Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

+27
Cid
Drustai
Lavian
Amaryl
Arabella Greene
Helmut
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Cathee Norris
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Thondalar Stormleaf
Krogon Devilstep
Sohan
Azarion
Rmuffn
Raelan
Feydor
Sullee Swiftspeech
Samian/Bismack
Rae Wulfgnar
Lexgrad
Larnira
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
Skarain
Littlepip
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. - Page 4 Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Vaell wrote:I want to shoot myself. Melodrama...

I can proved the gun and a bullet Vaell Very Happy Failing that I would happily kick the chair for you. <3
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city. - Page 4 Empty Re: [A](WIP) Operation; Blood mist city.

Post by Vaell Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Cid wrote:
Drustai wrote:To get back on topic, though, there was nothing wrong with the idea. There were issues with the possible execution, and these could have been worked around. It's not the first virus/sickness plot we've had. Beating Martha into the ground because of issues you may have with his RP or this idea is wrong. Whatever you may think of someone's RP, it is better to advise and guide them, not attack and insult them.

So much right in this.
Which 99% of the posts were doing. People saying "Don't do that, it won't work, don't do that. These are the following reasons. FFS please don't do that." may not be "Hey buttercup, rendeer rendeer could you pleasems not do thisems hehehe! What a Face twinkle twinkle!" but it's still criticism as good as anyone else gave it!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Bah, not gonna argue over this.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:37 am

Vaell wrote:Which 99% of the posts were doing.

No, most of them were flaming the poor lad to cinders, not providing constructive criticizm. Learn the difference.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 am

Have to agreed on that one, most of them was insults for Martha Duskbringer, some of them was insults on how bad I roleplay, some about that the event was a really bad idea and that it should be thrown in the trash and only a few about how I could improve the Event.

That's how I saw it at least.. I em almost afraid to go between page 1 and up to 5!

It is a little over the top, I will admit that, but ask yourself this.. Why would Martha attack any other city, like one in Westfal or maybe a random tower or keep, Why?!
It makes sense that Martha would place a virus in their main city, it won't change any buildings, it wont blow them up or harm them, it will only kill/make people insane and that's all.

I can't see how this is over ambitious out of the fact that I em placing a virus in a city that will not spread from person to person! (That is why its not a plague) The only people that will be effected are those within the blast radius of the Blood Mist barrels.

Last edited by Martha Duskbringer on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:18 am

Vaell wrote:

EDIT: Inb4 "it doesn't have to be like that." I don't think it matters that much, people just take things too personally and those same people should do what Thelos did; take a break.

It's true. I've joined the ranks of people who have quit the game but still stalk the forums to troll from the outside in. And it's glorious, it makes posting here much more enjoyable.

Anyhow, if I am not mistaken, the original posted of this plan has already given it up, making this thread rather pointless, so. Yeah. I don't see much merit in discussing whether people were mean or not.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 am

Martha Duskbringer wrote:That's how I saw it at least.. I em almost afraid to go between page 1 and up to 5!

Why are you afraid? Its where the best advise are and page 4 is just lolling about RP police and court.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 am

Take my advice and do it sneaky-like. People are always more accepting whenever something happens IC without any premeditation which has gone trough the soul-sucking scrutiny of these boards.

I am reminded of the recent Anethion incursion in which our friendly neighborhood zealots casually blew up whole buildings people regularly role-played in. Nobody really complained because when it really happened it was kind of awesome, but I guarantee you that if they had asked for "permission" (I am in want for more quotation marks), the reaction would have been venomous - and the only reason for it not to have possibly been would have been the good reputation of the guild in question.

My advice is the same as always: take your story In Character and see who does and doesn't roll with it. If people want to play along, great! If people don't, that's all right, too! The bickering on these boards adds or detracts very few from the actual role-playing experience as it is felt in game: that I can guarantee you.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 am

First, before the Roleplaying event starts I want to make sure the virus is not OP and that no one will think it is unfair if their character starts hallucinating.

After that I will need to select the first place where the barrels will be placed, there will be three locations but it will happen on three different days so that every one can enjoy it.

To the last I will need someone who is willing to lead the whole RP OOC since I em not and will never be good at leading any thing, I know it because I have tried over and over again and it seems it always fails.
If it alright for Raenmar I would like him to lead the RP, if he dosen't lead it I will be listening to volunteers, I have decided that the RP will happen!
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Cid wrote:
Vaell wrote:Which 99% of the posts were doing.

No, most of them were flaming the poor lad to cinders, not providing constructive criticizm. Learn the difference.
So I just quickly scanned through the first four pages. Not one person insults Martha, people say "I don't like the sound of this, it has been done before." That's just people giving an opinion which you should expect if you post the event on a forum. That's the entire point of a forum. I'd argue that it is constructive critcism; I've pitched ideas IRL before that my only responses were "No, it needs tweaking. I'm not a big fan of that idea." Do I expect them to tell me how to better it? Of course not, I've opened it to a public opinion for a response. I tweak it and come back.

That's the issue here, people can't take negative feedback. You can bare witness to it across several arguments on the forum and so many RPers are far too stubborn to just say "fair enough, I'll fix it up." You can't expect everyone to sit down and spoon feed you ideas if they don't like the original, why should they? You're posting it on this forum to gather members but if half of those people don't want to come because they see wrong in the event, it's up to you to go through with it. Martha can create a plague which wipes out the entire continent if s/he wants; it's just whether other RPers will join him/her.

Just because someone doesn't like your event doesn't mean they dislike you; just lighten up! Cid, you've probably hopped into the thread to defend the underdog because if you go back and read each post, as blunt as it may be, it's just people saying they don't like the idea. It's not flaming. Learn the difference.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Alright every one, I have taken up the ideas from every one and written it down, go check out the update if you are still interested.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Vaell wrote:Learn the difference.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t6644-a-letter-to-sullee

Oh, the irony. Also, I don't defend the underdogs, I defend people that gets treated poorly by others unnecessarily.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Cid wrote:
Vaell wrote:Learn the difference.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t6644-a-letter-to-sullee

Oh, the irony. Also, I don't defend the underdogs, I defend people that gets treated poorly by others unnecessarily.
That is considered flaming? If you're calling it ironic by implying I flamed, I don't think you rightly understand what flaming is! Refer back to my previous post; this whole thing has become a soap opera. None of this has been harsh; I push my previous point, some of you need to take a break and lighten up. I'm sure I'd cause some tears if I so much as called someone a poo-head.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Alright. Since I didn't seem to get through to you in the way I actually wanted, and you seemed to completely misunderstand despite repeatedly telling you Why, I'll go into a larger detail here on why I am opposing to this.

To start off with, you should not delete, or feel bad about playing Martha if you enjoy playing Martha, and you should not feel bad about trying to help the community with events, nor is it bad that you're curious. These are all good things.

However, the way you've come across is, unexperienced and unaware.
You know some of the facts, but you've not the experience required that makes you understand the limitations of what this community may or may not accept. That's something most will never learn in entirely, as every person is different, and we'll always love to berate things.

The experience also comes in to play with magic roleplaying. That's a very difficult subject that many would probably rather avoid taking up unless necessary as Blizzard has not given us any amazing tools to say "this does that, and this functions like this." However, in these cases we have to use what logic we can, and try be as reasonable as possible with what we're given.

It's very easy to overplay your characters power, especially when you're unsure of what you're actually doing, and that's why I insisted that you should read up on the magic in this world. But that's not really the entirety of it. You said you have spoken to Skara during setting it up, that's good. Kudos to you for that. It's a very good thing to lean on those that are more aware, when in doubt.

Jumping back to the community, one of the larger reasons your being attacked like this, is because, as said, inexperience. You're very new, and that's very visible. People, like myself will try to aid you (Despite what these kids Chezz and Raenmar think they 'know', and claim about me), we're not always kind, especially myself. I can be a very harsh person to deal with as I can come across as extremely offensive.
My goal was, and still is, just to make the RP I have, and those around me reasonable and enjoyable. Although my methods are not perhaps the best, and at times, I say things that clearly does not add to that.
(However, I do often apologize, if I do say something I get proven wrong on, or if I felt I went overboard.)

Another quirk here, is that you've made this event, a very, very large event, without giving us any sort of IC reasoning for it, neither that, or seem to have any plan to actually manage it. This isn't an easy event. You can't just expect people to play along with it. (As I said on the channel, you can't just come in and expect everyone to play by your rules, it doesn't work like that. You have to play by ours, not the other way around.)

As a first proper event, this is nothing short of horrible. Not just for the rest of the community, but for yourself as well, as you put way too much water into the bucket.

My advice is that you sit back, try look at this event from another persons perspective. How would they feel about this? How would they be able to RP along this event? Would there be any minor events during this to help boost the RP of this event to make it seem like a more realistic threat?
Even so, these events, the virus/etc things that target a large portion of players, usually ends really fast as people just don't want to bother. It's too much effort, it's too damn annoying, and it degenerates RP rather than boosting it.

Then you perhaps start doing smaller events with a bunch of buddies that you feel comfortable with, have fun with those, enjoy the game. Overlook your character several times as you play it over the coming months, do the same thing here, sit back, review it. If you have problems with that, discuss it with your friends, and possibly people you know that will -not- shit on you for having made mistakes, but rather will be trying to help correct those so that your, and those around you, can have a better experience.

I am sorry your first event had to turn out this way.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Now THAT ^^ is constructive criticizm. Smile
Cid
Cid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Very Happy *Nod nod*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:18 pm

People, like myself will try to aid you (Despite what these kids Chezz and Raenmar think they 'know', and claim about me)

I never claimed you didn't try to help, only that you were aggressive and had the opposite effect.

If it alright for Raenmar I would like him to lead the RP, if he dosen't lead it I will be listening to volunteers, I have decided that the RP will happen!

Sure, I'd be up for that. I'll talk to you in game at some point.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Need a smuggler?
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 pm

How did you know? O_o
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 am

Coppersocket probably made the best point in this thread, good job!
Aswell as a lot of intresting ideas on how to change things, ever better!

Personally I dont think this would work. I mean its a great idea and could prove to be intresting if conducted in the right manner. As such making it friendly for everyone. I find it that the best events are interactive for -everyone-.. I'm not saying that this event wouldnt be! I guess the problem I see is the time, it cant span longer than one or two days because: There are players in those areas that DONT want to participate, but they will more or less be forced unless they want to ignore people, that they might or might not know IC. Its more or less telling them "Fuck off", literally.

I just needed to add my opinion to this, but if you might need any help I'm all ears.
Good luck either way! cheers
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:00 am

Me and my guild back in GW2 made a massive scale plague-event some months ago that was called "The Paleskin Plague" (I'm sure some of you here know / have heard of it, for those who RP'd in GW2 at the time) and it was a huge success.

It was a very difficult concept but we succeeded only through a large amount of work and co-operation with the other guilds. The feedback we got from it was fantastic and many people played along with it. It was all thanks to the wonderful community of the realm.

Now I can't really say if the same kind of event would be appropriate for DB. I'm sure most people wouldn't really accept this as a plague in Stormwind practicly applies to over 90% of the Alliance RPers. It would take months of preparing and a large amount of people to even start the thing up, and of course you need many pair of able hands to manage the thing. And DB's population of RPers is not as large as it used to be.

Sorry to say this, but I don't think a virus / plague event is do-able, as Copper stated.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:20 pm

There have been Multiple plague events on DB over the years. and a lot of them were successful.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4