Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

+12
Raelan
Kozgugore Feraleye
Aadaria-Ioanna
Mandui
Jayse
Flo
Magaskawee/Anaei
Cathee Norris
Maelmoor
Sanara
Geldar
Torukan
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle Empty (Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:44 pm

The first and largest WPVP battle on Defias Brotherhood, this battle has been with Defias from the start, and I think a day or few days before the cataclysm, we should have another huge WPVP battle before it is flooded, this isn't an RPVP event, just pure WPVP, and anyone on the server is inved (including Goons >.>), I just think it'd be fun to end our time on Vanilla Azeroth on this server with the battle that begun when Defias Brotherhood EU was created.

What do you reckon?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle Empty Re: (Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

Post by Geldar Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:46 pm

this isn't an RPVP event

Why is this here then and not on the realm forums?

PS: Anniversery wars happen every year.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

(Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle Empty Re: (Concept) Last Shimmering Flats battle

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Tashun wrote:

(including Goons >.>)

lolwut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:49 pm

I like the notion, I must say, of making this year's anniversary wars in the Shimmering Flats, given the history of the place (see video) and the way the future looks there.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 pm

To try and repeat an event of the past..I dont know, it never turns out to be as good it was the first time and to be honest the Shimmering Flats battle was quite horrendeus, sure it was cool due to its scale but the lag and server crashes were more frequent than PvP itself Wink

..and Im not sure why it must be an ooc event?
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Maelmoor wrote:..and Im not sure why it must be an ooc event?

I suppose it lets more people in on the fun, no?
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Merandil wrote:

I don't think ooc behaviour should be encouraged by the RP community on a RP server.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Tbh, if I wanted random OOC PvP I go to a BG. Big WPvP battles are fun, because of the RP that comes with it.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Maelmoor wrote:
Merandil wrote:

I don't think ooc behaviour should be encouraged by the RP community on a RP server.

Non rp-pvp is ooc? Then wtf are Bloodwind?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Julia wrote:Tbh, if I wanted random OOC PvP I go to a BG. Big WPvP battles are fun, because of the RP that comes with it.

^
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Tashun wrote:
Maelmoor wrote:
Merandil wrote:

Non rp-pvp is ooc? Then wtf are Bloodwind?

An Rp-Pvp guild. Their world pvp is all rp.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Tashun wrote:Non rp-pvp is ooc? Then wtf are Bloodwind?

An RP-PvP guild that just recently made a big, awsome RP event for the server.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:23 pm

right.......

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:25 pm

What has Orgrimmar raids to do with WPvP-RP events? Almost everyone has joined City raids.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Tashun wrote:

right.......

That's not WOrld Pvp, that's just a raid. One that you do for an achievement. You are talking about planned out battles for no other goal that nostalgia.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Orgrimmar is still part of WPVP, plus what achievement do you get for killing 250 horde inside their city?

+ raids are planned out battles, and that was an OOC raid, so you're being hypocritical

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Again, everyone has been on OOC raids be it for PvE or PvP. That doesn't make someone more or less of an RPer Wink
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Tashun wrote:
God damnit that's me on that dreadsteed there.

Did you have to give me a nostalgia attack?
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Julia wrote:Again, everyone has been on OOC raids be it for PvE or PvP. That doesn't make someone more or less of an RPer Wink

So how is it that this event is being disapproved of?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Tashun wrote:Orgrimmar is still part of WPVP, plus what achievement do you get for killing 250 horde inside their city?

+ raids are planned out battles, and that was an OOC raid, so you're being hypocritical

Death to the Warchief!
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=610

For the Alliance!
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=614

Wrath of the Alliance
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=604
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Tashun wrote:Orgrimmar is still part of WPVP, plus what achievement do you get for killing 250 horde inside their city?

Death to the Warchief!

For the Alliance!

Wrath of the Alliance

For the Alliance and Wrath of the Alliance doesnt count since it was simply org, + I'm betting all of bloodwind have the black war bear anyway, but I'm going to quote yourself

'Someone is always unhappy'

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Tashun wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Death to the Warchief!

For the Alliance!

Wrath of the Alliance

For the Alliance and Wrath of the Alliance doesnt count since it was simply org, + I'm betting all of bloodwind have the black war bear anyway, but I'm going to quote yourself

'Someone is always unhappy'

Correct, someone always is. However I do have legitimate reasons, that I don't think we should encourage ooc events on such a scale. Especially celebrating a battle that founded our famousness for World-Pvp. More importantly that goons are bloody invited. That's the last thing we need, make them feel wanted.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:40 pm

This has nothing to do with achievements.. Or fun. I'm just expressing what I feel. If I wanted OOC PvP, I'd go for the achievements Anaei listed, or a BG.

Also, this I think doesn't even qualify as an event at all. Its just random ganking for the entire server. One side is going to have more, so its probably not gonna be much of a battle, because since it ain't an RP event and everyone is welcome, there would be no one to try and balance the odds. And well.. I'm not really up for wasting time just being ganked. I think I could do better things with my time, like plan RP events.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:41 pm

If it's an RP event I'll go, if it's not I don't see much point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Just adding two cents, there is a big difference between what a guild does on its pvp event nights, be it BG`s, Wintergrasp or a Orgrimmar raid (not to mention that its not promoted outside the guild as its a internal guild event) and an organised grand event for the entire community. If you havent noticed so far, every anniversery war has had some plot behind, RP around organising it aswell as when playing it out.

For reference check the last anniversery war in Grizzly Hills, however - if you want to organise a anniversery war like the one in Shimmering flats, and post it on the RP forums. I suggest to you to contact the RP and RP PvP orientated guilds and their guild leaders of both the Horde and Alliance rather than go "lets call in everyone including the OOCers", it would bring far far more fun to everyone in my opinion.

If you dont however plan to do so, I suggest you focus mainly on promoting this idea on the realm forums where you will get bigger interest from the OOCers you are keen on bringing. Naturally there will be OOCers regardless of where you post or promote this, however it would be more fun if this was organised in a RP manner with all the attached benefits to that (plot lines, RP around before and after the battle and during it).
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next