Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Project] Hero Class Initiative.

+17
Seranita
Allonia_Miral
Charlie Blazesong
Gilran
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Zaraj
Muzjhath
Ledgic
Amaryl
Raene
Rae Wulfgnar
Beladon
Thelos
Vardrek/Burgen
siegmund
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Project] Hero Class Initiative. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Project] Hero Class Initiative.

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 pm

I am, in no way shape of form, Trying to remove any isolation from myself.

I RP with a lich named Jean-baptiste for example, So its definatly not an isolation matter. and no its not about power, why do people keep bringing this up? Do the alliance have some fixation over how strong a character is? My Orc gets pasted all the time, and I never revert to nor use the "I'm a Blademaster" argument in any way, especially since numerous examples of these 'Hero' classes get whacked around and solo'd everyday by adventurers...

I RP My Orc as a Blademaster because I find the character type interesting, the history, the skills, the honor code, the samurai like tint. Its interests me.

The crowd control thing Has me intrigued however. In what way Am I controlling/allowing anyone to play a particular way? This thread was made to generate interest in finding ways too and actually help people who want to (whoever they may be) RP these seldom seen and Harder to roleplay character types. Provide examples of tools, props, methods and so forth.

Though your points are all valid and interesting Zaraj, it rather seems to highlight two things.

Firstly that some people choose class based on what power it gives them, so heavens above some people cannot play hero classes as that would mean others are lesser to them! D:

And that others, such as myself, Don't. As we judge things from character to character rather than by a big shiny title.

I was going to post a list of trinkets and items I use to enhance my 'blademaster' look, but I'm quickly loosing the will too...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[Project] Hero Class Initiative. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Project] Hero Class Initiative.

Post by Thelos Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Zaraj's raises a good point. There's a certain amount of power that these hero class titles hold, whether the player himself acknowledges it or not. I don't think I have ever actually had my character claim the 'Lich' title ICly though. I just use it as an OOC label to describe his particular set of skills and that's about it. If other characters start to puzzle together the individual pieces and say to themselves: "If it looks like a Lich, talks liks a Lich and casts like a Lich... It's probably a Lich," then I'll probably embrace it. If not, he'll just be an awkward, bumbling and neurotic Forsaken caster that specializes in Necromancy and Frost Magic.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Thelos - worlds worst lich Very Happy

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Thelos - worlds worst lich Very Happy

Pretty much.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 pm

My rules are simple---

If you can pull off the looks. You can pull off the class.

Blood elf in red robes with Verdant Spheres? Boom, you are now a blood mage.
Dwarf warrior in huge armor wielding an axe and a hammer? Boom, you are now a Mountain King.
Orc dude with a bare chest and a big sword? Boom, you are now a blade master.

Simple.

For me it's all about going the extra mile to get the looks just right. I'm leveling a blood elf warlock at the moment just for the green spheres, so I can get these shoulders and be this guy.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Cerik Ironforge wrote:
But yes, the purpose of the thread is murky, I don't entirely understand what you are trying to achieve with it, as in, are we discussing this, are we doing something etc. Perhaps refining the objective/purpose of the thread is good idea so there's more of a focus on what exactly we're discussing, otherwise I fear the thread (and it is a good idea!) may actually be buried / forgotten rather quickly.
I think that Krogon here wants to set an example or a guide of some sort on how to properly roleplay those exotic classes, by experimenting and so forth to figure the right combinations on how to accordingly immerse yourself into this delicate classes. That's at least what I gathered from the post, might have misunderstood it myself.

I do not believe Mountain-King should be given an attempt, because it literally makes you somewhat OP, considering the lore behind this class. Regardless, though, if an experienced Roleplayer gives that a shot, perhaps might not turn out that bad after all.

Other than that, I do agree it is rather good initiative since it inspires creativity and experience!
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:52 pm

If anyone knows the mistakes and pitfuls of being op it is Krogon. Take heed to what he says.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:53 am

Hope I caught what this thread is about.

It is really what you do with it though isnt it? I dont really RP a hero class and the only times I tried was with a death knight, failed miserably. Because I dont feel I can rp the grimness I think the character should have. I just dont feel right RPing him. Getting the right feeling is all I'm looking for in RP at the moment. That is also the reason I didn't rp a female for so long because I didn't feel I could pull it off correctly.

And one shouldnt hold ones past against them if they have learned from it, thats what I think.

Right now I have taken interest in mixing adventurer with mage and is having a problem with mixing how good knowledge he would have in each field with the other one pulling him slightly away. He is basicly the adventurer type that enjoys excitment(reason why he hangs with the cartel rather than smug mages) and have learned a lot over his years devling into ruins to find lost treasures.

At the moment I find him a tad bit too great in the magefield considering all the time he has spent adventuring and such. That is also a thing with this thread I think would be a great addition, how well the character mixes the time he has been alive and what he does with his abilites.

I also have a problem depicting a class for Stig, since he is pretty much going all around now with being an engineer and learning magic from his mother. There is also a lot of stuff I cant really remember as it is late.

Slightly derailed:
Spoiler:
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 am

personally I'm not a fan of people playing things that are no represented in-game through their character. I.E being a half-elf. The same opinion i have with stuff like hero-classes. That said, i've never not rped with anyone that didn't share my views on RP, as that would mean 99% of you fuckers out there won't be able to grace the awesomeness that is my pure and only true views of RP.

Because having fun is the most important thing, I really don't care if you play a futunari vampire half-elf half-tauren dreadlord that's also a librarian in a small town tavern. In fact, i'd probably have fun RPing with you too! Because I don't tend to take things really that serious.

Any effort to increase depth of RP is one i'm all for. So keep up the good work Seiken.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:15 am

Amaryl wrote:A futunari vampire half-elf half-tauren dreadlord that's also a librarian in a small town tavern.
Idea 
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:36 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Amaryl wrote:A futunari vampire half-elf half-tauren dreadlord that's also a librarian in a small town tavern.
Idea 
Aparently you have discovered Alphéls secret.

But to the topic, it's interesting if one wants to do things a bit diffrently play some class that is sort of mixed into the base classes or something. Some can pull things off great, some can pull it off average and some fail miserably at some concepts.

I had a few ideas over the past one was probably used anyway or not... A conjurer type who summons weapons, beasts, etc. Could use the hunter class (Go marksman for the stun shot so you can use it IC maybe or just an arrow thing). And well sort of a summoner/conjurer/fighter type. One could have a veriety of weapons like dual wielding, bows which fire arcane shots and so on. Of course one would need to keep in mind that he is good at X and Y like for example conjuring a weapon out of nothing! No need to carry much things with him, but like conjured weapons wouldn't be as effective or somehting or so.

But most of the things i think of i don't really put into play it's hard to have too many characters as it is.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 am

Amaryl wrote:personally I'm not a fan of people playing things that are no represented in-game through their character. I.E being a half-elf. The same opinion i have with stuff like hero-classes.
I agree, which is why I think this:

erwtenpeller wrote:If you can pull off the looks. You can pull off the class.
Is a good principle.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

And if my duck ends up being mistaken for a platypus, then I'll play it as a platypus; if that platypus gets mistaken for a duck, I'll play it as a duck.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 am

Some seem to forget just saying you're a hero means nothing to anyone, you have to prove and convince people with your chars that is the problem. Even that way a simple guard can be a hero possibly even bigger of a hero then that blademaster.

Last edited by siegmund on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 am

siegmund wrote:
I had a few ideas over the past one was probably used anyway or not... A conjurer type who summons weapons, beasts, etc. Could use the hunter class (Go marksman for the stun shot so you can use it IC maybe or just an arrow thing). And well sort of a summoner/conjurer/fighter type. One could have a veriety of weapons like dual wielding, bows which fire arcane shots and so on. Of course one would need to keep in mind that he is good at X and Y like for example conjuring a weapon out of nothing! No need to carry much things with him, but like conjured weapons wouldn't be as effective or somehting or so.
That's Archer!!!

[Project] Hero Class Initiative. - Page 2 1192241166_20061218-Archer-UBW

I'm not sure if anyone will even get this weird reference.... but I had to.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

siegmund wrote:Some seem to forget just saying you're a hero means nothing to anyone, you have to prove and convince people with your chars that is the problem. Even that way a simple guard can be a hero possibly even bigger of a hero then that blademaster.
So get out there and start quacking!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

siegmund wrote:Some seem to forget just saying you're a hero means nothing to anyone.
I work under the assumption that everyone is a hero <3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:45 am

Hah sorta but i belive in the world of warcraft i'd make sense too. Hunters do least in spells have some magical shot types and races like high elves had rangers so i belive they sometimes added the magic touch. Still this would be more of like even summoning a pet or having a familiar like a pet out but when need be i'd turn into a bigger cat! Or something.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
siegmund wrote:Some seem to forget just saying you're a hero means nothing to anyone.
Well we have plenty of heroes of swearing around does that count?

Hero class: Badmouther
Weakness: Soap
Stongest ability: Telling you that you're a cunt
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:48 am

siegmund wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:
Well we have plenty of heroes of swearing around does that count?

Hero class: Badmouther
Weakness: Soap
Stongest ability: Telling you that you're a cunt
Is that Wolf? I'd also like to add a weakness to bullets.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:48 am

siegmund wrote:Hah sorta but i belive in the world of warcraft i'd make sense too. Hunters do least in spells have some magical shot types and races like high elves had rangers so i belive they sometimes added the magic touch. Still this would be more of like even summoning a pet or having a familiar like a pet out but when need be i'd turn into a bigger cat! Or something.
Dude, it's totally legit. On horde we've got plenty of people playing Shadow Hunters with magical arrows and spirit beast pets--- It's the same thing, done with a different mystical explanation.

The most important part is making your hunter look like a spell caster, rather then a woodsman.

siegmund wrote:Well we have plenty of heroes of swearing around does that count?
No, swearing is bad. I find myself having a really hard time taking characters seriously that toss cuss words around. It just... Doesn't seem to fit in with the world.

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
siegmund wrote:Hah sorta but i belive in the world of warcraft i'd make sense too. Hunters do least in spells have some magical shot types and races like high elves had rangers so i belive they sometimes added the magic touch. Still this would be more of like even summoning a pet or having a familiar like a pet out but when need be i'd turn into a bigger cat! Or something.
Dude, it's totally legit. On horde we've got plenty of people playing Shadow Hunters with magical arrows and spirit beast pets--- It's the same thing, done with a different mystical explanation.

The most important part is making your hunter look like a spell caster, rather then a woodsman.
In that case I may need help to make my char more magey, right now he looks like Indiana Jones with a mismatching hat.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:51 am

Heh didn't say it isn't possible Erwt, but I am not familiar with horde side so I don't see it played out as much. Plus my idea was more of a Mage type rather then a shadow hunter and spirit related, but still close enough!

Also a simple beggar can be a hero if he wants to. Even if he does one action, or decides to make a diffrence. And on the other hand you can have a young acomplished war veteran and he just sits in a bar and drinks.

Both are heroes but only one will convince people IC or even possibly OOC for that matter.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:22 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Back when I still played I worked under the assumption that no one was =D

As for playing classes not 100% represented in game, as some have stated. If you can make it look like it, go for it.
USE THE POTIONS YOUNG PADAWAN!
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Gained some rather surprising and helpful input thus far from the last page or two of comments.

keep them coming!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:48 pm

oh my this thread exploded!!

ok seen as in the earlear things were batted around.. so lets put forth a discription..c an anyone put a name to it?

A light wielder who prefers to use a rifle over a hammer.. blessing rounds and using ranged light bassed attacks.. sort of like a cross between paladin and hunter?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next