Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council

+9
Sinnadrin
Geldar
Ataris
Mandui
Gogol
Jomir
Lexius
Zhakiri
Melnerag
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council Empty [Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council

Post by Melnerag Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:21 pm

As you might’ve noticed I am in love with polls and questions. Here comes a set of six questions concerning the Stormwind Council. If you do not hang around Stormwind for your RP, don’t reply. Also, these questions are NOT IC. If you are uncomfortable with replying here, just send me a PM. When enough data comes in, I will rework it in a useful chart or something. As some might notice, I tried asking this in Whispers once. Was too much work. Now that we have a secure RP forum, I decided to give it another shot.

1) What is your general opinion about the Stormwind Council? (also give 1-10 rating, where 10 is the highest score)
2) What do you think is the most prominent positive point about the Council?
3) What do you think is the most prominent negative point about the Council?
4) Have you attended Council meetings, and if yes, what do you think of them?
5) What role does the Council play in your every-day Role-play?
6) What sort of improvement would you suggest to the Council?

PS: flamers will be shot, surviving flamers will be shot again.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council Empty Re: [Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council

Post by Zhakiri Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:14 pm

1) What is your general opinion about the Stormwind Council? (also give 1-10 rating, where 10 is the highest score)

7- I think the council does a pretty good job, if not alittle OP IC.

2) What do you think is the most prominent positive point about the
Council?

The amount of responsibility they have put upon themselves, I was a member for a week and it drove me to arranging my own IC Assassination.

The amount of power they have given themselves. They can define other peoples RP a little too much.

*yawn*....Unless the Horde attack Razz

Not alot, they actually don't hang around. Tis rare to see them. They are often communicated OOCly for arranged RP regarding the ministry they rule.

I don't know. Thats the problem, without the power they wouldn't have the responsibility. Without the power they wouldn't have a point. I don't want to see them vanish, they help alot but they can't take themselves so seriously. I think someone, somehow needs to make up some sort of boundaries for them.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council Empty Re: [Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

And now over to why?:
I have many ideas and have handed some over to the council during the past years.
I feel that they should be there, I don’t want them gone but I would like to see them be more active as ministers then just being on the meetings each Tuesday at nine. And only other wise be present during trials or important discussions. In my eyes these characters should be used more actively in game and also be more available inside the city. Other then that I think they do a good job.

The positive point is that they are there. They do their job, they don’t always agree.

The negative point is that the council members usually contains the “longest played, most well known characters”. They have their connections and pasts, and in my eyes I don’t think I would ever allow people who “socialize” with criminals etc to be in charge of my city. And this goes for most of the members of the council.

I have attended council meetings a lot the past years and also a bit recently. As I work most Tuesday nights now it is hard to be there. What I have to say is that the meetings at times can be boring but that is a matter of interest.

It plays and have for years, played a vital part of my rp. Right now it is more or less on this char evolved around the council. As Stormwind Operations work for the safety of our city.

What I see lack of these days is public announcements from the council of their doings. I know the laws are being updated and will be posted if they have not already. I want the “not secret” information to come out to the society. Which I don’t see much of. I would love for them to actually bring up plans on how to deal with the problems we do have. Meetings are fine but beyond a few things and events I would like to see more action or proof of it then just the council meeting talk. I also would like them to empower the guard orders more. So that trials can be done before the people actually escape. Then again I would also like for all who puts them selves in a position where they could get arrested to actually take it more seriously.. But that is another matter

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks for replies so far! Remember: the more people reply, and more thorough the replies, the better!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 am

I am a little tired. But I tried to write something constructive.

I give them a 7. They do their best. But the council meetings became to much of a bore. For the councillors themselves and the people around it. The most they do these days is have long meetings where a lot of talk is done. To much talk if you ask me. Effort should be made in my eyes to reduce the long meetings that feel like staff meetings at work and increase action as in actually creating rp that is fun for the councillors and the bystanders. Cause I just know there are at least a few councillors if not all who get bored or annoyed at times by the meetings. So do the bystanders...

The time, energy and effort the people involved take to make it excist. And a weekly gathering of rp-ers who basicly keep each other up to date about what is going on in a Ic fashion.

The endless debates at the meetings and the innaction. The risk of power* "abuse". Being in the council is almost like a real job with staff meetings. And the constant critisum of the people outside the council.

*in reality they only have as much power as the rp-ers around them (we) give them. For example they aparantly give away guard rights. People make a fuss about that. Well I never asked the council for guards rights. But I got them anyway without even being aware of it. Basicly just rp the best you can and improve yourself and they won't stop you from rp-ing the way you like. Hell even if they wanted they can't stop you. Their so called power some say they have is only a illusion.

I did often over the years. I even was a councillor myself in a far away past. They are sometimes to lengthy and I think some subjects should be noted and adressed at another time after the meeting with the councillor which it is relevant to and/or feels like handling it. It could use some more juice. I attend tho as it's a good place to get updated on what's going.

They are mentioned sometimes in conversations by others, but not often. They approve of me rp-ing a guard. The most important role the council plays in my daily role play is that they keep me updated a bit on what is going on and give me a podium to announce what I think might be worthy to share.

Shorten the meetings. A way to acomplish that might be to only shortly brief the council . And arrange the details afterwards. Which they already do slightly but they could try and improve it. Some details might also be worth discussing ooc instead of ic. Trying to get the councillors more involved in the rp besides just listening to it. Spice up the meetings. Arrange fun things to happen. And I don't mean random horde attacks. Basicly...less blabla and more fun and action. Perhaps even reduce the amount of IC meetings. Instead of having a ic meeting every week have a casual ooc meeting one week and a ic the next. So things can be arranged ooc in week A and brought in practice in week B. Also perhaps give some other roleplayers more power within the council to freshen things up and come with new idea's. Assign secretaries for all I care who can help arrange fun things and bring in some fresh blood. That way you have the power of the experienced and the new motivated people with fresh unput.

Last edited by Lexius on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 am

7, they do their jobs pretty well.

They generate some interesting roleplay if you like the politics involved, which I do.

The meetings tend to drag on longer than they need to be.

I have, I think its good when important storylines are discussed like war campaigns, and the capture of cultists, but as I said before they go on longer than they need to sometimes.

A very small role, approving RP events that involve my character mostly.

If there are long meetings, people can get bored just listening to ministers argue and they feel they are not involved. So basically make the audience more involved in the meetings somehow, even if its a minor thing like giving them bits of paper to wave about and letting them shout out when they dont like a decision or something that would just let all hell break loose.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:51 am

Mainly because I think it's dam wally that Stormwind Council has Scarlets in it's ranks.
I know the story, they "arn't the Scarlet-Scarlet, but rather what it was supposed to be"- still aint buying it, the local citizen wouldent either imo if you look at the lore. But that's just a ignorant dwarf's penny.

It helps bringin the diffrent IC Orders and Citizens of Stormwind toghter in a very good, rp helpful way.

I cant say length of time, for that is a matter of taste. You are there by you'r own free will anyway.
For allowing Scarlet Crusaders as members of the Council, it's no personal vendetta vs. the guild, I just cant accept it, like so maney others have.

I like Stormwind Council.
To me it's like a minature battleground where the members of the Alliance can come and flex their muscles at each other, with both numbers and banter.

The Council dosent affect my every day RP that much, as mine lies more in Wpvp(as I see it, it would be more up to the diffrent orders of Stormwind to decide wheter or not they like to aid Ironforge, rather than to the Council), however I do try and visit it and keep up to date what is being said there out of pure intrest and joy in most of what they do.
Council is not everyday RP, as said before most of the members dont do much more than the meetings. As far as public-rp goes.

Stricter rules.
Look at other similar groups for insperation.
[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council Rkka
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 pm

I'd say 6. There are several positive as well as negative factors that make the concept of the council seem good and bad at times. Some of the most important of those factors are listed below.

a) The creation of RP, not only for the council members or those directly involved with it, but for all those who are willing to get involved into Stormwind's RP scene in general.
b) The feeling of realism in the game, since the council is primarily there to uphold order within the city.

a) The lack of communication is still pretty evident within the council, despite the several attempts that have been made to improve it. This results in confusion more often than not, since people who aren't ICly frequently present, but who are involved in the council, don't get informed about important matters.
b) The council meetings tend to be longer than they should, since people feel the need to pop up with trivial matters, that could have been settled with a simple letter addressed to the minister responsible for whatever issue they have.
c) Some people or factions (talking about those within the alliance, not horde related) who attend the meetings, tend to use the council as some sort of court, accusing each other or expecting from the ministers to pick sides. This doesn't only prolong the meetings, but it also gives the ministers some of this additional 'power' many RPers complain about, although the ministers themselves never really asked for it.
d) The constant criticism one receives as a member of the council. Now, I'm fully aware that, just like real life politicians for instance, the ministers will be in the center of criticism more than others. There should be a border to this however. Being criticized all the time, although trying one's best, becomes not only tiring but also quite demotivating in the long run.

At this point, I catch myself groaning each and every Tuesday afternoon, when I realize that there will be a meeting in a few hours. Very few of the council meetings are pleasant nowadays, so it's only natural to not really look forward to any of them. Just to clarify: When I say pleasant, I don't mean those which don't involve personal IC attacks or accusations. I mean those who run smoothly, without people turning that hall into a circus/boxing ring, and which are done within an hour at most.

A very big one. No matter if I'm online ICly or just logged on to do arenas or attend a raid, I will most likely get asked in whispers about various matters concerning the council. I also receive the not so friendly type of whispers/letters, which don't really have anything to contribute to, apart from the above mentioned demotivation, since they often cross the IC-OOC borders.

If it was up to me, I'd organize a mass vote, including (if not all) the majority of the RPers who are normally in Stormwind and all those whose RP is connected to it in some form, in order to decide whether or not the council should be there in the first place. It would be a yay or nay vote, not a "yes, but..." or "no, but..." one. This vote would show if it's even worth continuing the council concept.

I know that many people would rather suggest different persons for some of the minister positions instead of voting entirely for or against the council. However I still believe that, against popular belief, it isn't that important who occupies those positions. Even the most capable and decent RPer will get targeted and be the center of (usually) negative criticism. It's impossible to please everyone, especially in a community as large as the one on our server is. So, regardless of whom would be the minister of Justice, Trade, Education or any other area, there will always be IC conflicts.

Based on the outcome of this vote, I'd then either a. go RP on my own, in case the council would disband or b. try to improve the already existing issues mentioned above.

Sadly, I can't do that alone, since keeping a certain communication within the council members and also trying to keep order during its public meetings, is a collective effort. Thus I would ask for everyone to be a little more tolerant towards the council, a little more orderly during the council meetings and try to put aside all the unnecessary finger pointing.

Like I already mentioned, being criticized ICly is part of a minister's IC life and no matter who takes up a minister position should be well aware of this, along with the responsibility on one's shoulders regarding IC matters.

However, logging in the game and having to face nothing but this kind of negative RP, being forced to constantly defend myself against IC attacks, isn't that fun anymore. I will accept conflicts, yes. But they're definitely not the only thing I'd like to RP about and sadly, this is where it's slowly coming to. Not to mention that many of these conflicts cross over to the OOC land and that's where the fun dies entirely.

It's no coincidence that many people who have been ministers in the past didn't manage to remain one for long. After the two years of being a council member myself, I'm absolutely convinced that some of the above mentioned problems where part of the reason why people have resigned.

The community should ask themselves whether or not they want a council. If it turns out that the majority does want it, then please, turn the volume down a bit, otherwise there will be no one left who wants to put up with this.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:46 am

As most know I am currently on a break. Back when I did play though I felt that too much of the SW RP had to go through the Council. To me it should be an option and not the unofficial mandatory channel for the server that it was. So much revolved around it and it was all pretty closed-in.

Personally, if it were all up to me, I'd repurpose the Council. It is not my time nor energy that's been invested, of course, but I'd like to see the Council becoming more of an optional aid for RP rather than the Law, so to speak. I think this would relieve current pressures and help promote new initiative among others.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:25 am

1) What is your general opinion about the Stormwind Council?

7, The Council has always tried to do their job to the extend they (we) have, even though there were hard times for everyone on it. The fact that 6-7 people have dedicated so much time in making Role Play with and Around it. (Some of the people on it are there from 3+ years and have worked for making this community a better place even through the fact we`ve received quite the amounts of grief just because the Council is a somewhat fictional authority which no one is forced to follow and for that matter wont be hunted down as a animal if he does not, and not because they`ve (we) have done anything bad In Charecter)

Creation of Role Play for everyone, the resorting of both In Charecter and Out of Charecter Issues when brought up, aswell as the above mentioned people who have dedicated themselfs in the task of organising and maintaining a fairly friendly SW RP hub for the "Good Folks" for so many years.

3) What do you think is the most prominent negative point about the Council? Lack of Communication some if not most of the times between the diferent ministers and people ascosiated with the routine of the organisation, way too long meetings sometimes, lack of a strict protocol which to be followed to reduce the timespan of such meetings aswell as the fact it needs more publicity to inspire bigger interest in people, aswell as actual result to some issues rather than just talk, but then again some issues are impossible to resolve from a realistic point of view, though that never stoped anyone from looking into them.

4) Have you attended Council meetings, and if yes, what do you think of them? Varies from very interesting to mind blowingly boring or retarded when people begin to use the meeting when important issues need to be discussed into a courthouse, throwing accuisations around and whatnot.

Plays a big enough part for me to continue beeing a part of the Council just because i`ve been through some of the brightest and most darkest of moments in this Council, and considering all the grief and IC sometimes OOC hate thrown against us and me because we are The Council, it just pales when you see the fruits of your labour infront of you as in more wonderful role play. Though i can still make my WPvP-RP even if the Council did not excist and i was not a part of it, just knowing that there is actually a bunch of people there who are willing to help you with whatever IC or OOC issue you might have is enough for me to keep doing my job.

Better Communication between the members for starters, makes the job a whole lot easier.

Better publicity towards the Community, make ourselfs known to the new RPers, be it with a thread on the forums or these forums, a newspaper or just with Towns Criers it is a step forth.

More open to suggestions from outsiders, though i must open a bracket here and say something that has been on my mind through this entire "quiz" (If people actually want to see improvement, why dont they step up to the SW Council channel which is infact /SWCouncil, give their suggestions and discuss matters or problems, we are a open community, open organisation, and most of all open people. We wont insult you if you do not like us or what we do but please it is better to have your opinion shared and that we know there are actually excisting issues rather than us knowing the moment you bring them up out of the blue on the 1000th 'We haet du council' thread on the realm forums, after all the Council members are not hand picked because of their psychic powers. So, yes come over if you have anything to share or just want a chat, heck do it in whispers if you`d like, but dont repeat the tendacy that some people had in the past OOC motivated IC hatred because some people have more fictive power to maintain and organise things so stuff can run smoothly for us all. And yes, after two~, was it two years? Yes after two years, i am still waiting for someone to come up to the damned channel or whisper me with actual facts about power abuse from any of the Council members, since im still searching for such a thing!)

Now with that said, its not just the Council that needs improvement since the obvious 'conflict' of interests isnt just one sided, it involves, you and me and everyone else who enjoyes their Role Play. So be more open minded and most of all, bring up your problems and issues, after all, what we can know we can try and sort out.

Geld.

PS: Needs more Comissars

[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council 40k%20Commissars
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 am

Gogol wrote:Look at other similar groups for insperation.
[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council Rkka
Geldar wrote:Needs more Comissars

[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council 40k%20Commissars
Couldn't agree any more. After all, mowing down all those Alliance sheeps could get rather boring without the comrade comissars helping us out a lil' bit.

[Questionnaire] The Stormwind Council EnemyAtTheGates_03
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks for replies, Geldar and Mandui. And if you like commisars, you should ressurect Comrade Dragomir.

To answer your question as to why I made a 'quiz' instead of asking people to go and talk to the council in person. I believe that in the end this is more productive, you can read the replies at your leisure when you have time or wait untill I am 'done' and sum them up in a post. I hope you, Geldar and Mandui, agree that questions are as impartial and varied as possible.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:32 am

My two cents. I attended just one council, so I can't judge, but I found it quite complex, long and dispersive. It has been extremely interesting to listen to the several reports and speeches, but in my opinion, if this council really wants to involve the whole roleplay community, it should be based more on facts than words. I mean, something more operational, more based on promoting events than discussing.

By the way Imanuel, face the fact, what the people want is a Stormwind soviet which can lead us to victory through the uncompromising revolutionary discipline of our commissars.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 pm

n.a. I never attended a council, yet I've been around for some time. To be honest, I did not even know there was such a thing on our server. It's thanks to these forums I've learned of the council.

The fact we have a council. Having a council means that we have structure rp-wise

Respectfully, the fact they haven't been able to reach me. I know it's not wise to point fingers to others before pointing it to yourself, but as I said, it's the first time I've heard of there existence.

No, I have not. Where are they held, when are they held and how does one attend?

No influence what so ever.

Get out on the streets. Make yourselves known. Perhaps writing to known RP guild leaders. Make IC-polls. Give the people the feeling they have something to say/decide. The council communicates to the guild leaders, the guild leaders communicate it to there officers, the officers to the guild members. Hence, the councils will is heard, followed, completed or perhaps misunderstood, which naturally can also be fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Umpty wrote:

Get out on the streets. Make yourselves known. Perhaps writing to known RP guild leaders. Make IC-polls. Give the people the feeling they have something to say/decide. The council communicates to the guild leaders, the guild leaders communicate it to there officers, the officers to the guild members. Hence, the councils will is heard, followed, completed or perhaps misunderstood, which naturally can also be fun.
Ehm...every major guild on the alliance knows of the council, dozens of people are directly connected with it RP-wise, since it's been established on the realm for over two years. I don't think that getting on the streets of Stormwind and 'advertising' it would make it more popular. After all, it's a political circle, not a traveling vendor trying to sell his goods Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Around a 5. My general opinion is that even though the initiative is great, it is poorly executed. There's no room for anything within the council and they are really closed to themselves i.e. you need to be 1. a paladin. 2. extremely good. 3. Your guild is not allowed alternate views. 4. Its just a small lil gang of friends.. and the only people that get in must be a part of that circle. All those perfect lil dull paladins stacked up in their lil club talking and deciding over us. There's just nothing interesting going on there, aside from the great events they plan now and then!But then again, the events are in their own lil circle again. Its always the same people.

What I'd like to see is alot more controversy. Grey subjects, dangerous things, things that would really split the general opinion in two. More interesting and touchy subjects, absolutes and involving the general RP community. Because no matter what they do or say, it never has any effect on the streets. Its always those good guilds and a slap of crazy-good paladins in massive armours, dull conversation, perfect characters little to not argumenting, disagreements and controversy, aside from their own planned events, of course.

And thats where the problem lies, because if your characters mess up and aren't perfect, they get the boot. You need to have two sides of the coin. We all know about the good paladins now, but for every strength there needs to be a weakness.

That there is a council representing the people is, of course a great idea and initiative, that people can go and rely on prominent RP'ers who design great events.

Its always the same people, their own lil heirclub. Little to no controversy or interesting things for the people that are outside their circle and don't fit their image as RP'ers. I'm in no way saying they are elitists or trying to force anything upon us, I'm saying if you are controversial, more realistic, have different views and openly express them you don't fit in their club. Where are the people with temper, crazyness, controversial subjects you'd normally avoid with a ten-foot pole? Anger the RPcommunity, soothe it, but don't be so neutral with a set dull template.

I've attended a few, sometimes very dull plain talks and sometimes interesting events. I remember the Dragomir exposing a necromancer witch, that was pretty epic.

Little-to-no influence, as you need to be a part of one of the famous guilds or a set circle or so.

Its easy; force more, swap out the boring people and put in the hot-headed nobles. Make crazy changes, RP realisticly. Investigate the Blade and attack them or whatever, expose the Chapter and have them attacked or so. Turn the moneyflow on the disciples until they deliver results. Investigate everyone, order all holy orders to put out the bridges and have everyone say their name etc. or be put in jail.

Destroy that template of the stereotypical boring good guy and turn Stormwind into a interesting city of swapped out opinions, active wars and things going on. Sure the Chapter or Blade or Cultists or whatever may give you crap, who cares? Do what you want and cause immense RP all over the place. Force them to improve their game, make their storylines more interesting. I'm in no way saying everyone has a boring storyline, no all your ideas and stuff are great, but Stormwind is standing still.

When I read about the chapter (and even helped out in the very start, working for Dragomir) I thought something was gonna happen. For the people, the unguilded RPers. But you're, for outside views, the disciples with a black tabard.

People are trying, but it must be rather hard to get the RP community to buldge as people are fine with their current shell of safety and everything ordened and lined out. Every event planned.. how about not asking guilds if you can do this or that? Turn all this peace into alot more chaos, but not the evil kind.

I think the council does a great job and have kept everything well aligned and organized in the past, a valued idea. But I think its some time for change. Its time you tell the disciples and crusaders to do your bidding and work for stormwind, after all.. ICly.. Stormwind pays them no? Where else do they get their money / food / armour etc. etc.

Put deadlines, but for everyone. Let people feel a massive change and conflict.

How about actually making some of the plotlines true? What if Lilath did work for the Blade? What if Mandui was a cultist? What if Geldar had a perversion for animals?! Okay, that was a bad example. What if Darothar had his own little scheme, instead of his perfect do-good Horde respecting allround-race guild, he was actually planning to steal from the Arathorians because Saihna had sex with his great uncle. And when it gets exposed, the poop hits the fan and the Disciples are forced to arrest the Scarlets to their greatest dismay, and some even refuse, causing open fights, people are fired from the council and a thug like Ledgic manages to secure a spot mysteriously, wiat.. what are all those drug dealers doing on the streets getting people hooked? Slipping snuff in drinks? P.S. Did you hear the latest rumour? The minister of justice has become a alcoholic who slaps his wife around! What now but hire the Theramore Navy to silently take away this man to foreign territory and put him straight outside of Stormwind! Away from the public eye!

This are just random suggestions and stupid examples to give people the ideas, give people extreme weaknesses that put your chars respect power and personality in grave danger, aswell as your guilds. Toy with it, with your power and your char and spice up RP.

Moar Drama! Alot moar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Mandui wrote:
Umpty wrote:

Ehm...every major guild on the alliance knows of the council, dozens of people are directly connected with it RP-wise, since it's been established on the realm for over two years. I don't think that getting on the streets of Stormwind and 'advertising' it would make it more popular. After all, it's a political circle, not a traveling vendor trying to sell his goods Razz

In my defense, I’d like to say that our server is packed with small guilds. And small guilds with a lot of potential, perhaps even enough potential to be heard or seeked out by the council.

If I knew there was a such a thing as a council, I would have attended every meeting.

I understand that the network of the council reaches the Major guilds, that’s not so strange. But it’s the ‘little’ people, (if you will), that can make up for a lot of RP’ing.

I fully understand your statement. They are not salesman, yet a council tries to ‘sell’ new laws, rules, visions etc. etc. And if only the top of the RP'ing triangle is informed a lot of fun is thrown away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Umpty wrote:In my defense, I’d like to say that our server is packed with small guilds. And small guilds with a lot of potential, perhaps even enough potential to be heard or seeked out by the council.

If I knew there was a such a thing as a council, I would have attended every meeting.

I understand that the network of the council reaches the Major guilds, that’s not so strange. But it’s the ‘little’ people, (if you will), that can make up for a lot of RP’ing.

I fully understand your statement. They are not salesman, yet a council tries to ‘sell’ new laws, rules, visions etc. etc. And if only the top of the RP'ing triangle is informed a lot of fun is thrown away.
Well, at this point and after all this time, we rely on people who already know about it (and they are many) to spread the word from mouth-to-mouth. Nothing more we can do really.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm

@ Aesthetic:

It still makes me wonder why people use phrases like "small lil gang of friends", "club" or "closed circle" when referring to the council. How can the council be any of the above when a. the meetings are open to the public, b. anyone is free to apply for a vacant minister position and c. the events which are organized are always welcoming everyone who is willing to attend.

No matter what we do or say has effects on the streets? I remember you being in a guard guild not too long ago. That didn't make any difference? The laws make no difference? The events made also make no difference? What do you have in mind then? Having the council as some sort of source for entertainment 24/7? That's not possible, the members have others things to do in the game, just like everyone else. If you think that there's more that could be done, then please, by all means, take the initiative and suggest it, organize it yourself Smile

Also, you often use the term 'perfect'. I really don't know where you got that either, along with all the other terms you used. There is no 'perfection' in RP to begin with. It's all a matter of taste and compatibility. If your character likes other characters and they get along and vice versa, all is well. If not, you simply keep looking for something that is more compatible to your tastes.

Regarding the "its always the same people". Within the two years I have been in the council, the various positions change rather frequently. I don't see why people should be replaced when there's no reason for them to be replaced.

You suggest "crazy changes", in order to "Destroy that template of the stereotypical boring good guy" like investigating the Blade or expose the cultists and the Chapter. "Every event planned.. how about not asking guilds if you can do this or that?"

Ehm...wait....we are repeatedly being accused for controlling people's RP too much and...this is the suggestion you have? Isn't that a wee bit contradicting? >_>

The council is a political body, not a bar or some other entertainment providing establishment. Politics are boring, whether we like it or not. By making the characters who are involved with it a bit "crazier" as you put it, would turn it into a circus and it would defeat the purpose of its existence to begin with.

Last edited by Mandui on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Moar Drama! Alot moar.

Sums it up pretty nice if you ask me, why have something that works when you can have chaos and disorder only for the sake of a momentary entertaiment?
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Geldar wrote:
Moar Drama! Alot moar.

Sums it up pretty nice if you ask me, why have something that works when you can have chaos and disorder only for the sake of a momentary entertaiment?

Because thats what RP is about. Real life is order and boring plain stuff.. in here we can have awesome plot conspiracies.. who wants to sit out 10 dull meetings about how to improve the envoirement when a ball could roll swiftly and cause epic change for everyone?

This isn't real life. We can have drama fun and excitement here, we can do some crazy plots involving everyone and generating RP for everyone.

I am in no way saying the council is responsible for entertainment of the RPers and the community. I'm saying that they could.

And if they aren't up for entertaining the community, and exploiting it to the maximum potential thats a lost chance in my eyes. This is all my opinion, of course.

EDIT: Okay.. wait.. that sounded wrong. Real life is fun.. but there's no dragons, magic and heroes.. and you don't get to rule states and whatnot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Aesthetic wrote:
Because thats what RP is about. Real life is order and boring plain stuff.. in here we can have awesome plot conspiracies.. who wants to sit out 10 dull meetings about how to improve the envoirement when a ball could roll swiftly and cause epic change for everyone?

This isn't real life. We can have drama fun and excitement here, we can do some crazy plots involving everyone and generating RP for everyone.

I am in no way saying the council is responsible for entertainment of the RPers and the community. I'm saying that they could.

And if they aren't up for entertaining the community, and exploiting it to the maximum potential thats a lost chance in my eyes. This is all my opinion, of course.

EDIT: Okay.. wait.. that sounded wrong. Real life is fun.. but there's no dragons, magic and heroes.. and you don't get to rule states and whatnot.
There's plenty of drama and excitement all over the place. There are huge plots going on all over the place, involving dozens of people. Dozens, not just 6 or 10 or 20. I don't see why the council should be the source of it all, since it's merely a part of the community. Like I already said, we avoid exploiting the IC power we have. Even so, we still get accused for it. Your suggestion to openly exploit this power isn't really constructive and I fail to see it as a lost chance Razz

This isn't real life but it still has realistic rules to some extend. I'll repeat myself again and say that if you feel that there isn't enough being done, you have the freedom to create something yourself. Or you could consider leaving the cathedral square behind and search for the plots that I mentioned. They're out there, trust me.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Mandui wrote:1. Your events made sense back in the guard guild.
2. We are not here for your entertainment.
3. Politics are boring, our purpose is politics.
4. People complain we involve too much.

1. Well we had almost daily events and alot of arrests drama and politics, and stepped out of line and alot of us were normal humans who made flaw after flaw, making us a real guard guild back in the day, yeah. But that was because every of our members was flawed and stepped out of line and let emotion take the upper hand alot.
2. No, you're not. But you -could- be. You can choose to make that cirus, crazy drama and really stirr things up and make things alot more interesting for everyone. You don't have too, but the power is there, in your hands.
3. It doesn't have to be boring.
4. Thats because 1. it often seems like no council member has any form of emotion, thus making their meddling utterly uninteresting. 2. They don't go all the way. Either you meddle all-out, or ya don't. Now the meddling just seems to go deciding on biased information. Such as giving Arathor alot of power as a guild ofr example. They are another nation, let them meddle their own bussiness.. any Stormwind guild should have priority over a Arathorian one and if Arathor wants rights or has complains or make trouble, they should get massive punishment without any diplomacy.

If you decide you want to organize an interesting RP envoirement and really spice things up; you can.

That was my message, really.

You guys do a great job, but your job can be more than great, it can be epic if you decide you really wanna spin balls, involve all guidls and RP'ers and make a crazy drama and circus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Aesthetic wrote:Such as giving Arathor alot of power as a guild ofr example. They are another nation, let them meddle their own bussiness.. any Stormwind guild should have priority over a Arathorian one and if Arathor wants rights or has complains or make trouble, they should get massive punishment without any diplomacy.

Uhm, as far as I know Arathor has no power at all in Stormwind, nor has it ever. We abide Stormwind law, just like we expect the same courtesy in Arathi. The only thing that's been discussed in the past was a way to be able to handle criminals better between the Kingdoms, so that criminals of one Kingdom does not hide in the other. However it was not even fully established as far as I know Razz
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:07 pm

I think this pretty-boy has begun playing a tune on my nerves.
Perhaps I think I shall have him send up and work on my Boney-road in Northrend.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next