Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everyone, please read this. It's important.

+64
Yaku
Jomir
yenai
Twinya
Torukan
Cid
Sir Lancelot
Navoe
Wubeh
Lexius
Lini
Sanara
Dorik Thunderbelly
Grufftoof
Thórva Lightrider
Muzjhath
Neyvin/Noxie
Zinkle Figgins
Wulfenbach
Nassulra / Dobkins
Exigua
Maurudin
Gogol
Elízabéth Moren
Grolzuul
Raelo/Lucanor
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Tasjin
Ataris
Morgeth
Etular
Raelan
Lavian
Zhakiri
Kil'drakor
bloop
Gesh
Gunnell
Cathee Norris
Geldar
itsy
Teebo
Melnerag
Kristeas Sunbinder
Dharum
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Antistia
Halya
Nessra Sunwhisper
Krogon Devilstep
Elunii
Kettin
Rasonal Dranger
Jayse
Gallandria
Nayan
Saevir
Guldujenu
Arinith
Mandui
Shriyaro
(Goggy) - Exilius
Kozgugore Feraleye
Shrogan
68 posters

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Go down

Everyone, please read this. It's important. Empty Everyone, please read this. It's important.

Post by Shrogan Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls and dear Roleplayers of the Defias Brotherhood server. I have recently heard of something which I found to have been utmost upsetting. Apparently, or so rumours say, there is a guild named <Goon Squad> which is considering coming over to Defias Brotherhood with the sole intent of crashing RP events and depopulating the server. I believe they are of a Horde majority but will too have branches over the Alliance. This topic is a warning for everyone to be on their toes and to get their report buttons ready as well as their PvP gear at hand.

The link to the thread is the following <Goon Squad> transferthing.

And in case access is blocked, I will quote the OP:

In the light of there being an overwhelming majority wanting to transfer, it's looking pretty likely at this point. There's a lot of people who have their minds set on a realm and a lot of people who just want "a good battlegroup" or "higher population" so I'm just trying to clear some things up here for those people who don't know what good realms there are, what good battlegroups, etc., even if you already have your mind set on the one where all you m8s are.

This isn't a thread for discussing why people should transfer or who voted what, when we're going to transfer, or voting where, this is an informational thread for people, so people can SUGGEST good realms, give reasons, try to convince other people of your retarded opinion, then we'll have a vote at a later date, in the next couple of weeks hopefully if we get enough good suggestions. (then transfer to sunstrider)

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realms ... sort=Ratio

A list of all the realms sorted by the alliance to horde ratio, bear in mind that realms with bigger horde populations will have wintergrasp more, but probably bigger battleground queues overall. This is also wildly inaccurate, so take it just as a guide

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... roups.html

A list of all the realms sorted into battlegroups, iirc the "best" ones are cyclone, blackout, and rampage, although I hear people saying in guild chat that blackout has crippling lag at prime time? Someone that knows more about that could post about that.

You can also check out the wow forums for the battlegrounds but heh wow forums, might be good to check the bg queue times of different battlegroups though.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/calculator/

Here's a list of what ratings people needed on various battlegroups to get the gladiator titles. This might not seem relevant to anyone but pvpers but the higher gladiator ranking tends to mean more high rated players, which tends to mean higher pop realms, more battlegrounds, more people doing pugs for raids, etc.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu

List of the most progressed realms, ie the realms with the most amount of raiding guilds. Same as above, more progressed tends to mean more pugs etc etc.

-------------------------------------

Some things to bear in mind:
-If it's totally completely horde dominated we'll have wintergrasp and all that stuff, but good luck farming for materials, same goes for totally alliance dominated. Ideally, go for one that's got more horde than alliance but not one like magtheridon where it's insanely overpopulated.
-Goon squad isn't a pure raiding guild, despite the past x months happenings. We put the transfer issue up because this realm is dead and we haven't even been able to crash any rp parties for ages because we made everyone transfer, I might just be speaking for myself here but going to an rp realm would be very good, means we could start having some fun again!
-Goon Squad Number One Guild
-When thinking about a server, try to anticipate leveling new alts, trolling opportunities, and what happens come cataclysm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT FROM SNOW:

Lini's Extended Guide to Dealing with Goons

On Forums:
Don't respond to their posts, no matter how good counter-argument you might have.
They will try to wind you up while playing innocent themselves, so that in the end you'll end up looking like the bad guy.
All you'll manage to do is get the thread locked or in the worst case get YOURSELF banned. Not worth it.
When in doubt, remember the four important letters. No, I'm not talking about WWJD. The magical letters are STFU.

Or if you think your self-control isn't good enough, systematically use the ignore funcion on every single <Goons> member you see on the forums. (See picture)
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img710/82/protip.jpg

In Game (if Horde):
/Ignore. No exceptions.
See no Goons, hear no Goons, speak of no Goons. They're air to you.
Use the Report Spam tool if they're spamming channels. Not only will this ignore them till you log out, it will send an automatic ticket to Blizz as well.
Report them when/if they break the rules. (Familiarize them yourself)

In Game (if Alliance):
Cold merciless steel. Apply directly to forehead. Their forehead. Or any other body part for that matter.
Gank them. Camp them. Invite your friends over as well and tell them to bring the marshmallows. Tell your goth friends to go party out at the graveyards as well.
Once(/if) they start bringing their own friends, leave the scene. You're not there to give them the pleasure of a fair fight, let alone the chance of turning the tables.
Report them when/if they break the rules. (Familiarize them yourself)

If you can't kill them for whatever reason, ignore them.
If they happen to be (emote)spamming and you can't kill them, /ignore them. It works cross-faction as well.

Summary: Goons thrive on seeing other people getting angry. Because of this you ABSOLUTELY must give them the silent treatment.
THEY.
ARE.
AIR.
TO.
YOU.

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Everyone, please read this. It's important. Empty Re: Everyone, please read this. It's important.

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Best is not to give attention whores their attention.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Everyone, please read this. It's important. Empty Re: Everyone, please read this. It's important.

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Not in my neighbourhood!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Yeah, they were fairly annoying on Sporregar (I used to be on there with one of my chars), but not really too bad if you don't rise to the bait. Since their entire purpose is to wind people up, scam people and generally 'get a reaction', ignoring them is the best way to go.

They didn't actually ruin any RP which I was part of, although I wasn't on Sporr for long before leaving to join DB. They just made a lot of noise about it and made it seem worse. They're certainly no worse than what we already have, just slightly more numerous and organised.

Last edited by Shriyaro on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:38 pm

I've been playing on and off on DB since i disappeared and it looks like the perfect environment for pubbie tears. It has "serious" RP guilds who even talk RP in guildchat, has medium pop wich is good for the AH and a decent battlegroup i believe. All in all, people are too nice there from my experience and it needs the GS element on it. I was leveling a shaman there so i'll keep at it and hope we move there.
This is from that thread as well. I sense an invasion approaching..
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Oh gods... I am extremely worried about this. I have already seen how an entire server bleeds dry after Goon Squad landed there, and I really don't want to see it happen again. Just ignoring them will not help.

Contrary to Shri, I have actually seen them ruin RP, and their actions caused others to use it as an excuse to act like tards as well, untill all decent roleplayers fled. In the end, only a hardcore few remained, and then even they had to throw in the towel. No wonder they got bored on Spore, everyone else was probably gone.

I don't want to sound doomsy, but I think we need a plan for this.
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Ariyuni wrote:Oh gods... I am extremely worried about this. I have already seen how an entire server bleeds dry after Goon Squad landed there, and I really don't want to see it happen again. Just ignoring them will not help.

Contrary to Shri, I have actually seen them ruin RP, and their actions caused others to use it as an excuse to act like tards as well, untill all decent roleplayers fled. In the end, only a hardcore few remained, and then even they had to throw in the towel. No wonder they got bored on Spore, everyone else was probably gone.

I don't want to sound doomsy, but I think we need a plan for this.

Well then folks, lets get to planning Wink

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guldujenu Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:44 pm

...No... please god no.. Shocked
Guldujenu
Guldujenu

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Can anyone with experience enumerate the methods GS can be expected to use for griefing, aside from the obvious such as using opposite faction chars to corpse camp an event?
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:47 pm

A note to everyone here, if you don't mind. Thanks to these news, I'd suggest any and all account activations in these forums are much more careful, so if you know someone that is registering, please nudge a moderator yourselves about it.

It is a silly question to ask "are you an rp'er?" to someone we don't know, as ooc'ers would also reply "yes, I am". It's different when people from in here nudge, as then we have solid testimony about it, other than two words.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Sad so sad...I think maybe should send that thread to blizz, as they are planning to make people grief and break the rp ruleset doubt they would do anything though. But it is a banable offence.

Last edited by Veia on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Veia wrote:Sad so sad...I think maybe should send that thread to blizz, as they are planning to make people grief and break the rp ruleset doubt they would do anything though.

Way ahead of you. Emails and tickets have been made already.

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Thumbs crossed, should it fail, I say we all collect some monies and raise some funds for hiring ourselves a hitman! ;D
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:57 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Thumbs crossed, should it fail, I say we all collect some monies and raise some funds for hiring ourselves a hitman! ;D

My shedules clear, I can fit you in next week perhaps?
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:57 pm

I have seen them spam chat so that it was impossible to follow rp in a decent way, they've teleported to big RP sites and generally jumped up and down in front of people, I've also seen one of them, playing a tauren, stand on top of a blood elf which made her virtually invisible. There are plenty more 'minor' things they do like this which are a general pain, but not too bad. They start to wear you down after while, though.

In addition, they infiltrate RP forums like this one and RP guilds. Then they use all of the information to boycot the roleplay events, or roleplayers in general. They also try to lure people using scams and lies, causing everyone to panick. They thrive on any emotional reaction they get, even indifference. Posting in a GS thread on the realm forums is a one-way ticket to being flamed.

I know these all sound relatively minor, but when every single event is the target of these actions every roleplayer involved will feel bullied. Because that is what they are, nothing but playground bullies. And I never really figured out how to beat those, apart from socking them one on the nose and being 'the scary goth girl', but I don't think that'll work this time. :3
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Nayan wrote:A note to everyone here, if you don't mind. Thanks to these news, I'd suggest any and all account activations in these forums are much more careful, so if you know someone that is registering, please nudge a moderator yourselves about it.

It is a silly question to ask "are you an rp'er?" to someone we don't know, as ooc'ers would also reply "yes, I am". It's different when people from in here nudge, as then we have solid testimony about it, other than two words.

Don't put it past them to have a member actually participate in roleplay for an extended period of time just to infiltrate communities
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Saevir wrote:
Nayan wrote:A note to everyone here, if you don't mind. Thanks to these news, I'd suggest any and all account activations in these forums are much more careful, so if you know someone that is registering, please nudge a moderator yourselves about it.

Don't put it past them to have a member actually participate in roleplay for an extended period of time just to infiltrate communities

Exactly their MO. But how else will we remain open to new players? Or is building a chinese wall around us really the only way?
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Well what we do, if they some how find out about rp events take them to the gurubashi empire and camp them there pretending there is a big rp event and when they arrive bam!
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:04 pm

*points out* They will probably roll horde. So bam what? :p
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Thumbs crossed, should it fail, I say we all collect some monies and raise some funds for hiring ourselves a hitman! ;D

To be honost, send more emails- Let them stay where they are, do what they want- we don't care. Just get blizzard to understand that if they allow them to transfer here, Their only intention is to ruin RP and harass people. Get blizzard by planty of Emails to understand it will be way easier to them to not allow them to transfer to here.

If plan A fails, we allways have plan B:
If they crash an event from their own faction by jumping and oocing, we must be ready to get serveal, well geared guys from the other faction to corpse camp them. If they Corpse camp Rpers event from the other faction- have to channels to be able to call others to return Corpse Camp into them.

If plans B fails, we allways have Plan C of Shrogan. Enter there guild, get there addresses, And become Serial, Worldwide, Murderers.

So fear not!
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Aye I think the mails are going to be the best bet I think blizzard will listen if they are being flooeded with mails from differant people.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:09 pm

You don't think people of Spore called on Blizzard to do something? There is zilch interest from Bliz in RP, except for one server, and we all know where it is. It's the only place GS will not go, more so because it's not a pvp server.

Still, counter-infiltration sounds good. :>
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Plan D, mass server Gm tickets XD asking the same thing to get rid of them.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:12 pm

zetanu wrote:Plan D, mass server Gm tickets XD asking the same thing to get rid of them.

Plan E, massive suicide, So blizzard will have to do something when we are all dead in real life!
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elunii Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 pm

This looks realy bad, but what can we do about it?

Elunii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next