Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of Light - Setting it up.

+17
Amaryl
Uatan/Puaar
Osmand
Rhygel
Ephitos
Gahalla
Krogon Devilstep
Gunnell
Arathoran
Jeanpierre
Seranita
Whiston Farley
Geneviève
Magaskawee/Anaei
Zhakiri
Melnerag
Fortesgue
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. - Page 3 Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Isabis cannot come, she's held captive.

Back to top Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. - Page 3 Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Fortesgue Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Another great meeting in a fantastic location too, must remember to use it again.

Thank you to all those who were reps this week, you were great.

Ill be making the next meeting time shortly, so sort out who will rep and such and any issues you need to bring forth, do so. The location will be the temple in Ironforge, as we got IC permission last meeting.

Also all and any suggestions are welcome and if you would like to get involved in anyway let me know.

Send me a mail or whisper me ingame for a calendar invite.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:49 pm

I would like to bring back those clerical ranks to the topic for the sake of having a path of progression and some fun with structure... We have had some great ideas and names on the ranks. I think they are adequate for this purpose so I'll just take those of Gahalla.

- Novice
- Acolyte
- Priest
* High Priest
- Bishop
- Archbishop

I stuffed the High Priest in there and separated it from the original suggestion. I recall seeing only 1 dude with the name Bishop around, but I've seen several people with the name High Priest(ess).

I would like to stress on the idea to keep these ranks "rule free". I've seen too many military orders (DoL included) dish out rules on titles where I feel that's "none of another's god damned business". If someone rolls a 40 year old High Priestess and plays it well within the Lore, then that's just fine Smile

To give the Light community and these ranks more body, we could offer rituals "of acknowledgement" and "progression". Since the "Church of the Light" lacked true governance, there probably are tons of clerics with all sorts of titles that weren't necessarily handed out by the Stormwind Cathedral.

Such rites could then offer a path of progression or give an acknowledgement for those characters who wish to confirm their titles within this Light community.
As for tests and rites themselves... I'm bursting with ideas and I'd like to flood everyone's mailbox with them. Before doing so, I'd like to get an agreement on this approach to the ranks first.

Independent of the ranks we could add additional paths and professions within the clerical disciplines, as Gahalla suggested but I think those can be separated from the ranks.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Interessting point, are Chapter's clergy recognized as clergy of the Church? Or are they just upstart laymen in the eyes of the rest?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Clergy of the Church of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vragnor Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Are Horde Light users invited?
Vragnor
Vragnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Exaythe wrote:Interessting point, are Chapter's clergy recognized as clergy of the Church? Or are they just upstart laymen in the eyes of the rest?

Well IMO it would be nice if there would be a mapping or a way to have people recognized by the Church. ... Or a way to ask for recognition.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Butting in, I would say that depends on whether the Church approves of the Chapter's view and actions. To my knowledge, churches tend to heavily reprimand or excommunicate clergy members that don't toe the line passed down from above.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Hmm, if the Chapter's clergy is recognized, convertion would be something like that.

Novice = Canon
Acolyte = Lector Aspirant
Priest = Lector/Confessor
High Priest = Archlector
Bishop = Vicar of Anethion
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:05 pm

To be honest Exaythe, isn't this a debate best suited in the meetings themselves? The Anethionites asking... sorry... demanding that their progression is accepted by the church itself?
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Saevir wrote:Butting in, I would say that depends on whether the Church approves of the Chapter's view and actions. To my knowledge, churches tend to heavily reprimand or excommunicate clergy members that don't toe the line passed down from above.

But HERETICAL orders like Argent Dawn (yes, it was heretical!) and the Scarlet Crusade have always been tolerated/accepted by the Church. The Church may not have had a compromising central governance but it sure as hell left some details open for interpretation.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Good suggestion, Gahalla! Considering Argents have their own priesthood that are recognized by the Church, why not the Chapter?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm

I guess what I am asking is if these are all considered different denominations of the Holy Light, or just movements within the same denominations. The difference would be that the latter would all be considered part of the same overarching organization, answering to the same authority at the top, while the former are just different organizations with doctrine that is similar at some points.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:08 pm

That's a challenging question. I think the Church would be respected as a central authority of Faith but not in the governing sense. More a symbol sense, perhaps. I think some organisations simply went 'independent' and believe their own path, while respecting the Church (officially). But this is a wild guess. It just feels more natural/human to me to have both. Some that went independent and some that still adhere to the Church
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:13 am

Jeanpierre wrote:That's a challenging question. I think the Church would be respected as a central authority of Faith but not in the governing sense. More a symbol sense, perhaps. I think some organisations simply went 'independent' and believe their own path, while respecting the Church (officially). But this is a wild guess. It just feels more natural/human to me to have both. Some that went independent and some that still adhere to the Church

Which of them are what, then? :p
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 am

The Lore doesn't dictate AFAIK. Is there a lore nazi around to aid or will
we choose ourselves?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Alright then people, next meeting is up on the Calendar, if you have not been invited and would like to, then feel free to mail me or just turn up.

Meeting will be held on: Tuesday 15th March at the Temple in Ironforge (we we were given permission last week)

Topics for discussion:

- More on the rites//prayers and other such things that Jeanpierre began introducing last week, - if applicable, up to you Jean.
- Ranks, Lets introduce them IC, decide what they will be IC and agree on it, so if anyone wants to bring this up at the meeting let me know.
- After sorting the Ranks we can figure out a way to give them to people in a clear and concise way, so people can adopt them on their characters. (Needs OOC discussion before it can go to the meeting, there is a week left so discuss!)
- If the Chapter would like they could bring forward their idea of Shadowbreakers? just a thought.

Any other issues you want to bring up directly tell me here or bring them on the day.
Sort out your representatives, and is there a Dwarf who would like to be chairperson (my job for the last two meetings) since we will be on Dwarf territory, would be nice to have one of them oversee the meeting, if not, i will do it again, no problem Smile

Any other thoughts or such?
Let me know!
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 pm

What do you mean, introduce Shadowbreakers?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm

im sure you lot at the chapter had an idea as to something along the lines of shadowbreakers or the like.. and i wanted to know if you want to continue with that path or not Very Happy
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Ah, great. Of course. Will talk to them!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Fortesgue wrote:
- More on the rites//prayers and other such things that Jeanpierre began introducing last week, - if applicable, up to you Jean.

Most certainly. I'll hope to finish another book or two... or three. That should give it some ground to work with. But... The books are pretty big in terms of text. Perhaps I should post them OOCly somewhere so people can read it? Or do I introduce them the 'true' fully roleplayed way?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 am

*slams The Holy Scripture of Anethion on the table* This is The Book. The Only book you ever need. Now go read it!

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

*crosses arms* No.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 pm

its up to you Jean how you introduce it, so long as it doesnt take 3 hours ofcourse Very Happy

Also important note

Event moved back a week to Tuesday 22nd
So as not to clash with other events.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Fortesgue wrote:its up to you Jean how you introduce it, so long as it doesnt take 3 hours ofcourse Very Happy

Hm... Maybe I best post it somewhere here then... Very Happy
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next