Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How important is YOUR character?

+54
Rargnasha
Dareil Sin'Valor
Solanum
Maelmoor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Brigs Morgan
Gustov
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Rhavz'amul
Broncrast
Coppersocket
Skarain
Zhaun Blackblood
Nifty
Braiden
Xen-tau
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Celistra
Zalissa
Darilas
Kozgugore Feraleye
Ledgic
Anivitas
Grim
Morgeth
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Cid
Drustai
Tuomas/Decurius
Muzjhath
Amaryl
Skaraa
Tachal
erwtenpeller
Raene
Doowor
Khendran
siegmund
Sohan
Allonia_Miral
Thrakha
Thondalar Stormleaf
Krogon Devilstep
Valdar/Melan
Dréfurion
Ixirar
Gogol
Finnabhair
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Vaell
Seranita
Thelos
Sadok
Cadaemus
58 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How important is YOUR character? - Page 2 Empty Re: How important is YOUR character?

Post by siegmund Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 pm

None of my chars would be really famous or so, nor did i mean to hit like a thousand people and wow them.

Siegmund maybe took it at that "Argent" Tournament, but most people didn't even really know him. So i'd say nope.

Important? Jared... Maybe? But since when are walking corpses important?

Thought since Sieg got quoted http://www.defiasrp.com/t6024-ic-an-anarchist-speaks he is important considered by some as the Director? Depends on other people again, to some one might seem like something, others might care less.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

How important is YOUR character? - Page 2 Empty Re: How important is YOUR character?

Post by Cadaemus Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:

Seiken Lionmane -in his hay day he was arguably the most powerful Alliance side characterr on the server, leading the entire alliance army, dominating decisions. but everyone has their time, and his is gone. Famous beyond a doubt, important? not

not to toot your own horn or anything.

When I say importance, I mean anything from fame, to importance in terms of effect on other people to importance in role in large events.

E.G Clutzcog is quite famous, but doesn't have a large effect on other people. And the biggest event he's been near was probably when Deathwing attacked Stormwind. Which he slept through.

What do you think on how I treat Clutzcog on the fame front? Am I wrong to behest him all this fame ? Debates people! ^^
Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:22 am

I don't know, man.

I tend to give more credit to people who's characters have actually progressed to a place of fame/importance/etc through actual RP.

But I do also see how your character can have acquired this fame over time prior to your RPing him.
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:29 am

Clutzcog wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

Seiken Lionmane -in his hay day he was arguably the most powerful Alliance side characterr on the server, leading the entire alliance army, dominating decisions. but everyone has their time, and his is gone. Famous beyond a doubt, important? not

When I say importance, I mean anything from fame, to importance in terms of effect on other people to importance in role in large events.

E.G Clutzcog is quite famous, but doesn't have a large effect on other people. And the biggest event he's been near was probably when Deathwing attacked Stormwind. Which he slept through.

What do you think on how I treat Clutzcog on the fame front? Am I wrong to behest him all this fame ? Debates people! ^^
No, if people can claim they have studied magic for a thousand years, killed 500 undead or have fifty children, why can't you say you've rose to fame?! It doesn't hurt anyone, rather the opposite - it provides RP. I was planning on doing a similar thing myself with a Darkmoon Faire performer.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 am

I agree with Vaell! Also do shows and stuff Very Happy

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:56 am

Oh right now I get the point of thread.

Well, as Vasilije said he is almost second to none (but Vangrel). At this point, Vangrel is the most important player on Horde-side Defias Brotherhood. He pulls ALL the strings, starts ALL the plagues, and gets ALL the ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadaemus Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 am

As stated, somewhat poorly by my first post, Clutzcog has achieved this fame through RP. however I kind of generalised his fame.

Keep an eye out for events, or toss me a whisper if you want a schedule. We also need a #1 fan. Applications start now.
Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 am

I need to see a show first.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:32 am

Khendran's pretty much my only character that could be famous in any extent. Lordaeronians may remember him as a son of a small, declining noble family. After the Plague he has fought and lead in several campaigns, so within the military his name wouldn't be that unknown, either. Usually I let the people I RP with be the judges of my character's fame though; I don't expect every Jack, Joe and Bob my char meet to know him.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doowor Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:12 am

Doowor is a bit of a weird one I think. He has been through so much IC but is not really well known, Sure the Blades and some others may know him but he isn't really the kind to make his actions well known, That and pretty much everyone who used to know him have now died.

The Shroud and the Wardens have pretty much all died out except for a small handful including Doowor, The Doomsayers of the Orai have around 3 ex-members alive including him. It's not much but he could be famous for having everyone he works with die out fairly soon.
Doowor
Doowor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 am

Important? Nay, not my style.

In/Famous and well known for being instigators of conflict? Yes.

Senariul is a rather well known name within Silvermoons walls and never a name thats spoken with a smile. Even his Family have a hard time defending his honor most of the time.

Aelrath was one of the more prominent Blood Knights for a time, probably still will be upon her return.

Raene was once a more prominent figure of the Natures Grasp guild, attending and helping run most of their functions with the outside world, but that's a time thats been long since passed.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 am

All of my characters are equally important and wonderful.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tachal Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 am

Its a difficult question, one im intrigued to answer.

In a way, Tachal will never be an important character. He is a soldier like any other soldier, fighting and bleeding for the Alliance and the greater good.
Even if he was an good soldier, still just a soldier.

But im sure many players play with the idea of their character being "important", i know i do, so i'll humor myself for now.

How my character might be important because of his age. Been here before the sundering, he's been through all sort of shit, seen the most awful and challenging battles, just kept going even if the odds we're most of the time against him, but refused to die.

So he might have iimprtance on the matter of morale.
The dude that survived, lol, so maybe theres hope for the rest of you too.

Jks.<3

Tachal
Tachal

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Clutzcog wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

No horn Tooting, that character moved heaven and earth once upon a time.

Anyhow, i get your point. Its fine if you treat your character as famous, by all means go ahead, but... I'd say it feels far more rewarding and genuine to drag yourself from Zero to hero, rather than skip the initial bits. So yes, by all means be famous, but you'd have more fun 'making him famous' than simply 'being'.

Its not the Destination of a character, as could be shown my exiled old Seiken. Its the Journey. Would i go back and change how i RP'ed him? Not a dam bit, i loved RP'ing every step, every triumph and disaster, every adventure and every tradgedy.

So i have no problem with your character being famous, but you'd probably have more fun earning said fame.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Ilthilor; perhaps I am underestimating, but he is not really important at all. He's done some helpful things, sure, but I'm not convinced how much he stands out. He likes to get involved with the guards because he isn't used to being a civilian - whether he is helping or getting in the way is easily up for debate.
In his background he was only ever a scout in the Nelf military, he's probably seen a lot of things from that. I'm not sure anyone can doubt the importance of a scouting mission prior to a battle, but he was just one of many. And I wouldn't count things I have not physically RPed anyway.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:

Anyhow, i get your point. Its fine if you treat your character as famous, by all means go ahead, but... I'd say it feels far more rewarding and genuine to drag yourself from Zero to hero, rather than skip the initial bits. So yes, by all means be famous, but you'd have more fun 'making him famous' than simply 'being'.

Its not the Destination of a character, as could be shown my exiled old Seiken. Its the Journey. Would i go back and change how i RP'ed him? Not a dam bit, i loved RP'ing every step, every triumph and disaster, every adventure and every tradgedy.

So i have no problem with your character being famous, but you'd probably have more fun earning said fame.

I could not agree more. My main Character on TVC used to just be the kindly old Draenei who would 'overhear' everyone's conversations in local taverns. I loved those days, everyone knew -of- the 'purple Draenei mage' but nobody really knew a lot -about- him. It was a great time, I was out of the spotlight and watching everyone's characters develop. These days he is an important, and currently rather disliked, character on the server. But RPing the journey was so much fun, being the public nobody was brilliant. It is part of the reason I've made Ilthilor over here - I miss the journey.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Amaryl: She would probably be known to most commanders of soldiers, in some form or another, having been active in almost every RP-PVP campaign in the server's history, and leading men or the army in more than a few of them.

But known, doesn't mean she's well regarded. since ultimately its your opinion on her competence.

Also, she's known to be the right hand woman/bodyguard of the dear Bishop Fortesgue.

Djego Stonehead - his self proclaimed titles speak for themselves.
he's an idiot.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 pm

I don't really play anymore but I can play this game for how known my characters are/were/have been before deaths/quitting.

Starting with Skipper/Marogg: (whom I hold being two different charcters when it comes to reknown).
Skipper back looong ago was rather known and infamous being the non-official leader of the Sixty Thieves day to day buissness. Quite a few people from outside the gang got in touch with him for deals and things like that.
Marogg was I believe widly respected in the Red Blade tribe, and a bit outside of it. And known for being a grumpy old bastard. Remembered as a hero who died in battle.

Helanie: might have been known as a supremacist blood elven fanatic. Migh have been, not sure. About the same time as Skipper was known.

Ganye: was starting to get known as "that troll who's eating all the time" in the Gurubashi when I quit the first time... Didn't get back into him when I got back.

Muzjhath: was known in the Red Blades as a Varog'Gor and I think somewhat feared, or orcs atleast vary of her. She wasn't liked that's for sure.
I don't think she was popular with anyone really, but I don't know how known she was.
She wasn't all that important, yes she was a Varog'Gor, but she didn't really care about more than the "The Cheiftains bodyguard" part, even if she at times was the Gestapo of the Tribe.
... Also died a hero in battle, saving the Cheiftains life from Sadok!
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Muzjhath wrote:Also died a hero in battle, saving the Cheiftains life from Sadok!

...Whoops? Sad
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm quite the opposite on this front. Sure, build fame amongst others, but if you want a famous character - it is the same as wanting a Blademaster or a Major in the army.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:37 pm

To be important and to be famous...

Of all my chars none of them has ever been important, nor famous. As a rule, I avoid making chars 'important' from the start. To me, looks a bit as godemoting:" I am the great Archmage/Director/Commander of X, so you must know me." I'm all for building reputation IC.

Tuomas/Richard has never been important or influent. Sure, he was involved in some of the awesome things in the late months, when he helped saving Fortesgue, and during the great escape of Drustai, Delidah and the others, saved a certain number of times guards' lives. Perhaps he became famous, I dunno. Sure his name was in some 'wanted' posters, but I think that is all. I hope IC people who met him felt something at him, but no more. He tried to become influential, with very bad results, so he just gave up.

John Grenier was shortlived to say the most. Cultist leader who came from a tragic background, he was known to as a sort of twisted evil, I guess. Nobody got he was the actual leader of Legion's Hand 'til the end, when he got away with a kaboom. But, aside perhaps the Chapter and the members of his cult, he wasn't known much, and held close to none influence.

Serge Blackfur instead started as influential for an event, and lost his influence after it. I'll put him in my gallery of 'twisted to evil' chars. Not influential nor famous.

Grenier Blackwrath is the exception to the rule: he was started as commander in the army,, influential and somewhat famous by default, leader of War Sect. Considering I've never rped much him though, I think that was a mere wish, and tbh I'm happy it's still that.

Abdias is a char I've rped not too often, a sort of muscle/bodyguard for Omen. I think the Chapter would be able to recognize him, but it's not like he's famous. Sure not influential, and, if any, infamous.

Decurius has become, with the time, my main. Started very humble, he began to grow as a char, and his fame, if so we can call it, the same. He's undead, so sure he won't be ever 'famous', but perhaps his name known. Being very decisive, he tends to act fast and sure, and that is how now he's become a sort of face for the Ebon Blades. I don't think he's IC very influential, though, though 'til not much time ago he was very confused about his role and his path, somehow he got his unwanted leadership accepted by the other death knights, or maybe he's the only one who's the guts to be in the forefront. Razz
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Its not the Destination of a character, as could be shown my exiled old Seiken. Its the Journey. Would i go back and change how i RP'ed him? Not a dam bit, i loved RP'ing every step, every triumph and disaster, every adventure and every tradgedy.

Isn't your countless retcons of Seiken Trollbane/Lionmane the living-dead-living-dead-undead-living-etc doing exactly that?
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Of my characters, Drustai is the most well-known, though it's mostly a result of sheer time. She's been on the server for almost seven years, one of the oldest characters still active on the server. During the first few years didn't really do much outside of Kalimdor, Draenor, and Northrend, and for the most part the only people who knew her were draenei, night elves (she was banished from Darnassus for a time, damn Shae <.<), and Ebon Blades/Argents. She became a lot more famous around Cataclysm, which was her most active period, as it was when she started getting involved in the Stormwind scene. She began to regularly assist various groups like the Regiment, the Dieudonne Seal, the Disciples, and the Kirin Tor. She also made enemies with people like Braiden and the Chapter. She was often in the center of diplomacy between Ebon Blades and non-Ebon Blades, such as trying to make peace between the Brotherhood of the Hold and the Crimson Flame, and constantly cleaning up after the Ebon Shroud's many PR messes.

For the most part, Dru is famous for being a very vocal and overt proponent of dark magic (especially necromancy), one that had once actually proved herself trustworthy through levelheadedness and years of loyal service to the Alliance. She is also known for her knowledge of magic in general, having regularly spoken at the Alliance Arcane Conclave and having briefly served as a teacher in Dalaran. She also even occasionally spoke at the Community of Light. She's become rather infamous after her various crimes and trials, which have permanently damaged her once-upstanding reputation. As a result of the many propaganda posters, she's widely known as "the Necromancer" and an enemy of the state, with some viewing her as a second Kel'thuzad. So in terms of importance, I'd say she was probably the most influential Alliance-aligned darkcaster among the RP playerbase, for good or bad. Nowadays she's in her twilight though, and probably won't last much longer.

Areyah is a lot newer as a character, but has jumped up in importance very quickly as a result of her Council seat. Prior to getting on the Council, she was just another Stormwind naval officer, off fighting the Horde and pirates out in blue waters. Not well-known, no super big incidents to bump her to fame, though she did serve directly under Admiral Taylor for a short time and was thus among the first Alliance personnel to arrive in Pandaria.

Nowadays she's rather well-known, seeing as she's very active as minister and regularly gets involved with the day-to-day affairs of the city. I'm not going to guess as to her actual importance, as she doesn't have any major successes yet. Being a minister gives her significant influence right off the bat, but not enough for me to say she's an influential character yet.

I also have Saphra. She's not well-known or important at all. Just a simple ex-thief conscript with horrible social skills.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Vasilije wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:Its not the Destination of a character, as could be shown my exiled old Seiken. Its the Journey. Would i go back and change how i RP'ed him? Not a dam bit, i loved RP'ing every step, every triumph and disaster, every adventure and every tradgedy.

Isn't your countless retcons of Seiken Trollbane/Lionmane the living-dead-living-dead-undead-living-etc doing exactly that?

Yeah, thought something along those lines too.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:04 pm

If Vasilije or Cid have a problem with me ooc, your both free to take it to private messages or create a related thread you can both bawl, bitch and whine in about how i stole your candy or some other sinister pixel related evil deeds.

If otherwise, keep this on topic and your wounded prides to yourselves.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next