Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

+12
Raelan
Kozgugore Feraleye
Aadaria-Ioanna
Mandui
Jayse
Flo
Magaskawee/Anaei
Cathee Norris
Maelmoor
Sanara
Geldar
Torukan
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle - Page 2 Empty Re: (Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Correct, someone always is. However I do have legitimate reasons, that I don't think we should encourage ooc events on such a scale. Especially celebrating a battle that founded our famousness for World-Pvp. More importantly that goons are bloody invited. That's the last thing we need, make them feel wanted.

Funny, cause I believe that Shimmering Flats event was OOC as well, sure, people / walking to start it off, but there was no RP involved, so how come you're not bashing that fight, but you will bash an event that mimics it?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle - Page 2 Empty Re: (Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:47 pm

I had only just landed on the server (roughly) by the time of the Grizzly Hills Anniversary war last year.

Saw half the server there and wondered what the fudge was going on XD!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm

People... -_-

Not every W-PvP must have an IC justification. However, even then, as part of the realm and as RPers, we don't go "HAHA" in /yell or "amagad u c how I pwn that dude?!!1 : DDD" in /say. You can go and have PvP fun without being a tard. I believe that many of us aren't IC when raiding or doing BGs, or when sorting our banks or auctioning stuff. Being IC 24/7 is very arduous.

A similar battle like the one in Shimmering Flats can take place without any IC justification, like the one I organized a year ago in Halaa. People are free to RP it out if they so wish, but it's not mandatory. Still, even if people decide to be there OOCly, they should still respect the realm rules and not go OOCtard mode. My 2c anyway.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Mandui wrote:People... -_-

Not every W-PvP must have an IC justification. However, even then, as part of the realm and as RPers, we don't go "HAHA" in /yell or "amagad u c how I pwn that dude?!!1 : DDD" in /say. You can go and have PvP fun without being a tard. I believe that many of us aren't IC when raiding or doing BGs, or when sorting our banks or auctioning stuff. Being IC 24/7 is very arduous.

A similar battle like the one in Shimmering Flats can take place without any IC justification, like the one I organized a year ago in Halaa. People are free to RP it out if they so wish, but it's not mandatory. Still, even if people decide to be there OOCly, they should still respect the realm rules and not go OOCtard mode. My 2c anyway.

I think though, what annoys the most is the suggestion to invite such OOC guilds that would more or less ruin any fun found at such an event. Like Goons etc.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:52 pm

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14135575039&sid=1

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle - Page 2 2-110

OOCers, namely goons, in notable RP guilds, even if I made this an RP-PVP event, put it up on the forums, it's going to become a gank fest anyway

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Alright people, lets - not- turn this into a Bloodwind discussion. All of you back on track.

Tashun has simply handed out an idea, and he wanted feedback on this idea.
Let us all try to keep it to that instead of making a long off topic thread..

The idea Tashun, one last battle of giant size before the big shabomg^^ I like it. If the server crashes so be it, if we all dc so be it^^ If its not all ic then it can still be fun some good old slaughtering^^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Mandui wrote:People... -_-

This, while it wouldn't be an RP-PVP event, and more WPVP, the word OOC doesn't mean we devolve into leetspeak, it's mainly meant to mean, this event won't be RP, and we can have some fun e.g. some people may put on some ogre suits for lols or something, but not screaming LOL I PWNED THIS LEVEL 40

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Ajina wrote:Alright people, lets - not- turn this into a Bloodwind discussion. All of you back on track.

Tashun has simply handed out an idea, and he wanted feedback on this idea.
Let us all try to keep it to that instead of making a long off topic thread..

The idea Tashun, one last battle of giant size before the big shabomg^^ I like it. If the server crashes so be it, if we all dc so be it^^ If its not all ic then it can still be fun some good old slaughtering^^

This as well Smile

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Julia wrote:
I think though, what annoys the most is the suggestion to invite such OOC guilds that would more or less ruin any fun found at such an event. Like Goons etc.
...you honestly believe Goons can PvP? Heh xD
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 pm

That is not relevant to the matter Tashun, what is however relevant is that people enjoy the event and have fun. I do not think people would have fun if per say just as an example: <Insert Horde RP/RP PvP guild here> fought alongside Goons or Realmwalkers or against for instance, Grom.
Same goes for Alliance <Insert Alliance RP/PvP guild here> fought alongside with Grom against Realmwalkers, Goon- no actually some will enjoy beating them into the ground but that is besides the point.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Geldar wrote:That is not relevant to the matter Tashun, what is however relevant is that people enjoy the event and have fun. I do not think people would have fun if per say just as an example: <Insert Horde RP/RP PvP guild here> fought alongside Goons or Realmwalkers or against for instance, Grom.
Same goes for Alliance <Insert Alliance RP/PvP guild here> fought alongside with Grom against Realmwalkers, Goon- no actually some will enjoy beating them into the ground but that is besides the point.

Doesn't matter who you're fighting with, it's who you're fighting against, hell I've been killed in WG by a group of mixed people such as OotRB, SGE and OOC guilds including Goons fighting together, sure, you dislike/hate the people you're fighting with, but you don't let it stop yourself from having fun, plus in a hectic huge WPVP battle, you don't really pay attention to the names, you just feel, If it's red it's dead and the need to help anyone who is green

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:15 pm

I understand the concept of the event and I understand that there is not always a need for a long story to back it up, however to arrange an event like this and invite some infamous ooc guilds and then think it won't turn oocly (read: against server rules) seems a bit naive?
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:17 pm

The invitation would be for all guilds of Defias Brotherhood, and to think that Goons wouldn't show up to a huge pvp event such as this anyway would be just as naive

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Tashun wrote:The invitation would be for all guilds of Defias Brotherhood, and to think that Goons wouldn't show up to a huge pvp event such as this anyway would be just as naive

The difference between inviting someone to your party or having someone climbing through the window to the party as an unwelcome guest is quite big..
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:20 pm

I have previously always posted the exact dates and locations of the Anniversary Wars on the public forums. This has never really caused for any major amount of disturbances or OOCing -- at least not on Horde side. Everyone is free to come, as it's a celebration of the server altogether, and if I would start to worry about OOCers showing up on such large-scale events, I'd be busy all night dealing with those party crashers. It's simply not worth bothering about such things, really. Even if you wouldn't post such dates in public, there's always one way or another OOCers will find out (i.e. Kaile and his clowns on a particular Sunday evening).
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:I have previously always posted the exact dates and locations of the Anniversary Wars on the public forums. This has never really caused for any major amount of disturbances or OOCing -- at least not on Horde side. Everyone is free to come, as it's a celebration of the server altogether, and if I would start to worry about OOCers showing up on such large-scale events, I'd be busy all night dealing with those party crashers. It's simply not worth bothering about such things, really. Even if you wouldn't post such dates in public, there's always one way or another OOCers will find out (i.e. Kaile and his clowns on a particular Sunday evening).

Then what has this to do with the RP forum?

Im not sure why an ooc event is to be planned in the Defias Roleplaying Community?
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:29 pm

I didn't state anywhere that it would instantly make for an OOC event. As has been said before, the AWs have an IC motivation, and are certainly open for RP (which I have seen plenty of attendees make use of).
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:I didn't state anywhere that it would instantly make for an OOC event. As has been said before, the AWs have an IC motivation, and are certainly open for RP (which I have seen plenty of attendees make use of).

Ah yes, sorry I wasn't clear enough but was referring to Tashuns event, the AW wars are just fine!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 pm

The Anniversary wars are amazing. Mostly cause of the RP around and connected to it. I say make a big nice RP-PVP event instead, to celebrate what Defias Brotherhood really stand for, instead of promoting just random ganking and ccing, because essentially I think that is what would happen to a full out OOC event.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 pm

There's no reason people couldn't RP in this event, but I just didn't want it to become, just an RP-PVP event, I know plenty of people who don't RP but respect the RP ruleset and don't talk OOC in /s or /y

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:35 pm

First of all, the first Shimmering flats battle -was- with IC arguments, hence it had a whole story around it (with Vishnah lol)

on a side note: My druid at 7.19 in the left corner and 8.28 on the lift, jumping once and getting dazed.

Good old times
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Alright then, if this were to be a RP-PVP event, I'd need some suggestions for an IC justification

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Maelmoor wrote:
Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:I didn't state anywhere that it would instantly make for an OOC event. As has been said before, the AWs have an IC motivation, and are certainly open for RP (which I have seen plenty of attendees make use of).

Ah yes, sorry I wasn't clear enough but was referring to Tashuns event, the AW wars are just fine!
I got that. I was mostly just trying to relate the AWs to Tashun's proposed event too. You can basically do the same with this event, though I do agree that there's a fine line between leaving anyone free to come, and actively inviting and -encouraging- OOCers to come to an event that, so I assume, will be made by RPers. The kind that don't actively RP but respect the rules are the kind you'd want to leave this kind of an event open to, whilst still trying to keep some kind of an emphasis on RP in the main post on the realm forums.

Of course, it's up to Tashun or whoever will be organizing this as to how they'll introduce this to the mass, but that's how I would do it, and did in the past, anyway.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:48 pm

As a veteran who was at that shimmering flat battles all those 4-5 years ago I do approve of this to an extent.

Not fond of mass inviting OOC'ers though but it's bound to slip in as Koz describes it. Smile
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I can't say I approve. To me anything that works towards making OOCers enjoy their stay on an RP-PvP/RP-PvP server. I may be a bit harsh I guess but they really do not belong here so I don't see why we should include them on anything. And as people have said before, if you do not intend to make it an RP related event, why post it on the RP forum? Good luck with the event should you decide to take a different approach to it.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: William Helmsley
Title: Lord Helmsley's heir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next