Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor.

+15
Catari
erwtenpeller
Grufftoof
Rae Wulfgnar
Coppersocket
Ledgic
Krogon Devilstep
Drustai
Thrakha
siegmund
Lexgrad
Thelos
Kristeas Sunbinder
Vaell
Dorothee/Duvaineth
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor. Empty Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Saronite is an element associated with the Old God Yogg-Saron.  According to the Archivum Console in Ulduar, a powerful acid found within Yogg-Saron is believed to be responsible for the liquefaction of Saronite.

Borus Ironbender, remarks  that he had never seen a metal "breathe" before, and that the only people who seemed to know what this metal was were the tuskarr. They called it the Black Blood of Yogg-Saron.

Judging by the fact that most modern Scourge fortresses in Northrend  are constructed of Saronite, it's clear that Black Blood of Yogg-Saron is simply another name for this metal.

Saronite Uses in Building
-Ice Crown Citadel  
-Ramparts,
- Spires 
-Cathedrals 

Saronite Uses in War
- Armor
-Weapons
-Arrow heads
-Bullets
-Explosives
-Modifying ghoul bodies with broken shards placed in them

Saronite was rare Only outside of Norhrend
Due to its rarity outside Northrend , saronite armor was only given to death knights of Acherus who truly proved themselves in battle against the enemies of the Scourge.

Its Weight 
The metal itself is very strong and  is 1/4 the weight of steel.

A simple math example  
A bar of steel  with the width, height and length of 2 Centimeters each= 4 KG
A bar of saronite  with the width, height and length of 2 Centimeters each= 1 KG

-Due to being lighter than Steel a Dk can probably wear thicker saronite armor than it would be if crafted from steel.

Endurance

Korfax takes a few swings, but his reaper bounces right off.
Crusade Commander Korfax says: What the? My reaper didn't even scratch it! That's the toughest ore I've ever seen!

Resistant to Nature Magic
Rimblat and Rayne cast a shaman and druid spell on the saronite.
Rayne says: By the Goddess. It's as if Nature can't touch it!

Light Magics effect  (title edited thanxs to Coppersockets observation)
Avenger Metz says: Fine. Just remember, though. The power of the Holy Light isn't something to be invoked casually, brother. 
Metz casts Hammer of Wrath on the ore.
Avenger Metz says: What's it doing?! 
The assembled party and many npcs nearby get knocked flat by an explosion of some sort.

Edit: Many questions lay unanswered here. Did they suffer any burns or wounds? Or were they just thrown back?
Metz was above it in melee range. The answer is important so we can determine what the wearer of saronite would suffer. Explosion burns etc and a knock back, or just a knock back or something else that could be the outcome of saronite being hit with light. 

Side Effects
Saronite makes the living go insane over time
This is shown in the following:
Often, mortals who mine Saronite for prolonged periods of time appear to be driven insane. Indeed, many of the people who have been rescued from the Saronite Mines tell of hearing strange whispers of unknown origins, attempting to shape their perceptions of those around them. Others became enraged and simply attacked their would-be rescuers at the very suggestion of being taken away from the "Master", while still others yell madly about their mysterious "Master", and attempt to offer their lives to it by hurling themselves down into the deep recesses of the mines.

The Ashen verdict Edit credits go to Grufftoof for the explanation.
Having learned how to bend [Primordial Saronite] to their will, outside of creating armor for the rank-and-file made out of saronite, the skilled smiths have also set out on a more legendary task: repurposing Arthas Menethil's former weapon, Light's Vengeance — discarded in lieu of Frostmourne — to forge a new weapon :Shadowmourne

What does all this mean?
That the Ashen Verdict's smiths are creating weapons and armour created from the pure saronite ore (Primordial Saronite) for all their forces (assaulting the Scourge/ICC/Lich King) to wear.
"Rank and file" are the "thin red line" - the average ordinary troopers excluding the commanding officers.
It means it's in "mass" production and they have realized it's worth as a metal

Rumors  until proven otherwise
Saronite is resistant to arcane magic.
Saronite when worn by living instantly drives them insane.

Tips to beating saronite off the top of my head
-With this information gathered now I hope to offer solutions for ppl when they battle Dks. Know the armor exploit the weaknesses.

-Revealed by the quest line to get the legendary mace in Ulduar, the acid inside Yogg-Saron can liquify Saronite. It is a weakness, but one hard to obtain.

Edit -Weapons made of truesilver have an almost supernatural ability to slip through magical defenses. (Thanxs Kristeas) 

If you think saronite is magical  because it is resistant to Nature Magic then truesilver can penetrate it. If you think its not for a reason I personaly cant think of then it aint.

-Saronite forged into armor is hollow to fit a body. Its endurance depends on how thick it is. The quest dialog above was tested on a solid ore not a hollow armor set. The skill of the smith also determines how well the armor will perform in battle.

-All armor have gaps where they are combined. Where joints twist and turn armor is usually thinner than other parts like the chest or helmet. Pointy weapons and magic can get through those gaps.  You can rip a helmet off and try and smash a head in to cut it off. Cave in a knee cap area with a spell your class may offer you great strength, making the dk unable to move. All classes have abilities to take on a DK and win. If you rp a farmer well tough luck unless your crops are magical and remove the dks armor leaving it naked or if you have a runed pitch fork.

Please leave comments, ideas suggestions, hard core lore facts with links. I wrote this up briefly in hope in making an accurate list of everything about saronite than involves rp.

I gathered the following info from:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Saronite
http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Pure_Evil

Last edited by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor. Empty Re: Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor.

Post by Vaell Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:15 pm

I haven't read anywhere that Saronite is resistant to all forms of Arcane magic. If there isn't a source for this, I'd assume it isn't. Arcane magic hosts a lot more than all other forms of magic so it can't simply just be assumed that it also resists it.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor. Empty Re: Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Vaell wrote:I haven't read anywhere that Saronite is resistant to all forms of Arcane magic. If there isn't a source for this, I'd assume it isn't. Arcane magic hosts a lot more than all other forms of magic so it can't simply just be assumed that it also resists it.

Same m8 I havent read it anywhere either. Ive seen it rped out and led me to the search that ended no where so far Razz
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Is it safe to assume that Saronite is magical and that Saronite armor is a magical defense?

http://www.wowpedia.org/Truesilver_Ore wrote:Weapons made of truesilver have an almost supernatural ability to slip through magical defenses.

*checks*
Elementium, now more common, is supposed to be the hardest metal known and can be made into weapons (armor inadvisable).
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:33 pm

hmm tricky question.
To be honest I assume Saronite is magical because it reflects Light magic which is magic.

If we assume it isnt magical then light and nature magic would affect it I think

I personally wont outrule saronite being vaunurable to truesilver and am going to add it to my RP unless someone states with facts otherwise,
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Supposedly it also drives lesser minds insane, you know, whispers of Yogg'saron and all.

Your friends will abandon you...
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:45 pm

You will be alone in the end.

I love Yoggy so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Isn't the saronite madness issue only with unprocessed ore?
If it wasn't we'd have to keep all the Saronite wearing Death Knights in their own little room untill they are needed.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:12 pm

The assembled party and many npcs nearby get knocked flat by an explosion of some sort.

I never thought about it until copper brought it up in the other thread, what would even happen to a person wearing saronite then when hit by the light?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:22 pm

They go mad and the light goes boom on the armour?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:23 pm

siegmund wrote:

I never thought about it until copper brought it up in the other thread, what would even happen to a person wearing saronite then when hit by the light?

Didnt specify in the dialogue if the ore was affected or moved by the explosion. Nor the weight and thickness of the ore was stated either.

Under the law of physics I think the DK wearing the armor will get a knockback also. ( hmm possible escape route when out numbed by zeoladins Razz)
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Given its widespread use in late-Wrath Blacksmithing weapons & armour, and not just for DKs, it seems reasonable also to assume that the Ashen Verdict's smiths were successful in their attempts to temper and/or alloy Saronite, and that the results - while probably lacking some of pure Saronite's more spectacular properties (as referenced earlier on this thread) are presumably within safe tolerances for mortal use.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Thrakha wrote:Given its widespread use in late-Wrath Blacksmithing weapons & armour, and not just for DKs, it seems reasonable also to assume that the Ashen Verdict's smiths were successful in their attempts to temper and/or alloy Saronite, and that the results - while probably lacking some of pure Saronite's more spectacular properties (as referenced earlier on this thread) are presumably within safe tolerances for mortal use.

This.

Also, the unprocessed ore drives undead mad, too. At least I recall quests saying that even the Scourge were very, very uncomfortable with harvesting it. It's in the process of processing it that it loses its maddening properties, I think.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Scourge were Jelly that The True god of death wasnt Arthas.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:38 pm

I may be wrong, but once again, is this just another thread to argue why DK's are UBER OMFG SILLY powerful, just... via their armour? if so, wise up.

you got half the property's wrong, and negated to take into account the magical property's of other metals and magics in relation, as well as weapon types.

Hit that shit with a lightforge hammer and BOOM.

Hit that shit with an elementium blade and SLICE.

Hit that shit between the joints with Living steel and OUCH.

Theres also mithril, cobalt, titanium, titansteel, Thorium, Adamantite, Hardend Adamantite, Felsteel, Khorium, Hardened Khorium, Obsidium, Trillium, Ghost Iron, Lightning steel, the different schools of magic/spiritual area's etc etc Etc...

I could go on, likely for hours with some back and forth but in all honesty I see no point.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Kro, no.

Firstly the lore is correct, secondly nothin....

Meh cant be arsed.

No!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Kro, no.

Meh cant be arsed.

No!

Looking forward to the next DK Epeen flex thread in the meantime.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Most of the DK threads are made by people who dont RP DKs tbf.  Meh, I get fed up with the stupidity of morons today so Will leave it, as I pointed out before and I am sure you read it, DK RPers do have other chars.  The Best DK chars are generally people who main them, same can be said for anyones main char tbh. 

The worst DKs I see are from "big name" DB rpers who want to roll a psycho DK for fun RP.  Not a rule, just an observation.  Now on a previous thread we had that it is cool for warrs to heroic leap and if it is in lore it is ok, and now the most described mineral in WoW is just Epeen flexing (I assume you have a penis, I find if I want to show off my own it is not at its most flexable, the whole idea that you boast with a flexable penis is as laughable as your posts.)

The Derp knight boat sailed, move on before I start on the horde rebelion and show you what kind of holes my epeen makes.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Most of the DK threads are made by people who dont RP DKs tbf.  Meh, I get fed up with the stupidity of morons today so Will leave it, as I pointed out before and I am sure you read it, DK RPers do have other chars.  The Best DK chars are generally people who main them, same can be said for anyones main char tbh. 

The worst DKs I see are from "big name" DB rpers who want to roll a psycho DK for fun RP.  Not a rule, just an observation.  Now on a previous thread we had that it is cool for warrs to heroic leap and if it is in lore it is ok, and now the most described mineral in WoW is just Epeen flexing (I assume you have a penis, I find if I want to show off my own it is not at its most flexable, the whole idea that you boast with a flexable penis is as laughable as your posts.)

The Derp knight boat sailed, move on before I start on the horde rebelion and show you what kind of holes my epeen makes.

RAAAAAAGE.

<3
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:56 pm

So are we dropping the pretext of debate now?  Do you withdraw your complaint that there are too many dk threads (even though they are clearly marked and you dont have to read them). 

Rage, yes indeed, Like holy fuck why must I share a past time with dipshits like you rage. 

But feel free to post more one word replies or else a meme below.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Saronite. A death knights best choice of Armor. Untitle
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Dorothee/Duvaineth wrote: Reflects Light Magic
Avenger Metz says: Fine. Just remember, though. The power of the Holy Light isn't something to be invoked casually, brother. 
That's not REFLECTING, that's the thing detonating with contact of the light.
That means it's dangerous to the wearer. Don't take parts of it and claim it's something it's not.

Eitrigg places the ore on the ground next to the fireplace.
The avenger snorts, clearly unimpressed.
Eitrigg says: Now we will see why this ore is so important to the Scourge.
Eitrigg says: Korfax, what can you tell from this saronite?
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Saronite you say?
Korfax approaches the ore.
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Never heard of it. Looks like pure evil.
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Let's see how it holds up to the might of my axe!
Korfax attempts to cleave apart the ore.
Crusade Commander Korfax says: What the? My reaper didn't even scratch it! That's the toughest ore I've ever seen!
Avenger Metz rolls his eyes.
Eitrigg says: Rayne, Rimblat, what about the power of nature and the elements?
Rimblat Earthshatter says: Let us see if it is truly impervious.
Rimblat and Rayne attempt to attack the ore with the powers of earth and lightning.
Rimblat Earthshatter says: Nothing.
Rayne says: By the Goddess. It's as if Nature can't touch it!
Avenger Metz says: No surprise there.
Eitrigg says: Metz?
Avenger Metz says: What?
Eitrigg says: You know what.
Avenger Metz says: Fine. Just remember though, the power of the Holy Light isn't something to be invoked casually, brother.
Metz channels Holy energy and strikes at the ore with his mace.
The ore begins to glow bright green and to emit a thin green gas.
Avenger Metz says: What's it doing?
The ore erupts, sending out a wave of malevolent power, knocking over the whole company.
Rayne says: Gah!
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Oof!
Avenger Metz says: Woah!
Eitrigg dusts himself off.
Eitrigg says: Clearly this is getting us nowhere. We need to get this saronite to Highlord Fordring for further study.
Eitrigg says: Thank you for trying, my friends. We'll unlock its secrets. Hopefully before it's too late.
Avenger Metz grunts.

Edit: Removed the swearing so it doesn't look as offensive, that's not the intention.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:Kro, no.

Meh cant be arsed.

No!

Looking forward to the next DK Epeen flex thread in the meantime.

This aint a flex thread. Its to gather information on saronite and explore its way to be rped
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:59 am

Coppersocket wrote:
Dorothee/Duvaineth wrote: Reflects Light Magic
That's not REFLECTING, that's the thing detonating with contact of the light.
That means it's dangerous to the wearer. Don't take parts of it and claim it's something it's not.

Eitrigg places the ore on the ground next to the fireplace.
The avenger snorts, clearly unimpressed.
Eitrigg says: Now we will see why this ore is so important to the Scourge.
Eitrigg says: Korfax, what can you tell from this saronite?
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Saronite you say?
Korfax approaches the ore.
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Never heard of it. Looks like pure evil.
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Let's see how it holds up to the might of my axe!
Korfax attempts to cleave apart the ore.
Crusade Commander Korfax says: What the? My reaper didn't even scratch it! That's the toughest ore I've ever seen!
Avenger Metz rolls his eyes.
Eitrigg says: Rayne, Rimblat, what about the power of nature and the elements?
Rimblat Earthshatter says: Let us see if it is truly impervious.
Rimblat and Rayne attempt to attack the ore with the powers of earth and lightning.
Rimblat Earthshatter says: Nothing.
Rayne says: By the Goddess. It's as if Nature can't touch it!
Avenger Metz says: No surprise there.
Eitrigg says: Metz?
Avenger Metz says: What?
Eitrigg says: You know what.
Avenger Metz says: Fine. Just remember though, the power of the Holy Light isn't something to be invoked casually, brother.
Metz channels Holy energy and strikes at the ore with his mace.
The ore begins to glow bright green and to emit a thin green gas.
Avenger Metz says: What's it doing?
The ore erupts, sending out a wave of malevolent power, knocking over the whole company.
Rayne says: Gah!
Crusade Commander Korfax says: Oof!
Avenger Metz says: Woah!
Eitrigg dusts himself off.
Eitrigg says: Clearly this is getting us nowhere. We need to get this saronite to Highlord Fordring for further study.
Eitrigg says: Thank you for trying, my friends. We'll unlock its secrets. Hopefully before it's too late.
Avenger Metz grunts.

Edit: Removed the swearing so it doesn't look as offensive, that's not the intention.

Your right copper Ill edit and change the word reflect to make it accurate to the effect. Might use eruption knockback force or something Thanks for pointing it out. You get a Smile for your observation.

As you can see up in some other replies I stated I think the wearer gets a knock back also.

Its clearly stated in the quest dialog that Metz was in melee range. 
He hit it. It glowd bright green and  emitted a thin green gas. Erupted a wave of great force that knock back him and his group

All that is clear further down is that they sent the ore to fordling for testing.

Other than being knocked back by some sort of explotion they don't specify any other sort of damage like burns from an explosion etc. Nor did it say if it exploded into pieces. So I assume the wearer would get a knock back also. Would it cave them in their armor and even burn them? Maybe. Would it not cave them in and knock them back? Maybe. Would it do both? Maybe  I think the second is more accurate as I explained no burns or anything was described as an explosion would create.

Maybe if its hit multiple times it is weakened and light penetrates it. dunno to be honest Would like to see what fordling discovered. So far I haven't found anything other than them bending the saronite to its will. Prob means they were able to work it on the forge and craft armor cuz somewhere i read on wow wiki that master blacksmiths and master engineers can craft out of saronite.

I quote myself on the first post I made. Dont know know to multy quote so this will do. 

"Please leave comments, ideas suggestions, hard core lore facts with links. I wrote this up briefly in hope in making an accurate list of everything about saronite than involves rp."

Hope of making an accurate list. Dont put me to the pire for anything that isnt accurate so far.

I am sure the list will be edited many many times until its as accurate as can be. Keep the comments coming they are helping and will benefit RP a lot Smile
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 am

''Metz was above it in melee range. The answer is important so we can determine what the wearer of saronite would suffer. Explosion burns etc and a knock back, or just a knock back or something else that could be the outcome of saronite being hit with light. ''

I did actually wonder if the Ore exploded or it just bounced the Light back at the Paladin. But then again, if it just exploded from the Light then the Lich king wouldn't of made everything out of it?
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next