Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of Light - Setting it up.

+17
Amaryl
Uatan/Puaar
Osmand
Rhygel
Ephitos
Gahalla
Krogon Devilstep
Gunnell
Arathoran
Jeanpierre
Seranita
Whiston Farley
Geneviève
Magaskawee/Anaei
Zhakiri
Melnerag
Fortesgue
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. Empty Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Fortesgue Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Discussing in a channel recently an idea was spun around to make a Light community group, as it were, which would in many ways be similar to the Earthern Ring for shamans, but for Priests instead.

Aims:
- To join up all of the races of Light across the world into one community, that can be reffered to IC.
- An excuse for us to have meetings and gatherings in the holy places available all over the world, not just SW.
- to be a non guild based project, it will be focused on race not order, and will be down to individuals on the whole.
- An excuse to RP, and bring recognition to all the variants of the Light faith all over the world.
- a forum IC for the different cultures and their views on the Light to clash, discuss and argue over.
- A place where people from outside the Faith can easily ask questions to members of the faith.

The General idea.
As said in one of the points above, this will be done on a racial level (Actually on a kingdom level, for humans especially in terms of Gilneas), So all Drae would be together, all Dwarves. etc.
We will have a meeting every so often, (not necessarily at regular intervals, just when someone sets one up) and depending on which holy place we pick (e.g Gilneas Cathedral, Exodar, Sw Cathedral, Dwarven Temple) that will decide who will be chairperson of the meeting, So for example in Ironforge there would always be a Dwarven chairperson, unless no Dwarf turns up, and then it will be decided on the evening.
Because this will be done on an individual level (within race) any follower of Light from any race can go and represent//watch during the meeting, but each race will pick a speaker (one person) who will put across any issues or questions//opinions from there race.

For example:
In a meeting 15 humans turn up, out of those 15 humans one will be the elected speaker (unless in SW, where they will be an elected speaker and chairperson.) It is that persons job to make sure all of the issues from his race are dealt with, so it is both a voluntary position and one that carries some weight.
If all works well, im hoping that this ends up being different people each meeting, giving as many opportunities to give as many different people to get involved, have a little authority for a time, and have some fun.

Your probably wondering how we sort out who the speakers will be (and chairperson).
The Chairperson will always be advertised for ahead of time, and we will sort that out on the forums.
The Speakers will be decided amongst each race on the day IC by those of each race attending, if a decision cant be reached the available and willing people wishing to speak seek out the chairperson, and he then picks one at random.

Job details:
Chairperson: The role of the chairperson is to keep order, keep the meeting in a smooth fashion and kick out anyone causing trouble (chapterians Very Happy) if the need arises. I decided on a whim that the races place we are visiting should be chairperson, but after thinking about it, it makes sense, they can easily call the guards if anything actually kicked off, not that i think it will at any time.
Speaker: As said before, the speakers job is to bring forth issues of anyone of their race (or who they represent) on to the floor at the required time e.g. responses to an issue, a call to vote, a voice of concern..

I must reiterate however, i do not wish to make a power body of any sort with this, this meeting will not make any decisions except those of the Faith (where needed).
The single solid aim is -to give the Faith of the Light an easily identifiable image, that anyone who wants to make their character believe in the Light IC can join in for opportunities into the Faiths RP world and to expand on the faith and all of the rich lore behind it-

Races and places for meetings:
Dwarves - Ironforge without a doubt, nice and easy
Stormwind Humans - Stormwind Cathedral or Northshire abbey (can swap them for entertainment purposes really)
Worgen - Gilneas Cathedral
Draenei - Exodar or Shattrath
Gnomes - This would be an interesting one to see if we get any Gnome members, and if we do, we can sort out a location for them later on (probably new tinker town, hey its awesome, might aswell make some use of it!)

Night elves dont believe in the Light (in general) if there were some who did wed have to cross that bridge when we came to it.

What i need from you lot!

Ive probably missed something, if i have, comment below.
Ideas.
Will this work? is it too complicated? any simpler solutions?
Anyone of any race who is willing to take part and would be interested in doing events like this on a regular basis?

Thank you very much.
Fortesgue

Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:11 pm

As said on the channel, the Chapter approves!

A great project and a chance to get solid, religious RP for those who want it. However the Racial Representation can turn ugly for humans who have at least 4 sub-faiths....or are fanatics a race in their own right? Very Happy
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Zhakiri Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm sure that supports this initative! Our Reverend Mother (Anaei), would be happy to take part, I'm sure.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Just priests? What about Paladins?

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:01 pm

As said above, the Worgen will take a keen interest in the dealings of the Light. (Well the Era's anyway.)
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Paladins are also included, i might add.

In a priestly fashion Very Happy

Because lets face it, Paladins are priests (in human terms) who have adapted to the field of battle and war.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

I don't have to wear a dress to go to these right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Looks great.

I'd love to take part in this.

Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:08 am

Would a more Polytheistic approach to religion be welcomed into this?
http://forums.threehammers.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1639

Lot's of religious Fan Lore there that could be discussed ICly on a visit to Ironforge.
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:32 am

Indeed seems like it could be fun (pending further thought)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:42 pm

To the Dwarf - Im really focusing on the Light aspects of the faith for this sort of project, and would welcome any Light believing Dwarves into the idea no problem at all. The Titan worship and disciple method however alone i dont think id add in, unless its merely a racial adaptation of the Light, which i dont actually think it is, but a different faith altogether.

Although, correct me if im wrong.

Also, I need to know what group you are from and race you are representing.
Will make a list of whoever replies so i need to know!
Reply with : Race of your character or which race you will represent.

I need some from all, and as far as i can see we might have Dwarfs, Sw Humans and Gilnean Humans. So need more Gnomes (if any are applicable) and definetly Draenei. So start signing up!

Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I agree with you Fortesgue. There's not really room for Polytheism in the Light...Considering, it's not even a theistical religion in itself anyhow. More a pure Philosophy than a Theology.

Not sure what Anaei's Worgen will be called, but she's the Head of the Era's Religious folk therefore, our main representative ...Nevertheless, I intend my character to be highly religious, even as a Rogue, and hopefully in some way contribute/ represent Gilneas in this concept. So I'll throw myself into the mix.

I'll be (somewhat) representing Gilneas, thus, .
Race- Gilnean Worgen.
Name- Selby Waterstone.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Race - Worgen
Name - Reverened Mother Marilissia Casilia
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Name - Perturbo
Race - Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 am

Nygarth wrote:I agree with you Fortesgue. There's not really room for Polytheism in the Light...Considering, it's not even a theistical religion in itself anyhow. More a pure Philosophy than a Theology.

It's not a Polytheistic approach to the Light. As I said, it's a Polytheistic Religion. Let's consider it a mix of Holy Light and The Mystery of the Makers .
Something like: a Dwarven Priest believes he was created by the Titans with the mission of watching over their companions. The faith in the Titans, and the belief that he was created with that propose compels him to do good actions, making himself a better being. Henceforth receiving the Light that he believes to be a "tool" crafted by the Makers to help him taking care of the less fortunate.
Dwarven masses also rely a lot on sharing knowledge about their history.

I don't think this is a new religion all together. Just a more Dwarven approach to the Holy Light.
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

I like the idea of this community. I'm definitely interested in seeing the progress of this.

Name - Jean-Pierre d'Armagnac
Race - Human
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Lordaeron will mark this aswell.

Name - Arathoran Dawnbringer
Race - Human
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:35 am

Well, I don't know if I'll be able to attend the events due to my irregular schedule. Even so:

Name: Kluri Stouthammer
Race: Dwarf
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Ok, definetly going to be bringing this up again.

The first meeting will be held in Stormwind Cathedral (to bring some actual RP there for one, and its an easy location to get to)
Ill decide on a time and date later today, but it will definetly be on a tuesday at some point, and -might- clash with SW Council.

but ill let you all know in a little while.

Ok, Still need some Draenei Representation, and if there are any Light-Gnomes, then those aswell.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Well, I guess I could fish out my Gnome Priest alt then.

Name: Blanwyer
Race: Gnome

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:25 pm

afternoon fort. i had a sdmall brainwave regardinbg my undead character when i read this thread.

i was wondering, would you like a sort of... shadow ... square... circle... council... thing (kek) to be thine arch nemesis?

could make for some nice RP.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:19 pm

A question. Could this circle hand out official titles (acolyte, priest, bishop) and offer a progression path for Priests?

We aren't lacking priests in roleplay, but there is somewhat a lack of structure regarding the evolution of one. I don't think I've seen one guild that offers a straight up promotion path for it that is entirely priest centric with the rituals and training that comes with it. So when does, say a trainee, name himself Priest?

I doubt it makes sense to start a priest only guild. With priests being so widely accepted in basically every guild, the 'clerical community' is wide spread and splintered. However, perhaps a non guild based order could be accommodated under this structure?

That won't prevent from new priests to declare themselves as established priests but I have one or two students here and there... And I'd like to offer them a more structured progression in the 'clerical order'.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:23 pm

I think thats an awesome idea, and it is definetly something worth developing.

How many ranks do we know exist in the Church of Light? (and this would be SW version, though it could be adapted within the circle for all races)
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:17 am

Fortesgue wrote:I think thats an awesome idea, and it is definetly something worth developing.

How many ranks do we know exist in the Church of Light? (and this would be SW version, though it could be adapted within the circle for all races)

If I may suggest?

The first rank could should be those who have taken no vows, novice perhaps. Still in training and have not yet truly decided wether to join the life spiritual.

The second rank is acolytes of respect, tenacity and compassion respectively. Each of them representing having taken a vow and succeeded the test for the virtues (always in order). Their life is one of service and are still considered to be in training, they are however frequently asked to keep an eye on the novices.

The third rank would be priest, representing those that have completed their training and been given a duty. They may also have duty-based titles such as chaplain, brother/sister (monks), confessor and so on. Indicating not only their rank but also what their duties are.

Fourth would be bishops or high priests, high confessors, high chaplain, abbots. Representing a role of leadership in the church.

Fifth is the archbishop. The unreachable rank.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Sounds good to me tbh. Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next