Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Addons, Tips and Trix ~ Channels

+19
Tírius
Vivienne Apperley
Etular
Nayan
Meralynn / Ashla
Yaku
Dharum
Guldujenu
Kozgugore Feraleye
(Goggy) - Exilius
Ataris
Kil'drakor
Darlick/Kilock/Juniera
Muzjhath
Gunnell
Zhakiri
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Sanara
Cathee Norris
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Addons, Tips and Trix ~ Channels - Page 2 Empty Re: Addons, Tips and Trix ~ Channels

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:11 pm

I can't enough stress the fact that some people still have no idea how RP addons like ImmersionRp, MyRolePlay or FlagRSP are supposed to be used.
Every day I see people with descriptions that are:

TOO LONG - If you have to spend several minutes reading what someone looks like it disrupts the fluid of the RP. It is also annoying to find out that the person you were looking at had lots of time to run away while you read the description. Keep it short, less than 30 seconds to read!

TOO DETAILED - is it really more interesting for me to RP with you because your amulet has this or that many rubies? Or because your hair is of exactly this and that length and color?

STORIES - I do not know what colour your hair USED to be just by looking at you! I can't tell if you got that scar from an axe or a sword! How am I supposed to see on your armor that you are allergic to dust? Really, get real!
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Addons, Tips and Trix ~ Channels - Page 2 Empty Re: Addons, Tips and Trix ~ Channels

Post by Nayan Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Female Troll steps up inside with a -shout-

\o/

Welcome aboard the forums Wink
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Nayan wrote:Female Troll steps up inside with a -shout-

\o/

Welcome aboard the forums Wink

Thank you, it was nice that I came here. ;P
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Wait, one more thing about RP addons:

DO NOT TELL ME WHAT MY CHARACTER FEELS OR THINKS! NEVER!
I'm here to roleplay, not being fucking directed.

Makes me so angry. Very Happy
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:53 pm

I don't mind half-long descriptions. Some appearances require it.
There is nothing saying it can't be lengthy.
Besides, I only read those I RP with, since they wont run away, and are the topic!

Then again, FAR TOO long and detailed exist, and that's rather lame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:28 pm

/join RPAlliance

Official Alliance RP Channel.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Brilliant new RP Addons Incoming!

Total RP - Sadly, only in French at the moment. It;'s similar to a combined FlagRSP, Verisimilar, GHI and has even more features found in no other addon. Sounds interesting but, like I said, only in French for this current time.

Living NPC - As far as I am aware, it gives each NPC their own unique catchphrase and/or personal quest to learn more, lorewise, about each named character. I could be wrong, ofcourse, but that is how I interpreted the rather vague addon description. Sadly, only in German.

NPC Dialogs - Now this sounds good! It may be slightly buggy, but it's a new English addon that allows you to more or less add NPC Dialog into your RP Events. However, only the appointed storyteller of the event can do so, are there is yet no way to leave an event after it has finished... Not to mention, quite obviously, only for those with the addon.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 pm

A new channel has been created on Horde side for all RPers to come to and share events, random RP or any related talks. The name's HordeRP, and I'd like to encourage every RPer with or without a guild to come join us to try and form some unity within the Horde RP community again!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivienne Apperley Wed May 19, 2010 8:11 am

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:A new channel has been created on Horde side for all RPers to come to and share events, random RP or any related talks. The name's HordeRP, and I'd like to encourage every RPer with or without a guild to come join us to try and form some unity within the Horde RP community again!

I shall be there!!!!
Vivienne Apperley
Vivienne Apperley

Character sheet
Name: Vivienne Apperley
Title: Barmaid of the Mangy Mastiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tírius Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:50 am

/join SWCriminals
- It's an OOC Channel for Stormwind Criminals. It's a good way to find RP, whether you're part of a guild or not. At the moment, my guild - Ravenholdt Sanctuary and the Forlorn Cartel are using it, a long with Davareon's guild the Dezokkian Vanguard and a new guild The Tanglewood Brigade.
Tírius
Tírius

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:08 am

/join GnomeRP
An OOC channel for gnome RPers: future events, lore discussions and lots of spam.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gharb Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:A new channel has been created on Horde side for all RPers to come to and share events, random RP or any related talks. The name's HordeRP, and I'd like to encourage every RPer with or without a guild to come join us to try and form some unity within the Horde RP community again!
What's the difference with RPHorde?
Gharb
Gharb

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://gharb-rogue.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 am

For fights in RP, combat and such, I personally do not like emotefights and try to use a mix of it, duelling with some emotes. I've recently found an addon which makes this alot easier for me, and I think can spice up some training sessions and whatever involves duelling or PvP combats.

Battlecry is an addon which allows you to attach emotes to predeterimned actions within the game, and allows you to chose the frequency which they will be broadcasted. Such as 50% of the time you get a critical you will have your chosen emote go off. Everytime you dodge your predetermined emote goes off, and better yet you can have it select from a few emotes you type in. Like on a dodge it might "/e dodges her opponent with ease but nearly trips over her own feet." of "/e is barely able to evade the attack of %t and is breathing heavily from the effort." or "/e is able to avoid being hit by the sheel luck of bending down to pick up her weapon which she had just dropped." Or any other random emotes you add.

Link to the addon: http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=2642

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:05 am

ay i got total rp in english very easy to use as well
i use i think its called lore just lore to add my ic stutter it is much similer to the toungs one mentiond
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Join LFDK is for death knights!
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2