Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Middle-East & North African Discussion

+51
Sanara
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lyniath
Eowale
Gustov
Iralan
itsy
Dréfurion
John Helsythe Amaltheria
The Misty Beast
Nayan
Feydor
Sinnadrin
Tollir
Vragnor
Sevelle
Amaryl
Máire
Lini
Cyaska
Teebo
Darilas
Ixirar
Mandui
Gunnell
Krogon Devilstep
Seranita
Gogol
Geneviève
Gahalla
Saevir
Ephitos
Jayse
Guldujenu
Grufftoof
Nathiniós
Zinkle Figgins
Jeanpierre
Muzjhath
Jomir
Ralegh
Geldar
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Chase - Esou
Shaelyssa
Melnerag
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kil'drakor
Nithel
Antistia
Rasonal Dranger
55 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Middle-East & North African Discussion Empty Middle-East & North African Discussion

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:22 pm

You will understand.
Tunisia- Jan 14
Egypt- Jan 25
Sudan- Jan 30
Syria- Feb 5
Algeria- Feb 12
Yemen- Feb 3

Though I think you are in none of those. Free world!
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Middle-East & North African Discussion Empty Re: Middle-East & North African Discussion

Post by Antistia Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Freeeedom!
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Middle-East & North African Discussion Empty Re: Middle-East & North African Discussion

Post by Nithel Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Isn't shael our persian knight from kuwait?

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 pm

???

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:04 pm

Gnash wrote:???
Profit
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Gnash wrote:???
Profit

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:08 am

Antistia wrote:Freeeedom!

You are the only one that understood *shakes head*. Wonder where is he..
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:21 am

Yes because nobody watches the news and is oblivious to what you meant please explain us rasonal Sad

Euh.. I mean.. VIVE LA REVOLUTION!

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:35 am

Nithel wrote:Yes because nobody watches the news and is oblivious to what you meant please explain us rasonal Sad

As long as there are no gains by Islamists I'm all in favor of the revolutions. It's good to see these things though, I'm just wondering if the results will be good, usually they aren't.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:03 am

Antistia wrote:
Nithel wrote:Yes because nobody watches the news and is oblivious to what you meant please explain us rasonal Sad

As long as there are no gains by Islamists I'm all in favor of the revolutions. It's good to see these things though, I'm just wondering if the results will be good, usually they aren't.

I wonder the same. History tends to repeat itself, therefore I fear the results.. but I have hope
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:45 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110130/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_egypt_protest;_ylt=AhnEsTJbx29wZT.oAHkGbA2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNnZGhmN2xpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMTMwL21sX2VneXB0X3Byb3Rlc3QEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMyBHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNhcm1lZGdhbmdzZnI-

"CAIRO – Gangs of armed men attacked at least four jails across Egypt before dawn Sunday, helping to free hundreds of Muslim militants and thousands of other inmates as police vanished from the streets of Cairo and other cities."

>.>
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:55 pm

It is one of those moments when I am reminded that history is not something confined to the books, and is actually written every second all around us.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Nithel wrote:Isn't shael our persian knight from kuwait?

Haha yes this. My family is originally Iranian (we moved to Kuwait 200 or so years ago? my parents and all my relatives all speak Farsi still though, only my generation now doesnt :(!!!!).

But anyways, I am SO proud to call myself arabic and I am even more proud of my "brothers and sisters" in the arab world. I think it's so good that they are finally standing up, but I am so afraid that it will be the Islamists who will take over. This seems atm very likely to happen in Egypt, and I really do not want to see another 1974 Iran happening ... But what I do want to see happening is the Libyans to also join the list!!! Those poors guys desparately need to change that idiot who's in charge.

But ya, Kuwait isn't going to have a revolution any time soon :p. Unlike Egypt and Jordan (they've begun protesting too now as of a few days ago iirc?) and all the other countries, Kuwaitis are VERY VERY rich. There are only about 900,000 or so of us, but we are I think the fifth richest country in the world. We have no taxes, gas (as in what you fuel cars with) is cheaper than water, and on certain occasions the government just throws free money at us (like for example, because of the country's 50th Liberation day, 20th year anniversary from the Gulf War and the 5th year anniversary of our new amir or something, each Kuwaiti citizen is getting 2500 euros for free as well as like free food rations for an entire year). Although in all honesty, the amir is only giving us this money as a sort of propaganda so that he can cover up all the stupid laws he's made ... But I wont go into that too much, cause speaking out against the government here gets you accused of treason and put into jail...

But ya, we won't be joining the list because we are all rich, and 70% of the KUWAITI population (Kuwaitis only make up 30% of the country's total population), are benefitting from the government corruption and all the stupid laws (one of them being that it is illegal for people to group up together to talk about politics ... people were actually arrested for this just a month ago - new law).

But anyways, Im so so so SO sorry!!! I usually dont like talking about politics on this forum, and I know it's like forbidden or whatever but I couldnt help myself. :P I actually find politics very boring (at least Western politics anyways, Im more interested in Kuwaiti politics ofc) but it's very very important to discuss them and know about them since they affect us so much and discussing them will help broaden your scope of ... opinion or whatever.

Anyways I will shut up now, sorry for the very long post :p
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:35 pm

I would just like to add that Im sure you all realise that just changing the person in charge wont fix all the country's problems. The actually government in half of the arab countries are so corrupt it makes me feel ashamed to call myself arabic (although technically I am genetically Persian wooh - not like things are any better in Iran though but oh well ... Sad haha ...)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 pm

FUCK YOU GOOGLE CHROME FOR MAKING IT NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO LINK AN IMAGE.

http://pokato.net/776,If-you-dont-come-to-democracy---democracy-will-come-to-you <---click
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:56 pm

You've made me want to live in Kuwait. ;x
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Coming to Kuwait also entails 50 C and 90%+ humidity summers, having less social liberties than a dog does in Yugoslavia as well as being surronded by disgusting bedouins who creep on you all the time ....

Still want to come? Razz ...
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Right click image and open in new tab!

Middle-East & North African Discussion 2010-110

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Perturbo wrote:Right click image and open in new tab!

Thank you!

And Yugoslavia has actually been defunct since the 90s when they got into a civil war.. AND WERE BOMBED BY NATO.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:46 pm

I liked the part where you mention the NATO bombing :p
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Bennedict wrote:I liked the part where you mention the NATO bombing :p

Very Happy

I emphasize it a lot in conversations. Especially because conversations I have about Yugoslavia are usually wit a friend of mine who's the son of Serbian immigrants xD

On a note more related to this topic:

I do hope that these protests keep momentum so that (secular) democracy can take root across the Middle East. The chance is small especially with regimes such as Saudi Arabia but if anyone have the ability to create democracy in the Middle East then it are the people of the Middle East. Egypt is going to be essential, if Mubarak falls then there will be a huge boost to momentum, if he doesn't I think it won't spread any further.

As for Libya, Gaddafi needs to go, along with his Ukrainian nurse and the rest of his regime. Ladies and gentlemen, we're watching history as it is made, enjoy the show and hope for the best.

Last edited by Antistia on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Middle-East & North African Discussion Summary_image
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Bennedict wrote:Middle-East & North African Discussion Summary_image

Until 2000, hell yeah!
After 2000, 'Do I know you lads? I never signed this paper.'

Anyhow, yep.
Thanks for replying sheal!
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Antistia wrote:

Thank you!

And Yugoslavia has actually been defunct since the 90s when they got into a civil war.. AND WERE BOMBED BY NATO.

Here is the correct image gents:
Spoiler:
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Rasonal Dranger wrote:

Until 2000, hell yeah!
After 2000, 'Do I know you lads? I never signed this paper.'

Anyhow, yep.
Thanks for replying sheal!

Hey, hey, hey, Article 5 of NATO was invoked for the first time after 2001. We overthrew Afghanistan and large parts of NATO have been there ever since.... Those who left are just screwing over Article 5 and aren't deserving of long-time commitments to their defense. We're in it together, and we're in it to win it!

Geldar wrote:
Antistia wrote:

Thank you!

Here is the correct image gents:
Spoiler:

Both of them, especially the latter one, are actually quite.. exaggerating of the reasons why America goes to war. It's hardly ever with the intention to overthrow a dictator. Usually it is in retaliation, stability or the protection of an allied (democratic) nation.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next