Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 3

+35
Sonitus
Halya
Gesh
Dréfurion
Valerias
Morgeth
Sanara
Gilran
Flo
Ron Sexton
Feydor
Salketh
Lavian
bloop
Mikasa
Khendran
Raelan
Dharum
Kristeas Sunbinder
Nithel
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lini
Chase - Esou
Morinth
Muzjhath
Xen-tau
Lyniath
Drustai
Eowale
Eodain
Lexgrad
Quin
Nifty
Vaell
erwtenpeller
39 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Drustai Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Vaell wrote:That is true, but at the same time Shephard is a gruff character. It feels wrong playing a female.

Females can be gruff and hardass. In fact that's very much how I played my Shepard... primarily Renegade. I shot Wrex, afterall.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Drustai wrote:Don't care about canon. I'm not looking to play that story. I'm looking to play my story. The reason western RPGs are vastly superior to JRPGs is the fact that you have a choice.

That's what RPG's are for. To play your own story
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Drustai wrote:
Vaell wrote:That is true, but at the same time Shephard is a gruff character. It feels wrong playing a female.

Females can be gruff and hardass. In fact that's very much how I played my Shepard... primarily Renegade. I shot Wrex, afterall.

I'm not one for the whole be a female, but then again I'm male irl
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Drustai wrote: I shot Wrex, afterall.

You did what? How can you still play that file? D:

Oh and I also play a femshep despite being male IRL because she has a better voice actor... not to mention she looks way more badass than male Shepard when Renegade Very Happy
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet
Name: Eodain Ashdown
Title: Lieutenant of the 157th Company "Wild Tempest"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:45 pm

I have never RPed as anything but a bloke really. I should try I suppose for the crack.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Lexgrad wrote:I have never RPed as anything but a bloke really. I should try I suppose for the crack.
See I'm like that. I play male characters because you take some aspects from yourself or ideal characters you take inspiration from and develop them. I get why people play female in WoW - due to it being a world where unless you can fight, you're useless, so even women have to grow up strong. In Mass Effect it kind of just feels like our current world in a future not too far off. It just feels more realistic be a male Shephard and take on a masculine role as he is.

Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Plus I can easier understand the mind of a Draenei than a girl Razz
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Boobs. That is all.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Eowale wrote:Boobs. That is all.
Isn't it better to achieve boobs than to have them?

The hardest decision of any game was whether to sleep with that crazy-bitch in ME2 where you have to make the decision between; Get Shephard some poon and die, or turn it down and be uncool in the eyes of your male crewmates.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Vaell wrote:
Eowale wrote:Boobs. That is all.
Isn't it better to achieve boobs than to have them?

The hardest decision of any game was whether to sleep with that crazy-bitch in ME2 where you have to make the decision between; Get Shephard some poon and die, or turn it down and be uncool in the eyes of your male crewmates.

Got to go with the poon/cool option every time. Rembember, you only need one to be a man Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:01 pm

I somehow have trouble binding myself to a male character, I'm more comfortable playing a female. I don't really feel a need to find out why Razz
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Delidah wrote:I somehow have trouble binding myself to a male character, I'm more comfortable playing a female. I don't really feel a need to find out why Razz
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people rping a female. In fact, I welcome it otherwise we'd have 99 male characters to every female in RP.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Right now it is often the other way around, though, especially with both of the Elves and especially the draenei.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Vaell wrote:See I'm like that. I play male characters because you take some aspects from yourself or ideal characters you take inspiration from and develop them.

And I'm female, so why should I play a male character? Most of my 'ideal characters' that I'd take aspects from are female as well. My Shepard was very inspired by Admiral Cain from BSG, for example.

I get why people play female in WoW - due to it being a world where unless you can fight, you're useless, so even women have to grow up strong. In Mass Effect it kind of just feels like our current world in a future not too far off. It just feels more realistic be a male Shephard and take on a masculine role as he is.

Women can fight as well as men. It is not 'more realistic' for a man to be fighting than a woman. It might be in the real world, but only because society is still sexist and tries to keep women out of the fighting for a variety of BS reasons. In Mass Effect, however, that line of thought has been abolished.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm not getting into the dangerous territory of a sexist argument. I'm out!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:30 pm

My Shep had a picture of Kaidan Alenko on her desk throughout the whole of the 2nd game. I missed him too much, he was my battle tank. Sad I'd hide behind him and let him take the damage while I killed everything. Wouldn't have completed the harder difficulty without him. Ashley wasn't too good at it. Sentinel. <3 He was much better than Jacob.

Can't wait to play it, mine should arrive tomorrow. Smile
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Drustai wrote:but only because most modern militaries are still sexist and try to keep women out of the fighting for a variety of BS reasons

Just so you know, the US do allow women on the frontlines these days. They can apply for fighting positions. That men physically and biologically are "better fighters" is somethat is set in stone, as that is what the male does best. Heck, all of his senses are created for just that purpose really. Yes, women tend to do alot of other things better than men, but there is no denying that men were made for "battle".

That said, I do like it that you can play a woman in ME3 as this is a game where you can create your own character! =3 And my character never was a tough soldier... she was an infiltrator(something women are better at).

Last edited by Aishling on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 pm

My Shep was female cause I feel weird playing a guy if there's a female option. My first was an Infiltrator too. I have all the available classes on both games, a mixture of Renegade and Paragon.

I'll be resuming my Biotic I think...
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Interestingly there is no Female american football league in the UK, so the American football league we have is by law open to both genders.

There are not many girls, perhaps you can argue there are less of a percentage who can, but you get onto the squad you are a ball player. There is a TE who is a legend in the league and is faster and stronger than me. (tbh most ball players are, fortunately I have a Low cunning and brutal streak that gets me by Very Happy)

But other than that observation...

I'm not getting into the dangerous territory of a sexist argument. I'm out!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Meh, I'm torn on Mass Effect. First hour impression is that ME 3 is more of ME 2, which is good if you liked 2, I guess. Dialogue is cringeworthy at times, none of the choices you make actually ever matter, and every level of the game is extremely linear for an RPG. People who, like me, enjoyed Mass Effect at least originally (and may still do), don't you think too little has been improved since 2? I for one get Modern Warfare vibes...

Can't comment much on the gameplay after a few hours of playing other than saying it's pretty much the same. It seems harder to dart into cover now though, and wasn't there a minimap feature in Mass Effect 1 and/or 2? I find myself in need of one when my squadmates seem to run off on their own everytime there's a fight, even though I'm hammering C (which iirc is "cover me"?).

And the lame stuff like that whole Tali's face ordeal shocks me less and less when it comes from Bioware and EA. Ever since that attempt at robbing subscribers by closing down the unsubscribe part of the TOR website just before the free month was over I've lost any good faith I still had in both. Looking at how Bioware's Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises have turned out, I think most of us veteran RPG players have to turn to another dev for our RPG fix Razz
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Aishling wrote:
Drustai wrote:but only because most modern militaries are still sexist and try to keep women out of the fighting for a variety of BS reasons

Just so you know, the US do allow women on the frontlines these days. They can apply for fighting positions. That men physically and biologically are "better fighters" is somethat is set in stone, as that is what the male does best. Heck, all of his senses are created for just that purpose really. Yes, women tend to do alot of other things better than men, but there is no denying that men were made for "battle".

Just because they might be 'allowed' on the front lines does not mean they are allowed to be combatants. The policies continue to not permit it. They've reassigned female soldiers who got into actual live fire combat.

Unless there's been some major shift in policy (like the repealing of DADT) that I'm not aware of, the law is still specifically against it even if it's not always strictly followed.

Anyway, since this is getting off-topic, I'm stepping out. Can't afford ME3 for the foreseeable future, so blegh.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 pm

My first character in ME was a female with Angelina Jolie's lips x10. Yup.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:20 pm

It's quite something that our threads go off rails into pretty serious debate on major topics, instead of like the rest of the internet when they diverge into "NO UR GAY"
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:41 pm

FemShep is BestShep.
Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 2012-02-27-226
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 pm

That Rendition of Miranda is nothing short of EPIC.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next