Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elder Scrolls... ONLINE!?

+30
Arundo
Feydor
Beladon
Aadaria-Ioanna
Valestrion
Coppernut
Dréfurion
Velynia
Chase - Esou
Ixirar
Shaelyssa
Melnerag
Skarain
Gogol
Vaell
Gilran
Coppersocket
Dharum
Drustai
Magaskawee/Anaei
Muzjhath
Lyniath
Morgaan
Eowale
Antistia
Morinth
Lexgrad
Ron Sexton
Kristeas Sunbinder
Krogon Devilstep
34 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Elder Scrolls... ONLINE!? - Page 3 Empty Re: Elder Scrolls... ONLINE!?

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat May 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Vaell wrote:You guys do realise Fallout MMO is already in the process of being made?!

It was canceled. Sad
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat May 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Again, 4 player COOP is the best possible setting for any single RPG ever made. Really.

Yes, I think of 4 player COOP as the God -AND- Jesus of the Holy Trinity of the RPG Genre.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon May 07, 2012 10:05 am

Not necessarily 4 player, but certainly not over 10.

10 player Co-Op in a controlled enviroment (Lost Planet, Monster Hunter, Dark Souls for instance) would be amazing, if you can program the bosses around that number of players, where the team actually has to work together to bring the large creatures down.

I could have a game like Lost Planet where you have like 20 different monsters, just those 20 and maybe some added smaller minions/children that appear during the fight, and have those 20 be very well developed with several key ways to bring each down- and possibly even have a team venture inside the monster to take out organs.
They had something like that for the Gordiant (first boss Lost Planet 2), and shit was fucking glorious.

Then again, most bosses of LP2 was- with the Gordiant and the train boss clearly being the best highlights.

With DLC later to add a few more bosses to the fray, and have modes where you could mix and match bosses to different enviroment, or simply have a challenge mode where you fight +2 bosses at the same time- and possibly even a 'insane' mode where you fight ALL bosses in a massive area at the same time.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon May 07, 2012 10:53 am

Borderlands is the way TESO should have gone in my opinion.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm very excited for this, very very excited.

To elaborate, this game reminds me of GW2 in a good way, especially the pvp. The problem with GW2 was that I have no affinity with the universe it plays it, something I definetly have with the world of TES. Dunmer necromancer kind of person I will go for probably (since I can't be an imperial).. Aarghasdha I want dis.

Last edited by Dréfurion on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:41 pm

We making a guild Dref for real this time!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:57 pm

This has come to interest me quite a bit!
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 pm

We are going to have a Darkelf guild Anti, ya in?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:23 pm

why darkelf?
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Cos me and Dref are going to roll Dunmar
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:36 pm

I've always learnt since Age of Conan never to get my hopes up about an upcoming MMO. This one looks like it could be pretty fun from the video but you can tell the PvP won't be a thing like it is in the video and the combat/weapon system sounds like it may be a bit clunky.

I don't like the sound of the joint server, doesn't sound rp friendly.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Lexgrad wrote:We are going to have a Darkelf guild Anti, ya in?

Well, they -are- my favorite race and it allows me to discriminate against the fucking Argonians.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Vaell wrote:I've always learnt since Age of Conan never to get my hopes up about an upcoming MMO. This one looks like it could be pretty fun from the video but you can tell the PvP won't be a thing like it is in the video and the combat/weapon system sounds like it may be a bit clunky.

I don't like the sound of the joint server, doesn't sound rp friendly.

You essentially "phase" you select the criteria of the people you want to see in the server (let's say 13+ RPers) and only people that have selected that you should see in the world around you. If they actually implement this like they say they will it will be a good system.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I thought precisely the opposite (to Vaell) about the megaserver. From the way it has been described, it sounds very RP friendly. Although it's one server, each area is instanced. You can set a flag to indicate that you have a preference for RP and will be put in an instance with other roleplayers. I've heard that there is also an option that allows you to specify the age of players you want to be instanced with, which will allow people to specify roleplaying purely for roleplaying rather than just because RP servers tend to be more mature. This system should also get around the problem where RP servers die because of a lack of players. Using the megaserver model, it should be possible to be instanced with roleplayers when there are enough logged on, but with mature players when there are too few roleplayers to keep things rolling along. That's assuming it works, of course.

The one thing that concerns me about it is that I just don't like the sound of any of the alliances. I'd rather see Nord grouped with Breton and Redguard to make a human alliance.

Last edited by Valestrion on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Positive and negative to this. I will however not get my hopes up. Games tends to flop more than they dont.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Valestrion wrote:I thought precisely the opposite (to Vaell) about the megaserver. From the way it has been described, it sounds very RP friendly. Although it's one server, each area is instanced. You can set a flag to indicate that you have a preference for RP and will be put in an instance with other roleplayers. I've heard that there is also an option that allows you to specify the age of players you want to be instanced with, which will allow people to specify roleplaying purely for roleplaying rather than just because RP servers tend to be more mature. This system should also get around the problem where RP servers die because of a lack of players. Using the megaserver model, it should be possible to be instanced with roleplayers when there are enough logged on, but with mature players when there are too few roleplayers to keep things rolling along. That's assuming it works, of course.

The one thing that concerns me about it is that I just don't like the sound of any of the alliances. I'd rather see Nord grouped with Breton and Redguard to make a human alliance.

I urge you to not look at the alliances at just the face of them, but rather at the story how they came to be. There's also alot of friction within especially the Ebonheart Pact because the Nords and Dunmer are put in together. It's better for the story that way!

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Aadaria-Ioanna wrote:Positive and negative to this. I will however not get my hopes up. Games tends to flop more than they dont.

MMO's flop because they try to get to the size of WoW.
A good MMO aims to get 200-500k players and are happy.
True, that also shows a bit in size and development. But as long as Bethesda aren't aiming for what they could never have...
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Antistia wrote:
Well, they -are- my favorite race and it allows me to discriminate against the fucking Argonians.

whats wrong with Argonians?
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Stroma wrote:
Antistia wrote:

They are all thiefs. Like the Kahjiit and the Redgaurds.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Stroma wrote:
Antistia wrote:

They're different and inferior to the Dunmer.

But I also like them a lot. My first ever Elder Scrolls character was Argonian.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Dréfurion wrote:I urge you to not look at the alliances at just the face of them, but rather at the story how they came to be. There's also alot of friction within especially the Ebonheart Pact because the Nords and Dunmer are put in together. It's better for the story that way!

I'm not arguing that the alliance doesn't make sense, and a complex story behind it is fine in the short term, but for an extended period of play, I'd rather have an alliance based on a simpler premise, i.e. the bonds of race.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Valestrion wrote:I thought precisely the opposite (to Vaell) about the megaserver. From the way it has been described, it sounds very RP friendly. Although it's one server, each area is instanced. You can set a flag to indicate that you have a preference for RP and will be put in an instance with other roleplayers. I've heard that there is also an option that allows you to specify the age of players you want to be instanced with, which will allow people to specify roleplaying purely for roleplaying rather than just because RP servers tend to be more mature. This system should also get around the problem where RP servers die because of a lack of players. Using the megaserver model, it should be possible to be instanced with roleplayers when there are enough logged on, but with mature players when there are too few roleplayers to keep things rolling along. That's assuming it works, of course.

No one I know IRL Role-plays, so hopefully I can split the two groups. This sounds a lot better when you explain it like that. This is beginning to chance my opinion of the game; if the RP is good enough alone, I'll get it for that. MMORPGs of the WoW style have completely bored me, GW2 for example, an amazing game but I dind't really get into it. Same with every one that comes along. I'm sat waiting for a Borderlands style one (which I hope Titan will be), a FPSkyrim one or a decent "start with noting, but civlisations" sort of MMO.

But back on topic, I'm getting pretty psyched for the RP having looked at the races/alliances.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Nod and you can opt into different things at different times, wanna raid you can leave the rp bit and raid. It is a great system, no more oocers!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Story wise Vale you have a race faction with the Helves/Welves and to a lesser extent the bretons. The Ebonheart pact is awesome as it is racist nords and racist delves working together. Gonna be some animosity and stuff I recken.

The Elf faction should be more or less plain sailing, they will likely be v powerful.

And then there are Orcs, and humans on the same side!!! :O
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next