Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

+27
Cid
Drustai
Lavian
Amaryl
Arabella Greene
Helmut
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Cathee Norris
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Thondalar Stormleaf
Krogon Devilstep
Sohan
Azarion
Rmuffn
Raelan
Feydor
Sullee Swiftspeech
Samian/Bismack
Rae Wulfgnar
Lexgrad
Larnira
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
Skarain
Littlepip
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. - Page 3 Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:34 am

I suppose I should leave the little girl turned undead and filled with nasty worms by before mentioned archmage out as well, huh?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. - Page 3 Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Helmut Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am

*Removes glasses* Oh gawd.. This is the worst case I've seen since that girl who said that she was the daughter of King Varian and the sister of Arthas and tried to rule Stormwind.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

How about the death-god worshiping troll that turned his body into a zombie to collect the souls needed for his reincarnation?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:47 am

That is some strange Mary sue's....
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 am

Or the sorcerer that conned his way into the Blood Knight Order just to study the light in an intellectual way?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:14 pm

I remember when I was on Ravenholdt, there was a guy that was a apparently a dragon and true ruler of Stormwind. He then went around emoting that he was killing everyone.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Maybe the Paladin that went from shop-extorting corrupt drug-head Blood Knight from relentless warlock-killing light-zealot?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Pao wrote:Don't you worry brother, I'll defend you in court.

...Just be sure not to mention that whole half-satyr half-elf conjured-by-a-lecherous-archmage debacle.

I'd be worried if pao is your attorny, he's so good at defending your case that he'll die before the trial.

Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 pm

O man I remember the awkwardness.

"Amaryl, about the trial..."

"Yeah?"

"Well Thelos is dead, so...

Good luck"

"...."
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Pao wrote:O man I remember the awkwardness.

"Yeah?"

Good luck"

"...."

"Well get a bloody necromancer and get him back on his feet! I need his attorney skills!"
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:29 pm

I can't believe this thread suddenly turned fun....

My last word on the topic, or on most threads asking for help, really:

Take advice from people like Thelos, Erwtenpeller, Skarain and Drustai. They seem to remember the adventurous nature of Azeroth despite being roleplayers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Bring a creative approach to the event and more people would be willing to join in.

Smuggling a plague/disease/virus through crates into a human city on WoW is like playing a Chancellor who is secretly a Dark Lord of the Sith in Star Wars. Cliché is fine but that's the next level!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Eira Vanimedle wrote:
Pao wrote:O man I remember the awkwardness.

"Yeah?"

Good luck"

"...."

"Well get a bloody necromancer and get him back on his feet! I need his attorney skills!"

He is back on his feet thanks to a certain necromancer. /nod

Though, Thelos would have been an awful attorney. If you want a lawyer, call Dru.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Dru has never won a case in her un-life! XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Sullee is the one and only good lawyer. Sadly that Marshall law made him unemployed and pushed him into crime!
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Dru has never won a case in her un-life! XD

Of course not, because she wasn't pleading innocence. She made a Necessity defense. Guilt was established at the start, the case was about justifying the act and mitigating the sentence. There's more to legal proceedings than just proving guilt or innocence, Lexgrad. Razz

Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:Sullee is the one and only good lawyer. Sadly that Marshall law made him unemployed and pushed him into crime!

... but he was doing lawyer stuff even as a criminal!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Well, to continue from the other thread...

Sorry Raenmar, but time so see it in the eyes, I em horrible at Roleplay and should never have joined the forum so there is no need for you to support me any more.

People will always put other people down, Martha. Especially on DefiasRP. It doesn't matter how good your idea is, how well you could pull it off, or how well-intentioned you are. People will mock you and people will shit on your ideas.

Hell, from the time I started RPing, I've been told my guild has/will fail all the time. Every time I've asked for constructive feedback I've had to cut through jungles of bullshit to find anything useful. I've been told events will fail, some did.

Putting an idea out to the community - especially Defias - will always be hard unless you're one of the very popular few. And honestly, sometimes a brilliant idea won't work for any number of reasons. But it's always worth trying. If it works, great. If not, you'll learn for next time. I don't expect amazing success with half my events, I just try anyway.

So, what I'm saying is, if people give you shit, tell them to gtfo. At the same time though, take feedback. Some criticism is genuinely useful.

And don't be discouraged. There are the people that will put an idea out there, there are the people that will do absolutely fuck all of any use and then endlessly criticise and mock those who try, and there are those who have an idea but they back down and don't do it.

It's hard, but you have a good idea and you can make it work, even if it'll take some changes to make it slightly more plausible. So screw what everyone else says. I can help with organising, I can help with lore, whatever you need. Find a way to bring Martha back or bring in a new character to do it and keep pushing the idea.

And no, you're not a bad RPer. If I'm honest, at times you're a bit OP, but most people are to start with. Including most of the stuck-up plebians that make the discouraging posts.

So yeah. Fuck the haters.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 pm

I want to shoot myself. Melodrama...
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Vaell, you really don't understand how discouraging it is for new RPers when they propose an idea and it gets shot down how this was. Some posts here have been outright horrible and with no intent other than malice.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Martha had ambition, yes.
From experience her concept of certain things are iffy. Thus she often appear as a mary sue, or having perhaps a little too "OP" ideas, like this one.

But from what I've been told she's open to improvement, open to guidance. And that's a valuable trait, she should be helped, not scorned.

Chasing away people new to RP is exceptionally retarded.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Raenmar wrote:Vaell, you really don't understand how discouraging it is for new RPers when they propose an idea and it gets shot down how this was. Some posts here have been outright horrible and with no intent other than malice.
Martha was in our cells in the Regi. She had shadow form. I informed her of the wards and that it'd fade. Instead of, like I was as a new player, going "Oh alright, sorry, I never realised." she said she knows what she's doing, she has a blessing and for me to mind my own business. My business was being a prison guard. I'm sorry to say but Martha has made very bad impressions both IC and OOC in the past with several people I know and my opinion, if it is harsh or not, still stands valid. The event is overly ambitious and would cripple the capital city of the Alliance.

But so what if people have been dicks; this is the internet, why take it to heart? I can't understand this oversensitive nature over the internet! Just chillout, so what if a couple of people threw insults. That's life!

EDIT: Inb4 "it doesn't have to be like that." I don't think it matters that much, people just take things too personally and those same people should do what Thelos did; take a break.

Last edited by Vaell on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Drustai wrote:

Though, Thelos would have been an awful attorney. If you want a lawyer, call Dru.

If being an attorney was about cold logic and knowledge of the law, sure - but we all know what truly matters in court is pezzas.

Face it. Nobody ever takes Drustai seriously because she pretty much exhudes evil with every breath (that she doesn't actually take). For goodness sake the woman wears dark robes adorned with skulls! SKULLS!

No, if you want to get off the hook, contact your local jolly fat friar. They've got pezzaz in spades.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Pao wrote:
Drustai wrote:

If being an attorney was about cold logic and knowledge of the law, sure - but we all know what truly matters in court is pezzas.

Face it. Nobody ever takes Drustai seriously because she pretty much exhudes evil with every breath (that she doesn't actually take). For goodness sake the woman wears dark robes adorned with skulls! SKULLS!

No, if you want to get off the hook, contact your local jolly fat friar. They've got pezzaz in spades.

Evil is a professional requirement to be a lawyer. Ergo, Thelos cannot be a lawyer.

To get back on topic, though, there was nothing wrong with the idea. There were issues with the possible execution, and these could have been worked around. It's not the first virus/sickness plot we've had. Beating Martha into the ground because of issues you may have with his RP or this idea is wrong. Whatever you may think of someone's RP, it is better to advise and guide them, not attack and insult them.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Drustai wrote:To get back on topic, though, there was nothing wrong with the idea. There were issues with the possible execution, and these could have been worked around. It's not the first virus/sickness plot we've had. Beating Martha into the ground because of issues you may have with his RP or this idea is wrong. Whatever you may think of someone's RP, it is better to advise and guide them, not attack and insult them.

So much right in this.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next