Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read-

+37
Rae Wulfgnar
Evesia
Allonia_Miral
Ledgic
Sohan
Rend2
Zathoroz
Anivitas
Azarion
Martok
Kittrina
Thelos
Drustai
siegmund
Sharyssa/Adenah
Shariah
Timna
Gilran
Humphry
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Ralegh
Lexgrad
Vaell
Ixirar
Cid
Rmuffn
Frostfeather
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Rammius
Braiden
Arkil
Mikasa
Skarain
Iriel Silversong
Morgaan
Maliel
41 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read- Empty [A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read-

Post by Maliel Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 am

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read- ArgentInvitationLetter

-The Argent Tournament will take place on the Tournament Grounds in Northrend.

Time:
-The 13th of August, 9 pm Game Time.

Purpose:
-Reestablish the Argent Crusade guild as a formidable RP presence on the server.
-Strengthening old relations and creating new ones amongst other guilds, opening an assortment of new RP opportunities.

The Jousting Event:
-Guilds will select a representative of any level, different from their pick in any other event to compete in a best 2 out of 3 jousting competition with other guild representatives.

The Archery Event:
-Guilds will select a representative of any level, different from their pick in any other event, to compete in a roll based RP archery event.

The Argent Tournament:
-All attending guilds, kindly post the names of your representative on the forum or in game mail, to later be placed in a randomized draw to determine their opponents, who will be announced during the actual event.
-All attending guilds will select one level 85 member of any class, gear set and ilevel.
-Participants may only battle with defensive or offensive specs, supportive ones (Holy, Restoration...etc) are not allowed.
-The winners will go on to face other winners, until there is only one combatant left standing to be crowned the Argent Champion.
-Feasts and celebrations abound in honor of the newly donned Argent Champion and all those who fought valiantly in attempts to attain the title.

I hope to see you all there, best of luck to all participants!

Last edited by Maliel on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Maliel

Character sheet
Name: Maliel Gillain
Title: The Scourgeward

Back to top Go down

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read- Empty Re: [A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read-

Post by Morgaan Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 am

(If it is for all to see then: )

Slowly peers at the Argent Tournament poster, she raises a brow slowly and places a hand where the silver ball stands in her eye socket, she sighs deeply after a few moments and continues on, "Bah.... Argents.... In a time of war of the Alliance and Horde... they want to make a Tournament... one in Northend over all..... How many of them grow bored by having no enemies anymore, but still they stand and watch while the Forsaken make use of the Plague on the Alliance in Lordaeron and Gilneas... ah and they say the Scarlet Crusade was a force of evil...." She sighs and places her helm over her head marching on towards the Cathedral

(And if it is not IC knowledge, which would be odd if it wasn't really, then just note me on it xD )
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read- Empty Re: [A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read-

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am

( Guys have fun! Best of luck pity Thennai will miss it ! Have fun!!! Best of luck!)
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am

*Irene pets Morgan* you talking alone? Bad bad sign !
( haha!
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Nice to see this coming. I'll try to be spectating.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:34 pm

And an event like this is made when I quit. G'dangit. G'luck with it.
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Can't wait for this. You may be hearing from us. Very Happy
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Oh it's on.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammius Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Disciples of Light are in. We shall be deciding our representive in the week end Smile
Rammius
Rammius

Character sheet
Name: Valten Grimaldus
Title: Lieutenant of the Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:35 pm

I'll be there with the Disciples of Light of course but.. What I'm wondering is will healers be allowed to participate? 1v1 it is impossible to kill a fully PvP geared healer, or at least bloody difficult. By allowing healers to participate, this also opens up the the -very- likely possibility of two healer finalists. Who then will win? It seems silly to me.

So how will this be dealt with?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

I was under the impression that it'd be a joust with them horses, not duels but I could be wrong Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maliel Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 am

The duels will be PvP duels, one on one, within the Stadium.

For the reasons brought to light by Helmfrid that I had indeed forgot to mention, the duels are to be held on offensive or defensive specs, not supportive ones.

Maliel

Character sheet
Name: Maliel Gillain
Title: The Scourgeward

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:25 am

Maliel wrote:The duels will be PvP duels, one on one, within the Stadium.

For the reasons brought to light by Helmfrid that I had indeed forgot to mention, the duels are to be held on offensive or defensive specs, not supportive ones.

Add this to the first post perhaps also with another color so people dont miss it?^^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:57 am

What is considered "a supportive spec"?
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 am

Holy, Discipline, Restoration.

I still think they can get involved by healing the contestants and providing other services. From a PvP standpoint having them involved in the tournament would break it, 1v1 against a healer is a bad idea and unless the gods intervene we'd have a healer vs healer final which would never end, be boring to watch and just be downright lame :3
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:56 am

I'll raise my second point. What about Hunters? We use ranged weaponry such as Guns, Bows and Crossbows but this wouldn't be legal IC in a duel scenario. Can we look past that as 'game mechanics' and see a Hunter fighting in a different style?

For example you can dodge/deflect/take to the chest a spell, you can parry/dodge/take to the chest a blow from a melee weapon, but being shot at is pretty much game over as far as IC.

Though I'd love to participate as a Hunter I'd understand if it wasn't allowed due to IC rules and whatnot, I'd bring forward the idea of seeing someone as a Hunter 'class' as purely OOC and imagine them fighting with a Melee weapon.

Unless of course we allow matrix rules to apply Wink
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:23 am

Fight in melee as hunter? *shrug* ;o
I mean sure, if it's a duel, you're likely to lose.. Due to mechanics, but eh.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:28 am

Well my main point was, can hunters fight with guns OOCly, or will this be strictly IC logic, were guns would not be allowed?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:07 am

Considering that my rogue use a rifle mainly for the IC fights, it would be slightly... impractical for duels though. I'd suggest to stick with class mechanics and duel from there.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:30 am

Lol'd at banning healers but allowing tanks.

Not gonna fuss about it here though, good luck with your event.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:03 am

Helmfrid wrote:Well my main point was, can hunters fight with guns OOCly, or will this be strictly IC logic, were guns would not be allowed?
Actual duels wont ever look very RP like nor will playing by set rules limiting the mechanics that we use make them any better, so pondering supposed "IC-logic" or "realism" is useless. It will basicly be glorified gates of Stormwind. Most of the people participating will look like ninjas if you go with -everything- in the duel actually happening in the battle IC. Not that I actually mind duels being used as a tool to fight IC but there's still a point to this rant Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Lol'd at banning healers but allowing tanks.

Not gonna fuss about it here though, good luck with your event.

Tanks can be killed, it just takes a little longer. Healers on the other hand...

Braiden wrote:
Helmfrid wrote:Well my main point was, can hunters fight with guns OOCly, or will this be strictly IC logic, were guns would not be allowed?
Actual duels wont ever look very RP like nor will playing by set rules limiting the mechanics that we use make them any better, so pondering supposed "IC-logic" or "realism" is useless. It will basicly be glorified gates of Stormwind. Most of the people participating will look like ninjas if you go with -everything- in the duel actually happening in the battle IC. Not that I actually mind duels being used as a tool to fight IC but there's still a point to this rant Razz

This was sort of the wavelength I was on. It would be a shame if we limited game mechanics for IC realism, but I wanted to keep my opinion out of my question to see what the event organiser thought on the matter.

After dueling some of the other guilds representatives the other night just for fun, I can tell everyone here reading this that some of the fights will be -very- interesting.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:37 am

Ah, this is to be dueling and not emote? Oh well! I'll probably still come.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Oh, missed the "tank-spec allowed" part. Yay!
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Good PvPer will pwn a pve tank, only trouble would be melee vs bloodspec maybe... not a huge problem as im prob the only dk there and im not blood anyway... But dont let me stop you, keep looking for problems and hopefully these nice new Argents will soon be as jaded as us Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next