Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help

+10
Cemdor
Anivitas
Grufftoof
Vaell
Lexgrad
Valestrion
Dréfurion
Cendahar
Coppersocket
Arundo
14 posters

Go down

TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help Empty TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help

Post by Arundo Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 pm

TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help 4lj902

Hello!

This message is not intended as SPAM but just to create some awareness for our roleplay community.

We would like to let you know that there is an Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community. Our little community is ever growing, its already a very vibrant place. We hope to bring all roleplayers together to share their stories and coming adventures in Tamriel. To make a success out of the community we hope to find some help from fellow roleplayers who are interested to share some of their time for the TESORP community.

Currently we are looking for a few forum moderators, newsposters, writers and admins.

Our community can be found @ http://www.TESORP.com - http://www.elderscrollsonlinerRP.com - http://www.elderscrollsonlineroleplay.com

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

the Elder Scrolls Online roleplaying community.
Arundo
Arundo

Character sheet
Name: Arundo Waycrest
Title: Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help Empty Re: TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help

Post by Coppersocket Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 pm

.. Talk about going way ahead of time. But I suppose since people (attempt, and it's quite laughable) RP at GW2 I suppose this should come as no surprise.

We don't even know what sort of functions will be in the game, if it'll have RP servers or not, will it even have any system supporting RP in the slightest?

It's a bit way too early, tbh.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help Empty Re: TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help

Post by Cendahar Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm

There won't be RP specific servers, or infact any type, as it's just going to be one giant server (or so they said). But good luck nevertheless man!
Cendahar
Cendahar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

They said there will be stuff to support RP. Despite being on the same server with everyone, you select "filters" for the people you want to see in your world, it's phasing bascily. RP was an example they gave.. as were age, pvp, pve.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:34 pm

I've read the same as Drefurion. As far as I can tell, there will be no permanent servers/shards, but rather one server with multiple instances of zones. You will be put into an instance based on your preferences for the type of player you want to find standing next to you and, I understand, your guild. There will be various preferences you can specify, of which I have seen RP and age mentioned as two. I see this approach as having two big benefits.

1. Because age is one of the preferences, roleplayers can be differentiated from mature players who choose RP "servers" because they tend to have a more mature player base.

2. When things get quiet and there are not many roleplayers around, you'll still be in a reasonably busy instance. This means that we won't face the situation where roleplaying servers die because, after the initial hype, the initial number of RP servers is too many for the number of roleplayers left and we end up with a load of empty servers that people lose interest in. I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but I'm hoping I'll find myself with roleplayers when there are roleplayers about, and mature players when there aren't enough roleplayers to fill an instance.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 am

On the beta there is a box on the sign up for RP, plus the effort that has gone into ES Lore I would expect a choice for RP in the phasing bit. Means no OOCers at all (barring intentional lolling).

It will be incredible imo, playing where everyone is an RPer.

I hope you can dephase griefers from what you experience.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:56 am

Though the system they'll have for RP isn't my ideal one, I'm pretty positive they'll be putting RP in. With addition to Lex, Valestrion and Dref's points - Oblivion and Skyrim have had some intense RP mods which seem to be extremely popular on the Steam Workshop.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arundo Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

Good morning,

According to the Zenimax (the people working on TESO) there will be roleplaying support. That’s already 100% better then in GW2 which does not have RP support from Arenanet. There wont be any realms or servers, but just one big “megaserver” where everybody plays one. When you login you can highlight which kind of play you prefer and you get mixed with likeminded others. As the server makes separate area’s depending on the crowd at one area. Sure you will get mixed with non RPers but that’s nothing new on Defias Brotherhood either. We have a long way to go before the game is released and there is just a tiny little information available at the moment.

And Coppersocket we might be ahead of time but, we already have a nice bunch of members who want to talk about the game in its current state. Feel free to join in if you are interested in TESO.
Arundo
Arundo

Character sheet
Name: Arundo Waycrest
Title: Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 am

I just don't know about the "phasing" thing. Surely if someone wants to actively be a prick (which is the "main" issue really) then they'll just flag themselves as RPers / mature / whatever to circumvent the phase system?

Or will the phases (RP specifically?) be particularly harshly monitored? Can you "unphase" someone (like a physical ignore?)?

I love the world of TES. I hope this game does it justice.

As for the OP: You can make a post, sure. We've had ones about other games. But I would hazard a warning: It is very early to known anything yet. A lot of the current push with regards TESO is to keep interest going... and that has burnt people before with other games.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm

I don't see it as too early to plan characters. There is no doubt you can 100% rp on the game. You can RP on CSS if you really wanted to!

My only issue with TESO is that I don't think I'll enjoy the game much but I'll love the RP - so I'll have one high level character and a bunch of level 3s of every bloody race and class.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm frankly an Elder Scrolls fan boy, I've loved the games since Morrowind, so I will be trying this out, and I will be roleplaying, I am just trying not to get hyped. As I find getting overly hyped just leads to dissapointment.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm

I really can't think of a TES game without the RP factor. Heavy roleplay is what makes TES games attractive in the first place. If the producers can't realize this, they are bound to fail, in my opinion.
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:08 pm

There seems to be a great deal of interest in this game from DB players, including myself. I hope it won't have too big an effect on DB life. WoW will continue to be my main game, and my position as GM of the Disciples of Light will continue to be my top priority.

One thing that might help would be to guild up together so that we can coordinate our ESO events with our DB events. Personally, I'm thinking of playing a Nord and would like to be part of a Nord clan-themed ESO guild with other DB players. I wouldn't want to lead it though.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Grufftoof wrote:I just don't know about the "phasing" thing. Surely if someone wants to actively be a prick (which is the "main" issue really) then they'll just flag themselves as RPers / mature / whatever to circumvent the phase system?

True someone can purposly be a prick to annoy role players, but then again, all you need to do on World of Warcraft is walk to an Rp hub or roll a level 1, the phasing will cut down on the random RP interrupts of passers by etc.

As for me, I plan to roll Dunmer and aim to rp with either a Redoran or Telvanni background, though I'll have to see some of the content in Morrowind before I decided.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 pm

I am really not wanting to make any plans yet untill I've played the game and got a feeling for the world and how RP friendly it is... Or I'll just end up with another post-GW2-feeling.. a mixture of disappointment that the story didn't appeal to me and the feeling of disappointment of returning to a game (WoW) that's objectively shit compared to GW2 in gameplay.

Please be good TESO... Pleaassseeeeee

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 pm

If the game is anything like Skyrim, it will be good.

I remember exploring that HUGE skyrim Dwemer underground city. VAST halls, empty of enemies....but filled with omenous sounds. It was damned scary. Now imagine doing that with a group, in full IC-mode.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Also, they're claiming that combat will resemble Skyrim more than the typical MMO. This'll either be incredibly good or feel really spammy.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Melnerag wrote:If the game is anything like Skyrim, it will be good.

I remember exploring that HUGE skyrim Dwemer underground city. VAST halls, empty of enemies....but filled with omenous sounds. It was damned scary. Now imagine doing that with a group, in full IC-mode.

I sooooo want it to be like Skyrim.. and Blackreach is one of my favorite zones, I hope we get to go there..

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

I hope all the zones are squares trololololol
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Lexgrad wrote:I hope all the zones are squares trololololol

I will not even buy the game if this is the case.. It bugs me so much.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 am

I wonder about the size of the place. If Skyrim subzone of Tamriel is as big as Skyrim in Skyrim...then wow.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 am

And here, we can see the wild Melnerag, in his early stages of planning Tamriel world domination
TESORP.COM - The Elder Scrolls Online Roleplaying community - Looking for help _39182941_attenborough1270
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down