Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of Light - Setting it up.

+17
Amaryl
Uatan/Puaar
Osmand
Rhygel
Ephitos
Gahalla
Krogon Devilstep
Gunnell
Arathoran
Jeanpierre
Seranita
Whiston Farley
Geneviève
Magaskawee/Anaei
Zhakiri
Melnerag
Fortesgue
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. - Page 2 Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Sounds sugar-sweet.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Community of Light - Setting it up. - Page 2 Empty Re: Community of Light - Setting it up.

Post by Gahalla Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Not having had much time this morning, I just wanted to add something to the list of my suggestions and that is an explanation of the subranks of priest:

Minister - "Those who teach". The ministers are those who lead masses and preach, sometimes refered to as preachers. Their duty is to teach, inform, spread the faith to all who would listen and conduct all ceremonies. They are the voice and representants of the faith. Most serve under a bishop.

Confessor - "Those who listen". The confessors are those that care for their congregations souls, they serve by listening, consoling and helping. Their duty is to help people forgive themselves and move on to become better people. To reach out to them on a personal level. They are the face of the faith. Most serve under a bishop, but in some cases they may serve under high confessors.

Monk - "Those who learn". Monks are those who serve by learning. Both external and internal knowledge, they learn the former by ardous studies and the latter by hard work and ascetism. Their duty is to find the truth of the Light and to find the truth of the world around them and share this with the world. They are the mind of the Faith. All serve under abotts.

Cleric - "Those who remember". Clerics serve by recording, remembering and storing. They handle all tasks regarding lorekeeping, law, administration, economy, storytelling, writing and other scholary tasks. Many dedicate themselves to a discipline and many also serve under lords and kings as keepers of libraries or personal biographers or historians. Some also take up magical training to serve the church with the lore arcane as well. They are the memory of the Faith. All serve under abbots.

Chaplain - "Those who travel". The chaplains are those who serve by caring for the chapels, shrines, holy sites and remote people of the world. Their duty is to go where they are needed and to assist in the way they are required. Many chaplains are accustomed with weapons, given the dangers of the world and it is most often chaplains that accompany armies on the march, given that they are used to being on the move and surviving. They are the wanderers of the Faith. They all serve under a high chaplain, but most are taught to act as individuals.

Healers - "Those who heal". The healers are those who treat the injuries of this world. To save those that can be saved and to bless and easen it for those who cannot. Sometimes considered to be the least prestigefull of the priestly duties. They are the embrace of the faith. They serve under bishops, abbots or high chaplains, depending on where they are.

All duties are more of a primary focus than a limitation. There is a overlap between all of them and if they are needed to do the job of another discipline they are expected to do it (but they are not necessarily good at it)
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Ok! all this aside, first meeting is next Tuesday 15th at 19:00 at Tyrs Hand

Made the event on the Calendar, so mail me ingame and i will invite you, you can mail me ICly as rumour spreads, and i need a few from all races!

Ill guide the first meeting, Tyrs hand is phased so do the quests also Smile

Look forward to hearing from you all soon and hopefully we can get this off the ground!
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Fortesgue wrote:Ok! all this aside, first meeting is next Tuesday 15th at 19:00 at Tyrs Hand

Arghlr-grumble-a-rumble. I'm on a skiing trip then Sad

I'll stalk you afterwards for updates Wink
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Am I still able to join? I'm very, very interested in this, because I'm bound to a non-rp guild Sad

This way I could develop my character a little more.

Name: Isabis D'nuoh
Race: Worgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Isabis, whats your character name ingame? (i assume its Isabis, as it stands)

The event is tommorow btw people, 19:00 at Tyrs hand Cathedral SO!

Do the quests at Tyrs hand, takes 15 mins or so.
And be there! and send me a mail ingame if you want invite to calendar.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:58 pm

One thing, will it attract enough RPer's to climb the chain of ranks ?
The way I see things, if you have a complex system with intricate details thats great, but if there only five people spread out into the whole 7 from what I saw, could be more.
Would it be easier to start with one or two ranks? And when say you have ten monks, they take a unanimous test and move to cleric or chaplain or whatever way it goes. And then you can take on a new ten people, ICly the church is rich but not rich enough to support so so many.
Just my input ;o
Ephitos
Ephitos

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Technically there's just five ranks, one of which is out reach (archbishop). 2 of which are trainee ranks and one which is leadership.
All the subranks are more position than rank. If you're a priest that dedicates to the exploration of the faith and your own soul... then you're a monk. If you're a priest that travels and goes where it is needed, you're a chaplain.

If you take up a leadership role you advance to rank four, and again the actual title depends on position. Bishops (and high confessors) care for people, abbotts for studies and high chaplains for need. But they're all equal in rank.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Oh right that makes more sense, I think Fortesgue deserves arch-bishop, at some point in the future he should get it and be the only RPer to recieve it xD
I see what you mean now, thanks for clarifying.
May have a character to dedicate to the path of religion Smile
Ephitos
Ephitos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhygel Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Count me in as Thaerian!

(human, paladin)

I'll be at tyr's hand ^^
Rhygel
Rhygel

Character sheet
Name: Rhygel Solamen
Title: The Light of Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 pm

I'll try to pop in on Osmand if you let me.
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Anaei shall be attending.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Thank you all humongously, i had fun, loads of it.

It allowed me to get some things, and have a look at the structure, and im open to suggestions on how to make it reactive and allow everyone to get involved.

We had enough humans attend, not enough of the other races, so can some of them make an effort Very Happy (Draenei, Dwarf and Worgen)

And Opening discussion and i want you to answer here, because it will impact the decision.

I want suggestions on which location you would like to go next.
the list is.

Northshire Abbey
Stormwind Cathedral
Ironforge - Mystic ward
Gilneas Cathedral (or possibly due to the bug we could hold it elsewhere in Gilneas.)
Tyr's Hand (Location of last meeting)
Exodar (seat of Naaru perhaps? or elsewhere even)
Sanctum of Stromgarde

If you can think of other possible holy sites to visit, then be my guest.

We also need volunteers for the next meetings Chairperson. The Chairpersons job is much like mine was today, to remain neutral to all parties, introduce topics and people into discussions, and tell people to shut up, or mingle at random intervals.

-So Sign up here if you think you can be a chairperson for our next meeting, honestly, it can be anyone-

We also need volunteers for the Advisors for each seat.

Seats that attended last meeting

Arathorian
Crimson Flamer
Chapterian
Strander
Neutral (Gilnean in this case)

i think that was them all. We need new advisors for next meeting, i dont just want the leaders every meeting, lets keep this interesting and spread around the fun. Also if your guild wants to take a seat at the next meeting, tell me here and turn up.

Possible candidates (Three hammers, Broken Sword, Greymane Era. The Disciples!- The Light divisions from any guild, or advisors for a kingdom if none can be found will also work)

Get volunteering!

Next Meeting

Tuesday the 1st of March, 20:00

Location to be decided by discussion. I have made an event on the Calendar already, whisper me, mail me, for invite.

Thanks and look foward to next meeting.

Topics for next meeting:
As it is meeting number two, we shall look into reaching conclusions on the problems between the orders and how these can be solved
We could also look into initiating the rank system into our little meetings, but im just wondering if it would clash with the guild ranks people already have and use? Jeanpierre, Gahalla, what do you think? and do you think you could possibly atleast suggest it in the next meeting ICly? so we can discuss it ICly?

Last edited by Fortesgue on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Next time I will attend on Exaythe I think (or not at all depending on RL), and Osmand/Corleth will speak for the chapter. That will take care of a draenei at least.

And first meeting was interessting, hopefully follow-ups will have more content and stuff to discuss!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 pm

i second the idea that fortesgue be made an Arch bishop.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhygel Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 am

I support Gilneas for the next meeting, and will be there again, either as Thaerian or Rhygel. Likely Thae. He'll have more self control...

As it seems to have been needed in the after meeting tonight :p
Rhygel
Rhygel

Character sheet
Name: Rhygel Solamen
Title: The Light of Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Bumping, as i need thoughts and speech Very Happy

Look at the post before this of mine for more info!
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uatan/Puaar Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:29 pm

There was a draenei shaman present. Should've let him speak for rest of his race xD
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 pm

NO WAI Very Happy
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Whilst it's on the table, you may add the Sanctum of Stromgarde to the list of possible locations if you wish. It's technically our most holy site and is a possibility.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Sure, yes, good idea.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 pm

If possible, I'd like to remain the neutral voice. I think it can be quite healthy, having someone in between.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:24 pm

thats fine Very Happy

Ok, we will be holding the meeting at Uthers Tomb.

Lets bring a little love to that place Smile
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:53 pm

\o/
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:09 pm

its Tonight! Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next