Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starcraft 2 topic

+20
Nathiniós
(Goggy) - Exilius
Tírius
Gharb
Torukan
Antistia
Rentarn
Valerias
Mandui
Cathee Norris
Sir Lancelot
Flo
Gesh
Chase - Esou
Lini
Avein/Numerius
Jakins
Sophie
Sanara
Lavian
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Starcraft 2 topic - Page 4 Empty Re: Starcraft 2 topic

Post by Antistia Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 am

Epic. For Aiur! No for the Swarm! No Aiur! Speedling vs Zealot ultimate battle of ultimate destiny.

So. Fucking. Epic. I really thought the Toss would win in the end.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:22 pm

For some reason I can't see images being posted or something. The hell.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Hmm, I'm starting to notice a disturbing trend amongst Protoss players in ranked play, more and more people are cannon rushing, I've seen it happen in a replay in which the opponent was utterly devastated. I've had people try it to me twice now, both failed quite a lot as I already had a pylon in their base with either 4 warpgates warping zealots into his base or 4 gateways simply standing in his base.

It's a damned annoying (or rather a cheese) tactic to fight against, it really becomes a fight against the clock to utterly annihilate his economy (and destroy the pylon powering his forge, I think that stops it from being build too but dunno for sure).

So, another reason to keep that probe from entering your base and/or destroying it asap.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:02 pm

I think massed Void Rays are still far more annoying than tower rushes.

Why the hell did they change the initial Void Ray design of resetting their damage every time they changed targets, again? That was a really good design Neutral
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:08 pm

What I've noticed is the lack of zerg players.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:27 pm

There are indeed way too few Zerg players and to be honest, I find it quite understandable, it's not because the Zerg are weaker (they are, but just by a tiny bit I guess) but they're so much harder to macro right.

The Queen mechanic is what put me off the Zerg at first (I'm intending to revisit again in the future) and, in my opinion, the fact that the Zerg have a hard time early game breaking the Terran wall-in + what I perceive to be the fact that the Zerg seem more reactionary than the other races. I find it quite a pity to be honest, Zerg's one of the more interesting races and to be quite honest they're as flexible as Kerrigan, damn flexible I tell ya.

And well, VR rushes are quite a bitch too but it's counterable, you just need to know how to (and I'm not saying it's easy), I just find the cannon rush to be oh so cheap. So cheap. I prefer being 6pooled over an effective cannon rush.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Antistia wrote:
The Queen mechanic is what put me off the Zerg at first (I'm intending to revisit again in the future) and, in my opinion, the fact that the Zerg have a hard time early game breaking the Terran wall-in + what I perceive to be the fact that the Zerg seem more reactionary than the other races. I find it quite a pity to be honest, Zerg's one of the more interesting races and to be quite honest they're as flexible as Kerrigan, damn flexible I tell ya.
While the Queen mechanic can be crippling if you don't remember to spam new larvae all the time, it's also what makes the Zerg so flexible and reactionary.
If you have the resources and supplies for it, you can switch from one army type to another in a blink of an eye.

And well, VR rushes are quite a bitch too but it's counterable, you just need to know how to (and I'm not saying it's easy), I just find the cannon rush to be oh so cheap. So cheap. I prefer being 6pooled over an effective cannon rush.
Interestingly enough people don't seem to go for a cannon rush against me that often. Although, today I lost to one because I wasn't careful enough. I saw the forge with my scouting and I even made sure there weren't any proxy pylons near my base. All's fine...except that I forgot to check one place. A moment later it was cannons, cannons everywhere.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I play zerg and zerg only

Only because they are awesome and i played them in SC1, loving the game (in small doses) and if anyones up for a game id be happy to blast.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 pm

I challenge you in that case Fort: D
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 pm

i will be around slightly tommorow.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Noted. Add Melf or just poke me in wow or msn[You have it, yes you do]
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 pm

My brother's in... Diamond league. If that means anything to anyone? >>
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Uatan/Puaar Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:27 am

hrrr diamond league, he must be quite a pro :s. I keep playing with a clanmate of mine (2v2s), we we're placed in bronze league and are getting people from gold/silver league against us all the time. Kinda morale breaking when you see the guy you're fighting against has some crazy ass avatar.

Anyway, I'm quite a decent protoss, trying to perfect my dtemplar rush to get some other tricks in my sleeves than 2/4 gate and void rays.

Also cannon rush kinda sucks, doesn't work against zerg and terran can usually go reapers when I do it :C

ID is Sain/694 or poke my wow chars for matches.
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 am

Puaar wrote:hrrr diamond league, he must be quite a pro :s. I keep playing with a clanmate of mine (2v2s), we we're placed in bronze league and are getting people from gold/silver league against us all the time. Kinda morale breaking when you see the guy you're fighting against has some crazy ass avatar.

Anyway, I'm quite a decent protoss, trying to perfect my dtemplar rush to get some other tricks in my sleeves than 2/4 gate and void rays.

Also cannon rush kinda sucks, doesn't work against zerg and terran can usually go reapers when I do it :C

ID is Sain/694 or poke my wow chars for matches.

Diamond league is quite pro indeed!

I'm placed in Bronze league too, but with 1v1s, and I too come across a lot of Silver/gold player but really, they're not that difficult you just have to keep that crazy ass avatar from getting to your head.

Protoss myself too, wouldn't call myself decent just yet but I got my gate rushes under control and my vr rush too, should probably try learning a good dtemplar rush soonish too, or just stop rushing and learn the mid-game better.. I mean, my midgame sucks donkey balls, I tend to get way too reactionary while I'm proactive in early game :/
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 am

me and my bro are in diamond league also, and its bloody tough.

I personally prefer the gold league though tbh, the range of tactics is just better and its just not pointless rushing.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:24 am

Added Sain

CAnt find you on MSN melf (not suprising i have too many contacts)

so give me details!

BTW my character code and name is Defiler and its 249
so add me if you like Smile
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 am

Sure, will be on soon if you're up. Smile
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 am

Oh and 229 is my code, wasn't aware of such heh.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uatan/Puaar Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 am

Having played a bit of 2v2 I think my mid game is ok. With protoss its kinda easy if you just go mass air, some high templars and little ground for harrasment and have a friend supporting you on ground. Protoss air wtf :s
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 pm

I should really do some league games but I could never be arsed.

Also completed the game[All missions possible] on brutal so I got the shiny kerrigan portrait now. All in was easily one shotted. Cool
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:I should really do some league games but I could never be arsed.

Also completed the game[All missions possible] on brutal so I got the shiny kerrigan portrait now. All in was easily one shotted. Cool

Now get the Kerrigan portrait from 1v1 league games Razz
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:28 pm

My "character" name is "HellbirdIV" and the character code is 439 (though I prefer using RealID since it works much better). I blow chunks at 1v1, especially as Zerg and Toss, but even as Terran my 1v1 win-lose ratio is 4-9 in zhe cheese league. I quite enjoy custom game types though.

Also, Melf, any advice on beating All In on Brutal/Hard? It's the only mission I have left on Hard to get completionist x_x I made about 75% at some point by massing Marauders and Siege Tank defenses and using a horde of Banshees to take out Nydus worms and provide fire support, but I think I was kinda too slow on rebuilds/repairs and got overrun by Ultralisks.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Here's what I did for All-In Brutal mode:

First when I started the map I moved my factory and barracks more inside the base next to my command centre and had my SCV's build another two factories and barracks with techreactors. Built some Banshee's[I realised I didn't need them at all] and pumped out siege tanks from there on, enforcing the top entrance into my base with enough aim to be able to shoot the bottom path of zergs. As I did this I moved more siege tanks to the bottom entrance and just walled off the tanks on each side to a ball of siege modes. Then I had some psi emitters/disrupt[Forgot which word it was] to slow the zerg infront of the tanks and started building a ball of marines so when Kerrigan came the first time I sent them after her as she closed in. Surprisingly a big ball of marines can take her down fast.

I did some banshee to Nydus sniping but realised when I had the tanks in place fortifying both entrances to the base that they weren't needed. The tanks handled the nydus zerg easily and if it did get too much the nova crystal was there and they would last long enough for the next recharge. I used them whenever kerrigan appaered though as it felt like a good stepping stone to do so. And from there I planted down perdition turrets/psi's and started moving SCV's to the relic to enforce it with perditions/psi's also.

A video of an alternative but similiar strategy for brutal here:

Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Teebo Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:48 am

What's up with people clustering their supply depots out of the way? I've seen it happen quite a few times in multiplayer too.

They make excellent and cheap walls, especially in front of some bunkers, turrets, tanks, etc as long as you can keep them repaired or rebuild them quickly after a wave. Just make sure you have some spare capacity as suddenly not having enough supply when you need to pump out units can be a pain.

It's a tried and true strategy all the way back to using farms to wall off approaches in Warcraft 2 <3 Also works with other Terran buildings of course but Blizzard have even added the handy submerge ability for gated access! Very Happy
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next