is facing as an enamy and who she is with.

she uses the following wepons, a 2H hammer of naaru, a Rifle, yes she uses holy water vials, she also has a large barrel sized explosive thats filled with blessed shrapnel and small glass balls of holy water for use when in undead area's like pluagelands, duskwood, etc..

when in barrans she picked up her heavy armour and hammer due to the nessesity of there being a lot of close combat fighting ic and ooc, however when facing off against a deathknight she prefer's to keep them away as well as with cultists and witches and will use her rifle and blessed rounds at that time, trinkets i dont realy class as ic, she has a wide veriaty of explosives that can be used when asked for or needed and has a skill with mecanical objects, hope that answers you krogon
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:32 pm

You've got such a fantastic original pool of inspiration to draw from as a Draenei, and you're going with typical human methods and icons? For shame.

You should be shooting a divine laser gun if you ask me. Pew pew.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:37 pm

well I normaly would  and it would be more of a plasma rifle which uses them nice purple gems to build up the power.. however sadly blizz have not made any such draenic wepon.. they only made a draenic bow which.. has a string and not like what one would think but a string made of only light  Sad.. but if people ask for details of monny's rifle..  it is heavily modified with bits of draenic tec around it.. like additional scope.. a gyroscope to help counter movement to improve accurecy.. an additional chamber to cote said projectile with holy water as the bulit leaves the barrel for added effect against undead  etc

however i tend to downplay these abilities unless people are fine with them as some people would go lol what? and not rp with me as it would make it quite the op wepon
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:55 pm

but if people ask for details of monny's rifle..  it is heavily modified with bits of draenic tec around it.. like additional scope.. a gyroscope to help counter movement to improve accurecy.. an additional chamber to cote said projectile with holy water as the bulit leaves the barrel for added effect against undead  etc
Then It's best to have a gun model that actually looks like it has those things.
Monrena wrote:however sadly blizz have not made any such draenic wepon..
This gun looks sufficiently Alien:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=81066/yan-zhus-pressure-valve

This one looks decisively magical, especially like the hologram-cross-hairs, very nice.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=44504/nesingwary-4000

This one looks very magical as well!
http://www.wowhead.com/item=96525/

And finally, this one looks like a nice cross-over between "Azerothian" tech and magical additions.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=59367/kickback-5000

however i tend to downplay these abilities unless people are fine with them as some people would go lol what? and not rp with me as it would make it quite the op wepon
There is no reason why a holy laser beam should be more powerful then a flash of holy water.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:I am, in no way shape of form, Trying to remove any isolation from myself.

I RP with a lich named Jean-baptiste for example, So its definatly not an isolation matter. and no its not about power, why do people keep bringing this up? Do the alliance have some fixation over how strong a character is? My Orc gets pasted all the time, and I never revert to nor use the "I'm a Blademaster" argument in any way, especially since numerous examples of these 'Hero' classes get whacked around and solo'd everyday by adventurers...

I RP My Orc as a Blademaster because I find the character type interesting, the history, the skills, the honor code, the samurai like tint. Its interests me.

The crowd control thing Has me intrigued however. In what way Am I controlling/allowing anyone to play a particular way? This thread was made to generate interest in finding ways too and actually help people who want to (whoever they may be) RP these seldom seen and Harder to roleplay character types. Provide examples of tools, props, methods and so forth.

Though your points are all valid and interesting Zaraj, it rather seems to highlight two things.

Firstly that some people choose class based on what power it gives them, so heavens above some people cannot play hero classes as that would mean others are lesser to them!  D:

And that others, such as myself, Don't. As we judge things from character to character rather than by a big shiny title.

I was going to post a list of trinkets and items I use to enhance my 'blademaster' look, but I'm quickly loosing the will too...
I don't see this thread as being anything "damaging" really, nor you embracing the idea of playing a Blademaster as something wrong. All I fail to see is kinda the point of even using the hero class titles of Blademaster and Mountain King, as they inherently have power within the lore. A dwarf warrior with a hammer and axe would probably be the same as a Mountain King (perhaps not technically, but in essence) without having to deal with the mess that might come out of calling yourself a Mountain King.

But then again, that doesn't really matter that much if it somehow yields someone somewhere good RP. I've seen stranger cases in RP that has given me fun (though not necessarily more stranger or more fun than a futunari vampire half-elf half-tauren dreadlord that's also a librarian in a small town tavern).

That said, for the sake of discussion only, there is the case of lore interpretations and all that. We aren't necessarily given all the details and dogmas that define either of the Hero Classes, so what would exactly, for example, would Blademaster honor code etc be? The mentality that defines them? It's probably safe to assume that you could just copy paste samurai codes of honor and change a few words and that'd be pretty much it, but maybe one comes across another person RPing a Blademaster who doesn't exactly agree with one's interpretations. Kinda the same issue when a friend of mine said his character was arathorian, and then got a bible of fan lore that was supposedly the history of the arathorians.

On a closing note, for the sake of productivity, I'll prolly just say that Shadow Hunters might be interested in the reading the Vol'jin faction leader short story. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/leader-story/voljin/1
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

This one looks decisively magical, especially like the hologram-cross-hairs, very nice.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=44504/nesingwary-4000..

yes that i like.. still none of them have the same draenic architecture as the draeneic 2H hammer, the draenic shield and the others
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:23 pm

I always found average joe characters have the most depth. It gives you something to aspire to, to train towards and later - hopefully - become. My characters are rather average or have a fatal flaw which renders their OPness useless, e.g. my elderly orc blademaster is a somewhat senile, blind, pacifist who focuses any wrath he has on fishing.

I do have one OP char, my monster hunter, but he wouldn't touch another player in PvP and I played him more like an NPC quest giver for those events.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Guys! Guys!

...This thread isn't about your characters BDZ power level! That's a whole other discussion. Hero classes aren't more powerful then any other classes.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:38 pm

exactly Erwten.. Monny by herself .. strip away her wepons and armour is probably about as strong and confident as a hobo in westfall..

well mabie an exaguration^.^ but it holds true.. i do wonder if others here have got cross class toons?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:38 pm

I find it funny how this became about OPness rather than finding things that fit the characters.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:39 pm

I honestly don't have problems with people growing into a hero class. I think you can start out as X and eventually become Y after a long time of training and exceptional feats, maybe even involving an entire guild/group of people. I wouldn't have anything against a dwarf warrior eventually becoming a mountain king after a long series of victories against the Horde, for example. It's all about how good you are, how hard have you worked for this and how many people acknowledge this change thanks to the previous requisites.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Monrena wrote:I do wonder if others here have got cross class toons?
I constantly shuffle characters around. Alph (the mage) has been played with a Priest (For levitate) a Paladin (Battlemage experiment), a mage (duh) and now there's a warlock on the way (for the Blood Mage look).

My Witch Doctor Jahzeem has been played with a Shaman (best looking troll gear available), a Priest (best fitting "spirit world" special FX), a Death Knight (his dead body spent some time as a zombie) and these days, a Monk (Again, for the special FX).

I sometimes need some time to really figure out which direction I want to take a character, and sometimes that direction changes.

It's also got to do with trying to balance what OOC game-play I enjoy and what character types I want to role-play.

However much I try to bend "the rules" though, I always seem to loop back to the most obvious choice. I've never really gotten into the monk witch doctor as much as I'd have hoped, and which-ever other class I try for my mage to, for example, allow him/her to wear armor, it just doesn't end up feeling quite right.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Actually, hero classes generally are more powerful. That's where the term comes from, the heroes of warcraft. The reason that they've always been a bit of a taboo to play is because of that.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next