Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of Light - Setting it up.

+17
Amaryl
Uatan/Puaar
Osmand
Rhygel
Ephitos
Gahalla
Krogon Devilstep
Gunnell
Arathoran
Jeanpierre
Seranita
Whiston Farley
Geneviève
Magaskawee/Anaei
Zhakiri
Melnerag
Fortesgue
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:18 pm

To Honorable Minister of Faith, Bishop Fortesgue,

Your eminence, it is with great honor that I send this collection of four books. I must, in honesty, admit I can not remain impartial at the joy of presenting the result of months of research in the methods and techniques used by clerics of the Light in times gone by. The research yields four topics, or aspects of a priest's training and presents them in the format of four rituals. Some of these methods are still echoed by modern techniques trained to priests, but I deemed it interesting to reflect on our history.
It is my dearest wish you find the books an interesting resource, and perhaps we might reinstate some of these methods. However, I'm aware some of these books may describe rituals that do not adhere to modern ethics. In particular the training rituals of pain might be subject to controversy. Because of this, I sincerely hope that they recieve regulation and through regulation may be made known or public once more.

Sincerely yours.
Sir Jean-Pierre d'Armagnac,
Your Apprentice

Books:
Silent Resolution
Rituals of pain and Pain suppression
Tests of Faith
Confession, Penance and Absolution
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Osmand Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Jeanpierre wrote:
To Honorable Minister of Faith, Bishop Fortesgue,

Your eminence, it is with great honor that I send this collection of four books. I must, in honesty, admit I can not remain impartial at the joy of presenting the result of months of research in the methods and techniques used by clerics of the Light in times gone by. The research yields four topics, or aspects of a priest's training and presents them in the format of four rituals. Some of these methods are still echoed by modern techniques trained to priests, but I deemed it interesting to reflect on our history.
It is my dearest wish you find the books an interesting resource, and perhaps we might reinstate some of these methods. However, I'm aware some of these books may describe rituals that do not adhere to modern ethics. In particular the training rituals of pain might be subject to controversy. Because of this, I sincerely hope that they recieve regulation and through regulation may be made known or public once more.

Sincerely yours.
Sir Jean-Pierre d'Armagnac,
Your Apprentice

Books:
Silent Resolution
Rituals of pain and Pain suppression
Tests of Faith
Confession, Penance and Absolution

Been waiting for JP's rituals of pain for some time -rubs hands together-
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 pm

You killed the thread, Osmand. Nobody dares reply now Sad
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 pm

topic death or not, this is still on for next tuesday at 20:00 in the Temple in Ironforge.

Looking forward to seeing you all there, and looking forward to the ranking structure if anything.
Following Amaryls post on the other forum section about apprentices and masters, perhaps we should discuss and organise something of the same sort for if people would be interested in joining the ladder so to speak?
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:02 pm

There, we concluded the meeting.

It took us 2 hours to come to the consensus that we wish for a basic structure to find out who is experienced ebough to teach the Light.

So we need suggestions on such structures and suggestions on where to hold the next meeting.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

JP holds interrogations with people, and then he decides if they are worthy or not.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Pah! Chapter should hold the interrogations, not that robe-fiddler.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Ok, next meeting is next week Tuesday behind the Stormwind Cathedral in that lovely area.

Any ideas on topics to discuss?
Anyone want to begin a discussion about the ranking structure discussed last time?
any one signing up for rep spot?
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, the rituals weren't discussed yet, so I would like to keep those on the agenda if time permits it.
I attempted to aid the rank discussion with this:
https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/t2832-letter-to-all-members-of-the-community-of-the-light
As a form of preparation.

Other matters.. I dunno. Not on my account, but it seems there's always something to discuss with these Lighties Wink
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm going to make sure that I am there Fort as the Orin; Ofcourse my bias theology will be president in my work.
Hopefully it will go well with whatever topic gets brought up!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 pm

I have a suggestion for the Light community. And that is for elected chairmanship. That every chairman sits for a two month basis.

In the beginning of the two months, volounteers step up for nomination. The nominees are then voted on by the representatives and the one with most votes serves as chairman for two months or 4-5 meetings. 3-4 meetings and then hosts the next vote.

This allows for the current chairman (Fort) to also serve as a representative. As a perk, perhaps the choice of the meetings topic could be chosen by the chairman?

What do you all think?
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Gahalla wrote:I have a suggestion for the Light community. And that is for elected chairmanship. That every chairman sits for a two month basis.

In the beginning of the two months, volounteers step up for nomination. The nominees are then voted on by the representatives and the one with most votes serves as chairman for two months or 4-5 meetings. 3-4 meetings and then hosts the next vote.

This allows for the current chairman (Fort) to also serve as a representative. As a perk, perhaps the choice of the meetings topic could be chosen by the chairman?

What do you all think?

I think this is a good idea. The chairman could be the intermediate (figures ofc) , guarding the flow of the meetings and making sure discussions will not escalate and such, making sure a neutral and open environment is guaranteed.
Perhaps a small guide with suggested guidelines could be made for a Chairman, and a pin ( if people have ghi ofc) pointing the chairman out.
Overall, good idea I’d say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Isabis D'nuoh wrote:
Perhaps a small guide with suggested guidelines could be made for a Chairman, and a pin ( if people have ghi ofc) pointing the chairman out.

I think the chairman should be forced to wear a funny hat, or the voodoo mask.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 pm

forts had matched that description tonight bennedict Razz

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Amaryl wrote:forts had matched that description tonight bennedict Razz
LOL Very Happy

It's funny because it's true.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 am

Bennedict wrote:
Isabis D'nuoh wrote:

I think the chairman should be forced to wear a funny hat, or the voodoo mask.

I think the blue miter he was wearing will do Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Due to new developments rp-wise Isabis will no longer come to the meetings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4