Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How important is YOUR character?

+54
Rargnasha
Dareil Sin'Valor
Solanum
Maelmoor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Brigs Morgan
Gustov
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Rhavz'amul
Broncrast
Coppersocket
Skarain
Zhaun Blackblood
Nifty
Braiden
Xen-tau
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Celistra
Zalissa
Darilas
Kozgugore Feraleye
Ledgic
Anivitas
Grim
Morgeth
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Cid
Drustai
Tuomas/Decurius
Muzjhath
Amaryl
Skaraa
Tachal
erwtenpeller
Raene
Doowor
Khendran
siegmund
Sohan
Allonia_Miral
Thrakha
Thondalar Stormleaf
Krogon Devilstep
Valdar/Melan
Dréfurion
Ixirar
Gogol
Finnabhair
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Vaell
Seranita
Thelos
Sadok
Cadaemus
58 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How important is YOUR character? Empty How important is YOUR character?

Post by Cadaemus Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:25 am

Disclaimer: If any argument goes beyond a debate I'll cry.

When I first created Clutzcog, all I had was a character in front of me. Due to circumstances, he became an actor, etc.

Over time, he develoved into a kind of celebrity. This wasn't due to choice. People frequently ask for autographs, poems, etc. I decided to let it get to him . In short, I RP the Travelling Thespians AS A BIG DEAL. This is mainly to do with reactions RPers have given me but also, well, because I kind of wanted to. And that's as valid a reason as any to RP a certain way.

My question is this: How important is YOUR character, and in what ways? For example Clutzcog us a fairly key actor in Stormwind, but he's no hero. He hasn't seen Deathwing, has yours?
Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

How important is YOUR character? Empty Re: How important is YOUR character?

Post by Sadok Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am

I think the term ‘important’ is a loaded one that might not end well, considering the direction some threads tend to go - famous might be a better term, perhaps.

You could make the argument that Sadok has some ‘importance’ (depending on how you term it) given that he occupies a high position in his tribe and chairs the Arcane Conclave (more of a committee peacekeeper than a ‘leader’). He’s hardly a celebrity however, and hasn’t done anything especially heroic or awesome.

So marginal-to-moderate 'importance' and little real fame.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 am

Pao is just another wanderer amongst many.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Nope, nothing whatsoever. Move along, now. Here's a beer. Now get lost! What is this, am I on trial here?! Are you from the inqusition! I won't say another word without consulting my attorney first!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 am

is this important to onesself or important to the community ic around the toon?

to myself I would say monrena is my most iportant closley followed by henita with sonja in a firm third.. However ic I would see it more as

Monrena = the draenei that stands out and yet does not do much so as such holds no real position of importance.. thow she is very good at influencing those who get to know her

Henita = your average panda out to have fun, is a little emotional, yet makes a good friend and is there for her fellows when needed

Son'ja = an over emotional.. very agressive troll who will fight first and ask later.. she also holds no real position of power or influence and is generaly regarded as a grunt who could be sacrificed if the need arises

Shentin = My nelf dk briefly raised to a position of great importance when she became an informant to the stormwind regement when the shrowd was on the verge of declaring open warfare on stormwind... this has earnt her sw citisanship and civilian rights.. she holds a few powerfull friends in high ranks as a result (thow sadly she is prity much not rp'ed at the moment for ooc reasons)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 am

As important as others allow him to be realistically. I try not to give to much background or depth to what's behind him, but rather see character progress take him to whatever heights of importance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadaemus Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 am

Pao wrote: Nothing out of the ordinary.

We also weren't rehearsing with the captain of the guard.

Although to be fair, we weren't really rehearsing. Hmm.

Importance means anything from standing in society to impact on lore to role in world events.

Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:13 am

cool so my ic section hit the nail then good stuff My fith and final ex main rp toon had a hudge impact on the people around her Chareshia.. she herself died thow and has since been raised as an undead hiding in the furthst reaches of elwyn forest eating the odd chaptarian pesant but only one person knows who this "shadow" is ic.. and when I say eating.. I more mean harvesting for the master that raised her I cannot realy say anymore on this issue thow
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:22 am

the server basically worships me

ohwait my character nevermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadaemus Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:26 am

perturbo wrote:the server basically worships me

ohwait my character nevermind

:l
Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 am

I'd say Vaell is more infamous than anything else. I think a lot of Stormwind City (role-player wise) knows who he is, though he is more like Nicholas Cage as opposed to Anthony Hopkins
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:10 am

Gor'Thrak hardly ever holds any key roles, he's more of a supportive character. While he has taken place in some battles that were important to the lore all that he did was either butcher enemies or lead small groups of Orcs (Max 50), he did nothing that would stand out. When his leader(s) stood shouting out commands he would act as a bodyguard, hold a point or the similar.
If you took a movie (Or an event) he wouldn't be the hero but one of the hero's friends, a strong fighter but not the one who pulls the strings. He holds no relation to the characters of Warcraft's lore.

Cenalia and Zimbula? Hardly any importance at all, they're just a few amongst many. The most important thing Cenalia has ever done was to participate in the war against the Amani, and that was just as a regular battlehealer, and the most important thing that Zimbula has done was to participate in the Shatterspear's Tribe war against the Night Elves as a regular soldier (Headhunter).

Mincy perhaps holds a tiny bit more importance than Cenalia and Zimbula as she has had some effect on the people around her, although presumably little. She typically goes around preaching about negative/positive energies, harmony and so on. She has taken part in no events in the lore though.

These characters are all rather new though, but I've had some characters previously that held a bigger role in the community.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 am

Monrena wrote:cool so my ic section hit the nail then good stuff My fith and final ex main rp toon had a hudge impact on the people around her Chareshia.. she herself died thow and has since been raised as an undead hiding in the furthst reaches of elwyn forest eating the odd chaptarian pesant but only one person knows who this "shadow" is ic.. and when I say eating.. I more mean harvesting for the master that raised her I cannot realy say anymore on this issue thow

Oh, really? And seeing as how "Chapterian" peasants are targetted, I find it hard to believe it hasn't come to the attention of the Chapter and been properly looked into. Thanks for oocly bringing it to my attention, when can we address it ICly? Smile
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:12 am

As the Executor of the Eight platoon, Vasilije's importance far outshine the one of others.
He is most probablly one of the most important Forsaken character out there right now, if not -the- most important. Save Sylvanas, of course.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:12 am

Yeah my char is pretty much the shit too.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:16 am

Farelin/Dijie wrote:
Monrena wrote:cool so my ic section hit the nail then good stuff My fith and final ex main rp toon had a hudge impact on the people around her Chareshia.. she herself died thow and has since been raised as an undead hiding in the furthst reaches of elwyn forest eating the odd chaptarian pesant but only one person knows who this "shadow" is ic.. and when I say eating.. I more mean harvesting for the master that raised her I cannot realy say anymore on this issue thow

Oh, really? And seeing as how "Chapterian" peasants are targetted, I find it hard to believe it hasn't come to the attention of the Chapter and been properly looked into. Thanks for oocly bringing it to my attention, when can we address it ICly? Smile

when i was active on that charicter i was putting up roumers in the roumer mill thread every 2 days but nobody seemed to act uppon them sadly so slowly i ended up putting the charicter on the backburner hence now she is merly a wraith for now I suppose we can do something about this ic'ly but I wont be able to do anything ic for at least a week at the moment sadly add henita to your friends list so we can talk about it proppa
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadaemus Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:23 am

I suppose I should have mentioned Clutzcog found moustachemourne, the sword(id) of pimps. He's now the bitch king.
Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Malik Khan 'Malikan' the Great is Shahanshah and Khagan of the Gnomish Horde and also carries the Sultan of Gnomeregan and Emir of Kezan, Booty Bay and New Tinkertown titles.. I suppose he's the bees knees.

In all seriousness, there was a time most Night Elfs would know Dréfurion, but that has since passed.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 pm

As Sadok said, this is a difficult question.

Valdar - As a ranking intelligence officer of SI:7, I suppose he would have some importance to the lives of many subjects of Stormwind and the Alliance, although there are only a handfull who know who he is and what he does, and as such has amount of fame to his name.

Eselan - Eselan's merits would be known to most people involved in the military. He is currently a Marshal of the Alliance, mostly commanding troop movements from his desk in Stormwind and at times (when his presence is required) out on the field. His family name Leomin is also known as a family of good, strong military minds. He has previously been a warlord of Arathi (Kingdom of Arathor), soldier of the Shining Strand and of the Disciples, and Commander of the Lightbearer Regiment, as well as Minister of Defense in Stormwind.

Melan Aetherel - This is by far the character I had least imagined to be someone of import. Melan is a relatively insecure young lad from a poor and secluded back ground, but has -somehow- come to lead the Arathorian regiment as acting commander in Eodan Haidren's absense. He would certainly be known to nearly all Arathorians due to his current status and his honorary titel of 'Hawkeye', and known to some extent to the Stormwind military sphere, as the Arathorians are currently based in the south.

Those are my two cents. If anyone sees any issues in there, do bring them up, and we might be able to work them out.
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:02 pm

A horrid and tricky question, if i'm honest. The problem is knowing the difference between Importance and 'fame', Which i'm pleased to see that everyone does!

lets see now...

Blademaster Krogon - He is extremely notorious, Feared and respected while holding a great deal of influence because of the weight of his words. However, in terms of importance? very relative to what he's doing, or subjectively told to do. so importance? eh, extremely variable and depending on what he's trying to achieve. Being a Blademaster, others listen to his words, yield to his experience but dont bow to his authority.

Thomas Havelok - A nobody, really. He's just a private in the army who somehow got lucky with getting a Kinghthood from the argent crusade. nobody knows his name, nobody speaks about him and he holds no influence.

Seiken Lionmane - None, what so ever. He's an old man nobody even considers, living in exile. Famous, most certainly for his deeds and victory's, in his hay day he was arguably the most powerful Alliance side character on the server, leading the entire alliance army, dominating decisions. but everyone has their time, and his is gone. Famous beyond a doubt, important? not in the slightest these days.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:49 pm

None of mine are really that famous. But its interesting tos ee how famous others are!
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Simaria wrote:None of mine are really that famous. But its interesting tos ee how famous others are!

I think it was already established that this thread isn't really about fame, but importance, and that those are two separate things.
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Thrakha Ironsong - quite well-renowned, as a veteran warrior and warleader. Known for savage efficiency on the battlefield, with a mixed reputation for implacable brutality against some enemies and sporadic acts of compassion and mercy against others.

She carries moderate political weight, as a Chieftain of a warband numbering well over a hundred. Anyone serious in the Horde military structure will be at least vaguely aware of her and her followers.

The Alliance will also be somewhat aware of her; she was a renowned veteran of the Argent Crusade, and is therefore known by name to many other ex-Crusaders on both sides, and these days her warband's distinctive colours are a recognisable sight on the battlefield.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Valdar/Melan wrote:
Simaria wrote:None of mine are really that famous. But its interesting tos ee how famous others are!

I think it was already established that this thread isn't really about fame, but importance, and that those are two separate things.
The opposite actually. Look back to the first page which is about a celebrity status and how recognisable his character is - AKA Fame, not importance. The question in the thread title is just a little confusing.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:02 pm

None of mine are the least bit famous or important. Hah!
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Sohan: An annoying little prick walking around insulting guards and flirting with women. Neither famous nor important.

Gìna: Cultist under disguise. Unknown to most and not really that important.

Helrog: He had his days of importance, and maybe also fame, when he was a Lieutenant of the Blazing Shields. But that was a long time ago and he's now serving as a mercenary for the Kingdom of Stromgarde - presumably dead as he's been missing for 6 months.

(None of my characters were meant to become famous or a person of importance as I do not like RPing them that way - sure, if the opportunity would arise I would take it, but it's not something I strive for.)
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next