Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Forlorn Cartel

+75
Heirio
Sam
Davnan
Ferrius
Tobias Redeye
NicholasBullard (Taph)
Robin Drake
Garrett
Greasly
Eldiros
Ledgic
Seymoore Butts
Axebane
Rend.
Ixirar
Táo
Kittrina
Sullee Swiftspeech
Bradley
Buren
Krogon Devilstep
Arabella Greene
Gilran
Coppersocket
Delinith
Thelos
Zalissa
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Nifty
Lorainne/Bridlington
siegmund
Amaryl
Aluvielle
Kettin
Iriel Silversong
Reynar / Raviran
Drustai
Hermie
Bloodlake
Salketh
Destiny
Yarnaat
Skarain
Morgaan
Rmuffn
Morinth
Lexgrad
Ishap/Virock
corleth
Greenbeard
Timna
Seranita
Demurral
kal thas
Archidor
teirzul
Jeanpierre
Feydor
Ara
Gesh
Gogol
Ralegh
Sanara
itsy
Quin
Gunnell
Raviran / Reynar
Valerias
Elízabéth Moren
Mike
Magaskawee/Anaei
Jomir
Jimble
Zinkle Figgins
79 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

[A] The Forlorn Cartel Empty [A] The Forlorn Cartel

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Overview
The Forlorn Cartel is a powerful criminal organization operating in the Eastern Kingdoms and Pandaria. The guild has two faces: a respectable, well-established trading company on one hand and a dangerous, Mafia-like syndicate on the other hand. The Forlorn Cartel's most common activities are robbing, smuggling, drug-dealing and racketeering, with its "lawful" members taking care of oversea trading, marine insurances and money-lending.

History

The Forlorn Cartel started as a small street gang hanging around the omonym Ironforge area, causing troubles and assaulting defenseless citizens. The Forlorn Cartel has been a torn in the flesh of the local mountaineers for a long, before being raided in their headquarter and kicked out of the city.

After some time hiding in the Deeprun Tram, stocking goods and training new associates, the Forlorn Cartel moved to Stormwind and started settling there, swiftly becoming a known and feared mob. Both its deeds and its notoriety attracted dozens of street urchins and petty-thieves, and with its ranks strengthened the Forlorn Cartel decided to settle in the Dwarven District, quickly turning it into an extremely dangerous neighbourhood. After some time spent there, because of the constant assaults and the several riots started in the area, the guards eventually organized a huge round up and managed to ravage the Forlorn Cartel's warehouses and hideouts, forcing them to leave the neighbourhood and hide in less-guarded areas.

So the Forlorn Cartel moved to the Stormwind Harbour and its surroundings, where it hid for a while; during that period the Forlorn Cartel turned into an extremely thuggish, aggressive and powerful mob, having switched from a street gang to a proper criminal organization, controlling now a big protection racket and having started a profitable drug trade, involving several shops and plenty of people.

Once strengthened and reorganized, the Forlorn Cartel came back to its old strongholds, the Dwarven District and the Deeprun Tram, and moved all its activities there, where it started new rackets and business. Now the neighbourhood is a safe heaven for forgers, gamblers, swindlers and thugs of any kind, drugs are sold at every street corner, smuggled goods are hidden in vacant houses and even guards themselves keep off the area.  

Membership

The guild is composed mainly by Gnomish, Dwarven and Human outlaws; Night Elves and Draeneis are not trusted, thus you won't find them in the Forlorn Cartel's ranks. Worgens are usually disliked, but they can be hired due to their strength and brutality. Pandarens are seen with suspicion as well, but needed for the Forlon Cartel's operations in Pandaria and for their skill in fighting and brewing. In order to become a member of the Forlorn Cartel one must prove himself and show complete dedication to the organization; if he gets the henchmen's approval he can become a full-time member of the organization and get a share of the spoils, depending on his ability and street cred.

Activities

The Forlorn Cartel controls the Dwarven District through an efficient protection racket and uses the area for its smuggling activities. It also has the monopoly over drug-trafficking in Stormwind and its surroundings, thanks to its many hidden laboratories scattered all across the Eastern Kingdoms. The Forlorn Cartel is notorious for its bold robberies and ruthless murders, making it a major threat within Stormwin's walls. The Forlorn Cartel is also secretly behind a wide range of legitimate activities with the aim of concealing the source of income obtained by illicit means (money laundering). For more information, read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The Grades

Kingpin (GM) - The Forlorn Cartel's leader, a respected and revered figure in the Underworld.
Henchman (Officer) - Seasoned fighters and hard-boiled criminals, the boss' advisers and right-hands.
Associate (Member) - A fully-accepted Forlorn Cartel member; it's up to him to earn respect and move up the ladder through his deeds.
Unproven (Rookie) - Rank given upon joining the guild, stucks until the member proves his worth and loyalty.
Inactive (Inactive) - A rank for inactive guild members.

If interested contact Renukai, Ranol, Tyréllius, Rihani, Ramiréz and Phillíp.

Last edited by Zinkle Figgins on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 14 times in total
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

[A] The Forlorn Cartel Empty Re: [A] The Forlorn Cartel

Post by Jimble Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Last edited by Lazarous on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Jimble
Jimble

Character sheet
Name: Jimble Quikfizzix
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:01 am

I think I only saw 3 dwarven thugs for 4 years. I wish to see more, however.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:05 am

I've made a small blog for the guild: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There you can find our guild events, articles about criminal roleplay or criminal lore (Syndicate, Defias Brotherhood etc.) and more.

Marrenus wrote:I think I only saw 3 dwarven thugs for 4 years. I wish to see more, however.
They were just waiting for the right time!
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Finally an enemy for the DRS! I welcome this guild with open arms and wish you good luck
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Rumor has it that a newly-formed street gang, the Forlorn Cartel, now roams the streets on Ironforge, making troubles and breaching of the peace; the Forlorn Cavern itself has become a thieves' den, where dealing and gambling take place undisturbed. It is said that this gang is hanging out at the Ironforge slums, looking for new members to strengthen their ranks: petty thieves, rugged thugs, arrogant outlaws and scum of every kind...

The Forlorn Cartel is recruiting! We're looking for people interested in criminal roleplay, who want to join our gang and take part in our shady businesses. For any further information, contact me (Zinkle) or my right-hand (Quikfizzix) in game.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon May 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Still recruiting, brawling and flirting with the wenches! Contact Quikfizzix, Archidor, Raviran or me if interested in joining the gang.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 pm

I saw you out and about i nStormwind today and I love the urban gang feel of it. I wish you all the best of luck!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Mon May 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Best of luck!

p.s. Stop harassing my Gnome with your horse stories! Wink
Mike
Mike

http://www.bruinsmamusic.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon May 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Good guild <Nod nod> And they keep wanting to use me for mugging practice. Sad
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue May 18, 2010 6:03 am

Elízabéth Moren wrote:Good guild <Nod nod> And they keep wanting to use me for mugging practice. Sad

It's the gold fever. If they harass you again, tell them you're a friend of mine.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri May 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Just wanted to say it's been nice to see you folk out and about! I've had robbery attempts on two of my characters and it's added nicely to the flavour of Stormwind.

I was thinking though -- it might be interesting if you guys kept to parts of the city that were supposed to be more 'shady,' since then it would help to reinforce the idea that there are parts of the city in which a person is more likely to be robbed. It would also decrease the likelihood that your attempts at crime are immediately foiled by guards, which is what happened when you tried to accost my poor priestess in Cathedral square! Wink
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Fri May 21, 2010 1:07 pm

We are working on that in Ironforge at the moment, We are trying to create a new "atmosphere" in the Forlorn cavern. Which would be lot easier if people would rp in IF a bit more : /
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri May 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Aniane wrote:Just wanted to say it's been nice to see you folk out and about! I've had robbery attempts on two of my characters and it's added nicely to the flavour of Stormwind.

I was thinking though -- it might be interesting if you guys kept to parts of the city that were supposed to be more 'shady,' since then it would help to reinforce the idea that there are parts of the city in which a person is more likely to be robbed. It would also decrease the likelihood that your attempts at crime are immediately foiled by guards, which is what happened when you tried to accost my poor priestess in Cathedral square! Wink

Sometimes we have to move to Stormwind due to DRS having a war campaign abroad (Wetlands, Loch Modan, now Ghostlands), but we're working on roleplaying more in Ironforge as they come back, involving more local guilds.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Damor/Zinkle wrote:

Sometimes we have to move to Stormwind due to DRS having a war campaign abroad (Wetlands, Loch Modan, now Ghostlands), but we're working on roleplaying more in Ironforge as they come back, involving more local guilds.

Great to hear. I wasn't complaining about your being in SW, though, just suggesting that Old Town or the docks, say, might be a better place to rob folk than the Cathedral area.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Fri May 21, 2010 1:39 pm

We do rob in Old town but it allways attracts many guards when we do that and docks well not many people hang there often and near cathedral are allways all the roleplayers and there's easy to escape. I would prefer we stayed only in dwarven district and canals. Or if possible in Ironforge morel.
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sat May 22, 2010 1:09 am

We do rob in Old town

I know. Sad
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:21 am

Opening post updated.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:23 am

Moving to Stormwind? I am disappoint. Last thing we need is more sheep cluttering that place even more.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 am

We moved to Stormwind ages ago, I just updated the opening post.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Moving to Stormwind? I am disappoint. Last thing we need is more sheep cluttering that place even more.

Alright stormwind is 4 noobs lol cathedral square NOOB RPS LOL. We get it give it a fucking rest
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Quin wrote:
Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Moving to Stormwind? I am disappoint. Last thing we need is more sheep cluttering that place even more.

Alright stormwind is 4 noobs lol cathedral square NOOB RPS LOL. We get it give it a fucking rest

Just an fyi you are the best poster on these forums
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Thumbs up for an -awesome- crime-guild. They have excellent OOC communication with the Shields and vise-versa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Why do people find not accepting Elves, Draeneis and DKs so strange? We're street thugs and petty-thieves, how are we supposed to trust someone we see so different from us? We're not heroes who travelled around Azeroth: the streets and the alleys are our little, toasty world, the cred and the trust what our organization is built on, is that so hard to accept Very Happy ?

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Thumbs up for an -awesome- crime-guild. They have excellent OOC communication with the Shields and vise-versa.
Remind me to give you your weekly payment Razz
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Zinkle Figgins wrote:Remind me to give you your weekly payment Razz

I want extra this week for telling off Anaei! >Sad

Back to top Go down