Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

+27
Cid
Drustai
Lavian
Amaryl
Arabella Greene
Helmut
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Cathee Norris
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Thondalar Stormleaf
Krogon Devilstep
Sohan
Azarion
Rmuffn
Raelan
Feydor
Sullee Swiftspeech
Samian/Bismack
Rae Wulfgnar
Lexgrad
Larnira
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
Skarain
Littlepip
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. - Page 2 Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Sohan Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:48 pm

I have to agree with Irene, it doesn't make sense.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. - Page 2 Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Don't wory, I wont be leading this project I only wrote down the main things about it so I can remember it to later, get opinions and find out who in Odins name can possible be worthy and not to mention capable of leading this.

Since the Virus will be starting at different location I might even need more then one person to lead this.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarion Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:44 pm

I think perhaps.. What is deterring people from this idea is the fact that it's just a lethal virus. It's not.. that interesting. Perhaps if you added some quirks such as.. hallucinations, craving for flesh and what-not.

Secondly. You said the fact it's hard to cure will be fun to RP. I disagree completely. I think it'd be far more fun if it was instantly and easily curable by healers, but it spread very, very fast. Meaning it was a constant battle.
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Name: Azarion
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm

I can sum this up in one word.

"Meh"
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm

I cant add something on the Virus right now, having a hot discussion with Coppersocket.

Update: Have updated the event so go check it out, if you see something bad just yell at me like Coppersocket.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Azarion wrote:I think perhaps.. What is deterring people from this idea is the fact that it's just a lethal virus. It's not.. that interesting. Perhaps if you added some quirks such as.. hallucinations, craving for flesh and what-not.

Secondly. You said the fact it's hard to cure will be fun to RP. I disagree completely. I think it'd be far more fun if it was instantly and easily curable by healers, but it spread very, very fast. Meaning it was a constant battle.

^
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Well since the blood goes trough the brain and eyes I guess It could cause hallucinations, Maybe the hallucination could be that every one living was turned undead and that you have to butcher your way out?
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Martha Duskbringer wrote:Well since the blood goes trough the brain and eyes I guess It could cause hallucinations, Maybe the hallucination could be that every one living was turned undead and that you have to butcher your way out?

How about no?
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarion Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Sohan wrote:How about no?

It's just a hallucination and it'd be far more interesting than just.. dying.
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm with Azarion--add something interesting, and have others help you lead it.

His ideas--hallucinations, craving for flesh--are good. You could have something amusing, and run with this too:

"I think it'd be far more fun if it was instantly and easily curable by healers, but it spread very, very fast. Meaning it was a constant battle."

And then people would enjoy it. In fact, why not release it on April 1st?

Make it something interesting to RP out symptoms-wise, so that it stirs up RP; make it something fun/amusing as a very twisted April Fools joke?

It doesn't have to be silly RP, but something amusing, ex. it could convince people that they are a random figure of authority--be it captain of the guard, head high Priest of the Church of Light, or the King himself. This could cause conflict but humor as well, and plenty of RP would result. Combine it with a physical collapse if the person's symptoms aren't recognized and treated?

Edit: "Maybe the hallucination could be that every one living was turned undead and that you have to butcher your way out?" FAIRLY sure this has already been done on DB.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:It doesn't have to be silly RP, but something amusing, ex. it could convince people that they are a random figure of authority--be it captain of the guard, head high Priest of the Church of Light, or the King himself. This could cause conflict but humor as well, and plenty of RP would result. Combine it with a physical collapse if the person's symptoms aren't recognized and treated?

This sounds fun.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarion Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:it could convince people that they are a random figure of authority--be it captain of the guard, head high Priest of the Church of Light, or the King himself. This could cause conflict but humor as well, and plenty of RP would result.

Fuck yes.
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm

One: It's not the middle-ages, it's a fantasy setting, you do realise they have magic, right? Their facilities to cure things are actually far greater than our modern world because they can resurrect dead people with magic. Sounds ridiculous, right?

And all disease/magic/curses can be cured by shamans/Lighties/druids, there is also potions designed to cure such as well, so I imagine the fantasy world has some knowledge of how things work.

If you treat magic as omnipotent, RP is gonna be really, really boring.

Clearly, considering how successful the plague was, it's not as simple as clicking your fingers and purging the whole damn thing.

As fun as it is for you, spending weeks doing healing rp on tons of Role players to save their characters from death, is not so much fun. We've already had a virus break out at least three times already!

It's a fun as you make it. If you sigh at it, make some Light appear and suddenly everyone is cured, yes it will be boring. But this is a chance for proper healing RP, where there is actually a threat that will actually be a problem to solve. If people are going to /rolleyes because they're massive badasses that make the virus itself tremble in fear, it'll be boring. If people take it seriously, it'll be fun.

Personally, I'd suggest it being problematic for the Light to cure, because of how it spreads, etc. And, as a virus, purging it by destroying it would cause a lot of damage to the infected unless you catch it within seconds. So you could get druids (NG and the few Gilnean druids) and whatever shamans there are involved. The event could last a week or two, in which time you could call all those with an affinity to nature. They'd have a resistance to it (druids, at least. Not sure about shamans) and they'd be able to cure it without damaging the infected.

Edit: And, about a lethal virus not being interesting... really? The illness it brings, the threat of infection, and the potential death isn't interesting? The effort to find a cure or to bring people to help cleanse? That isn't isn't interesting? Seriously?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

I've now read every single post of the topic, here's some feedback:

1. Virus/bacteria: I a world where there's no antibiotics, they'd be just as dangerous. Gram negative bacteria ain't to be messed with. Irl antibiotics are getting ever less effective, and our brief historical moment of respite from bacteria will likely end soon.

2. The blood-brain barrier: Stuff don't just enter the brain via. the blood. There's defensive mechanisms especially designed to prevent that kind of thing. Not saying it can't be done, but read up on the biochemistry of it first.

3. Event management: PLEASE, do one location an evening, not all at once. This makes it easier to DM, and allows you to improve on the event based on the feedback you recieve. It also gives the Lighties and the authorities time to make strategies to fight it, time to organize, rally the necessary resources to fight the next outbreak. Several smaller outbreaks would allow more people to get involved too, making it more of a community thing.

4. Basic pathology: There will ALWAYS be freak cases of a disease. People who adapt weird immunities, just don't get affected even if they get infected, people who get knocked out for an evening before just getting back on their feet, etc. Similiarly there'll be freak negative cases, people with other diseases already, getting freak cocktail effects, etc. Roleplayers would probably RP infection vastly different anyway, point is, they'd be right to as well.

That's all I can think of right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm

In my opinion, it'd be better to have all locations on one evening. Makes things a lot more sudden and catastrophic. It'd be harder to do, but if it's planned right it could work. And then the after-effects, cleanup, infection spreading and rallying could happen over a week or two.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Saihna wrote:For the people arguing back and forth regarding whether or not people are pro or against this: Let me point out that Martha did ask whether or not people thought this event was something that should happen.

Once agian, this will only happen if enough people agreed with the Event,

As for people responding negatively, I mean, it happens when you ask for peoples opinion. And not everyone want to take the time to write a long explanation as to why (however people should at least be polite, but I think that is a given). If peoples opinions are asked, I think they have the right to voice them regardless of whether it is negative or positive.

With that said I'm not really having an opinion in this, as I see both pro's and con's here and there.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 am

After much thinking I have decided this is still a WIP, it might take some time to figure a way to get every one happy but I will try to manage it.

Raenmar said that all of the locations should happen at once to create more chaos, the only problem is that I then will need more then one to lead the event, I will need at least three leaders to go trough it then.
So unless there is more people wanting to lead the event... Yeah it will probably not happen.

As for the event being turned into a joke.. Take it away engineer!

Wel, the event wont happen after all, since there was to many people arguing about it being a bad idea, I em also really tired of hearing people complaining to my friends instead of simply telling me.
Any way, Martha died in Arathi so the barrels will stay with Sullee until he notice what is inside and probably throws it in the river or something. I wonder if the roleplay would have been fun if people had given me more time on it.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:13 am

The more interesting question to me would be why your character would be doing something like this in the first place?

For the evulz?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 am

Revenge, the lust to see others in pain, testing out the virus she found in the books in the giant library she has that speaks of so many plague's, diseases and different kind of dark magic.. Also to create chaos and weaken the enemy.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 am

Ah yes...

The sucker's game.

If you'll allow me to give you some advice, Martha:

Not every plot needs to be taken to a server-wide scale. It sounds like you have some particular enemies in want you want to punish so why not just stick to that? I know it often seems like a good idea to involve as many people as possible but often you have to make too many compromises to do so and the actual role-play will be watered down to the point of being devoid of any discernible taste whatsoever.

By all means, plague me timbers: it doesn't take any grand cooperative organizing to do so. Just bomb/infect some people you know, talk to them OOC if you have to and just let the ball roll from there. More often than not, people are more accepting of high-concept high-consequence role-play like this when they're confronted by it directly in the game, without the sickly veneer of these moldy forums in which every little aspect of your plans get scrutinized into non-existence.

Or not. And then they don't play with it, which is also good. As they say: role-play is role-play and talking about role-play certainly isn't.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 am

Pao wrote:without the sickly veneer of these moldy forums in which every little aspect of your plans get scrutinized into non-existence.
Yeeees. Do fun things. You don't need permission from the RP police. Surprised
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 am

Now.. If you would excuse me, I em reading trough A small roleplaying guide.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Pao wrote:without the sickly veneer of these moldy forums in which every little aspect of your plans get scrutinized into non-existence.
Yeeees. Do fun things. You don't need permission from the RP police. Surprised

*Kicks door open* RP Police! Hands on your head! You are under arrest for suspision of conducting unperrmitted Role Playing! You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do may be quoted and used against you within this forum!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 am

Damn! They found me!

Race-changes all the characters again.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:30 am

Don't you worry brother, I'll defend you in court.

...Just be sure not to mention that whole half-satyr half-elf conjured-by-a-lecherous-archmage debacle.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next