Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

+12
Raelan
Kozgugore Feraleye
Aadaria-Ioanna
Mandui
Jayse
Flo
Magaskawee/Anaei
Cathee Norris
Maelmoor
Sanara
Geldar
Torukan
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle - Page 3 Empty Re: (Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm not going to actively contact the GM of Goons and ask if Goons will attend (same with other OOC guilds), I just won't bother trying to keep OOCers out of the event, otherwise the event would never happen, I'm just going to leave an open invitation for anyone who would like to attend, as I believe a fault of wording on my part, Goons will probably come, but it would be because they saw the open invitation to the server, not because I personally contacted them

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle - Page 3 Empty Re: (Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Netherian Helmsley wrote:I can't say I approve. To me anything that works towards making OOCers enjoy their stay on an RP-PvP/RP-PvP server. I may be a bit harsh I guess but they really do not belong here so I don't see why we should include them on anything. And as people have said before, if you do not intend to make it an RP related event, why post it on the RP forum? Good luck with the event should you decide to take a different approach to it.

I could say the same for 'Epic LOTR OOC event', it's not RP, so why was it not closed/removed? This section clearly states 'Events' not 'Roleplaying only Events', and I do not see 'These are roleplaying events in the future' I see 'Past, upcoming and ongoing events'

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Tashun wrote:
Netherian Helmsley wrote:I can't say I approve. To me anything that works towards making OOCers enjoy their stay on an RP-PvP/RP-PvP server. I may be a bit harsh I guess but they really do not belong here so I don't see why we should include them on anything. And as people have said before, if you do not intend to make it an RP related event, why post it on the RP forum? Good luck with the event should you decide to take a different approach to it.

I could say the same for 'Epic LOTR OOC event', it's not RP, so why was it not closed/removed? This section clearly states 'Events' not 'Roleplaying only Events', and I do not see 'These are roleplaying events in the future' I see 'Past, upcoming and ongoing events'

As far as I know this forum was made for roleplayers to communicate, share ideas, create events etc, thus the name Defias Brotherhood roleplaying community, I don't think the idea was to be a base for ooc events nor do I think it should promote ooc events. There is enough such things in the realm forums (that is why these forums are needed Wink )
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:51 pm

The stories around wpvp events have been so incredibly horrible before, there is no way you can do worse. If you want this event to happen you can and should regardless of what the somewhat whiney "rpers" here claim.

Keeping the OOCers at bay also depends on how you communicate with them, Dont go Seiken mode or when things go wrong at the event see it as an oppertunity to get raging in /1

People will also be whining, alot. Which is fine as long as you dont take them too serious.

ps.
Spoiler:
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Maelmoor wrote:
Tashun wrote:

As far as I know this forum was made for roleplayers to communicate, share ideas, create events etc, thus the name Defias Brotherhood roleplaying community, I don't think the idea was to be a base for ooc events nor do I think it should promote ooc events. There is enough such things in the realm forums (that is why these forums are needed Wink )

Problem is because you saw 'Goons' you instantly thought this event would become a 'lolz let's go kill some all1ance' type of OOC, the thing is, is that this would be an event that would keep to the RP ruleset, such as trying to control the way people talk in /s and /y, but not meaning people have to wear RP gear or roleplay their pvp, it was mainly just an idea for fun WPVP to mimic the event DB started with, since cataclysm will make it impossible to do another Shimmering Flats event

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Cid, a threat on both sides.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3