Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read-

+37
Rae Wulfgnar
Evesia
Allonia_Miral
Ledgic
Sohan
Rend2
Zathoroz
Anivitas
Azarion
Martok
Kittrina
Thelos
Drustai
siegmund
Sharyssa/Adenah
Shariah
Timna
Gilran
Humphry
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Ralegh
Lexgrad
Vaell
Ixirar
Cid
Rmuffn
Frostfeather
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Rammius
Braiden
Arkil
Mikasa
Skarain
Iriel Silversong
Morgaan
Maliel
41 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read- - Page 2 Empty Re: [A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read-

Post by Maliel Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Not jaded, good Lexgrad, this is all welcome input, mind you I'm also quite new to the RP game so it's nice to have the veterans voice (or rather, type) their concerns, all forms of criticism to better the event are welcome.

As for the dueling, they will be OOC PvP duels, my thoughts we're to look passed IC realism and only acknowledge that the winner had won, as opposed to how he came about doing it; so hunters are more than allowed to participate.

Maliel

Character sheet
Name: Maliel Gillain
Title: The Scourgeward

Back to top Go down

[A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read- - Page 2 Empty Re: [A] The Argent Tournament! -Updated, please read-

Post by Ixirar Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Good PvPer will pwn a pve tank, only trouble would be melee vs bloodspec maybe... not a huge problem as im prob the only dk there and im not blood anyway... But dont let me stop you, keep looking for problems and hopefully these nice new Argents will soon be as jaded as us Smile

All tanks (maybe except feral druids) are pretty much total hard counter to all melee specs. Basically, what it does is it filters out so in the end only hunters and casters are in the tournament since no melee will beat the tanks.

Also, I don't know if you're assuming most people attending this event will be "good PVPers", but I've gotta tell you here that no, they're most likely not.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Will the horde be able to attend?
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:46 pm

[A] The Argent Tournament!

I presume not.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:50 pm

I'd suggest slipping in a few events to create more RP. It is your tournament and I by no means want to dictate how you do it, but in PvP duels, someone with full cata will win most of the time, so players which don't have PvP sets or only have the basic honour one won't stand a chance even if ICly, they're superior to their opponent.

So to compensate for that, you could add in a couple more emote or roll based events such as a jousting competition or archery.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saegwyth Dawnsinger Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

The Argent Tournament being Alliance only kinda breaks the idea of the Argent Crusade being cross-faction.

But perhaps it's just me speaking on behalf of the Hordies.

Let's follow this earlier idea! : http://www.defiasrp.com/t5471-jousting-horde-tournament was
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Saegwyth Dawnsinger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Nah I'm happy with PvP. Sitting in the Colosseum, in the audience with the contestants in the ring would be so epic. Everyone cheering and whatnot. It's a bit of fun and a laugh. Though having a jousting tournament on a seperate day could be nice, but I fear it might make some roleplayers opt of the duels due to fear of losing, which would be a shame. Nobodies going to be elitist about it anyhow, we're all roleplayers here, afterall.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Oh A PvP tournament. SGE had one at the end of WotLK and it was epix, gief another Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Tyriez shall be representing the Blades for Hire.

Remaí shall be representing House Beaumont.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maliel Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:09 pm

All your RP needs will be tended to, simply attend and you'll find many a surprise await you!

Maliel

Character sheet
Name: Maliel Gillain
Title: The Scourgeward

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammius Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm

[Letter to Maliel Gillain]

To Hight Templar Maliel Gillain

I would like to inform you that we have selected our Champion to represent the Disciples of Light in your tournament. The name of our Champion is called Aldric Essalus Helmfrid.

We shall be arriving to the Argent Tounament Grounds on the coming Sunday.

Your Sincerley

Lieutenant Valten Grimaldus, Disciples of Light
Rammius
Rammius

Character sheet
Name: Valten Grimaldus
Title: Lieutenant of the Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm

The Hammers will be there, but it's still unknown who will represent us.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:27 am

If I am online and awake enough tomorrow evening, I'll join as the Champion of the Kingdom of Stromgarde.

(Unless someone objects from the guild!)
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 am

Timna wrote:If I am online and awake enough tomorrow evening, I'll join as the Champion of the Kingdom of Stromgarde.

(Unless someone objects from the guild!)

I hatez you..
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:35 pm

*Shariah reads the post once again and nods, grabbing quill, inc and paper*

" Dear Sir

This tournament is offering great excitement amongst us all and I am very sure our Champions will fight bravely. With brave comes courage, with courage comes adrenaline, with adrenaline comes carelessness, with carelessness comes wounds.

With this said I am offering to take care of any wounded Champions we might end up with during these events.

Yours sincerely & Light's Grace

Shariah A. Longhill, Priestess of the Disciples of Light"
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Name: Shariah A. Longhill
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Whoever brings a Blood DK as their champion is my hero.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Correction: I will -not- be fighting for the Kingdom of Stromgarde. It would appear that I as well as other contestants have been removed from the mentioned guild.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Whoever brings a Blood DK as their champion is my hero.

Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Timna wrote:Correction: I will -not- be fighting for the Kingdom of Stromgarde. It would appear that I as well as other contestants have been removed from the mentioned guild.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Where are you all!? Us Disciples are sitting up here in the Frozen North waiting for all you slackers to get a move on.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Timna wrote:Correction: I will -not- be fighting for the Kingdom of Stromgarde. It would appear that I as well as other contestants have been removed from the mentioned guild.

Doesn't remove your citizenship. You can represent Stromgarde.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Above statement is true. Also, it seems it's all been fairly solved.

I'll still attend. Fighting. And killing you.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Siegmund shall represent the Freelancers!

If i'm not too late yet?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:01 am

Siegmund has been given a short note explaining the situation:

The Royally commisioned explorers' outfit know as the Freelancers, will be late, as planning of other ventures has held us up.
I am sending our chosen champion, Siegmund Shadow, up North ahead of the others. The rest of the men will arrive sometime earlier the very day of the tournament, as mages able to make sufficient size portals are short in supply. Good luck with the preparations!

Jonah Dwyburn, on behalf of Alex Radke.
The Freelancers, Stormwind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 am

And if that is too late to sign up, we'll just, conveniently be late for the main event as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next