Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall of a keep alongside the Duskwood - Elwynn border

+21
Malathir
Geldar
Lephia
Valdar/Melan
Greenbeard
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Jomir
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Gogol
Lavian
Ledgic
Raelan
Jeanpierre
Gahalla
Kristeas Sunbinder
Aleric
Rmuffn
Braiden
Jemerick
Magaskawee/Anaei
James Longfield
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fall of a keep alongside the Duskwood - Elwynn border Empty Fall of a keep alongside the Duskwood - Elwynn border

Post by James Longfield Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 pm

The Damned have risen, the damned are coming. repeated the weary night watch patrolman, as he rehearsed his story over and over to various priests, paladins and commanders in the cathedral of light.

This was not foreseen or predicted. When the Inquisitor of the Chapter led a small group in viewing Duskwood, they were met with such force that fleeing was the only option. As they fled Raven Hill, Althalos Rowan the Scourgelord ordered the army to move directly into the keep, marching through the periphery of Westfall. Everything was brought to ruin and destruction in their wake. There numbers countless and increasing the more they killed.

Now holed up in this keep they are preparing something for the living world to see.

What will it be?

------------------------

On behalf of the Army of the Damned this post has been made.

If you would like to organize an event please contact an officer @ Lephia, Ondius, Barunita, Jemerick, Athrun or Lephia.

Army of the Damned would be very happy to accommodate a few sieges and even a battle in the castle.

We would also like you to embrace the feeling of the Scourge and allow your character to see what we like you to see in this "keep". It is the desire of the Damned to turn this into a lookalike of buildings located in Stratholme, burning, full of dead and so and so forth. Blight will be seen around the keep and the banners will be ripped.

We will only be here a few days to spread some chaos and fear - I hope we get to RP with some of you nice folk out there.

Thank you Very Happy!

Last edited by James Longfield on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
James Longfield
James Longfield

Back to top Go down

Fall of a keep alongside the Duskwood - Elwynn border Empty Re: Fall of a keep alongside the Duskwood - Elwynn border

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:30 pm

I think seeing the Scourge in what we now know them as 'secluded pockets' would be really interesting. Who would expect them? Everyone is Twilight This and Deathwing That! I thoroughly look forward to seeing you guys wreck some havoc.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Fall of a keep alongside the Duskwood - Elwynn border Empty Re: Fall of a keep alongside the Duskwood - Elwynn border

Post by James Longfield Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 pm

On advice from a fellow friend I have decided to state that we did not intend to be intrusive on anybody's RP or anybody's hub. If we have done something that you felt has been out for order, please post it here or contact an officer in-game. Thank you!
James Longfield
James Longfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Lephia is duplicating, or have a twin sister!

Anyway, i truely hope people would look at this as a starting chance for RP and contact us.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 pm

In westbrook garrison? Well that seems unlikely to be allowed by the Stormwind army Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Fleeing Chapterians? Heresy.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Sakura wrote:When the HIGH Inquisitor of the Chapter led a small group....

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:14 am

Braiden wrote:In westbrook garrison? Well that seems unlikely to be allowed by the Stormwind army Razz

Death Knights are like the Space Marines of WoW. One DK equals 1000 normal troops.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:42 am

Aleric wrote:
Braiden wrote:In westbrook garrison? Well that seems unlikely to be allowed by the Stormwind army Razz

Death Knights are like the Space Marines of WoW. One DK equals 1000 normal troops.

If the DK is a player and the normal troops are npc's >.> <.<
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:04 am

I am a bit ambivalent about hearing this.

While I want to applaud every event that people enjoy and am a supporter that one should react to what happens around you...

I have a problem with this for three reasons:

Elwynn is Stormwind's heartland and breadbasket; by taking westbrook you are now defacto asserting a major threat over several hundred thousand civilians and within striking distance of Stormwind itself. You're threatening the harvest, at least a dozen settlements, the entire reclamation of westfall mission and the city itself.
Naturally this means Elwynn will be very well protected. And which is the only military fortress in Elwynn? Westbrook.

Point two touches the last point. Since westbrook will be tasked of maintaining the garrison of western elwynn, and now also, the reclamation of westfall (until Sentinel hill is capable of supporting a garrison). This means it's the HQ of not only one, but two, guard units. That would be the military term guard and thus... elite soldiers.
You're facing at the minimum, the reserve of two thousand men.

Point three is... how do you get an army marched through westfall and into westbrook without anyone noticing? You have to cross two bridges, one manned, march through an area with a military unit in it and then take a military garrison. The bridges would have sent runners up ahead, the outriders would have spotted you (or their failure to report in noticed) and westbrook itself would light a beacon the moment you're spotted.
Westbrook is critical to the defense of Stormwind and a priority one defense.
Wrynn himself would lead an attempt to recapture it with the royal guard itself if nothing else presents itself.

I don't want to be a spoilsport. But I do wonder if this isn't a bit too much?
It's like claiming you captured Razor Hill, Brill, Kharanos or similar. Right now... you are more a direct threat to the Kingdom of Stormwind than Deathwing's gang and the Horde.
This isn't a subtle cult threatening with strange powers... it's an invasion force in the early stages of a siege of a capital city.

It's a bit tough to chew.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:17 am

Well... Aside from the validity as pointed above by Gahalla, what puzzles me a bit is the presented "done fact" of it. I'd imagine every military order would have heeded the call for defense if such an army would stand at our borders. Given no chance to react to it or battle to avoid this, pushes us in a situation that feels somewhat.. odd. We are "outplayed" without ever having played the game. If I would show up in the morning at a time where none of your order is online to defend it, could I consider Jean-Pierre as having succeeded in single-handedly reconquering it?
The provocative tone of this argument was merely to emphasize my point, not to promote an approach to this event!

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind some battle and something on this scale. It's been a while and I welcome the idea of something like this. How do we proceed with this, or interact with this event? Is there anything planned? What are the rules? What do we have to agree to?
Would it be viable for DoL to rally up all military able people and get a retalliation going? What would be the chance of success if we outnumber your army five to one? What events are required to fight back?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 am

Meanwhile DoL's alerted and getting their troops ready. I'd like some answers before tonight. ICly we would probably want this done before supper. There's veal on the menu.

More info please Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 am

...I still cant wrap my mind around the fact that noone is commenting on the fact that Scourge is -done-. Sorry, but you're an expansion late.

The already minor pockets of Undead that were once in Southern Kingdoms (Not even -Scourge-) and the subsequent fall of the Lich King (Arthas) and the Rise of the Lich King (Bolvar), only left very little Scourge around (Actually I cant name any Scourge south of the Plaguelands)

Even if you insist on going Scourge, one cannot build a large enough army, because the Scourge got the bulk of their forces through plague and then zerging. That or Valkyr/Frostmourne emptying crypts.
You lack either.

Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 am

I think this is an example of common sense clashing with "FUN NOW PLZ".

Unfortunately I agree with Gahalla, this all seems pretty unlikely. And Raelen makes a good point as well.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

I wouldn't consider Scourge done entirely. If it were, then it would have been a stupid move from Bolvar to put on that helm. He did it for a reason. But I would think they are kept at bay, mostly.
However, with the influence of the Lich King weakened, I wouldn't consider it a violation to have renegade undead, be it a remnant that didn't swear allegiance to Sylvanna. A vast army, on the other hand, hm. I'm less confident about that... but graves come in high supply and necromantic powers aren't limited to the Lich King or Valkyr's. I'm not sure I would consider that enough to invade an important military location of Stormwind, however.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am

Jeanpierre wrote:I wouldn't consider Scourge done entirely. If it were, then it would have been a stupid move from Bolvar to put on that helm. He did it for a reason. But I would think they are kept at bay, mostly.
However, with the influence of the Lich King weakened, I wouldn't consider it a violation to have renegade undead, be it a remnant that didn't swear allegiance to Sylvanna. A vast army, on the other hand, hm. I'm less confident about that... but graves come in high supply and necromantic powers aren't limited to the Lich King or Valkyr's. I'm not sure I would consider that enough to invade an important military location of Stormwind, however.

Think that is indeed the idea, renments at best. Valkyr's and other things mentioned were the best options availible to raising the dead, sure the necromancy will still be there and they'll be able to raise with it... But I dont see it possible to actually raising an army no. Especially on such a location.

Personally I could see them being wiped out before even reaching Elwynn. It wouldn't be unheard of for Acherus to be on sweeping patrols for any renments now.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:35 am

Does anyone remember when The Hand of Nightmares took control over Stormwind, and everyone was forced to take shelter in Theramore.
Waiting for Seiken to Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war.

That they managed to hold the city was strange too I suppose, but I think a majority of the community had pretty fun.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am

Lazarus wrote:Does anyone remember when The Hand of Nightmares took control over Stormwind, and everyone was forced to take shelter in Theramore.

That they managed to hold the city was strange too I suppose, but I think a majority of the community had pretty fun.

You are telling the truth so often <3
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am

*shrug* It was a planned event, wasn't it?

This, perhaps, would be my biggest concern. I'm on the verge of spamming people for an ad hoc army to bash them to Kingdom Come, but the info on this event is terse to say the least. Again, more info please.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:51 am

Necromantic powers sure. But the powers to raise an entire army and keep it in check/from falling apart eventually? No, no mere mortals can do that.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:53 am

Lazarus wrote:Does anyone remember when The Hand of Nightmares took control over Stormwind, and everyone was forced to take shelter in Theramore.

HoN didn't take it over by "invading" it. Get your facts straight.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Perhaps it would have been better to do a planned offensive towards Elwynn, clashing with the Stormwind defenders on the way. I mean surely Army of the damned is dangerously close to Stormwind already considering the presence in Duskwood. As summed up by the others in this thread it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that the scourge in it's weakened state could just waltz into Elwynn and set up shop at what would be a very well guarded fortress with thick stone walls and the bulk of Stormwinds defending forces inside.

I like most forms of initiative but perhaps it would have been better to discuss ideas like this one with some other guilds/people (especially militairy guilds and guilds with a power-base in Elwynn) before going on with it.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Raelan/Relithien wrote:Necromantic powers sure. But the powers to raise an entire army and keep it in check/from falling apart eventually? No, no mere mortals can do that.

"Eventually" is delicate word here. If the army would only remain standing for 5 days, it could still serve their purpose. But I don't think this discussion is.. well.. all that relevant. We all play commoners with the power of gods in a world where, despite our powers, we can't change a thing. A lot of things in this game and world are a stretch.

And even so... If we doubt their numbers and army... then what is holding us back from taking that IC? We band together tonight and drive them out... This immediate attack and defense of the army we speak off.... What's holding us back from us RP'ing that force? Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Raelan/Relithien wrote:

HoN didn't take it over by "invading" it. Get your facts straight.

Not that I ever claimed HoN took over by "invading". There was some magical Orb, something, too long cant remember the details.
Hardly my point though, just saying the community at large enjoyed it back then.

There is similarities between then and now.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:19 pm

A handful of Death Knight acolytes took over New Avalon pretty easily, imagine what a group of fully trained ones could do..

But I agree, someone should have told the defending party about it, its just how you do things in RP.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next