Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion between SFE/DRS

+17
Raelan
Gallandria
Nathiniós
Saevir
Kozgugore Feraleye
Zhakiri
Kristeas Sunbinder
Dorik Thunderbelly
Antistia
Kil'drakor
Mandui
Nayan
Mallea/Trollmeat
Krogon Devilstep
Spyre
Gesh
Sinnadrin
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Discussion between SFE/DRS - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion between SFE/DRS

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat May 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Spyre wrote:Well not really, she didnt use rings,trinkets,braces,waist, cloak etc and had rp gear (except the 80 legs).
Of course not, but another 20k hp warrior in engineering epics in the actual battle was harmful to the event itself, rather than the aftermath. I'm only highlighting this because you seem to be getting a little out of hand with your anger at an unfortunate post-event incident none of us had any control over, including the SFE leadership.

Got nothing to say about the orc-drs stuff, though. If you guys want to depart from the original topic that's cool.

EDIT: Honestly, I don't see where all this anger came from. Oh well.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat May 22, 2010 7:13 pm

RP rules set decided on terms with SB, and all the rest has to follow it, their opinion doesn't matter.

Edit: I find this all more amusing this thread is actually because.. 14? DRS of whom 8 80ies got owned by one person in Ghostlands. LOL
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Spyre wrote:Yeah, we must be against the community as we enforce rp gear and rules during wpvp to make it fair for even the ones who plays to rp, not to spamm bg's and arena all day. If you wanna attened to -our- event you do it by accept the rules we got for it, this goes for both sides. I also find it funny how you call us cowards Krogon as you run away so often when Anrim is near.

1)RP gear creates less balance due to sparadity of gear level, you look pretty perhaps... maybe, but not if your stripping bits off to balance HP pools = Fact

2)i find it funny how you need anrim and frejva to do anything, that or your guildies blueshield under any threat.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img31/3744/wowscrnshot041510224000.jpg

3) you show up in the enemy's camp when only three are online, spam throwing bombs at them until they die, while trying to an interview. yet when we show up to your camp, you whine or blueshield.

4) you complain about people using high level weapon or armour and hiding it... yet... you dont follow these rules yourselves, letting rogues with epic level 80 gear run around.

http://yfrog.com/cbwowscrnshot042010202917j

5) you invite other guilds along to the event's in order to boost your sides numbers, diregarding any care for number equality even though its there to begin with.

all in all... ... ... i have no sympathy for you, you lie, you cheat, and deserve no quater no matter what ethos of "fairness" and "imersion" you hide behind, i the end your in it for the win, and cant hack losing. its uneniable and a fact, no matter how many times how ever many of you seem to talk about anything else, your only trying to fix situations so -you dont lose-.

and to be quite frank, some of us are getting rather tired of it.

bring back the old days of vanilla and TBC, when people rode out and fought battles on the random, no arguments over gear or numbers, no quarrels over immersion in a fantasy game, no whining about skills and tactics or anti-classess, no complaining about who is invited, and who isnt to a conflict that is ultimately Alliance Vs. Horde.

Fairness? things used to be fair, then people started claiming this, demanding that, making rules for stuff that wasnt broken...

...its... just... insanity.

Last edited by Krogon on Sat May 22, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Dwarven rifle squad, Natures grasp, Sin belore and the cult of shadow have decided these rules. The Sunfury were allowed to be a part of it but you turned it down rather childish ( Gogol send me the chat conversation ) that you didnt do kinder garden rp-pvp with uniforms.
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat May 22, 2010 7:16 pm

https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/game-related-f2/rp-or-pvp-gear-discussion-thread-t497.htm?highlight=gear

I really don't see why this thread was even made in the first place other than creating a place for drama-mongers. I am never ceased to be amazed at the amount of drama our lovely community seems to spew out every week. If people want to "discuss" whatever it is that is supposed to be discussed, then I personally think it best if it was just done somewhere else because clearly this is going no where and nor do I think it ever will.

I'm just glad prospective transferees don't see these forum or else they'd probably just be absolutely discouraged from rolling here at the amount of drama Defias Brotherhood seems to make. Let's all try to be nice now or try to be civil at the very least.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat May 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/game-related-f2/rp-or-pvp-gear-discussion-thread-t497.htm?highlight=gear

I really don't see why this thread was even made in the first place other than creating a place for drama-mongers. I am never ceased to be amazed at the amount of drama our lovely community seems to spew out every week. If people want to "discuss" whatever it is that is supposed to be discussed, then I personally think it best if it was just done somewhere else because clearly this is going no where and nor do I think it ever will.

I'm just glad prospective transferees don't see these forum or else they'd probably just be absolutely discouraged from rolling here at the amount of drama Defias Brotherhood seems to make. Let's all try to be nice now or try to be civil at the very least.

I want your babies.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Gnash wrote:
I want your babies.
...I can imagine the babies to come out of a union between you and him, looking very similar to his avatar...which would be highly disturbing...
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat May 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Mandui wrote:
Gnash wrote:
I want your babies.
...I can imagine the babies to come out of a union between you and him, looking very similar to his avatar...which would be highly disturbing...

Discussion between SFE/DRS - Page 3 Cacnea_wallpaper_1680_ld

THIS.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 22, 2010 7:24 pm

This picture and the thought behind it will haunt my dreams forever.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat May 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Gamers are pyromaniacs at heart.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat May 22, 2010 7:32 pm

I definitely do not want my babies looking like wackywatchymacallits!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:The attitudes and ego-rubs need to stop. Both parties need to understand they have their own tastes and preferences and these need to be discussed privately and resolved also -privately-. Spamming these forums and throwing dirt is not getting anyone, anywhere.
I'd like to emphasize again that this is not a personal feud, but rather a (hopefully) civil discussion on server-wide RP issues and questions that cannot be ignored/avoided and will continue to come up time to time again.

It's best to do it in the semi-public of this RP forum.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat May 22, 2010 7:36 pm

It seems this discussion has gotten a bit out of hand, and people have strayed from the main subject. Here's the last chance to steer the topic back into the direction it was meant for - namely the issue of having an "uninvited guest" over to a certain party. We can either come to a consensus, or we can throw a lock on this one. You people decide.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 22, 2010 7:41 pm

keep world pvp random and evolving, not strict and rigid where elves cant defend their own homeland.

viva la random pvp.

it was also a complaint over 'gear' if i recall.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Sat May 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Gear wouldn't make much of a difference with such a numbers imbalance. It's a general thing of gear clearly being more inportant than skill.
W-pvp should have no limitations save general manners (no ganking and such)
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Lilenath wrote:Gear wouldn't make much of a difference with such a numbers imbalance. It's a general thing of gear clearly being more inportant than skill.

the sacred two rules...

1) no camping
2) dont harm those who just res and are running to regroup.

all you need!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat May 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Just once I'd like to see the DRS involved in a PvP event without some flaming thread appearing on the forums...

Edit:

Mallea wrote:What was the Ere Argus lady doing there, though?

I think Nuraahi was there to help the Elves on her own initiative since the guild doesn't "officially" do W-PvP.

Last edited by Merandil on Sat May 22, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Sat May 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Krogon wrote:
Lilenath wrote:Gear wouldn't make much of a difference with such a numbers imbalance. It's a general thing of gear clearly being more inportant than skill.

the sacred two rules...

1) no camping
2) dont harm those who just res and are running to regroup.

all you need!

Which to get back to, DRS don't follow very well.
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sat May 22, 2010 8:55 pm

I think this thread needs to be locked, soon it's going to go from personally attacking guilds to personally attacking characters to personally attacking the actual player.

Yes, there are mixed views on how WPVP should be handled on RP servers, while both guilds may say RP gear only, it's up to the individual players themselves, not the guilds, tbh, an OotRB could use full T9 warrior gear and ToC gear + ToC weapon and a wolf mask and I would deem it RP gear.....Because it looks like RP gear.

However the problem is people's perception of their characters, one may be a mighty paladin of the alliance while another may be a simple lone hunter in the wilderness, because of the concepts, the gear is drastically going to be different, what I think is the actual problem is not the gear itself, but the way people use their abilities, for instance:

Dwarf hunter has level 30-50 gear including weapons
Orc warrior has full T9/level 80 weapon

Now, what the guild leaders should perceive is, hmmm, let's not tell them to change their gear, let's tell them to change their playstyle, Dwarf hunter due to his low level gear can spam anything he wants, while Orc warrior can auto attack/mortal strike every so often, sure, the Orc warrior may win every time, but the important thing is you didn't nuke the dwarf in 2 seconds flat, you made it realistic and made the battle last around 20-60 seconds depending on the skill of the lesser geared player e.g. Dwarf spams arcane shot and aimed shot, does serpent sting and kites the hunter, can disarm him (if MM) while the warrior auto attacks and mortal strikes, this gives the dwarf a chance to kill the warrior.

Example a. 10 tauren charge at 10 humans, taurens are higher geared, they charge in with mass aoe and bloodlust up, humans all die within 10 seconds. NO.

Example b. 10 undead charge at 10 dwarves, the undead are higher geared, they charge in normally, maybe on their mounts, begin auto attacking, once they start losing health they then begin to do healing, maybe a special ability here and there, perhaps the CASTERS COULD USE 1 SPELL, AUTO ATTACK A BIT, AND THEN USE ANOTHER ONE to give people a chance. YES.

Guys, stop the attacking of the guilds, follow guidelines not on gear, but on the way the abilities are used, what you lot are thinking at that Guild A is annoyed because they lost, no, Guild A are annoyed because they didn't experience proper pvp, they experienced a gank fest, I would not care if I lost every pvp battle so long as I had long skirmishes.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat May 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Lock please.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 9:02 pm

you already are one Vectoria
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Kougor/Tashun/Galavan wrote:I think this thread needs to be locked, soon it's going to go from personally attacking guilds to personally attacking characters to personally attacking the actual player.

Yes, there are mixed views on how WPVP should be handled on RP servers, while both guilds may say RP gear only, it's up to the individual players themselves, not the guilds, tbh, an OotRB could use full T9 warrior gear and ToC gear + ToC weapon and a wolf mask and I would deem it RP gear.....Because it looks like RP gear.

However the problem is people's perception their characters, one may be a mighty paladin of the alliance while another may be a simple lone hunter in the wilderness, because of the concepts, the gear is drastically going to be different, what I think is the actual problem is not the gear itself, but the way people use their abilities, for instance:

Dwarf hunter has level 30-50 gear including weapons
Orc warrior has full T9/level 80 weapon

Now, what the guild leaders should perceive is, hmmm, let's not tell them to change their gear, let's tell them to change their playstyle, Dwarf hunter due to his low level gear can spam anything he wants, while Orc warrior can auto attack/mortal strike every so often, sure, the Orc warrior may win every time, but the important thing is you didn't nuke the dwarf in 2 seconds flat, you made it realistic and made the battle last around 20-60 seconds depending on the skill of the lesser geared player e.g. Dwarf spams arcane shot and aimed shot, does serpent sting and kites the hunter, can disarm him (if MM) while the warrior auto attacks and mortal strikes, this gives the dwarf a chance to kill the warrior.

Example a. 10 tauren charge at 10 humans, taurens are higher geared, they charge in with mass aoe and bloodlust up, humans all die within 10 seconds. NO.

Example b. 10 undead charge at 10 dwarves, the undead are higher geared, they charge in normally, maybe on their mounts, begin auto attacking, once they start losing health they then begin to do healing, maybe a special ability here and there, perhaps the CASTERS COULD USE 1 SPELL, AUTO ATTACK A BIT, AND THEN USE ANOTHER ONE to give people a chance. YES.

Guys, stop the attacking of the guilds, follow guidelines not on gear, but on the way the abilities are used, what you lot are thinking at that Guild A is annoyed because they lost, no, Guild A are annoyed because they didn't experience proper pvp, they experienced a gank fest, I would not care if I lost every pvp battle so long as I had long skirmishes.

an interesting idea, but having tried this before... limiting my skills, i found it dreadfully boring to be kited around and shot to bits by ten hunters...

sorry.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat May 22, 2010 10:58 pm

I agree with Krogon. Trying to limit your use of skills and abilities makes PvP even more boring than it already is.

RPing using PvP abilities or just plain PvPing with RP gear doesn't make RP-PvP. It's about balancing the two fields. You can't use PvP to progress your RP (for example, if you lose, you lose, you don't get to "call foul" like I've seen some people do), rather, the PvP should shape the RP progress on both sides. You don't cry because the event didn't go the way you wanted it to.

RP shouldn't restrict the fun being had in the event itself. An overflow of rules and self-proclaimed judges interfering with the action diminishes the fight, especially when it's put in place to enforce that the event ends in the way the arrangers want it to end, subverting the whole purpose of fighting to begin with (great motivation to fight if you know your actions won't affect the outcome, right?).

My 50 öre. Or five cents.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat May 22, 2010 11:00 pm

I am not getting why others feel the need to discuss how other guilds set up their events

Lock please.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat May 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:I am not getting why others feel the need to discuss how other guilds set up their events

Presumably these events affect them somehow, inspiring this discussion.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next